Altering SP

Can GP stored procedures be altered. How safe is that.

In general you should not alter  procs created by GP.  There is a
possibility that the proc could be altered in a hotfix or upgrade.  You may
not notice that the proc has changed till much later when you find that the
proc is not working as you had meant it
Intead, find a way to call your own proc using vba or a trigger.
HS

"Asma" <asma_twinmos@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Can GP stored procedures be altered. How safe is that.

0
HSalim (1270)

message date/time altered when copying from public folder
I have noticed that if we copy mail messages from public folders to users own mailboxes, the time is off by a few minutes to a few hours. If a message arrives late at night, the copied mail may even have the next day's date. We have mail-enabled public folders, and users copy mail to their inboxes from there, but this date/time change is bothering. Do the headers contain different time stamps, and does Outlook read them differently to the Public folders? Any ideas? Jo On Sun, 1 Oct 2006 15:31:18 +0900, "Jo" <gsc@gol.com> wrote: >I have noticed that if we copy mail...

Altering Cursors
Hello, I have some toolbar buttons in my dialog DLL app and two of them are zoom-in and zoom-out. Is there an MFC class like CWaitCursor that can display a zoom-in/zoom-out cursor? Thank you so much. Victor. You will have to change the cursor yourself. Here is an example of the how to change cursors, load the cursor in the m_CursorHand variable: (It's a comment for how to solve a problem of another problem, but it does explain changing cursors nicely) http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/buttonctrl/comments.php/c2069/?thread=26628 AliR. "victorsk" <victorsk@discussio...

Altering font sizes
I am currently trying to resize the font throughout the whole of a Publisher document, but am having significant trouble acheiving it. Due to the nature of the document, it has well over 50 separate text boxes. I discovered recently that the document (a diagram) would have to be extended, so was intending to shrink it all slightly to fit in the extra parts. Having selected it all (Ctrl-A), grouped it, and shrinking it slightly, the text no longer fits within many of the text boxes. When i went to change the font size, all the font parts within the formatting toolbar were grayed out, a...

SP- 228512 Won't install
Howdy NG, I'm trying to install the hotfix 228512 onto a client's machine for CRM Sales for Outlook installation. It refuses to install with a window would I like to install the file over ... so I click yes (using the hotfix instructions), and the window closes without installation. Anyone experience similar? Incidentally, the machine was been fully updated (Windows 2000 and Office 2000) other than this last hotfix... I had one wierd one where I could not install any patches. I uninstalled office alltogether, re-installed and then the patches went fine. Dave "kb&quo...

Altered meeting always becomes recurring
We're on an Outlook 2007 / Exchange 2008 setup. Here's what happens: 1. Person sends a New Meeting Request for, say, Monday at 9 AM. Everything works properly and the entry appears as it should on the calendar. 2. Person later decides to change the meeting to, say, Tuesday at 10 AM. So they open the original entry on the calendar (from step #1 above) and changes the date to Tuesday and the time to 10 AM, then sends the update. 3. The meeting appears in the new location on the calendar OK but it has been changed into a recurring event. I've verified that the r...

alter function
Hi, using SQL2005. I want to replace a function and can't because the function is being referenced by an object. I have tried to drop it first and then create the function. This has the same error result. Is there a way to ignore any referenced object and drop a function (and then re-create it). Alternatively any way to ignore referenced object and alter a function. Any ideas or recommendations appreciated :-) Many thanks, Jonathan Hi Havv you created a UDF with SCHEMA BINDING option? "Jonathan" <Jonathan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

sql server sp 3 and rms??
Hi all Has Service Pack 3 for Microsoft SQL Server 2005 been certified to work with RMS? thanks yes -- vendaliajat@yahoo.com "darwin" <darwin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:486E70DB-54CE-4D6B-B88F-82C2839C809E@microsoft.com... > Hi all > Has Service Pack 3 for Microsoft SQL Server 2005 been certified to work > with > RMS? > > thanks > ...

Altering SP
Can GP stored procedures be altered. How safe is that. In general you should not alter procs created by GP. There is a possibility that the proc could be altered in a hotfix or upgrade. You may not notice that the proc has changed till much later when you find that the proc is not working as you had meant it Intead, find a way to call your own proc using vba or a trigger. HS "Asma" <asma_twinmos@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1183294932.796908.67450@w5g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > Can GP stored procedures be altered. How safe is that. > ...

How to alter Footers in Publisher and Word
I have produced pages in Publisher and Word (2003) and cannot get a printed version with the "Footers" less than 300mm from the bottom of the page. I have tried changing footer size and page size to no avail. I have also ended up with the footer showing on the screen but on printing - nothing! It looks ridiculous (to me) to have the Footer (seemingly) sitting halfway up the document. The paradox is that I can get a Header, from the very top of the page, to print??? Have you checked the limitations of your printer? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Chrise...

Alter a picture
Is it possible to ungroup an imported picture and make changes to it? I have a picture of a maple leaf and I would like to keep just the outline. Using Pub 2003, Windows XP Vanilla On 02 May 2004 12:41, "Vanilla" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to ungroup an imported picture and make changes to it? I >have a picture of a maple leaf and I would like to keep just the >outline. Using Pub 2003, Windows XP. >Vanilla Depends on the picture format. What format is the picture in? -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.mvps.org/...

.cvs file alters form
Using outlook express 2000 I have received, saved, and attached .cvs files to my outgoing emails with 100% success. However, am now using outlook 2003 and am getting complaints from my usual receipient saying that the file has changed form is unusable by the software normally used at the receipient's end. WMT, Bill Bill wrote: > Using outlook express 2000 I have received, saved, and attached .cvs > files to my outgoing emails with 100% success. However, am now using > outlook 2003 and am getting complaints from my usual receipient > saying that the file has changed form...

altered keyboard layout in PPT
Hi, For some reason, some of my keys do not work properly in PPT only (Word is fine). For example, shift-backslash gives a french character. How can I fix this? Hi, Have a look in the "tool" > "auto correct" settings and the "auto format as you type" settings look for the characters you are seeing in the "replace" "with" boxes cheers TAJ Simmons PowerPoint Master http://www.awesomebackgrounds.com awesome - powerpoint templates, powerpoint backgrounds, free samples, ppt tutorials... "RStanzel" <RS...

Altered Invoices
Is there any way to create a report of invoices that have been alterd after once issued? Any help in this regard will be appricated. Thanks Deep, Use the Sales Transactions SmartList and add the 'Created Date' and 'Modified Date' fields to it. Any differences in dates will indicate changes to the invoices. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com Can you explain a bit more? When were the invoices changed? Before they were posted (typically the case), after they were posted (requires some SQL backen...

ALTER USER
Does anyone have an example of how to use the ALTER USER statement in code? I want to use it to allow users to change their passwords when I deploy the app. Currently I have everybody with the password "new", and at initial log on I want to promt them to change their password. I'm using user level security, developing in Access 2007 and deploying the app as a 2003 mde over a citrix farm with the back end on a server. Thanks in advance, Rob Hi, Rob. > Does anyone have an example of how to use the ALTER USER statement in > code? Try: ALTER USER UserName PASSWOR...

Applying EX03 SP2 to front end with various SP on backend server
We have 6 exchange backend servers and one front end server. The front end and 2 of the backend servers are at ExSP1. When i apply Exsp2 to the front end do I first have to bring all the backend server up to the sp1 level. I want to do this in stages to spread out any issues. So front end and 2 backend, then another night do do more servers, etc. Can i do it in this manner? Do all your FE servers first and then the rest as quickly as possible. Nue "Brillmike" <brillmike@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:A01448DF-774B-48F9-85C2-4F5B0EFAFF55@microsoft.com... > We have 6...

visio 2000 sr1 + xp sp 2
I have this along with Word 2000. I just installed XP Service Pack 2. Now two things are happening: 1. When I cut and paste from Visio to Word all that gets put into the document is some text. 2. When I try to import a Visio diagram into Word I either get "not enough memory" or "application not installed properly" Has anyone experienced this or can offer their solutions? Thanks, Scott Hi Scott, 1) I'm not seeing an issue when I cut and paste a Visio shape from Visio 2000 SR-1 into Word 2000 SP3. What object or data are you trying to cut and paste from...

Altering Legend
I've created a column chart with nine data series. By default, each of the nine columns was a different colour, but I've altered that, so that two columns are now gray, while the remaining seven are black. When I show a legend for the chart, there's a different legend entry for each of the nine columns, each entry showing either gray or black, whichever is appropriate. What I would like to do is have only two entries in the legend, one showing gray and the other black. I'd also like each of the two legend entries to show a text I choose, which text will indicate that the two bl...

Security to Setup Checklist-ver 10 SP 4
Hi Folks If I only assisgn 'Defaultuser' to a user they automatically have rights to [Administration / Setup / Setup Checklist] and I do not want them to have those rights. I have searched through the boxes that are ticked for the 'Defaultuser' and I cannot find which box to untick and so I am asking if anyone else has found where to untick this please. Many thanks in advance Sheila The checkilsts are standard windows as thus would not be in the DEFAULTUSER group of customized reports and forms. Locate the desired check list in the appropriate security Tas...

Monitor Memory for Alteration
Hi All, Does the Windows API provide a function which allows one to monitor a chunk of memory for modifications (similar to watching a directory for changes using FindFirstChangeNotification())? Jeff On 29 May 2007 13:01:44 -0700, Jeffrey Walton <noloader@gmail.com> wrote: >Does the Windows API provide a function which allows one to monitor a >chunk of memory for modifications (similar to watching a directory for >changes using FindFirstChangeNotification())? I don't know (I would be interested in knowing that, too). You may try to ask to the kernel newsgroup: micr...

How to script all Stored procedures as Alter
I am trying to script all my stored procedures to a query window. And I am using the Scripts Wizard which by default does a Create for all my procedures. I tried changing the "Script Create" option to false but it didn't work. It ran as if it did but I assume since I said false to Script Create it had nothing to do and a new Query window never opened up. If I say true to Script Create it works fine. If you do an individual script it works fine (without the wizard). Is there a way to do it? Thanks, Tom Hi, You have another option to drop, so ...

SP 2 Causing Outlook Problems
Since installing Service Pack 2, Outlook will not open unless I reboot the computer for each use. I tried to reinstall Outlook which did not help, any suggestions will be appreciated. ...

Countif function in the same row but in alter...
I am trying to carry out a countif function in alternate cells. For example count the number of cells contaning only the letter A in cells A1, A3, A5, A7 etc..Similarly for the letters B, C and D. John, Try this SUMPRODUCT formula =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A10="A"),--(MOD(ROW($A$1:$A$10)-CELL("row",$A$1:$A$10),2)= 0)) -- HTH RP "John@finland" <John@finland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E4D03A79-B98B-451F-BA9C-96557B2E39F2@microsoft.com... > I am trying to carry out a countif function in alternate cells. For example > count the num...

Office 2004 SP 11.1.0 installation problems

Direct Push SP requirements
All, What are the minimum requirements for direct push to work properly. I currently run 2 front end servers, 4 gateway servers, and one mailbox server (all Exchange 2003 sp1). Do I have to install SP2 on both front end servers and mailbox server for direct push to work or will just installing sp2 on the front ends enable this functionality. Thanks, Scott Miller you need the Messaging and Security Feature Pack (AKU 2) for windows mobile 5. MOst vendors don't have it out yet. But you will need SP2 all around. "Scott Miller" wrote: > All, > > What are the mi...

Alter build-in properties
Hi, I saw the following thread and thought it can be adopted also for altering the Creation Date of a "Word" Document. I tried to run the suggested commands, in the Immediate window (after replacing ActiveWorkbook with ActiveDocument). Unfortunately, the creation date was not changed - not even with the simple "Excel like" command: ActiveDocument.BuiltinDocumentProperties(11).Value = Date Is there an easy way to alter that date ? http://www.excelforum.com/excel-prog...roperties.html Thanks, Elm -- ElmerS Hi Elmer, Sorry, what works ...