Allocating Tips in Payroll

In one of the forums, someone asked me several questions regarding tip
allocation using GP Payroll.  I posted an article to my blog that goes
through the entire calculation, but now I cannot find the thread where the
question was posed.

So, if you are still out there. . . the article was posted to :
http://dynamicsconfessions.blogspot.com/2010/03/allocating-tips-in-payroll-how-and-why.html

Kind regards,

Leslie

memory allocation?
Hello, I need to create a buffer which size varies from 10MB->80MB. The data, which is used to fill the buffer, is read in chunks of (max.) 64KB. I like to do the following: struct BUFFERS { LPVOID lpBuffer; HANDLE BufferHandle; // to synchronize buffer DWORD dwBytes; }; and dynamically allocate structs for each 64KB Buffer until I reach the requested size, BUFFERS *p; p = new BUFFERS[640]; // ((40MB*1024KB)/64KB)=640 and then use GlobalAlloc() for each allocated struct, lpBuffer=GlobalAlloc(GPTR,64*1024); But is this the best way to use memory in an efficient way? Should I ...

Pay Period From/To dates on Payroll check voids
When a payroll transaction is entered or a build is processed, pay period from and to dates are entered. These dates are stored as 'trxbegdt' and' trxenddt' on UPR30300. However, when a check is voided, the 'trxbegdt' and trxenddt' on the UPR30300 table holds the actual check void date and not the original pay period from and to dates. SmartList Builder, Crystal Reports and Excel data query tools can be used to pull data based on the pay period date ranges for performance based reporting, but voids cause inconsistencies in the analysis since the dates are ...

automatically copying data from one sheet to another, depending on which drop-down code is allocated
I have a sheet where I list each item of my business outgoings. Column C lists the amount spent. In Column D I allocate a code from a drop-down list, to allocate that item of expenditure against a particular cost centre. I have thirty cost centres. So once the code is allocated, I can filter the list to see all items for any particular cost centre. But what I really want is this: I have created a separate sheet in the workbook, with all the cost centres as column headings. I'd like each amount to be automatically copied to the cost centre sheet, and placed in the correct column,...

Looking for tips for installing CRM 4 on W2K8 and SQL 2K8
I am going to upgrade CRM (from 3 to 4) with the following tasks: Move CRM 3.0 (Small Business Edition) from SBS to a separate box with Windows 2008 and SQL Server 2008. While the rest of the things should be alright, I have not yet installed CRM 4 on Windows 2008 and SQL Server 2008. Does anyone have any tips for installing CRM 4 on W2K8 snd SQL 2K8? Best regards, Badri On Mar 22, 9:48=A0am, badri1...@gmail.com wrote: > I am going to upgrade CRM (from 3 to 4) with the following tasks: > > Move CRM 3.0 (Small Business Edition) from SBS to a separate box with > Windows 2008 and ...

processor time allocation
My app routinely only gets 10 to 30 % of CPU time - the system idle process gets the rest (indicated by windows task manager) My app is multithreaded and has one thread that requires lots of CPU time at 20 Hz intervals. I sleep this thread for an amount of time that would put it at the next 20 Hz interval. My other threads sleep when they are not busy. My 20 Hz thread does not recieve the processor time that it needs - even though the system idle process is taking up 70 to 90 % of the CPU time. If I remove the sleep call from my 20 Hz thread then it hogs all of the CPU time and the s...

Allocated TIPS
Can anyone explain to me how to set this up? What pay code to set up? etc? All I can find is "mark in payroll setup to allocate tips" but it doesn't explain how to actually do the allocation, I found an explanation of how GP makes the calculations, but not how to start the process in GP. I've looked in knowledgebase as well as the online manuals-all I can find is one small paragraph-it doesn't even tell you how to set up the paycode. I would set it up like reported tips with a different code and calculate myself (which I want to do anyhow), but I can't fig...

Tip on changing Passport accounts to get around bug
I hit a bug in Money that someone may benefit from. I have a single Money file and changed my email account, which changed my Passport. I could successfully change the Passport stored in the Money file, but when I exited and restarted Money, the default email address was the original. I mucked around in the registry without success. But what worked was to start Money, exit (allowing a backup to be created), then deleting the original Money file and restarting Money. It noticed the file was missing, and offered to backup. Letting that happen and entering the correct Passport info allowed the l...

please say the tips for socket programming
hi, i have changed my code like this: sender: ******** //Method for checking any errors to establish connection int Sender::SetAddress(void) { GetAddress(); //connect to the address specified with the socket and check if any error int returnValue=connect(mySocket,(struct sockaddr *)&serverAddress,sizeof(serverAddress)); if(returnValue== INVALID_SOCKET) { returnValue = WSAGetLastError(); cout<<endl<<"Error in Connecting"; CloseSocket(); return 1; } else cout<<endl<<"The connection is ready for communication"; return returnV...

Certified Payroll #2
I'm searching for GP add-on for certified payroll. Does anyone know of an ISV that provides that functionality and can make a recommendation? Thanks Im not sure but try Greenshades. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Kathy" wrote: > I'm searching for GP add-on for certified payroll. Does anyone know of an > ISV that provides that functionality and can make a recommendation? > Thanks Wennsoft has a...

% of allocation
Hi, I have added a task from 1-Feb to 1-Apr. Initially I allocated 100% of a resource for the task. Later I changed the allocation to 25%. After changing the %, the end date automatically changed. Is there aby ways to change the % of allocation without changing the start date and end date? Thanks! This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002D_01CAC825.C8A433F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Maanu, Welcome to this Microsoft Project newsgroup :) Yes! Make the T...

Stop Payroll Payments for Inactive Employees
Is it possible to stop payments for inactive payroll employees? Even if time is still entered for them under quick transaction entry? If the employee is inactive, you need to delete any transactions. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Adam" wrote: > Is it possible to stop payments for inactive payroll employees? Even if time > is still entered for them under quick transaction entry? Maybe I was a little unclear. I have a large number of employees marked as inactive (i.e. they quit, etc). Some of these employees have returned to the company and time/pay has been input for th...

Allocation rules
In Great Plains, you can allocate based on requested ship date or customer priority provided you have advanced distribution module. We would like to have additional allocation rules as well, for example do not ship a line if it is below 90% fulfilled etc. Are there any third party products out there which will provide more allocation rules for allocating at sales order level. Trinity Computer Services (http://www.trinitycomputers.co.uk) sold advanced distribution to Microsoft. They may have some additional offerings for allocations. -- Jim@TurboChef "Stacey" wrote: >...

Tips and tutorials needed
Hi. I've posted a couple of times already in the past couple of days, so accept my apologies for bugging you if you've seen my request already, but I'm putting together a blog or Excel tips, tricks and tutorials and need some more input. The site is http://teachr.blogspot.com . If you have any tutorials of your own on Excel then please email your ideas or your tutorials to me at mattyboy150279@gmail.com and I'll consider adding them. Also if you have any ideas for tutorials that would be good on the site, please also drop me a line or respond to this topic. Ideas include:- ...

HR and Payroll Link
Have a client that accidentally linked already created Payroll Deductions to wrong HR Benefit Type after they ran Update Benefit Reconcile. Is there any way to "unlink" HR and Payroll and recreate the incompletes? Ed ...

Payroll Local Wage Report
We need the ability to print a Local Wage and Tax report, similar the State Wage and Hour report, that includes employee name. local wages and local tax amounts. We can print a Local Tax Listing report but that does not include the wages. Is there an existing report that can be modified to accomplish this for customers that do not have Crystal Reports? ...

Current Asset Allocations vs Asset Allocation Report
Why would the above values be different within MS money? For instance there can be a 2% difference between my cash/money market or any other asset category between these two functions. Which should I believe when I reallocate within my investment accounts? Another peculiar twist is when I determine an asset class for a particular stock for instance HEADWATERS CO Small Cap, MS Money will revert it back to the orginial class. Any way to keep in the class (small cap or mid cap, etc) ? ...

template for printing payroll checks
Is there an free template I can download, run in Office 2008 in order to print payroll checks that reflect withholdings/gross/net etc? "Searching" <Searching@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F11B362-4900-401D-94AA-1770E75EB463@microsoft.com... > Is there an free template I can download, run in Office 2008 in order to > print payroll checks that reflect withholdings/gross/net etc? Office 2008 is a MAC program and you have found your way into an Office for PC newsgroup. You may have better luck by asking in a MAC specific newsgroup such ...

Income tax applicable (Canadian payroll)
Actually, if we put an income or benefit paycode to Income tax applicable at NO (same for Quebec tax) the T4/R1 does not get update with those amounts. Some exceptions required that we put those setup to NO and T4/R1 still need to be updated by those amounts. Ex. Presence counter, profit sharing payable in a RRSP... I have been handling some setup at customers that required this setup. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the messag...

Allocate funds for annual expenses
If I create an expense in my budget that is "yearly" for say, $1200. Money automatically translates that into $100 per month on my monthly budget. At first, I thought, that's cool, now I can make sure to earmark $100 every month so I actually have the $1200 sitting there when its due. But, as far as I can tell, Money doesn't have a way to earmark that $100 that month. In fact, if I don't spend that $100 on that budget category, Money tells me that I have underspent that category for the month. Then, when I pay the $1200 bill, it tells me that that I have overspent by ...

Allocating a value to text
I have a to work out a rota. A night shift is put down as an N and is 15 hours long. Day Shift D 10 hours long and L 5 hours long. I need to work out peoples hours. I don't know how to get excel to allocate a value to N, D & L so it can do a sum. FOR EXAMPLE: (I need a sum of hours worked in column H) A B C D E F G H 1 N N N Off Off Off 2 L L L D D Off 3 D D D Off Off Off 4 5 6 7 8 9 Many thanks Steve (A poor over worked Nurse!) Try this: =(COUNTIF(A1:E1,"n")*15)+(COUNTIF(A1:E1,"d")*10)+(COUNTIF(A1:E1,"...

Tips on setting up support/helpdesk routine
Hi, We've just rolled out Exchange 2003 SP1 and are now looking into how to handle support/helpdesk mail. We have set up one mailbox called Support and the right people can now access this and also send on behalf of this user. The remaining questions are now: - When sending/replying from this mailbox the mail still end up in the actual user's "Sent items" folder. We would like this to end up in the support mailbox so people can see what's going on. Can this be configured? Can I setup central server side rules for this? - How do you handle ownership i.e. how does ...

Allocation Conflict
Hello, I have a DLL A that is called by DLL B. DLL A allocates memory and allows DLL B to reference it. When DLL B is finished, it tells DLL A to release the memory. However, when I run this in Boundschecker it says there is an allocation conflict. Memory was allocated in module MFC42D.DLL and freed in my DLL. Funny thing is, I call new in my DLL so why can't I call delete and delete [] where appropriate? Thanks, Could be that BoundsChecker is just confused. Are you getting memory leaks or access violations? Or, is this just an informational message? It shouldn't mat...

Payroll Product Suggestion
If anyone wants to improve GP's payroll reconcile function which doesn't work right, please vote for the product suggestion 369961. In particular the payroll summary (UPR30301) table not updating correctly without SQL queries. Last I heard Microsoft operates by the number of votes a product suggestion gets.....more than 10 and it will get looked more quickly and changed sooner. KB article 874131 says reconcile will update the UPR30301 table by simply running reconcile. It doesn't unless you delete records in the UPR30301 table. Only way to do that is throught SQL. ...

allocation exercises
Dear All, I am working for a education organisation. I want to create a database to store applications, and services allocated to these applicants in separated tables, and all other related information. I store the application in one table, and when allocate services to that applicant, a new entry will be add to the "services" table. But how could I "allocate" the servces faster, as there maybe over a thousand application and services? I mean I don't want to copy some information of application to the "services" table one by one by hand, and if possib...

Any good tips on SPAM prevention?
Ya, don't connect your mail server to the Internet... Sorry, but it's a constant uphill battle and it doesn't much matter what you do, you can't really "prevent" it, you can only try your best through various software or services to try to contain it... Always more words than help ;-) JeffG On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 12:54:04 GMT, "Joseph Mouhanna" <josephmo@hotmail.com> wrote: > The most key prevention step is to safe guard your email addresses. There are many ways how email addresses can end-up in the hands of spammers so companies are now ado...