Advanced Security and version 10

In version 10 security has changed adding more flexability and control for
administrators.  The problem however pre-version 10 had Advanced security
which allowed the client admins to easily navigate and apply security to
windows based on where they are located on the menu.  I am receiving
complaints that when appplying security it is very difficult now as you need
to know the dynamics GP windows for everything you are applying security for.

We need a return of an Advanced Security module when we use the new tasks
and roles and set it up in a graphical way.

To clients it looks like we have returned to the dyas of Version 6

thank you
Michael Nunes

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=db91c2cc-6ce8-4e12-ae99-8722d424e991&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
MickeyN (22)

Price List update project
Hola I am using GP 10 with SQL 2005; I need to do a price list update for roughly 3,000 items. In the past the manager supplied the spreadsheet with the new price list and we will put it together then DTS it through SQL, a lot of work because there few different price level from different customers. What is the most convenient way to update the price for 3,000 items numbers to Dynamics GP? I read in some sites that integration manager can do it. Can you please advice? Look forward to hear from you. -- LOS ...

Outlook 2002 and Norton Internet Security 'This is Spam' button
Whenever I click on the 'This is Spam' button that Norton Internet Security has placed on the tool bar of Outlook, Outlook reports a security message that an application is trying to access my address book. How do I allow Norton Internet Security to have unlimited access to my address book so that I do not have to keep selecting the allow access option? Thanks Check with Norton to see if you have the latest version of the software. Office XP SP3 causes this message to appear, and I understand Norton has adjusted their antivirus software to deal with it. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MV...

Advance Find in Activities Histories
I asked this a while back but the answer did not work, and perhaps it was that I was not clear in my description of the problem, so I will try again. I have just converted activities from 20,000 clients from Goldmine into CRM 1.2. Most of these contacts/accounts have numerous activities which we have converted to historical activities on the Activities/History Tab. When you open an Account, go to Activities, then the History tab, all the activities display. I can click on the Type title to sort them and use the page -> to move between the pages and pages of activities. In some cas...

Is there any way to protect secure RMS database file ?
Is there any way to protect secure RMS database file or the backup file ? Right now if some gets hold of a either database or the backup file they can easly restore they data on another system without any passwords. Is there a way to secure either the backup file or the main database file so in order to restore someone would have to provide a password or some other way of security function Robert Well you could compress the backup file and require a password to uncompress it. I've only used PKZip, but I know it allows you to compress with a password... I don't know easy...

security setup for user class copied to another company
We have 3 companies in GP- version 9 - we have a user class set up and want to copy the security settings to the other companies. I was told it could be done through advanced security - is that correct? Do we use the import/export function? Thanks. User Classes are a system wide setting. Once you assign the user to the class, and grant the user access to a company, their security will follow them to that company. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.bl...

How to express Between Queries in advanced find
Hi, I need to express queries such as: <entity>.<startDate> <= Today && <entity>.<endDate> >= Today Any ideas? Regards -- Dimitris ------=_NextPart_0001_087C1335 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <DFoukas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need to express queries such as: > > <entity>.<startDate> <= Today && > <entity>.<endDate> >= Today Queries in Advanced Find are, by default, AND queries unless you change it to OR. So you'd just do this by putting in ...

Security Role
Is there a way to ensure that a user with sales person role is unable to give more than X% dicount which in turn can be overrided by a sales manager or VP? You can either create a callout for this or a workflow might be able to achieve your desired result. -- Rgds Michael MCDBA 2000 | MCITP DBA 2005 "Sharon" wrote: > Is there a way to ensure that a user with sales person role is unable to give > more than X% dicount which in turn can be overrided by a sales manager or VP? ...

Advanced Conditional Formatting and Changing Cell Colours
I have three basic (for programmers) conditional formatting problems to solve in Excel for which I require some help. These are the last 3 conditions I need to complete for the worksheet so any help will be really appreciated. They are as follows: 1. If cell Y2 is > 0 and cell Z2 = 0 I need to change the colour of cell Z2 2. If cell Y2 or cell AA2 > 0 and cells V2, W2, or X2 = the value "Z" I need to change the colour of the cell containing "Z" (V2, W2 or X2). If changing the colour of only the single cell containing "Z" cannot be done, I guess changing t...

secure documents
Is there a way to make my document secure like you can do on word? I don't want other people to get into a few of my files. On 19 Apr 2004 12:44, "Alice" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way to make my document secure like you can do on word? I >don't want other people to get into a few of my files. Publisher does not include and secure document protection. You would either need to do your project in Word, or convert your Publisher publication to a *.pdf using Adobe Acrobat and apply security settings. Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publ...

Advanced Optimization Options
are 'Advanced Optimization' Options Inherited? like I have a app in which I have set these options and in it I am using 3rd party control of which I don't have source code nor do i know if they are using any of these options. so if I set some advanced optimization options will those also apply to that control? "Abhishek" <user@server.com> wrote in message news:i5j779$n6h$1@speranza.aioe.org... > are 'Advanced Optimization' Options Inherited? No. "Abhishek" <user@server.com> wrote > are 'Advanced O...

CRM should let me decouple conditional statements in Advanced Find
We have set up a number of saved searches in CRM 3.0 that users would like to use Save As to create a copy and then add search terms to. Unfortunately, CRM 3.0 does not allow you to decouple conditional statements once the search has been saved. In order to add an AND condition, this feature is required. -- Thanks, Justin ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the...

Advanced Security Headaches
I am having so many problems with this and unfortunately, on version 8, it is almost impossible to setup a lot of classes using the standard GP user class setup without pulling your hair out (and can't get access to certain things like business alert setup etc). I created a brand new user class using user class setup with no restrictions. Assigned user to class. Ran receivables integration with no errors. I then modified the user class using adv security to remove all windows within tools > setup, routines and utilities. Re-ran the integration and now get error "Unknown GP...

Is there a Microsoft Access Security FAQ for 2003?
The security FAQ that is on Microsoft is titled "Frequently Asked Questions About Microsoft® Access Security for Microsoft Access versions 2.0 through 2000" and dated October 2000. Is the and updated version for Access 2003 That one applies to Access 2003 (and 2002) as well. And since there isn't user-level security in Access 2007, I guess that's as far as it goes. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Ayo" <Ayo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3C95A28A-56D7-4E97-AD57-93F4E4793BFB@micr...

Solver Adds in Microsoft Edition 2003 (student version)
Guys, i've been trying to install solver adds-in but I've had no luck Hi what happened exactly (error message, etc.) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Derl" <Derl@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:A216F0AC-9B3A-4CF4-AF46-4D347E697BAD@microsoft.com... > Guys, i've been trying to install solver adds-in but I've had no luck ...

VLookup 05-18-10
When I type in the VLookup formula and hit enter, the cell will not display the result - it displays the formula. Then, when I copy it to the cells below, none of the cell references change. Here is the formula: =VLOOKUP(C2,Sheet1!A:B,2,false) I made this same formula in an older file and it worked fine. Why won't it work in this new spreadsheet? I think something happened to the settings, but I don't know where to go to fix it. If you're seeing the formula and not the results of the formula, it could be: 1. The cell is formatted as Text. Reformat the cel...

Can you search through Purchase orders by item Can you search by more than just the start of the lookup code? (ie search for all things red?) ...

Outlook 2000
Here is what i am doing. ' Right click on a mail folder, click "Advanced Find", enter some search words that you know will return results, click the "Find Now" button. It will produce some results. click the "Find Now" button" again. and there are no results. (empties previous results). I am using outlook 2000. ...

Removing old version of Office after installing new one
Up until about 6 months ago I was using Office XP. As my wife is a teacher I took advantage of a special deal to buy Office 2007 and installed that, but I didn't remove the old one as I wanted to make sure everything worked ok. I'd now like to get rid of the Office XP. Both are listed in the "Add or Remove Programs" utility. Is it safe to use this to remove Office XP or might it mess up Office 2007 in the process? Thanks, David. "DavidM" <davidm_uk_notme@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ocs9h5prarkvtb104fe2l5ptsu2j58fmor@4ax.com > Up until ...

Excel Spreadsheet #10
Why suddenly can't Windows open my Excel spreadsheet ? It has forgotten which program created it. How can this be? I am desparate to get help opening it. Windows doesn't know what program is associated with .xls files? If yes, I'd try reregistering excel: Close Excel and Windows Start Button|Run excel /unregserver then Windows Start Button|Run excel /regserver The /unregserver & /regserver stuff resets the windows registry to excel's factory defaults. If you get an error message (can't find ....), you could try: Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (...

Using Groupwise instead of Outlook in GP 10
Hello, We've recently starting using GP 10 and are having problems utilizing the 'Send To' function to send a report via email. This option, as you may know, is available in most Screen Outputs. Right now, if I click that button, I'll get a dialog asking me to choose a profile - the "Novell Groupwise" is the default entry. Unfortunately, this does nothing. Has any one had any success with using Groupwise as the email client instead of Outlook? Our partner was asked, and they unfortunately are running Outlook, which appears to work with no problems. Migrating...

Advanced macro
Slightly complicated question - I'll explain as best as I can. I have two sheets in a file, one is the weekly sales (all data on one line) and the other is the previous weeks sales which have been hard coded (1st week on line 1, 2nd week on line two...52nd week on line 52). I want the weekly sales sheet to remain the same as it has links into another report. What I need is a macro to copy the line of data from the weekly sheet into the relevant weeks line on the previous weeks sheet. I can only create macro's that take the data from the weekly sheet and enters it into a specifi...

Advanced Find Queries
Can anyone give me a solution to the following problem we are having... I want to do an advanced find on all our active accounts and not include the billing accounts. Our billing accounts begin with an asterik (*). So when writing the query, if I try and tell it to give me the accounts that don't begin with an *, it results in nothing. Besides changing the character to something else other than an *, is there a way around this? Wendy, The asterisk (*) is the CRM "wildcard" character. I'm thinking that when you search for this character, CRM may interpret this to me...

help 04-23-10
hou l do to have my mails? "gorete" <goreterecife.marinho359@gmail.com> wrote in message news:6E0B8528-19F0-41AA-AC28-857B39A5283A@microsoft.com... > hou l do to have my mails? Please try again with more detail of your problem. -- Regards Steve. MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK. http://www.getsafeonline.org/ http://www.microsoft.com/uk/citizenship/safeandsecure/parentadvice/default.mspx ...

CRM Security Services (Request timed out)
I installed CRM and it works well but i have one problem that when i come to office every day and chech the CRM server it stoped and when try to start it http://crmweb then i get message Security Services is not runing and after runing Security Services when i try to run Explorer http://crmweb then it hangup for long time and mostly i get error after shut down and restart server it works well. i dont know what is wrong with this? During hangup i get this error message Server Error in '/' Application --------------------------------------------------------------------------------...

Need list of the different versions of Excel
In the past my first version of Excel was Version 5, now I use Version 8 (Microsoft Excel97). I would like to know the names (Version numbers) of all the Excels, starting with the first one. I am working on a project that I intend to offer for sale to the public. Therefore, want to know which versions it will work on. Maybe it will on some prior versions depending on what features are used. Thankyou Ed Hi Ed, http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/index.htm -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:85F71...