Advanced Security Headaches

I am having so many problems with this and unfortunately, on version 8, it is
almost impossible to setup a lot of classes using the standard GP user class
setup without pulling your hair out (and can't get access to certain things
like business alert setup etc).

I created a brand new user class using user class setup with no
restrictions.  Assigned user to class.
Ran receivables integration with no errors.
I then modified the user class using adv security to remove all windows
within tools > setup, routines and utilities.
Re-ran the integration and now get error "Unknown GP field subtype 25710."

I know this error is caused by an alternate GP window, but this class and
user does not have access to any alternate GP windows (we use project
accounting and extender).  This user can manually enter a receivables
transaction fine.

I had the very same issue in version 7.5 and decided to give up on Adv
security, delete class and redo by just restricting the entire palettes for
setup, utilities and routines (so much easier).  However, on version 8,
Microsoft decided to make it more difficult and now I can't even setup our
secrurity without messing up our integrations.

The other issue I have is the inability to remove any windows from payroll
since we are not registered for it (has red line next to each window and says
selected object belongs to unregistered module).  If it's unregistered, why
does it appear at all?  All our users have payroll on everything.

As well, we cannot remove access to business alerts, extended pricing (under
setup > Sales and are not registered).

How do
0
Luvsql (265)

Luvsql

I know we have discussed the issue you are having with integration manager
before.  Please note that when running integration manager, access to
modified or alternate windows is actually overridden. Integration Manager
will always use the original window regardless of what security says.

If security says you are using an alternate it is possible that the 3rd
party products triggers will fire because they think the alternate is in use,
but because IM has forced the original to be used you will now get an illegal
address error from Dexterity when it tries to reference a 3rd party field
which is not on the original form.

Your message shows the resource ID of 25710. All 3rd party resources are
above 22000, so this is definately a third party resource.

Can you please swap the access back to the original windows for the windows
being used by the integration and see what happens?

As for the unregistered modules, they are behaving as designed.  If you
would like to remove them entirely from Advanced Security or make control of
them possible through Advanced Security please press the Options button and
change the settings for "Do not display unregistered modules" and "Enable
control of unregistered modules" as desired.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Senior Development Consultant
MBS Services - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Business Solutions

mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com

and confers no rights.

"Luvsql" wrote:

> I am having so many problems with this and unfortunately, on version 8, it is
> almost impossible to setup a lot of classes using the standard GP user class
> setup without pulling your hair out (and can't get access to certain things
> like business alert setup etc).
>
> I created a brand new user class using user class setup with no
> restrictions.  Assigned user to class.
> Ran receivables integration with no errors.
> I then modified the user class using adv security to remove all windows
> within tools > setup, routines and utilities.
> Re-ran the integration and now get error "Unknown GP field subtype 25710."
>
> I know this error is caused by an alternate GP window, but this class and
> user does not have access to any alternate GP windows (we use project
> accounting and extender).  This user can manually enter a receivables
> transaction fine.
>
> I had the very same issue in version 7.5 and decided to give up on Adv
> security, delete class and redo by just restricting the entire palettes for
> setup, utilities and routines (so much easier).  However, on version 8,
> Microsoft decided to make it more difficult and now I can't even setup our
> secrurity without messing up our integrations.
>
> The other issue I have is the inability to remove any windows from payroll
> since we are not registered for it (has red line next to each window and says
> selected object belongs to unregistered module).  If it's unregistered, why
> does it appear at all?  All our users have payroll on everything.
>
> As well, we cannot remove access to business alerts, extended pricing (under
> setup > Sales and are not registered).
>
> How do
0
dmusgrav (157)

Outlook 2002 and Norton Internet Security 'This is Spam' button
Whenever I click on the 'This is Spam' button that Norton Internet Security has placed on the tool bar of Outlook, Outlook reports a security message that an application is trying to access my address book. How do I allow Norton Internet Security to have unlimited access to my address book so that I do not have to keep selecting the allow access option? Thanks Check with Norton to see if you have the latest version of the software. Office XP SP3 causes this message to appear, and I understand Norton has adjusted their antivirus software to deal with it. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MV...

Is there any way to protect secure RMS database file ?
Is there any way to protect secure RMS database file or the backup file ? Right now if some gets hold of a either database or the backup file they can easly restore they data on another system without any passwords. Is there a way to secure either the backup file or the main database file so in order to restore someone would have to provide a password or some other way of security function Robert Well you could compress the backup file and require a password to uncompress it. I've only used PKZip, but I know it allows you to compress with a password... I don't know easy...

Advance Find in Activities Histories
I asked this a while back but the answer did not work, and perhaps it was that I was not clear in my description of the problem, so I will try again. I have just converted activities from 20,000 clients from Goldmine into CRM 1.2. Most of these contacts/accounts have numerous activities which we have converted to historical activities on the Activities/History Tab. When you open an Account, go to Activities, then the History tab, all the activities display. I can click on the Type title to sort them and use the page -> to move between the pages and pages of activities. In some cas...

security setup for user class copied to another company
We have 3 companies in GP- version 9 - we have a user class set up and want to copy the security settings to the other companies. I was told it could be done through advanced security - is that correct? Do we use the import/export function? Thanks. User Classes are a system wide setting. Once you assign the user to the class, and grant the user access to a company, their security will follow them to that company. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.bl...

How to express Between Queries in advanced find
Hi, I need to express queries such as: <entity>.<startDate> <= Today && <entity>.<endDate> >= Today Any ideas? Regards -- Dimitris ------=_NextPart_0001_087C1335 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <DFoukas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need to express queries such as: > > <entity>.<startDate> <= Today && > <entity>.<endDate> >= Today Queries in Advanced Find are, by default, AND queries unless you change it to OR. So you'd just do this by putting in ...

Security Role
Is there a way to ensure that a user with sales person role is unable to give more than X% dicount which in turn can be overrided by a sales manager or VP? You can either create a callout for this or a workflow might be able to achieve your desired result. -- Rgds Michael MCDBA 2000 | MCITP DBA 2005 "Sharon" wrote: > Is there a way to ensure that a user with sales person role is unable to give > more than X% dicount which in turn can be overrided by a sales manager or VP? ...

Advanced Conditional Formatting and Changing Cell Colours
I have three basic (for programmers) conditional formatting problems to solve in Excel for which I require some help. These are the last 3 conditions I need to complete for the worksheet so any help will be really appreciated. They are as follows: 1. If cell Y2 is > 0 and cell Z2 = 0 I need to change the colour of cell Z2 2. If cell Y2 or cell AA2 > 0 and cells V2, W2, or X2 = the value "Z" I need to change the colour of the cell containing "Z" (V2, W2 or X2). If changing the colour of only the single cell containing "Z" cannot be done, I guess changing t...

Advanced Optimization Options
are 'Advanced Optimization' Options Inherited? like I have a app in which I have set these options and in it I am using 3rd party control of which I don't have source code nor do i know if they are using any of these options. so if I set some advanced optimization options will those also apply to that control? "Abhishek" <user@server.com> wrote in message news:i5j779$n6h$1@speranza.aioe.org... > are 'Advanced Optimization' Options Inherited? No. "Abhishek" <user@server.com> wrote > are 'Advanced O...

secure documents
Is there a way to make my document secure like you can do on word? I don't want other people to get into a few of my files. On 19 Apr 2004 12:44, "Alice" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way to make my document secure like you can do on word? I >don't want other people to get into a few of my files. Publisher does not include and secure document protection. You would either need to do your project in Word, or convert your Publisher publication to a *.pdf using Adobe Acrobat and apply security settings. Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publ...

CRM should let me decouple conditional statements in Advanced Find
We have set up a number of saved searches in CRM 3.0 that users would like to use Save As to create a copy and then add search terms to. Unfortunately, CRM 3.0 does not allow you to decouple conditional statements once the search has been saved. In order to add an AND condition, this feature is required. -- Thanks, Justin ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the...

Advanced Security Headaches
I am having so many problems with this and unfortunately, on version 8, it is almost impossible to setup a lot of classes using the standard GP user class setup without pulling your hair out (and can't get access to certain things like business alert setup etc). I created a brand new user class using user class setup with no restrictions. Assigned user to class. Ran receivables integration with no errors. I then modified the user class using adv security to remove all windows within tools > setup, routines and utilities. Re-ran the integration and now get error "Unknown GP...

Is there a Microsoft Access Security FAQ for 2003?
The security FAQ that is on Microsoft is titled "Frequently Asked Questions About Microsoft® Access Security for Microsoft Access versions 2.0 through 2000" and dated October 2000. Is the and updated version for Access 2003 That one applies to Access 2003 (and 2002) as well. And since there isn't user-level security in Access 2007, I guess that's as far as it goes. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Ayo" <Ayo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3C95A28A-56D7-4E97-AD57-93F4E4793BFB@micr...

Can you search through Purchase orders by item Can you search by more than just the start of the lookup code? (ie search for all things red?) ...

Outlook 2000
Here is what i am doing. ' Right click on a mail folder, click "Advanced Find", enter some search words that you know will return results, click the "Find Now" button. It will produce some results. click the "Find Now" button" again. and there are no results. (empties previous results). I am using outlook 2000. ...

Advanced macro
Slightly complicated question - I'll explain as best as I can. I have two sheets in a file, one is the weekly sales (all data on one line) and the other is the previous weeks sales which have been hard coded (1st week on line 1, 2nd week on line two...52nd week on line 52). I want the weekly sales sheet to remain the same as it has links into another report. What I need is a macro to copy the line of data from the weekly sheet into the relevant weeks line on the previous weeks sheet. I can only create macro's that take the data from the weekly sheet and enters it into a specifi...

CRM Security Services (Request timed out)
I installed CRM and it works well but i have one problem that when i come to office every day and chech the CRM server it stoped and when try to start it http://crmweb then i get message Security Services is not runing and after runing Security Services when i try to run Explorer http://crmweb then it hangup for long time and mostly i get error after shut down and restart server it works well. i dont know what is wrong with this? During hangup i get this error message Server Error in '/' Application --------------------------------------------------------------------------------...

Advanced Find Queries
Can anyone give me a solution to the following problem we are having... I want to do an advanced find on all our active accounts and not include the billing accounts. Our billing accounts begin with an asterik (*). So when writing the query, if I try and tell it to give me the accounts that don't begin with an *, it results in nothing. Besides changing the character to something else other than an *, is there a way around this? Wendy, The asterisk (*) is the CRM "wildcard" character. I'm thinking that when you search for this character, CRM may interpret this to me...

Microsoft Office Access 2007 Security Notice
I have just recently upgraded my Access version from 2000 to 2007. When attempting to open my database I get the security warning error below... "A potential security concern has been identified. Warning: It is not possible to determine that this content came from a trustworty source. You should leave this content disabaled unless the content provides critical functionality and you trust its source. File Path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\1033\utility.mda This file might contain unsafe content that could harm your computer. Do you want to open this file or cancel the ...

Slide advancement
Hi. I am running into problems with projecting my PPT show. The show runs just fine on my computer, but when I hook it up to a projector, it will display the first slide on the screen, briefly show the second slide and then revert back to the first slide. I cannot advance past the first slide. I've tried two different projectors so I figured it's either a computer or powerpoint issue. I have PowerPoint 2007. On 12/8/09 12:26 PM, in article 2154D43D-F7C5-4C81-B402-EDB545CC47A4@microsoft.com, "Worker Bee" <WorkerBee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

Table Dump Security
Hello, Does anyone know what security is needed to be able to do a table dump in GP? (Ctrl+Alt+F8) Thanks, Sharon Sharon - what version of GP? What's a "table dump"? Is this possibly something customized for you? -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP "Sharon" <Sharon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9B18FB7-31DD-42A3-A679-9D1F664C322B@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > Does anyone know what security is needed to be able to do a table dump in > GP? (Ctrl+Alt+F8) > > Thanks, > > Sharon Victoria, we are using GP versio...

Advanced Financial Report Calculated Field
I am customizing a P & L for a client using AFA and I am trying to do a simple subtraction between rows but it's been a while since I have had to use AFA and can't remember how I can do a simple row calculation without using a User-Defined Column. I just want to calculate the Net Income (Income - COGS) and I tried the TOTAL Row type, but the only function type available with the TOTAL field is addition. Can someone guide me in the right direction with Calculated Rows in AFA? My AFA is rusty but isn't "Income" a credit balance and "COGS" a debit b...

Auto Delete of Sold Securities
MoneyPlus, like previous versions, auto deletes the record of sold investments after 30 days. The investment is gone even from the list of investments available to delete. After 30 days, the investment won't display in Portfolio Mgr (w/display closed positions set on), nor in relevant Reports. Transactions still display in the Account Register and in tax Reports, but one can't track performance by account or investment type because the sold investments won't display in any of these Reports. Is there a way to change this? Thank you. ...

Advanced SQL Query and Advanced Find
I need to add contacts to a marketing list based on an advanced SQL query, Advanced find does not offer the proper fields and joins. Is there an easy way to run the query outside of CRM and then somehow get the contacts into the marketing list? Create a Query using the "FilteredContact" view in CRM, it offers all the fields you need. Furthermore, in order to create marketing list against your query i suggest you do it using the webservice API. If you need help working with the API feel free to contact me at anytime I can certainly help you. Oshri Cohen Web: http://mymscrm3.blogs...

Advanced Financial
If I make a report in Advanced Financials - can it be exported out to excel where it will actually be useful to somebody? you can set the destination to file and the format as either tab delimited or comma delimited. These files can be opened through Excel. I just don't know how the format/layout would look like. hope this helps. Rheiner "modonnel@knight.com" wrote: > If I make a report in Advanced Financials - can it be exported out to excel > where it will actually be useful to somebody? Hi modonnel, The short answer is no. Why don't you us...

Named dynamic range, COUNTIF, and advanced filter
Hi This is a bit convoluted. Pls bear with me. I have a table of survey data, like this user date question1 question2 user1 1/1/01 excellent good user2 1/2/02 fair good user3 5/4/03 poor fair I have a cell with =counta formula that keeps track of the # of rows in the table. I define a dynamic named range for each question column, using an =offset formula in conjunction with the counta formula above. I have a separate table that tabulates the results, like this excellent good fair poor question1 1 0 1 1 question2 0 2...