Analytical Accounting - Max Dimesnion Codes

Hi,
One of my Client's is considering to go down AA path with approx 300,000 AA
dimension codes. I would like to hear whether such data set is manageable
from Query wizard etc.

appreciate your thoughts.

Good Morning PR,
I found that the issue isn't the number of AA Trx Dim Codes it is the size
of the AAG30000 and AAG40000 tables the more entries the longer it takes to
product the report. I had one client that started having a cached SSRS report
with AA information as a management level report and a different SSRS report
with a more restrictive dataset for reporting weekly AA entries. I created
some custom SQL views for the AA data (AAG40000 table and AAG30000) and they
worked out great. Hope this helps.
--
Business Solutions Developer
Skywave Mobile Communications

"PR" wrote:

> Hi,
> One of my Client's is considering to go down AA path with approx 300,000 AA
> dimension codes. I would like to hear whether such data set is manageable
> from Query wizard etc.
>
> appreciate your thoughts.
Thanks Sonny.
We are thinking of moving away from Query Wizard based reporting with this
huge number of AA Codes and plan to use SQL views with some Excel reporting.

"Sonny Pawchuk" wrote:

> Good Morning PR,
> I found that the issue isn't the number of AA Trx Dim Codes it is the size
> of the AAG30000 and AAG40000 tables the more entries the longer it takes to
> product the report. I had one client that started having a cached SSRS report
> with AA information as a management level report and a different SSRS report
> with a more restrictive dataset for reporting weekly AA entries. I created
> some custom SQL views for the AA data (AAG40000 table and AAG30000) and they
> worked out great. Hope this helps.
> --
> Business Solutions Developer
> Skywave Mobile Communications
>

> "PR" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > One of my Client's is considering to go down AA path with approx 300,000 AA
> > dimension codes. I would like to hear whether such data set is manageable
> > from Query wizard etc.
> >
> > appreciate your thoughts.

Totaling number of oders by state and Order code ID
I have a very basic understanding of “coding” and am now way out of my league. I would like to be able to run Query(s) to get totals for “open” or “closed” or “all” ORDERS by Code3 and State with only following headers. Open or Closed or All Code3 State ID# Total of ID#/State The closest I have been able to come has been with ListofOrders_Crosstab2 below: TRANSFORM Count(ListofORDERS.Code3) AS CountOfCode3 SELECT ListofORDERS.Code3, Count(ListofORDERS.Code3) AS CountOfCode31 FROM ListofORDERS GROUP BY ListofORDERS.Code3 PIVOT ListofORDERS.State; Thanks for...

MDA and Analytical Accounting
Can Multidimensional Analysis and Analytical Accounting be used simultaneously? ------=_NextPart_0001_857158BF Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Can I ask why you would want to do that? David Musgrave [MSFT] Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions) http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics mailto:David.Musgrave@online.microsoft.com http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy. This pos...

Account Alias in FRx.
Hi, Is possible to print accoun alias in a FRx report? Thanks a lot.. -- Evelin. Not unless you enter it somewhere in the row format. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Ana Evelin Rosa" wrote: > Hi, > > Is possible to print accoun alias in a FRx report? > > Thanks a lot.. > -- > Evelin. ------=_NextPart_0001_31E0DFAA Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Evelin, Thanks for your question about FRx. Charles was correct, the only way to accomplish this would be to add that information to the row format. I would recommend adding this as a Pr...

Importing mail accounts
Hi, I just installed Office XP 2002, up from 2000. I have tried to import my mail accounts that I saved in .iaf files, but when I go to File, Import..., Import Internet Acct Settings, it immediately says "No internet accounts found to import"!!! Problem, it doesn't even ask me where it should be looking for them. Is there a fix or way around for this? TIA alphonse <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just installed Office XP 2002, up from 2000. I have > tried to import my mail accounts that I saved in .iaf > files, Outlook 2000 in Internet M...

IE upgrade broke account update
I just upgraded to IE v8 and forgot that all IE upgrades break the account update feature within MS Money... can someone please remind me what I have to do in IE to get MSM account updates working again? Regards, Mike k5map@arrl.net | 2009-06-27 | 8:46:24 AM wrote: >I just upgraded to IE v8 and forgot that all IE upgrades break the >account update feature within MS Money... can someone please remind me >what I have to do in IE to get MSM account updates working again? Uninstall Internet Explorer v8 -- Steve Bell New Life Home Improvement Arlington, TX USA ...

RMS - CRM
I run Dynamics CRM 4.0 and RMS 2.0 . What options do I have for Accounts integration between these three products (Crm, Accounts Application, RMS). I was hoping by now there would be a seemless link but I cannot see one and I've been waiting 4 years now ! :-) Because we are UK based Accounting 2009 looks our only option as GP seems far to complex for us. Can you help me out with these questions ? 1) Does anyone have any news on integrating pos2009 to accounting pro 2009? 2) Should I migrate to accounting pro 2009 and prey that a link is born. I'm getting fed up of double enter...

Multipul Email accounts
I have been setting up my Outlook 2003 for email accounts for my wife and myself we have different addresses on the same IP address Outlook says the addresses are working but only my account is downloaded from the IP. what is the problem. Jeff H. You should check with your isp for set detail. If your receiving mail from two isp's, you need to be sure you have the correct POP3 (incoming) and SMTP(out going) settings. I use earthlink for my ISP, but I pull mail from my office e-mail and have different pop3 and SMTP info for each account >-----Original Mes...

Uninstalling Analytical Accounting
Does anyone have instructions on how to uninstall Analytical Accounting from GP 10? We have a client that has used AA for about a year and they no longer want to use it. The best I can do is find instructions related to GP 8, but I would feel much better using updated processes, if they exist. Thanks Article ID #915903 'How to remove Analytical Accounting from a computer that has Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0 installed' has worked for me. "Scott S." wrote: > Does anyone have instructions on how to uninstall Analytical Accounting from > GP 10? We have a client tha...

Need help updating a value in VBA code
Hello Great Plains Gurus, I need to write some VBA code that changes the value of a field on another form (SalesCustomerDetailEntry). Easy enough, but the problem that I have is the original form that fires the VB code is in a third party dictionary, and the Dynamics dictionary already references that third party dictionary. Therefore I can not add the Dynamics dictionary as a reference in my third party dictionary due to cyclical references not being allowed. Is there any way around this issue, ie calling some sanscript function to perform the update from inside VBA? I realize that I can...

new 14 digit UPC codes
Will RMS eventually support the newer 14 digit UPC codes? I own a sporting goods store and the new Nike footwear is coming with 14 digit UPCs as opposed to the 12 digit ones. The barcode scanner decodes the barcode and sends the characters. RMS doesn't have any decoding capability. The only requirement I'm aware of for POS software to be compliant with the Sunrise 2005 Initiative is that the field to store the barcode number be at least 14 characters, and RMS allows 25 in the ItemLookupCode field. So if the scanner can decode the new UPC barcodes, it will send 14 characters...

Analytical Periods
I am now in trouble while running Multi-level query in Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 Analytical accounting. I have already setup a fiscal year from July to june of 13 periods of last 2 periods with same date as recommended by Microsoft where last period is for year end adjustments. When I was selecting period 3 of an year, it intimated me to select fiscal year from 7 to 12. When finaly I looked into Reporting period setup of Analytical accouting I found this error that Fiscal year 2007 which was starting from July 2007 to June 2008 appearing as July 2007 to December 2007 and next year whic...

Accounts for customers
Hi, How I can specify the accounts for customers??? I've used taUpdateCreateCustomerRcd xml but there isn't any fields where I can put the Sales account, Cost of Sales account, etc, in the customers maintenance I can specify them, I have great plains 7.5, eConnect 7.5. Regards Unfortunately, there is no eConnect node that can be used to specify the distribution on the customer record. To roll out proper accounts, we first created Customer Class - then manually updated every account on each class - and then we assigned it customer to that class and it takes care of the distribution...

Accounts
What is your recommened way to handle a user that is not longer with the companies user account in AD with exchange. 1. if you disable the account does that disable the exchange mailbox? we do not want this to happen we foward the users mail to their supervisors for a period of time. what is the recommended way to handle this situation? thanks I have similar situation and what i have done is First change the username and password. ( Don't change Exchange alias ) 1) You can choose to keep it that way and have the mails get collected in mail box and load this mailbox as additional ma...

Imported statements go into wrong account
I have associated one of my real accounts with the wrong account in Money 2009 delux (current version). How do I remove this association so I can fix it. Anytime I import now, it no longer gives me the option to pick an account (since it already knows which one it belong to (i.e. the wrong one)) In microsoft.public.money, singha wrote: >I have associated one of my real accounts with the wrong account in Money >2009 delux (current version). How do I remove this association so I can fix >it. Anytime I import now, it no longer gives me the option to pick an >account (since...

Project Accounting
In Project Accounting, when you are addiing Projects to Employee in the Project Access List , it would be nice to only see "Open" projects. -- ACG ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroup...

Balancing an account #2
MS Money 2004 Premium I've downloaded 3 months worth of checking statements to Money and the account balance is way off. I've tried to fix it with the "balance" feature, but keep making things worse, not better. Is there a step by step guide that someone can give me? I have my bank statements and think the following is the problem: My earliest downloaded statement starts with a transaction on November 3rd. My account balance (from my bank) and the balance that Money shows, are two entirely different numbers. Is there an easy way to adjust the beginning numbers...

Code to change label colour
I want a label control of a tickbox on a form to change colour if it is checked, assuming the checked value is YES. I've tried this code but it doesn't work Private Sub txtwithdrawn_AfterUpdate() If Me.txtwithdrawn Is Yes Then Me.txtwithdrawn_Label.ForeColor = 255 End If End Sub Can anyone help me here. Thanks Tony Sorry for posting too swiftly, realised that checked value should be = True and it worked. Thanks Tony "Tony Williams" <tw@invalid.com> wrote in message news:eKob1EoYIHA.220@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I want a label control of a tickbox on a form t...

From an analytical's standpoing -- how to get categories right?
Okay, I'm trying to use Money for what it's supposed to be for, categorizing everything properly, and not throwing everything into the "Miscellaneous" category. But what about a number of odd things, such as: Stamps or other similar items... I can't call them Groceries, and it doesn't seem proper to call them Household, either? Tithing... giving my 10% to my church doesn't seem to have an applicable category. I'm sure there are others, but these are the two that have been bugging me as of late. Ken In microsoft.public.money, Kenneth Pardue wrote: ...

when I open outlook, the messages from POP3 account are all delete
I am very frustrated, and this makes me not use outlook. What to do to have my other email mailbox unchanged? Thanks! Are you saying that you have two computers but you want only one computer to download all messages from the server while the other computer should download the messages but keep them on the server for other computer to access them? If so, then you need to put a check mark around: "Leave a copy of messages on the server". To get there, try this on the machine THAT SHOULD NOT DELETE ANY MESSAGES: 1) Open your outlook (if it is not open) 2) On the Me...

Multiply Exchange Accounts
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Can Office:Mac 2008 Can Entourage handle 2 different exchange accounts at the same time? These was possible with Entourage in Office 2004 Home and Student version. gemcconnell@officeformac.com wrote: > Can Office:Mac 2008 Can Entourage handle 2 different exchange > accounts at the same time? These was possible with Entourage in > Office 2004 Home and Student version. Entourage in both the standard version of Office 2008 and Office 2008 Special media Edition supports multiple Exchange accounts. Entourage in ...

Data Source for Analytical Accounting
When I run any of the queries for Analytical Accounting, it processes partially and then appears to hang. If I go to the Task Manager, I can see a task for Select Data Source. When I swtich to the that task, I can select a data source and then must login and the query finishes writing to Excel. How can I setup the data source to be saved, selected and logged into, automatically. It does not seem like this should be something a user has to do each time. Thanks I am having same problem too,moreover the screen of multilevel query is displayed at status bar,I cant restore it or close ...

Generate Leads/Accounts/Cases from a public website?
Greetings all, My employer asked me to investigate using a public .Net website to help generate information to be used in CRM. Specifically, he'd like our website to have webforms that, when filled out and submitted, would generate leads, accounts, or cases depending on what our needs are (I suspect generating leads would suffice for now). Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to accomplish this? I've found it difficult to find information online concerning this. We're currently using CRM 3.0 although I'd be interested to know what differences would be in...

account balances do not match
The balance shown on the Account List for one of my credit cards shows that I owe $200. When I open the Transaction List for the credit card account, the amount owed shows (correctly) a balance of $0. Also, when I go to reconcile the credit card account with the statement, the "Total amount you owed last month" default entry shows $200 more that it should. When I go to correct this error, my only option is to have the program force balance with a $200 correction entry. The Account List balance and the Transaction List balance for the account is still $200 different. Do...

pop email account
trying to set up email through outlook and it keeps coming back as verify email address. 530 authentication help <help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > trying to set up email through outlook and it keeps coming back as > verify email address. 530 authentication Make sure you are properly authenticating in your account settings. -- Brian Tillman ...

Cancelling my account
I am trying to cancel my old account and it keeps telling me "To close your Windows Live Hotmail account, you must first cancel your billing service. Go to Microsoft Account and Billing Services at https://billing.microsoft.com. I have clicked on the link and it says that I do not have a billing relationship and I cant close the account or get anyone to help me. PLEASE HELP ME Is your account a sub-account of another paying account or was it previously created by a parent or provided by an MSN Partner account ? - these are at least two reasons that might cause the billing...