Amount in words

Dear,

Is any way i can have Amount in SOP & Cash Reciepts atleast  to shown in
figure + characters like $ 150.20 (handred fifty usd and 20 cent. )

thanks & regards
0
AFT (40)

Why don't you use the following report writer user defined function in a
calculated field to show the amount in words.

RW_ConvertToWordsAndNumbers()

function returns string OUT_string;
in currency IN_Value;				{ Value of Currency }
in string IN_Currency;				{ Currency ID of Currency - Leave Blank for
Functional }
in integer IN_Mode; 				{ non-zero = Use Numbers and Words instead of only
Words }

For more information you can look at the Report Writer Programmer's Guide in
the SDK (Software Developers Kit).  The SDK can be installed from the Tools
folder of CD2 of the Great Plains Install CDs.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Senior Development Consultant
Escalation Engineer
MBS Support - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Business Solutions

mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com

and confers no rights.

"AFT" wrote:

> Dear,
>
> Is any way i can have Amount in SOP & Cash Reciepts atleast  to shown in
> figure + characters like $ 150.20 (handred fifty usd and 20 cent. )
>
> thanks & regards
0
dmusgrav1 (1325)

How do I download online citations into Word 2007 (References)?
I'm using the Word 2007 References feature to manage my bibliographies. I've been entering author, title, etc. manually. Is there a way to export/download citations directly from academic journal databases directly into the Word Reference manager so I don't have to do this manually? It sure would help when managing many sources! Usually, when in these databases, you can choose to download the citation into a citation manager, but Word is never on the list. It's RefWorks, EndNote, etc. It's probably something really simple, right? Thanks for your help!...

Budget amounts are doubled
Due to errors I have had to delete and renter deposits and bills but in the budget and in edit budget these amounts are doubled even though they were deleted???. I tried to correct these and it won't let me. For example my mortgage payment is 460.00 but my budget shows 920.00 every month; when I try to edit it just bounces me back to the budget. Any ideas? Is the budget amount correct next month? Changes to budget items are made to the next budget period and not the one in progress. If it's wrong *every* month, then you might be better off starting a new budget. -- Glyn S...

Word is starting when Outlook does
I think something was changed when I upgraded to Windows XP. Now when Outlook starts it starts Word. Word is my email editor but this is a little annoying. When it's starting it fires off with the "run macros" dialog box. Isn't there supposed to be a MSWord executable that starts on login and runs as a background app? Thank you, Shawn G'Day Shawn, When (Office) Outlook starts Word as its Editor, it usually starts a 'hidden' instance of Word - i.e. Word runs WITHOUT its normal 'Window'. However, if Word needs to communicate with the User (You) then th...

Myst Technology Word 2007 ORS add-in
A 2007 Element K course book calls for adding the Myst Technology services "FindWhatORS" to the Research Task Pane in Word 2007. Unfortunately it is not available. Did Microsoft delete the service? Have you tried asking MyST Technologies about their add-in? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Robert" <instructor@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:C0F022ED-B548-4A4C-B758-51D39E37C71B@microsoft.com... >A 2007 Element K course book calls for adding the Myst Technology servi...

How to add amount to a cell based on category and month
I have a list of expenxe categories and by month along the top. How can I write the sumif function based on two criteria from drop-down list(one list is Expenses and the second list is the Months) and the third (Amount) cell would be where I input an amount to be added into the table: Expenses month amount Fuel JAN _______ Expenses JAN FEB MAR Trucks/Auto Fuel 348.23 Oils 35.99 Maintenance 298.33 Parts 59.21 DMV 745.87 -- so many functions...!?!?!?!?!?!? If you are trying to fill a matr...

Outlook Express and Word Documents received
I am currently in serious need of reciving MicrosoftWord documents via my email and for some reason outlook express is deleting all the attachments as they come in before I can look at them, how do I adjust the settings??? b Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies...

How do I highlight a word or sentence within Excel?
Is there a way to highlight certain words or sentences within Excel. I don't want to hightlight the entire cell 9I know how to do that, I just want to hightlight certain text. Thank you. You can select the words (or characters) in the formula bar, then use Format|cells to change some formatting. This won't work if the cell contains a formula or contains real numbers. It has to be text. cands wrote: > > Is there a way to highlight certain words or sentences within Excel. I don't > want to hightlight the entire cell 9I know how to do that, I just want to > hightli...

how to copy word document to excel
When I copy a Word document to a new Excel sheet, it adds rows between each line of the Word doc. Any ideas how to make this stop? Thanks! What are you pasting, exactly? Obviously, tabular data or actual tables would be suitable for Excel, while text paragraphs are more difficult to deal with. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "LM" <LM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45AAC4E4-29F1-40E2-BE30-C572B57E29A0@microsoft.com... > When I copy a Word document to a new Excel sheet, it adds rows between > each > line of the Word ...

Word trouble
Typed word document in Word 2007 and opened it up in Word 2000 but it didn't open correctly. How can i open this doc in Word 2000 without downloading Word 2007 on computer? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Have you installed the Compatibility Pack? See http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=941b3470-3ae9-4aee-8f43-c6bb74cd1466&displaylang=en -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Christina" <Christina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC7BB516-AE6...

No copy-paste between Word 2008 and ChemDraw
Word 2008 does not retain the structural information when a chemical structure copied from ChemDraw (cambridgesoft) is pasted in a doc. If you recopy de structure in the word document, it is pasted as a image (no editable) in the ChemDraw file. <br> There is no such problem in Word 2004 or X. Try Edit>Paste>Special... What options do you get? On 23/01/08 11:53 PM, in article ee8a19c.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "cepi@officeformac.com" <cepi@officeformac.com> wrote: > Word 2008 does not retain the structural information when a chemical structure > copied f...

Calculate the amount of time over a permitted amount (12 hours)
Hi I would like to calcualte the time over a permitted amount and display it in a cell. Column C is the start time dd/mm/yy hh:mm and Column L is the finish time dd/mm/yy hh:mm. The alloted time is 12 hours for the job and and need column M to show the amount of time used over the 12 hours. Many Thanks. =MAX(L2-C2-"12:00",0) and format as time,[h]:mm -- HTH Bob "Steve M" <SteveM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:909E493A-ED55-40A3-9406-6588A333F281@microsoft.com... > Hi > I would like to calcualte the time over ...

how do I reset a word page to the original margins?
How do I reset a .dot file to the original format that I had when originally loaded my Word 2003?? You can do this by renaming Normal.dot, but see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/BlankDocNotBlank.htm for advice on preserving customizations. If all you need to change is the margins, then you can do this without renaming Normal.dot. Open a new blank document. In Page Setup, without making any other changes, set top and bottom margins to 1", sides to 1.25", then click the Default... button and answer yes. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into...

Word AppleScript Reference
A 526-page Reference for Word AppleScript has just been released: http://www.microsoft.com/mac/resources/resources.aspx?pid=asforoffice This looks _very_ impressive indeed on first glance. 526 well-organized pages! This is going to make a HUGE difference to Word's being scripted. And references are expected for the other apps too, according to the web site. There are sample scripts there too. -- Paul Berkowitz MVP MacOffice Entourage FAQ Page: <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/faq/index.html> AppleScripts for Entourage: <http://macscripter.net/scriptbuilders/> Please &q...

Search a range of cells for a specific word
I want to search every cell in a column until I get to a cell that has a sentence that starts with the word "Disclaimer:" How would I write code for that? Use edit>find>find>"Disclaimer". Record a macro while doing -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "Bishop" <Bishop@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF1DFB02-5A16-454F-A655-5B07AA69F96C@microsoft.com... >I want to search every cell in a column until I get to a cell that has a > sentence that starts with the word "Dis...

How to remove dots between words in Word
These dots are there between words when constructing a document. They are annoying more than anything. I want them gone. How? Can anyone advise me? Press Ctrl+Shift+8 or click the � button on the toolbar. See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm for why you might want to see those characters. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 18:09:01 -0800, Dot removal <Dot removal@discussions.microsoft.co...

once you have an amount in a cell how do you get that amount to i.
How do you get an amount already in a cell that had been formatted to increase by say 500 Place 500 in a blank cell, edit|copy the cell with 500, edit|past special|add on the cell you want to change "jillingore" wrote: > How do you get an amount already in a cell that had been formatted to > increase by say 500 Jill, You can add 500 to a cell by typing 500 in a blank cell, copying that cell, then selecting your cell that you want to increment and: right-click, select Paste Special, then click "Values" and "Add" and then press OK. You can do t...

Sending emails out of Word 2007
I have a new PC with Office Professional 2007 installed and have a small but iriatating problem, I don't know if it is an Outlook or an Office 2007 problem as I have never used Outlook before: When creating a document in Word 2007 and then sending by email, it opens Outlook and sends the word document as an attachment. In Office 2003 when I sent a Word document it would open WinMail and the Word document was visible / embedded in the email, can I get Word & Outlook 2007 to do that? And is there a way to make saving as a .doc file the default method as I don't k...

Historical Stock Status Report Qty vs Amount discrepancy
I have quantity 0 in the quantity column but dollar amounts in the extended amount column (both positive and negative). I have tried adjusting costs, and variations of inventory transactions, ultimately I can change the quantity, but the dollar amount will not update/fix. I am in urgent need of assistance - trying to close year end! I am using GP8 standard On Jul 19, 4:44 am, Kristi P <Kris...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have quantity 0 in the quantity column but dollar amounts in the extended > amount column (both positive and negative). I have tried adjusting ...

Non-editable text/picture boxes in Word

problem exporting reports to word
I am using Access 2007 to produce a report based on a query. The report has for each record several lines combining various fields using IIf statements. I then have a button to export the report to Word using the standard command DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport, "QryList", acFormatRTF, strfilepath, True, , , acExportQualityPrint It worked....at the beginning and then my users started telling me that after a while the Word reports starting having errors. The error is always the same : the first 3 records are generally perfectly replicated in the Word document bu...

Using Outlook Contact Information to Send a Letter to a Contact using a Custom Word Template
The feature works fine until you try to use a template other than normal.dot. When you use any other template, only the headers and footers appear in your letter - none of the text that is part of the template. My custom template does have the word "Letter" in it (required for the feature to display it in the wizard) and it is recognized by the wizard as a valid template by it's appearance in the wizard dialog box. Any ideas about how to make the Outlook feature export the contact data as well as make the custom template text appear in the letter that is based on it? - Rik Yo...

change settings to open in word not word pad
everytime I try to open a document it trys to us wordpad and is unreadable how do I change the settings to open in word Go to control panel - Folder options- files and set association for DOC to word\SG "sidsid" <sidsid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:582EF55E-A38A-4D9A-9D7E-1ADFA76ED501@microsoft.com... > everytime I try to open a document it trys to us wordpad and is unreadable > how do I change the settings to open in word In Word, click Help, Detect and Repair to reset the associations shakey wrote: > Go to control panel -...

Conditional format words vs. numbers
HI. I need to know how to set a conditional format that would font all numbers black but any letters gray within a cell. Thanx. Conditional formatting won't do this kind of character by character formatting. (You did mean that there was a combination of numbers and letters in the same cell, right?) "J.W. Aldridge" wrote: > > HI. > > I need to know how to set a conditional format that would font all > numbers black but any letters gray within a cell. > > Thanx. -- Dave Peterson Not with CF, but VBA will do it Public Sub FormatCellLetters() Dim ...