analytical accounting lookups should only show valid codes

When entering AA transaction distributions, the code lookup window should
only show valid code combinations.  It's not intuitive for the user to have
to select a code and get an error message to discover which codes are valid.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=bad47e4f-bbb1-4fc4-96c4-170b14393de5&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
bklenzman (99)

This will be affecting performance as forward and backward validations for
each records have to be done while adding into look up.With present
functionality one one code need to be validated and will be fast.

"bklenzman" wrote:

> When entering AA transaction distributions, the code lookup window should
> only show valid code combinations.  It's not intuitive for the user to have
> to select a code and get an error message to discover which codes are valid.
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=bad47e4f-bbb1-4fc4-96c4-170b14393de5&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
PradeepMV (108)

Import account info from brokerage accounts
What is the best way for me to go about setting my brokerage accounts for automatic updating into Money 2005? I currently have a couple of accounts that I have been entering transactions manually. Is the best way to delete these accounts and download. Or download over the existing accounts I have setup in Money. The brokerage I will be using is e*Trade. Anyone have experience with them? Any suggestions will be appreciated to help with a smooth transition. Thanks.... In microsoft.public.money, Bishoop wrote: >What is the best way for me to go about setting my brokerage account...

CRM to GP Integration--Account # to Account ID
Hello: Has anybody else run across a problem integrating account records in CRM--specifically the account numbers? We would like to be able to assign an account number from CRM once they become a customer and place the first order. We have setup the integration to create GP customers on order creation, but GP overrides whatever is entered in the CRM account # field and writes the account name into the GP Customer ID field. One option we thought of was to create the records first in GP, but this would be time consuming and there would be no way to link the newly created custome...

code for new rows and filling down
I have the following piece of code that inserts a new row in a given position (the active cell row in current worksheet) on each of the 8 listed worksheets below. When the new row is inserted, the code then 'pulls down' formulae from the above row - this is where the problem lies, i only want certain cells to copy down from above, eg where there is a formulae that needs to be copied down, i do not want manual entry cells to copy actual data down from above. How can i specify which specific cells to copy down? OR Is there a method by which i can fill down - as the coding pres...

Missing Stock in Brokerage Account
I recently timed out on my Money software and downloaded Money Plus Deluxe. My existing brokerage account is now missing one of my stock holdings. While I can see all the transactions in the account register, this particular stock (WFC) does not show up in the account summary view and all the account balances. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks, -- Michael In microsoft.public.money, Michael Villanueva wrote: >I recently timed out on my Money software and downloaded Money Plus Deluxe. >My existing brokerage account is now missing one of my stock holdings. While >I can see al...

Merging Accounts limited to JUST ONE MONTH?
As requested - I changed my ONLINE account set-up for MONEY 2006 as per your online instructions - thank you. I turned OFF my account. Then re-setup and re-downloaded the current data. After doing this, without any warning, I learn mid merge that my re-downloaded account and my previous updated account will only be merged for the beginning of JULY. (the current month) YIKES! I had a years worth of data there. What do I do? Am I now to have 2 separate checking account records for this year, pre JULY and post JULY, or is there a way I can "import" my other data?. Thank y...

Sync email account
How do you sync your hotmail account to outlook express. I keep getting an error message telling me to check my username and password and make sure they are correct. I have checked and double checked my entries and they are correct. Can someone help me? :) On 4/16/2010 6:20 AM, Matt wrote: > How do you sync your hotmail account to outlook express. I keep getting an > error message telling me to check my username and password and make sure > they are correct. I have checked and double checked my entries and they are > correct. Can someone help me? :) > > ...

about accounting book relevant to excel
hi which site I can find best or relevent books about excel in accounting / others best Hi have a look at: http://www.contextures.com/xlbooks.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany hassan barjini wrote: > hi > which site I can find best or relevent books about excel in > accounting / others > best ...

Error Code
I have code to save my file and make a copy of the file as a new name All is great! Sometimes on error I save the file twice... or try to, and I get a error 1004. Is there a way for me to add in my code If Error 1004 then end the function? Below is the code I have. Where would I add the code that I need also. Sub Print_And_Save() ' ' Print_And_Save Macro ' Prints Proposal, saves proposal, then saves as to Completed Proposal folder. ' ' Range("F2").Select ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True ActiveWorkbook.Save Path = "C:\WINDOWS\...

How void receipt/shipment with wrong Item account codes
Series : Purchase Order Processing http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/135/20100312185625.png No sure by create a Purchase Return can help =96 my concern is wrong account codes & the standard cost. Under Item maintenance, the item (V0910) has already with wrong account codes and wrong standard cost, Has been wrong even BEFOFE the creation of the receipt shipment. So, the Shipment transaction is now with the wrong accounts. I am wondering if by doing a purchase return (Transaction > Purchasing > Return Transaction Entry) can help to reversing all the wrong entries f...

Showing "BCC" and not showing "From" when writing new mail
Outlook 2007 on this computer, when you hit "New" opens a new mail message that shows the "From" area and does not show the "BCC" area. I'd like to know how to: (1) stop showing the "From" area and (2) showing the BCC area on messages that I'm writing. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you! Ivan Look at the Options Tab You can't miss it. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] <IWHalperin@gmail.com> wrote in message news:7c145f22-739c-4599-8e2b-3fa6f4de7ab3@e6g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > Outlook 2007 on this computer, when you hit &q...

Excel Showing a Calculation and a Value
I would like to know if it is possible to take the value from two cells and calculated the value and have the information displayed in the calculating cell as both what is being calculated and the calculated value. Example C3 = 5 C2 = 10 C6 = C3/C2 and would show 50%, i would like it to show "(10/5) 50%" With 3 in A1 and 12 in B1, this formula =B1&"/"&A1&" = "&B1/A1 displays 12/3 = 4 However, you will not be able to do arithmetic with the result best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "C...

how do I show a discontinuous chart axis
-- Sam See Jon Peltier's work http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BrokenYAxis.html best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "SamR" <SamR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46188826-18A9-43CF-9FFB-C533905EA30E@microsoft.com... > > -- > Sam ...

Incident and Account.Owner / Primary Contact
I've been looking at the deployment manager and It appears what I want is possible but I want to make sure it will not "break" something. In our incident form we have a field called "Case Contact". I would like for this field to be populated with the Account's Primary Contact name that is associated to the account. How can I make this association, is there any documentation about mapping fields from account to incident? I think I'm in worse shape because I need to populate this field with a contact that is associated to an account which does not seem to have...

VBA code #5
Hi What code could be used in vba that will find 2 values (1 in a column and the other in row) and once found the values if we draw a line we would reach the cell which contains the value I require. Currently have the following formula's in a sheet which brings back the value I am after however I would like to put it into VBA as I keep moving the cell due to adding more values to the column & row. cell 1 =+IF(Sheet1!I7>0,MATCH(LOOKUP(Sheet1!I7,numbers),numbers,1),"") cell 2 =+MATCH(LOOKUP(Sheet1!E11,months),months,1) cell with value required = IF(I7>0,IF(E11<&...

code needed, please
I have a list I need to do some arranging in. Column A (moving down one after another i.e A1, A2, etc) first has the company name, then under it is the street address, then under that is the city. It now repeats with new information (every 3 lines are the same and there are no spaces between the companies although in the end I would like there to be 1 space). Now comes the tricky part. In column B cell number 1 is the contact information for the company in cells A1,A2,A3 and I would like that to appear directly below the companies, and in column c we have the phone numbers which woul...

BCC Mail is not received but delivered to stray mail account
We have SBS2003 with exchange server installed with all SP's intalled. For any of our employees, if an email is sent to them where they have been identified in the BCC field only, the email is not received by them but instead it is delivered to the designated stray mail account. Consequently they may never receive some emails. Has anyone encountered this at all? Thanks On Wed, 31 May 2006 23:48:01 -0700, ProgPac161 <ProgPac161@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have SBS2003 with exchange server installed with all SP's intalled. For >any of our employees, if an...

Help needed with Vlookup code
I have noticed other vlookup codes in excel and after looking at them have started to try and use them myself. 2 questions. 1) The codes i saw had a lot of $ signs in them. I dont use them when i use vlookup and it seems to work fine. Is there a reason $ signs are added? 2) I have a vlookup code "=VLOOKUP(A9,Database!A1:F8000,2,FALSE)" and so on for a few lines and when it finds a blank box it puts 0 in there to represent that. Is there a way i can have it so that instead of putting a zero in it just leaves the box blank? -- Help Needed -------------------------------------...

Lookup for once
Hi All, Need help on the following. A V 1 AAA001 AAA001 2 AAA001 BBB001 3 AAA001 BBB002 4 BBB001 5 BBB001 6 BBB002 I need a formula in column V that could auto pick-up or lookup what was inputed in column A and without repeating in column V. Thank you, Kevin Maybe Data|Filter|Advanced filter|Unique Records only. See Debra Dalgleish's site for nice instructions. http://contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html#FilterUR Kevin Lin wrote: > > Hi All, > > Need help on the following. > > A V > 1 AAA001 ...

Lookup formulas
I have 2 spread sheets: Weeknr Code amount 4 2001 80.00 4 2002 90.00 5 2001 100.00 5 2003 10.00 2ndt sheet A B C 1. Week nr 2001 2002 2. 4 3. 4 4. 4 I want to insert a formula in B2:C4 the amount in spreadsheet 1 if code is equal to B1and C1 and week nr is equal to A2-A4. Thanks =INDEX(Sheet1!$C$1:$C$5,MATCH($A2&B$1,Sheet1!$A$1:$A$5&Sheet1!$B$1:$B$5,0)) as an array formula, so commit with Ctrl-Shift-Enter -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) &quo...

Credits showing up as Charges #2
I have the same problem as someone had already mentioned. When ever I download the transactions from my bank into the credit card account in money the payments are added to the principle rather than deducted same problem with my line of credit. I usually use the credit card payment category. any ideas Don't download transaction data? <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:175e901c44913$b132f6d0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have the same problem as someone had already mentioned. > When ever I download the transactions from my bank into > the credit car...

Recording new excel macro, relative reference button doesn't show
When recording a new macro in excel I want to select the relative reference button in the stop recording box, but the stop recording box does not popup; it's no where to be found. Everything I've read on-line says it just appears, but it doesn't on my system. It works fine on my co-workers machine, and he has the same system as mine. We are both running Windows XP, with excel version 2003. hi, not sure why it isn't popping up on your machine. it does on mine. but you can access it anyway. Tools>customize>toolbar tab>check stop recording scroll down.....

Show jpg images?
Hi, I 'm programing a MFC Aplication which should show a jpg images from hard disk. How can I show jpg images? With bmp images, I haven't problem. Thanks ...

excel 'file format is not valid'
I have an excel file which was retrieved from a computer running Win 98. This computer crashed and when the file was retrieved it will not open in any version of excel. I keep getting the error message 'file format is not valid'. The file does open in wordpad but this is gobbleygook and would take ages to get the data reorganised. Can anyone help? There are no viruses in the file - it just will not open. You might be able to recover it by using another program--both xl2002 and OpenOffice have better reputations for opening files that earlier versions of excel couldn't. (ht...

book mark not valid
Ok we started trying to get exchange 2003 installed about 2 months ago, with no luck. So we went and took a 2 day crash course. We got it set up OWA works but when we try to setup Outlook 2003 clients we get "Name not found. Book mark is not valid." Can anyone give me detailed instruction on how to fix this problem? This is the 3rd time exchange was installed in on this network. Is there anything that could be messing up the domain controllers and not allowing the info to go through. My knowledge of Exchange and Windows server 2003 is very limited. If you could explain it like your ...

SELF Account in Mailbox Properties
E2K3 SP1 Mixed Mode All new users that I create in E2K3 have the SELF account on the Mailbox Permissions. The actual user account never appears. I understand that the SELF account appears when a mailbox is first created, but I thought that it would be replaced by the user account once they logon and replication occurs. All my E55 users that I have moved to E2K3 have their accounts listed, but none of my original E2K3 users appear. Is this normal? Hi, This is not normal, looks like Recipient Update Service is not running, not configured or not configured correctly. Are addresses bein...