All or multiple invoices by entering invoice range

I'm running Great Plains 8.0 and have a user that would like the ability to
print multiple invoices from one screen.  Currently they do the following:
*Click on Inquiry menu item
*Sales and then Transaction by Customer

This displays the "Receivables Transaction Inquiry form - Customer".  The GP
user is entering the customer ID and choosing to view all open invoices.
This displays a somewhat rather long list sometimes and she needs to open
each one of the invoices to be able to print them.  Is there an easier way
to print multiple invoices than to open each one individually and then
choose print?  I'm fairly new to Great Plains so I'm not sure if this
requires major modifications or a somewhat simple change.

0
legendsfan (21)

One option is to use Crystal Report and print all or selected invoices as
desired.

"Colin" wrote:

> I'm running Great Plains 8.0 and have a user that would like the ability to
> print multiple invoices from one screen.  Currently they do the following:
> *Click on Inquiry menu item
> *Sales and then Transaction by Customer
>
> This displays the "Receivables Transaction Inquiry form - Customer".  The GP
> user is entering the customer ID and choosing to view all open invoices.
> This displays a somewhat rather long list sometimes and she needs to open
> each one of the invoices to be able to print them.  Is there an easier way
> to print multiple invoices than to open each one individually and then
> choose print?  I'm fairly new to Great Plains so I'm not sure if this
> requires major modifications or a somewhat simple change.

0
Shariq (273)
2/6/2006 9:34:49 PM
There is really no way to do this within GP without a customization.  If
you're using Crystal reports for invoices, that makes it much easier.

--
Victoria Yudin
GP MVP

"Colin" <legendsfan@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
> I'm running Great Plains 8.0 and have a user that would like the ability
> to print multiple invoices from one screen.  Currently they do the
> following:
> *Click on Inquiry menu item
> *Sales and then Transaction by Customer
>
> This displays the "Receivables Transaction Inquiry form - Customer".  The
> GP user is entering the customer ID and choosing to view all open
> invoices. This displays a somewhat rather long list sometimes and she
> needs to open each one of the invoices to be able to print them.  Is there
> an easier way to print multiple invoices than to open each one
> individually and then choose print?  I'm fairly new to Great Plains so I'm
> not sure if this requires major modifications or a somewhat simple change.

0
victoria (3340)
2/6/2006 9:40:11 PM
We aren't using Crystal Reports even though I think we had purchased
licensing.  Would it be easy for me to do this in Crystal Reports?  I
haven't ever used it, but have just started using SQL Reporting Services a
little bit.

"Victoria [MVP]" <victoria@flex-solutions.com> wrote in message
> There is really no way to do this within GP without a customization.  If
> you're using Crystal reports for invoices, that makes it much easier.
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> GP MVP
>

> "Colin" <legendsfan@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
>> I'm running Great Plains 8.0 and have a user that would like the ability
>> to print multiple invoices from one screen.  Currently they do the
>> following:
>> *Click on Inquiry menu item
>> *Sales and then Transaction by Customer
>>
>> This displays the "Receivables Transaction Inquiry form - Customer".  The
>> GP user is entering the customer ID and choosing to view all open
>> invoices. This displays a somewhat rather long list sometimes and she
>> needs to open each one of the invoices to be able to print them.  Is
>> there an easier way to print multiple invoices than to open each one
>> individually and then choose print?  I'm fairly new to Great Plains so
>> I'm not sure if this requires major modifications or a somewhat simple
>> change.

0
legendsfan (21)
2/6/2006 9:51:23 PM
If this is part of the collections process I would strongly recommend the
Collections Management module.  It allows you to print multiple invoices and
provides additional functionality that facilitates the collections process.

"Colin" wrote:

> I'm running Great Plains 8.0 and have a user that would like the ability to
> print multiple invoices from one screen.  Currently they do the following:
> *Click on Inquiry menu item
> *Sales and then Transaction by Customer
>
> This displays the "Receivables Transaction Inquiry form - Customer".  The GP
> user is entering the customer ID and choosing to view all open invoices.
> This displays a somewhat rather long list sometimes and she needs to open
> each one of the invoices to be able to print them.  Is there an easier way
> to print multiple invoices than to open each one individually and then
> choose print?  I'm fairly new to Great Plains so I'm not sure if this
> requires major modifications or a somewhat simple change.

0
SteveChapman (349)
2/6/2006 10:10:28 PM
Colin,
If you are interested in getting this done in Crystal then post your email
address and I will help you get this in CR XI.

"Colin" wrote:

> We aren't using Crystal Reports even though I think we had purchased
> licensing.  Would it be easy for me to do this in Crystal Reports?  I
> haven't ever used it, but have just started using SQL Reporting Services a
> little bit.
>

> "Victoria [MVP]" <victoria@flex-solutions.com> wrote in message
> > There is really no way to do this within GP without a customization.  If
> > you're using Crystal reports for invoices, that makes it much easier.
> >
> > --
> > Victoria Yudin
> > GP MVP
> >

> > "Colin" <legendsfan@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
> >> I'm running Great Plains 8.0 and have a user that would like the ability
> >> to print multiple invoices from one screen.  Currently they do the
> >> following:
> >> *Click on Inquiry menu item
> >> *Sales and then Transaction by Customer
> >>
> >> This displays the "Receivables Transaction Inquiry form - Customer".  The
> >> GP user is entering the customer ID and choosing to view all open
> >> invoices. This displays a somewhat rather long list sometimes and she
> >> needs to open each one of the invoices to be able to print them.  Is
> >> there an easier way to print multiple invoices than to open each one
> >> individually and then choose print?  I'm fairly new to Great Plains so
> >> I'm not sure if this requires major modifications or a somewhat simple
> >> change.

0
Shariq (273)
2/6/2006 10:31:21 PM
Colin,
If you are interested in getting this done in Crysatal then post your email
address and I will help you get this done in CR X1.

"Colin" wrote:

> We aren't using Crystal Reports even though I think we had purchased
> licensing.  Would it be easy for me to do this in Crystal Reports?  I
> haven't ever used it, but have just started using SQL Reporting Services a
> little bit.
>

> "Victoria [MVP]" <victoria@flex-solutions.com> wrote in message
> > There is really no way to do this within GP without a customization.  If
> > you're using Crystal reports for invoices, that makes it much easier.
> >
> > --
> > Victoria Yudin
> > GP MVP
> >

> > "Colin" <legendsfan@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
> >> I'm running Great Plains 8.0 and have a user that would like the ability
> >> to print multiple invoices from one screen.  Currently they do the
> >> following:
> >> *Click on Inquiry menu item
> >> *Sales and then Transaction by Customer
> >>
> >> This displays the "Receivables Transaction Inquiry form - Customer".  The
> >> GP user is entering the customer ID and choosing to view all open
> >> invoices. This displays a somewhat rather long list sometimes and she
> >> needs to open each one of the invoices to be able to print them.  Is
> >> there an easier way to print multiple invoices than to open each one
> >> individually and then choose print?  I'm fairly new to Great Plains so
> >> I'm not sure if this requires major modifications or a somewhat simple
> >> change.

0
Shariq (273)
2/6/2006 10:31:24 PM
I clicked on Help and then options and it looks like we have the Collections
Management module registered, but it doesn't look like anybody in accounting
has used any of it's functionality yet.  What are the steps to print
multiple invoices in the Collections Mgmt module?
"Steve Chapman" <SteveChapman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If this is part of the collections process I would strongly recommend the
> Collections Management module.  It allows you to print multiple invoices
> and
> provides additional functionality that facilitates the collections
> process.
>

> "Colin" wrote:
>
>> I'm running Great Plains 8.0 and have a user that would like the ability
>> print multiple invoices from one screen.  Currently they do the
>> following:
>> *Click on Inquiry menu item
>> *Sales and then Transaction by Customer
>>
>> This displays the "Receivables Transaction Inquiry form - Customer".  The
>> GP
>> user is entering the customer ID and choosing to view all open invoices.
>> This displays a somewhat rather long list sometimes and she needs to open
>> each one of the invoices to be able to print them.  Is there an easier
>> way
>> to print multiple invoices than to open each one individually and then
>> choose print?  I'm fairly new to Great Plains so I'm not sure if this
>> requires major modifications or a somewhat simple change.

0
legendsfan (21)
2/6/2006 11:09:03 PM
I was able to find documentation for the Collections Management module and
found where I can print multiple invoices.  Thanks to everybody for helping
me here.

Steve - How do I select a range of invoices from a specific customer.  I
went to the following screen
Transactions >> Sales >> Collection Main >> Print Button

Then selected customer but when I tried to customize query I didn't find a
place to select range for invoices.
>I clicked on Help and then options and it looks like we have the
>Collections Management module registered, but it doesn't look like anybody
>in accounting has used any of it's functionality yet.  What are the steps
>to print multiple invoices in the Collections Mgmt module?
> "Steve Chapman" <SteveChapman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> If this is part of the collections process I would strongly recommend the
>> Collections Management module.  It allows you to print multiple invoices
>> and
>> provides additional functionality that facilitates the collections
>> process.
>>

>> "Colin" wrote:
>>
>>> I'm running Great Plains 8.0 and have a user that would like the ability
>>> print multiple invoices from one screen.  Currently they do the
>>> following:
>>> *Click on Inquiry menu item
>>> *Sales and then Transaction by Customer
>>>
>>> This displays the "Receivables Transaction Inquiry form - Customer".
>>> The GP
>>> user is entering the customer ID and choosing to view all open invoices.
>>> This displays a somewhat rather long list sometimes and she needs to
>>> open
>>> each one of the invoices to be able to print them.  Is there an easier
>>> way
>>> to print multiple invoices than to open each one individually and then
>>> choose print?  I'm fairly new to Great Plains so I'm not sure if this
>>> requires major modifications or a somewhat simple change.

0
legendsfan (21)
2/6/2006 11:56:35 PM
Colin,

When you're in Collections Main and have a customer selected that has open
invoices, click the Print button, choose Print Invoices on the bottom, then
click Select Invoices - it will give you a list of the ones you can print
from.  Only thing is, it prints them one at a time - so, for example, if
you're printing to the screen, only one invoice will come up, you need to
close it to have the next one come up.

Hope that helps,
--

>I was able to find documentation for the Collections Management module and
>found where I can print multiple invoices.  Thanks to everybody for helping
>me here.
>
> Steve - How do I select a range of invoices from a specific customer.  I
> went to the following screen
> Transactions >> Sales >> Collection Main >> Print Button
>
> Then selected customer but when I tried to customize query I didn't find a
> place to select range for invoices.
> "Colin" <legendsfan@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
>>I clicked on Help and then options and it looks like we have the
>>Collections Management module registered, but it doesn't look like anybody
>>in accounting has used any of it's functionality yet.  What are the steps
>>to print multiple invoices in the Collections Mgmt module?
>> "Steve Chapman" <SteveChapman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> If this is part of the collections process I would strongly recommend
>>> the
>>> Collections Management module.  It allows you to print multiple invoices
>>> and
>>> provides additional functionality that facilitates the collections
>>> process.

0
victoria (3340)
2/7/2006 1:41:47 PM
Steve,

Great idea!  I forgot about that functionality in Collections Mgmt.

--
Victoria Yudin
GP MVP

"Steve Chapman" <SteveChapman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If this is part of the collections process I would strongly recommend the
> Collections Management module.  It allows you to print multiple invoices
> and
> provides additional functionality that facilitates the collections
> process.
>

> "Colin" wrote:
>
>> I'm running Great Plains 8.0 and have a user that would like the ability
>> print multiple invoices from one screen.  Currently they do the
>> following:
>> *Click on Inquiry menu item
>> *Sales and then Transaction by Customer
>>
>> This displays the "Receivables Transaction Inquiry form - Customer".  The
>> GP
>> user is entering the customer ID and choosing to view all open invoices.
>> This displays a somewhat rather long list sometimes and she needs to open
>> each one of the invoices to be able to print them.  Is there an easier
>> way
>> to print multiple invoices than to open each one individually and then
>> choose print?  I'm fairly new to Great Plains so I'm not sure if this
>> requires major modifications or a somewhat simple change.

0
victoria (3340)

Removing multiple hyperlinks

Create a list with multiple criteria

Charting multiple multiples

distributing data into multiple cells

Single click selects multiple cells

Sending to multiple addresses

Exchange 2000 Distribution Lists

multiple selection

Can Money 2004 Small Business do Recurring Invoices?
Hi folks, I was curious whether anyone who's currently using Money 2004 Small Business knows whether it is capable of doing Recurring Invoices? In other words, enter the details of the invoice, save it in a "recurring invoices" list and go back to that list to generate a new, identical invoice the next month without putting all of the detail in. Any insight on this aspect of Money 2040 Small Business would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. - Jeff >-----Original Message----- >Hi folks, > >I was curious whether anyone who's currently using Mo...

Entering Items in the POS System
I have a concern with the POS module in RMS. I currently have Cashiers set up with minimal access rights for security reasons. The problem is, even when I log in with the limited cashier login and i scan in an item, if I click on the minus button on the num lock pad it opens the return screen. Even If I set the security to disable every button on the Return Reason Code screen, the ESC button or closing the window creates a negative value. This creates serious security issues for my company since it allows cashiers to perform Supervisor functions. Any ideas on how to work around this? ...

enter time into file for a time sheet
how can I enter the time automatically into a cell. perhaps a macro. hilte the cell and hit your macro or enter? I want to round the time to the nearest 1/4 hour. I also want to be able to override the automatic function The quick way to enter current time is Ctrl plus the colon (date is Ctrl plus semi-colon) but this doesn't round to the nearest 15 minutes. I think there is an add-in that would do that as a worksheet function. Here is a subroutine that might do what you want: Sub RndToQtrHr() Dim currMin As Long Dim M As Long Dim plusHour As Boolean currMin = Minute(Time) plusHour = ...

Multiple domains #6

Combine multiple tables into one

Data Validation with named ranges
Hello, I have a wierd problem: in a planning module it should be possible to choose the correct product in a validated list. There is a matrix that shows only those articles that can be planned on a specific machines. Now when the possible values are mentioned in a fixed range [Art_CA0003 refers to =ArtikelPerMach!$C$2:$C$40], it works fine. However when I use a dynamic range [Art_CA0001 refers to = =OFFSET(ArtikelPerMach!$A $2;0;0;COUNTA(CA0001_);1)] it fails, allthough the range is shown as it should under insert>name>define. Hope my explanation makes sense. If requested I can send o...

Finding Data in multiple worksheets
Using Excel 2000, how can I find data in multiple worksheets; example: any number between 200 & 299 in 32 worksheets? If you mean you want to find a single number across 32 worksheets, group your worksheets (click on the first, ctrl-click on subsequent (or even shift-click)). Then Edit|Find But I think I'd use Jan Karel Pieterse's FlexFind: http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/ If you meant you wanted to find all 100 numbers (200-299) in all 32 sheets, then I think I'd have a macro search for each number and report the results on a new worksheet. "mark@southwestconst.com&quo...

show multiple values that add to total in bar graph
Is there a way to show multiple values in a single bar (in a bar graph) that add up to a total (example: 127, 129, 87, 85, 60, 126, 89 add up to 703)? I want a sigle bar that goes to 703 but breaks the single bar down into these segments (preferrably by color showing the smaller segment amounts within the color. HELP!!!! Thanks! Hi, Is that not what the stacked column chart does? Cheers Andy Green Goose 89 wrote: > Is there a way to show multiple values in a single bar (in a bar graph) that > add up to a total (example: 127, 129, 87, 85, 60, 126, 89 add up to 703)? I > want...

IIF / OR
I want the OnPrint of a report to check three fields and run code if any ONE of the conditions is met: Iif ([MyTextOne]=1 OR [MyTextTwo]=2 OR [MyTextThree]=3) Then RunSomeCode Else RunOtherCode I thought of using Select Case and calling procedures as each condition is met: Select Case Me![MyTextOne] Case is = 1 Call Check2 Case else Stop End Select Check2 () Select Case Me![MyTextTwo] Case is = 2 Call Check3 Case else Stop End select Check3 () and so on......... It will work, but gets a bit too long as the test conditions increase. It gets just as long with nested select case or nest...

Localization with multiple string tables
The application has two string tables one for English and the other for Japanese. The IDs and Values are the same but only the captions are different. It seems that CString::LoadString does not load from the correct string table when i choose japanese from my regional settings on the control panel instead it loads english all the time. Is there any settings or configuration that i missed? Need ur help gurus >The application has two string tables one for English and the other >for Japanese. The IDs and Values are the same but only the captions >are different. It seems that CString::L...

Mailing an excel range in the body of an e-mail
Dear All, I am using a piece of code I located on Ron de Bruins excellent site that allows for a range in excel to be mailed within the body of an outlook message. The code works beautifully but does not return any value for the ComboBoxes I have within the range. Is it possible for these to be visible as well in the e-mail message? I am including the code for reference. Sub Mail_Selection_Outlook_Body2() ' You must add a reference to the Microsoft outlook Library ' Don't forget to copy the function RangetoHTML2 in the module. ' Is not working in Office 97 Dim sour...

Multiple Query questions
I'm trying to query a database of beach rentals and need a query with more than 2 bedrooms, that rents for less than 1,000. When i put both criteria in, it only registers one of them. I also need to create a query for the highest and lowest weekly rate but when I select Min or Max or doesn't show me anything. Show us the SQL. Open the query in design view. Next go to View, SQL View and copy and past it here. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "Jackie" wrote: > I'm trying...