Allow more than 1 distribution acct against Bank Mgmt Cash Receipt

Only 1 distribution line available when processing receipts
Transaction>Bank Management>Cash Receipts.

e.g. Cheque received for $2,000 (to be split  $1,000 against one GL acct,
and the other $1,000 against another GL account)
The processing of two receipts is required to allow for correct
distributions. We then have a problem with the bank lodgement form (2 entries
of $1,000 against the same cheque number)

Ideally, more than 1 distribution should be available when processing these
receipts, to elimate uneccessary double keying, and to show correct cheque
values each line on the bank lodgement form.

On occassion, we also have one cheque that requires a portion posted against
a debtor account, and the remainder against a GL account.  These also have to
be processed as per the example above (2 seperate receipts, affecting bank
lodgement form).

We also have the following scenario:
1 cheque received $2000
plus Cash received $38.00 both from the same debtor.

When processing the monies received, the processing of two receipts is
required for one payment, as the payment method is unable to be split against
one receipt.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=aa1ae61e-793c-4c6c-9a59-21b056fcc531&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
Caren (2)

We also have this same problem, were u able to get it resolved.
--
Great Plains Administrator - Australia.

"Caren" wrote:

> Only 1 distribution line available when processing receipts
> Transaction>Bank Management>Cash Receipts.
>
> e.g. Cheque received for $2,000 (to be split  $1,000 against one GL acct,
> and the other $1,000 against another GL account)
> The processing of two receipts is required to allow for correct
> distributions. We then have a problem with the bank lodgement form (2 entries
> of $1,000 against the same cheque number)
>
> Ideally, more than 1 distribution should be available when processing these
> receipts, to elimate uneccessary double keying, and to show correct cheque
> values each line on the bank lodgement form.
>
> On occassion, we also have one cheque that requires a portion posted against
> a debtor account, and the remainder against a GL account.  These also have to
> be processed as per the example above (2 seperate receipts, affecting bank
> lodgement form).
>
> We also have the following scenario:
> 1 cheque received $2000
> plus Cash received $38.00 both from the same debtor.
>
> When processing the monies received, the processing of two receipts is
> required for one payment, as the payment method is unable to be split against
> one receipt.
>

> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=aa1ae61e-793c-4c6c-9a59-21b056fcc531&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
abcrecruit (23)

How to import Excel email list (col) to set up distribution list i
Is there a way to set up a distribution list in Outlook from an Excel file containing a column of email addresses? "Rockman" <Rockman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CCDC656C-8139-4E1B-AE9B-B73661F45118@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to set up a distribution list in Outlook from an Excel file > containing a column of email addresses? Yes, but why? Word has no problem using an Excel file as the source of a mail merge. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] http://www.slipstick.com/Tutorials/create/dl.asp -- Russ Valentine "Rockm...

Entire Active Directory visible when Allowing Users to Edit Ranges
Excel XP on Windows 2000. TS Environment running Citrix. Following Problem: Tools - Protection - Allow user to edit ranges - new - permissions - add. This provides a list of the ENTIRE active directory of the domain. Where is the switch to turn this off or to limit the access? Am I in the right newsgroup even? Any hints will be greatly appreciated. ...

Does Outlook 2003 allow multiple Exchange accounts?
Hi, I was wondering if Microsoft figured out a way to have more than one Exchange accounts in Outlook 2003? I realize that I can have multiple Exchange accounts in Outlook 2002 provided that I set them up as POP3 or IMAP. I'm talking about having multiple pure Exchange accounts w/ calendar and everthing. Thanks, Sam Nope. Only 1 Exchange account is still supported when working against 2 or more sites. -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "Sam" <sam@iqinternet.com> wrote in message news:e1sEVVao...

field service allow setup of cycle charge allowed up to
Field service needs to allow the setup in meter readings to have an amount for each meter reading that is not charged versus just a maximum in the base field. For instance the customer each meter reading gets the first 1000 cycles at no charge and .05 per cycle over the allowance. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsre...

Receipt printer issues
Hi! I am currently migrating from QS 2000 to RMS. Before I go live I need to know if everything works and it does not. I have an Epson TM-T88III printer that works great under quicksell as a text printer. Now, I only have windows or OPOS options under RMS. Since I am running live on Quicksell, the report printer (an Epson Stylus) is connected to LPT1 where the QS dongle is connected as well. I connected the Thermal printer to the other parallell port and nothing. I installed the thermal as a windows printer downloading the drivers from Epson and still nothing. Important to note is that ...

How do I get more than 1 Text Watermark on the page?
Please help me!!!! I need lots of Text Watermarks to appear throughout the page. Noeleen Conlon <Noeleen Conlon@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I need lots of Text Watermarks to appear throughout the page. Copy and paste? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

read only form allows date to change
I have a form that I open in read only that has a calendar popup for the date fields. When I open the form the calendar pop up allows the date to be changed. The rest of the fields are read only. Any suggestions. Thanks Private Sub ViewActivityNote_Click() On Error GoTo Err_ViewActivityNote_Click Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As String stDocName = "FRM - Activity Note" stLinkCriteria = "[activitynoteid]=" & Me![activitynoteid] DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria, acFormReadOnly Exit_ViewActivityNote_Click: Exi...

OE6 not receiving attachment from 1 Outlook sender
I posted this in the OE forum but wanted to cross post here as well. I know different people visit different places and I need all the help I can get: I have 3 OE identities on 2 computers that do not recieve attachments from 1 sender who is using Outlook. Attachments from any other sender are recieved fine. This does not occur with all OE accounts. I use OE and recieve the attachments fine. I've looked at one of the computers (the other is a vendor's) and the "Do not allow attachments...." is NOT checked in the security tab. This "stripping" occurs wit...

How do I link to an Item within a Public Folder in MS Outlook 2000SR-1?
Title says it all. -- Regards. Chris. Remove MAPSON to reply to me directly. This post represents the views of the author and does not necessarily accurately represent the views of BT. ...

NUL characters are not allowed
Hi, We have install the exchange 2003 and we are encountering intermitten problem when sending email to internet (only to a certain email domain other are alright). When that happens, we receive a "NUL characters ar not allowed" error. <mail.anonymous.com #5.5.0 smtp;550 Requested action not taken: NU characters are not allowed.> This error usually happens when we reply to a certain email domain. When this happens, we would retry 2 or 3 times, it usually i successfully after 2 or 3 tries. It only affects a small number of email domain. Other email domain ha no problem. H...

Payroll should allow concurrent builds by different users
In a company that is heavy payroll, all checks are processed in the same day but by different users for different subsets of employees. Allowing concurrent builds would be nice. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolution...

what does whitespace not allowed in this location mean and how do.
i am importing data in csv to excel but it says 'file not loaded- whitespace not allowed in this location' what does that mean? and how do i cahnge it? ...

Allowing pictures to download in Outlook 2002
My boss is using Outlook 2002 and I can't find this setting: Pictures don't download in his emails In 2003 it's under Tools - Options - Security - Change Automatic Download settings. Can anyone help? Thanks! ...

If field value has changed allow an audit
Hi, Some will have objections to what I am doing and call it messy - but anyway. If a field has had its value changed I want to be able to continue with the audit if it has not then - allow the form to close without saving. So I have added the following to the forms beforeUpdate. The two fields that I want to check are numeric Me!Eng_Cost and Me!Ext_Cost I have tried the .Dirty and it is not intended to work here. So Private Sub Form_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) ' Confirm with user that this record is to be modified Dim updRecord As Byte updRecord = MsgBox(...

Allow multiple Select
Also, I'm having problems working with multiple select from CFileDialog. I have trouble accessing the files. I can't quite understand what itmeans by: "replacing m_ofn.lpstrFile with a pointer to a buffer you have allocated" thanks for your help CFileDialog dlg TCHAR szFiles[1000]; dlg.m_ofn.lpstrFile = &szFiles "Henry" <abshhkc@bath.ac.uk> wrote in message news:Hrr8B9.513@bath.ac.uk... > Also, I'm having problems working with multiple select from CFileDialog. > > I have trouble accessing the files. I can't quite understand what it...

Troubleshooting a PDF conversion from Word-Mac 2008 (version 12.1.1)
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) I need to save a 51-page Word document as PDF. The result is always 2 consecutive PDF files - one 28-page file and one 23-page file. What's wrong? Yep, not an uncommon issue. See here for details and options: http://www.word.mvps.org/mac/MultiplePDFs.html Moir@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) > > I need to save a 51-page Word document as PDF. The result is always 2 consecutive PDF files - one 28-page file and one 23-page file. What's wrong? > ...

why 2 'sent items' folders when 1 isn't used?
Whenever I send an email a copy is stored in the sent items folders of my default account. I would prefer to have it saved in the sent items folder of my storage folders, but can't find any way to make that happen. Why have that second folder if it is not used? Mail accounts use the Sent Items folder within the account folder. Newsgroup messages use the Storage folders/Sent Items folder - ie..the second folder is used. -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "corystes" <corystes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0374B5A-7A93-40CF-939C-921E5...

Don't allow checks in Payroll to be dated back to a closed year.
Clients occationally enter a check date in error there are not errors or warnings to provent them from posting the check back to the closed year. There are safeguards for Financial to keep it from posting to the GL, but not payroll. Luckily the client can remove the 2004 year end file, void the checks and then re-create the year end file. We would like to see some prevention in this area. You have marked the periods in the prior year closed for the Payroll module? "JJONES from InterDyn-Artis" <JJONES from InterDyn-Artis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Upgrading CRM 1.0 to 1.2
Hello! I'm having a heck of a time upgrading from v1.0 to v1.2. I put the cd in and run setup...it comes back after a few seconds with the following error: "The specified SQL Server must be running Microsoft SQL Server version 2000 SP3 or later" It is. And I reinstalled SQLSP3 on the SQL server just to make sure. No dice. It still errors out. Any thoughts or experience like thiw with upgrades to an existing CRM 1.0 installation? Thanks! Craig Bell ...

Bank Password problems
When I go and update my bank account I can only update once before Money 2005 asks me to change my password. For example, I update my account to get my most recent infromation then, I set up a few bills to pay. When I try and send the payment my password is no longer saved and has to be changed. I spoke with my Bank, Comerica, and they tell me it is a microsoft problem. I have only experienced this problem since updating to 2005 from 2003. Any ideas on how to correct this problem? Thanks, Yank I'm experiencing this exact problem, but on Money 2006. It's maddening. It wo...

how to enable Allow Sales Documents Commitments
Hello, is there a way to always have the Allow Sales Documents Commitments checkbox automatically checked when creating a PO? If one forgets to check it, then from the SOP side you can't link to that PO. Thanks hd With your Sales Trx Entry window open, before entering any line items go up to extras>>options>>drop ship item. As you enter items it will check the box. This is about as automatic as it gets as far as I know. This would apply to all GP versions 9 and prior. I'm not sure about version 10. In the past I noticed somewhat of a bug with that c...

CRM 1.2 and SQL Server 2005
Hi, We are considering an upgrade from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005. As part of my evaluation process, I'm trying to find out if SQL Server 2005 is compatible with CRM 1.2. I've been trying to Google this question, but I can't seem to find an answer. Does anybody know if this combination would work, or any issues that we might have to watch out for? Thanks for any help that you can give. Regards, --John Remember, the early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese. It is not supported. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "John Rosenlof&qu...

question about distribution groups
Hello, Say you have a distribution group in exchange 2000 with 5 user mailboxes. If someone sent an email to the distribution group with a 5mb attachment, do all the mailboxes increase by 5mb, or is their only 1 copy of the email attachment kept in the exchange database, and pointers are created for each mailbox? As long as they are on the same database, then single instance storage applies. -- David Wilhoit [Exchange MVP] "Adam" <adepaolis@gmail.com> wrote in message news:97c541cb.0501311153.553599ba@posting.google.com... > Hello, > > Say you have a distribut...

Allow purchase orders to update supplier reorder numbers
Allow for updating of supplier part #’s (aka reorder #’s) when placing and receiving a purchase order. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=a8a08d29-f4cb-44cc-89...

RMS 1.2 cannot launch Headquarters
I have just inherited a client that is running Headqaurters at a single location. They used to have 3 stores, but 2 were closed. Their previous "IT" guy deleted and uninstalled a lot of software from the server, but will not admit to removing anything related to RMS and will not say what he deleted/uninstalled. We are receiving an "Active X" error message (419, I believe) when we try to launch Headquarters. They don't have the headquarters CDs or the RMS CD, but I can get the RMS CD from another client. I am thinking of approaching this in one of 2 ways: A- Convert t...