Already logged in message

When logging back into GP from Report Writer, a login screen appears
prompting for the user ID and password.  When you enter the correct ID and
password, an error message pops up saying the user is already logged in.  The
user is then stuck in a loop and can't get logged back in.

I've recently seen this happen at four different customer sites.  Why does
this happen?
0
Elaine (442)

ERROR = "TempMSysAccessObjects" already exist.
Happen when I try compact and repair.PLEASE how I can fix that. Thanks. Create a new database, and import all the valid objects (tables, queries, forms, ...) Steps: 1. Create a new (blank) database. Immediately uncheck the Name AutoCorrect boxes under: Tools | Options | General | Name AutoCorrect In Access 2007, it's: Office Button | Access Options | Current Database | Name AutoCorrect Explanation of why: http://allenbrowne.com/bug-03.html 2. Import the objects from the bad database: File | Get External | Import In Access 2007, click the External Data tab of the rib...

Outlook sending messages slow
Hi, I have just started at a new company using Exchange 2003 with Outlook on about 250 client machines. Everyone is in one building sharing one domain controller, and the one exchange server - database approx 100gb. Now the problem is that when a user sends a message internally and externally, there is a good 30 second delay before it actually leaves the outbox. When in cached mode it will disappear straight away, but you still get that same 30 second delay. There were some disk based performance issues, but it has since been moved to its own raid 10 SAN, and that seems to have gone away. ...

Error message when adding a name
I get the following errors when trying to add a name to a chart using my macro. Code copied directly from recorded macro ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 1").Activate ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).Name = "=A1" run-time error 1004 Application defined or object-defined error. Why is it not working? Thanks Try this instead: ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).Name = _ "=" & Range("a1").Address(external:=True, _ ReferenceStyle:=xlR1C1) Bob Flanagan Macro Systems http://www.add-ins.com Productivity add-ins and downloa...

Meaning of message
When I try to open an excel file created in Excel 97 on a machine running Office 2000, I get the following message: "This workbook contains one or more external data ranges whose column sorting, filtering, and layout changes are no longer being retained. To start retaining these changes, click OK, and then ckick Refresh data on the external Data toolbar." Can anyone tell me what this all means? I am haveing a problem with this worksheet and this may be related. Hi sounds like you have used 'Data - Import - External Data' in this workbook. Maybe the data source is no...

Not able to receive messages from outside in exchange 2003 installtion
HI -- I installed exchange 2003 after our server crashed and I got all the new mail boxes recovered. But we are not able receive incoming emails but out going is fine. Mean time we subscribed to an outside POP3 service. Our MX records points to both outside POP3 IP and internal IP. We have static ip maped to an internal ip in our router. Can any one help with this On 29 Aug 2006 09:04:00 -0700, "MMODUGU" <MMODUGU@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote: >HI -- I installed exchange 2003 after our server crashed and I got all >the new mail boxes recovered. But we are not able receive incomi...

Unable to log into database
We are using the latest version of RMS 1.3 on windows xp pro. However, using the administrator module to connect to via SQL authentication (server is (local) ), does not work. Loging via windows authentication does work. We can create a new database name "homes" from the sql backup while logged into the windows authentication. And we can see "homes" as a database name on the on the "connect to server" screen. However, using the SQL authentication, always fails. We tried with user sa and password blank, but to no avail (also failed for any other user name an...

message tracking #5
Does anyone know if the following is possible -Exchange 5.5 Envrionmen -user 123@blah.com (exchange mailbox) sends to anyone at domain @xy -message automatically sent to recipient at domain @xyz and message also gets routed to recipient whatever@whatever.com (automatically Is it possible to setup this within Exchange 5.5 Steve, You should be able to accomplish this by specifying an alternate recipient on the users mailbox. If the alternate recipient is in another domain, you will first need to set them up as a custom recipient. Thanks -- Jeremiah Waldon Jr. Microsoft PSS Please do not ...

How to start an exe already in memory ?
Hi: If I download an exe into a buffer (array of bytes), is there a way to run this exe directly without first writing the buffer into a disk file and then start the exe using the normal way (CreateProcess etc) ? Thanks Polaris Not that I am aware of. You have to have a file from which the data is loaded, and note that as long as it is executing, the OS may go back to the file to retrieve pages when necessary, or resources. joe On Sun, 23 May 2004 23:30:24 -0700, "Polaris" <etpolaris@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi: > >If I download an exe into a buffer (array of ...

lost inbox and outbox messages
I had some fatal errors going on and I reinstalled MS Office 2000. Unfortunately, my Outlook Express 6.0 folders were "reset" and I lost all my previous emails. Are these old emails buried somewhere on my drives and how do I recover, read or print them? ...

Analyze Log Drive Space Average daily log generation rate
I have Exchange 2007 SP1 on a Windows 2003 server with netapp LUNS for the server storage space and this box has been running processing mail for just over a year. In that time we have added about 50 mailboxes to Exchange. In checking the log drive available space on a daily basis, I have noticed that the Estimated days for Exchange Server to run before exhausting currently available log drive space has been much less then I would hope for. For example: Available Log disk space [GB] is usually between 31 and 34, Logs [GB] are between 0.021 and 0.16, Average daily log generatio...

Exporting and archiving messages from outlook express to another computer
How can I export saved messages from outlook express on one computer to outlook on another computer. The export function doesn't seem to give an option to create a file. Also how can I archive saved messages to a file or CD-R ?? Thanks so much On Fri, 6 May 2005 20:27:03 -0700, "Michael Samsel" <moleman@speakeasy.org> wrote: >How can I export saved messages from outlook express on one computer to >outlook on another computer. The export function doesn't seem to give an >option to create a file. Also how can I archive saved messages to a file or >...

Messages Rules in Outlook 2003
Is there a way to have a rule in Outlook 2003 that prevent downloading a message if it is not addressed to a specific person, like we have with Ooutlook Express 6? In OE6, you can create a rule like this: "Apply this rule after the message arrives Where the To or CC line contains 'myemail@server.com' Do not Download it from the server Can we create the same kind of rule with OE2003? Thanks No, this rule is not available in Outlook -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Ti...

Removing FROM box in new message
When I click on new message, all of a sudden I have a FROM box above my TO box. How do I get rid of this and what is its purpose? ...

automated message returns
How do you setup automated message returns in Outlook and Outlook Express (for things like vacation)? Is it through the program or through the internet provider? Any info would be appreciated! For Outlook, if you are connecting to an Exchange Server you can use the Out of Office Assistant for this purpose. If you're a standalone user, you can spoof the OOA using the Rules Wizard, but Outlook must be kept running in order for the rule to work, and of course the rule will reply to everyone, even spammers. Look here for more information: http://www.slipstick.com/rules/autoreply.htm -- ...

Message remains in Outbox
I have an email stuck in my outbox. I've tried to delete it, forward it, open it... no response... As long as it's in my outbox, I'm unable to send out messages. I've also tried the suggestions in the knowledge base, no luck... Utilizing Outlook 2002... Any suggestions!.. here's the answer to how to fix your stuck or jammed outbox in office outlook 2003. Go to File....New....OUtlook data file.... Choose outlook 97-2002 personal file folder (.pst) Give the file a name, any name will do, I used "repair". On the next screen, give the name of "repair&q...

Scrollbar messages during dragging
I've created the following class: class CMyScrollBar : public CScrollBar { } and I want to do some manipulations during the dragging of the scrollbar. The problem is when I press the button and start moving the scrollbar, no messages are sent to the window. I even override the DefWindowProc function but no message was sent WHILE dragging. When the button is released- the messages are received. I tried to use Spy++ but there it seemed ok. Does someone know how to manipulate while dragging? Regards, Ram. Hello Ram, Thanks for your post! I think you can handle the WM_VSCROLL(WM__HSCROLL...

OWA and "Log On To" Restrictions
Hi Everyone, I guess this is more of a procedural question than anything else. I have a user that I want restricted to one workstation on the domain. After I added that workstation name into the Log On To restriction in her User Account settings, she was not able to log into Outlook Web Access any longer. Should I add the Exchange server name as one of the workstations she is allowed to log into in order to re-enable her access to OWA? Or can I not use the Log On To restriction at all for this user? Any advice would be quite helpful. Thanks!! -Rich why dont you just try it quic...

Large log file
Hello, i have a replicated database (3 GB) with a log file that grown to 38 GB. The recovery Model is simple. DBCC Shrinkfile doesnt works. DBCC OPENTRAN say: Replizierte Transaktionsinformationen: Oldest distributed : (0:0:0) Oldest non-distributed LSN : (297400:25:1) Rich Lawson (nospam@nospam.com) writes: > I have a database which is 2 GB but the log file has grown to 35 GB. I > would like to truncate the log so I set the recovery method to SIMPLE > but the log file did not truncate after last night's backup. If you set the reco...

Restoring Log files
Hi, Last week one of our staff sent some e-mails that they shouldn't have and have deleted then from their sent items and deleted items and we would like to try and get evidence of the e-mail sent. So far I have tried all the normal methods for getting the e-mail back (recovering deleted items, etc). So I then thought that I would-be able to get the message from within the transaction logs, great idea apart from the fact that a full backup is run every night and the log files get cleared down.I am running veritas backup 8.6 on the windows 2000 sbs server. From what I can work out is that...

processing WM_USER message
Hello All, Is it possible to process User defined message (WM_USER + X) in WM_COMMAND message. I am using VC6.0 Dialog base application.. Thanx in advance. Vivek --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.682 / Virus Database: 444 - Release Date: 5/11/2004 >Is it possible to process User defined message (WM_USER + X) in WM_COMMAND >message. You seem to be a little confused. WM_COMMAND is a specific message number, as would be your custom message (I'd recommend you use WM_APP + X). You'd handle your cus...

Record Deleted Error Message
Whenever I try to run a particular DB, I get an error message stating that the record has been deleted. Can anyone tell me what Access is looking for if nothing has been deleted? Thanks If you get this message just by opening a table, it probably indicates a corruption. Try a compact/repair (Database Utilities on the Tools menu.) If that doesn't fix it, see: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-47.html#RowsShowDeleted -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot or...

Duplicate message box
Hi... Can u pls.anybody suggest for my below query..? My query is.... I set Primary key for 4 field together as i need to check duplicate values for these 4 field. When i enter the data into the form, it restricts to enter the duplicate values by giving the below message. "The changes you requested to the table were not successful because they would create duplicate values in the index,primary key, or relationship. Change the data in the field or fields thagt contain duplicate data,remove the index,or redefine the index to permit duplicate entries and try again." But, i ne...

back spacing is deleting what was already typed.
As I type a Document and need to add a word, or phrase by back-spacing Word deletes what was already typed letter by letter on that line. How do I correct the settings? That's what Backspace does on a computer. If you just want to go backward, use the left arrow key. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "TinaMarie" <TinaMarie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4C593814-5824-41EA-9854-7659B2F02217@microsoft.com... > As I type a Document and need to add a word, or ph...

ActiveX message trapping
Hi I have an mfc doc/view app wherein the view conatins a custom child window. This child window further conatins an 3'rd party ActiveX control. I have handled some events such as OnSetCursor, etc in child window. Is there a way to trap messages that goes to ActiveX control, so that I can handle necessary messages (such as OnSetCursor) in child window itself rather than it being handled by ocx. How can this be acheived, is subclassing the only solution ? Thanks in advance Thangaraj A.L. got it ..... KB156051 "PRB: Messages Not Received by Dynamically Created Control" ...

How do you turn off a warning message
How do you turn of a warning message from coming up when an action button is clicked on during a slideshow? PowerPoint 2007 You shouldn't get a warning message. What have you got, "behind" the button? If nothing then perhaps this is why the warning is coming up. Right click on the Action Button (whilst in Normal View) / Edit Hyperlink - make sure that you have set up things correctly in here. If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "bjebuckeye" wrote: > How do you turn of a warning message from coming up when an action ...