age-based life insurance

Hello:

There's not way for the GP HR Life Insurance Setup window to calculate
age-based insurance as of January 1 instead of by a person's age, is there?

Thanks!

childofthe1980s

I would like to know this too.

TD

"childothe1980s" wrote:

> Hello:
>
> There's not way for the GP HR Life Insurance Setup window to calculate
> age-based insurance as of January 1 instead of by a person's age, is there?
>
> Thanks!
>
> childofthe1980s
0
D (176)

Age Formula
Hi all, I need to compute ages (as of 6-1-04) from dates of birth on a speadsheet I'm working on. I have NO idea where to start on that. Help please? Thanks in advance! Trish try this =DATEDIF(C6,"6/10/04","Y") -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Trish" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1a55a01c44e51$e25e60d0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > I need to compute ages (as of 6-1-04) from dates of birth > on a speadsheet I'm working on. I have NO idea where to > start on that. Help please? &...

aging report
I have a cell with a number in it and i want to put that number in another column based on number in that column. days 1-10 days 11-20 days 21-30 days > 30 days a1: 10 I want the number to show up in the corresponding column and put a zero in the other columns. I have a formula for the 1-10 days and the >30 days, but i need some help with a formula for the 11-20 and 21-30 days. thanks For the 11-20 days column, you could use a formula like: =IF(AND($A2>=11,$A2<=20),$A2,0) Then, copy the formula to the 21-30 days column, and adjust the 1...

MSExcel has taken on life of its own
This is a follow-up to my previous message with additional information. I have an urgent problem! All of a sudden, when I opened MSExcel 2000, it tried to open many, many files, one right after the other, without regard to the file format. It also kept giving a "format is not valid" message with every document. I am running Windows 2000 and Microsoft Office 2000 Small Business (version 9.0.3822) on a Dell Dimension 8100 with lots of RAM and lots of conventional memory. This computer is not networked. My firewall is ZoneAlarm and I have Norton Antivirus. MS Office 2000 was pre-...

Sorting for column based on another column
I want to sort say column a1 to a30 which has names in it based on column b1 to b30 which has say widget sales to put column a1 to a30 in numeric order from high to low So that say: Mo 10 Larry 20 Curly 5 Billy 12 Bobbi 8 Would end up as Larry 20 Billy 12 Mo 10 Bobi 8 Curly 5 Thanks in advance. Hi click in any cell between a1 and b30 and choose Data / Sort from the menu choose whether or not you have a header row then in the first drop down box, choose column B (or its header) choose descending click OK Cheers JulieD <xxnonexnonexx@tampascanner.info> wrote in message news:...

Help me create sales chart based on state and quantity
We have a production report on excel. It shows the details for our clients. Part of that data includes the state in which the client lives. We are trying to create a chart showing the percentages of each state( so we know where the most deals are closed) Any suggestions? Hello mr_merchant_man, this sounds like a job for a pivot table, using Average as the data calculation operator. Or, depending on your version of Excel, you can use AVERAGEIFS (in Excel 2007) or calculate an averate with a combination of SUMIF divided by COUNTIF. To be more specific, it would help to s...

Calculate Age...?
I have a sheet with the formula.. =DATEDIF(A20,NOW(),"Y")&":Yrs "&DATEDIF(A20,NOW(),"YM")&":Months "&DATEDIF(A20,NOW(),"MD")&":Days" where A20 contains a birthday...! Can any of you clever guys tell me why It doesn't seem to be working correctly. Its supposed to return the age "X:Yrs Y:Months Z:Days". Thanx for any assist. Andrew Andrew, The formula works fine for me. Exactly what problems are you having? -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, L...

time based calendar editing
am wondering how i can get the functionality to do time based calendar editing with outlook and exchange. We want to be able to create a calendar which is only edited by one person and has a small handfull of people set as reviewer. The person set as editor can only edit during certain times of day but cannot edit during other times of the day. We tried blocking off a section of time, as an appointment, in outlook and marked it as busy. That will stop items sent as meeting requests but won't stop the editor from opening up the resource calendar directly and placing another appo...

Age
I see many example of age from date of birth Howevere when the year of the date of birth is over 1929 ie age 88 the age turn out to be negative say dob is 01 jan 1928 or less Can any ne help? klam Klam, have a look at this about age functions and why some work and others do not. http://www.allenbrowne.com/func-08.html Jeanette Cunningham "Klam" <Klam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3902CAC7-F84A-417C-9AFA-43AFBB58AC6E@microsoft.com... >I see many example of age from date of birth > Howevere when the year of the date of birth is over 1929 ie age 88 t...

Recipient Policy based on group membership
I am trying to create a recipient policy based on group membership. If I specify a single group, it works. However, this policy should apply to anyone who belongs to any one of 11 groups. I tried nesting these groups into a holder group, but the policy doesn't return any members that way. I tried adding more than one group to the criteria, but it treats the multiple criteria as an 'AND' instead of an 'OR' and does not return any members. Has anyone else done this? I would really appreciate some suggestions. - Did you use the OR filter? (|(memberOf=distinguished...

Using CDialog as base class
Hi, Im kinda new to vc++ programming and i have a problem with CDialog, im making my own class to create skinnable dialogs with CDialog as base class, class CSkinDialog : public CDialog { public: CSkin(); virtual ~CSkin(); <i will add my skin functions here> }; In my dialog class i replaced "public CDialog" with "public CSkinDialog" but when i try to compile it i get this error: error C2614: 'CTestDlg' : illegal member initialization: 'CDialog' is not a base or member Any help is welcome :) Thanks in advance, Thomas "Thomas" <Da_Q...

Calculate age as of a given date
For group insurance enrollment, given the date of birth, we need to compute each employee's age as of a certain date, such as 1/1/2005. What formula would accomplish this? -- Joe S. Hi see your other post -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Joe S." <JoeS@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:0F629BA6-4773-49AD-B66B-52F97F5CBB3A@microsoft.com... > For group insurance enrollment, given the date of birth, we need to compute > each employee's age as of a certain date, such as 1/1/2005. What formula > would accomplish this? > -- >...

aging payables and historical aging payables report
Hi, I am wondering what is the difference between these two reports. sometimes i get the same total amounts and others i find the total different on each report. I tought that the historical aging report will show only transactions with "history" status,but unfortunately this not the case. le me rephrase my qestion...if i want to reconcile my gl with AP or AR which report i should use ? many thanks Bryan, The main difference between these 2 reports is that the historical one checks both open and historical tables for data, while the other one only checks the open tables. If ...

Update table1 based on a match to table2
Hi, How do I update a field in a table in Access based on a "not null" result of a join to another table. For example, I would like a field in table1 to update to "yes" when the join to table2 is not null. Normally, I would just use a select query with an IFF function but in this instance I am trying to update a static table. On Tue, 4 May 2010 12:48:01 -0700, SageOne <SageOne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >How do I update a field in a table in Access based on a "not null" result of >a join to another table. ...

change colors in a range of excel cells based on another range of cells
I would like to change the color of a cell in a range (A5:D50)if any cell equals any cell in another range (V9:V20). All ranges are dates and V9:V20 are not necessarily consecutive dates. In addition that same set of cells A5:D50 would also be compared to a second set of dates (V30:V35) and if any cell equals any date in this second range. If so, the cell would change to a different color. Any ideas? Thanks, Bobbi *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Bobbi, Try apply these two formula to conditional formatting =SUMPRODUCT(--(A5=$V$30:$V$35))&...

age in days
hi, i was wondering if anyone knows how to work out my age in days my birthday is the 05/08/88 and todays date is 03/03/04 thanks! --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi have a look at http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused and use the DATEDIF function with the "d" parameter -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "marie >" <<marie.12k4be@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:marie.12k4be@excelforum-nospam.com... > hi, i was wondering if anyone knows how to work out my age in days > my birthday is the 05/08/88 &...

Enabling controls based on user group
I am trying to figure out how I can check if the CurrentUser is a member of a specific group and enable/disable a button based upon it. Can anyone get me started? What I've tried appears to be far from what I need. Thx, Rip A user can be members of multiple groups, so you cannot start with the user and discover what their group is. You must start with the group, and see if the user is a member. The code to do that looks like this: Function IsUserInGroup(strUser As String, strGroup As String) As Boolean Dim varDummy As Variant On Error Resume Next varDummy = DBEngine...

Calculating age in a Word template/Form from the DOB field
I have a word template/form in which I'd like for a field to be able to calcualte and post a person's age based on another field that contains the person's DOB. Can anyone help me wit this? Thanks, -- John Since posting this I've found a number of possible solutions to my problem but none seem to work for me. I simply want to insert in one form field (named "DOB") an individuals DOB in the mm dd yy format and have the persons age in accurately rounded whole years automatically post in the form field I've called "Age". This will most ...

Error 0x80004005 occurred while trying to run a timer-based agent.
The application log keep showing the message above when exchange try to fire an agent script in the public folder that I have created. I create a very simple script that will only write script.response="testing.." into the log file in the messageontimer function. If there is no agent , this message will not appear in the applicaiton log. but I need the agent as I am working on a workflow solution. I have check through the net, 47 pages return but not much information that can help me to resolve this problem. Thakns in advance ...

Aging
I am doing an aging report. Which table should I look at for the invoices was not paid or not totally paid? What's the meaning of the values of dcstatus in rm00401? Thanks. Frank, For dcstatus 1 = Work, 2 = Open, 3 = History. Basically indicating which tables the document will reside in. Partially paid receivables invoices should be in RM20101 and should have some amount in the CURTRXAM field. Payment info should be in RM20201. Fully paid invoices should be in RM30101. Payment info should be in RM30201. -- Jim@TurboChef "Frank Wang" wrote: > I am doing an agin...

calculating age
Hi trying to work out a formula to calculate the age of a person:- If the persons 'date of birth' is in cell 'A1', how can I display their age in cell 'A2' Thanks Paul On 5/8/04 5:43 AM, in article iY1nc.118$xL2.48@newsfe1-win, "Paul BRYAN" <pabryan@ntlworld.com> wrote: > Hi > > trying to work out a formula to calculate the age of a person:- > If the persons 'date of birth' is in cell 'A1', how can I display their age > in cell 'A2' > > Thanks > > Paul > > Hi Paul, Here's one way: ...

form entry based on combo box/lookup
ok. I have been marauding these forums for awhile now and first of thanks to all those whom help others out... makes a difference. This is my first post in here and hopefully this will make sense... I have three tables. one for clients one for employees and one for hourly charges this database is going to end up being remotely accessed > still working on that part as well... but here is my current hurdle... I have a form that outputs to the hourly charges table but pulls information from clients for the "PROPERTYNAME" and "COSTPERONSITE". and from employees for...

bios battery life
In another newsgroup someone stated that, when leaving the computer on the 230V. mains, there would be no battery consumption, as opposed to cutting off from the mains. I always switch off the distributing-plug for PC and all devices when I'm done. Does this have any effect on the battery? -- regards, |\ /| | \/ |@rk \../ \/os Linea Recta wrote: > > In another newsgroup someone stated that, when leaving the computer on > the 230V. mains, there would be no battery consumption, as opposed to > cutting off from the mains. > I always sw...

Aged and Historical
anyone there can tell me the difference between Aged payables and historical aged payables ? how am i supposed to reconcile my payables to GL ? I have tried both reports for different clients....but they never come up with the right figures even though i have used the correct age as of date. I had the same problem with receivables aged and historical Trial balance. most clients think that these two reports are buggy because they have done manual calculation for receivables or payables and the result was far away from historical aged trial balance. so can anyone tell me the golden rule for...

Using references in functions based upon values in other cells
Hi, Is it possible to use functions e.g. the Index function, based upon values in other cells. I'm currently using an Index function based upon cell references in other worksheets, rather than continually enter the names of these other worksheets the format of my sheets is such that I would be able to just include reference to a list of the worksheet names and then fill down. e.g. Sheet1!$A$1 Sheet2!A2 would become "A1"!$A$1" where "A1" contains the string "Sheet1". I appreciate this sounds confusing but any help would be appreciated. Cheers DM ...

Excel Based Budgets initialisation
Hi, Recently I had to drop and recraete the budgets tables in my GP10 database. After doing this each time a user tries to access budgets they get the message that budgets need to be initialised. After sa initialises budgets sa can access the budgets, however after closing the screen and trying again the message appears again. This means that users are not able to get into budgets. Do you know of any setting in the dex.ini file or perhaps the tables that can turn this off so normal users can access budgets. Thank you Neil How did you drop and recreate the tables? From SQL Server Mana...