Advanced Security #3

We are planning to install the Great Plains client on Citrix.  We will
have a Citrix farm containing 10 Citrix Servers with load balancing.
The SQL database for Great Plains is installed on a Windows 2003 Server.

When a user logs into Great Plains they receive an error message
regarding the location of an advanced security file. Is this advanced
security necessary to run with Great Plains.  Also, where should this
file be located, since users will be logging into any of the 10 Citrix
serves.

Thanks

Frank
0
user681 (69)

You have a couple of choices regarding this issue. You can elect to use SQL
Server tables rather than a physical file to store the advanced security
data. I would recommend you do that instead.

<user@domain.invalid> wrote in message
> We are planning to install the Great Plains client on Citrix.  We will
> have a Citrix farm containing 10 Citrix Servers with load balancing. The
> SQL database for Great Plains is installed on a Windows 2003 Server.
>
> When a user logs into Great Plains they receive an error message regarding
> the location of an advanced security file. Is this advanced security
> necessary to run with Great Plains.  Also, where should this file be
> located, since users will be logging into any of the 10 Citrix serves.
>
> Thanks
>

> Frank

0
callen1071 (408)
2/8/2005 7:37:17 PM
You can opt not to use the external accelerator and only use the SQL tables,
however the external tables can give better performance.

Or you can select a path on a server and make sure that it is visible to all
of the Citrix boxes.  Leave the Local Path blank.

Note: There is no longer an option for external tables in v8.00 as Advanced
Security was re-written for better performance on SQL.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Original Developer of Advanced Security
Senior Development Consultant
MBS Services - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Business Solutions

mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com

and confers no rights.

"user@domain.invalid" wrote:

> We are planning to install the Great Plains client on Citrix.  We will
> have a Citrix farm containing 10 Citrix Servers with load balancing.
> The SQL database for Great Plains is installed on a Windows 2003 Server.
>
> When a user logs into Great Plains they receive an error message
> regarding the location of an advanced security file. Is this advanced
> security necessary to run with Great Plains.  Also, where should this
> file be located, since users will be logging into any of the 10 Citrix
> serves.
>
> Thanks
>

> Frank

0
dmusgrav1 (1325)

Can't reboot after installing Service Pack 3
I have a 3 year old HP desktop, running Windows XP. I had to do a PC restore due to a virus (PC restore lost all my docs and images, dang it). I reloaded my Office Professional 2000 (I need Word and Excel), and then downloaded and ran Microsoft upgrade Service Pack 3. All went very well until I tried to restart. The computer will not boot up. It tries and tires and tires until I finally turn it off. I've done this twice with the same outcome. I use AVG 9.0 wnen you call HP they till you too restore! and how to Kill that virus ? Did you Click on Windows Update ...

Copyright #3
Does anyone know the code to put a copyright "circled c" in publisher. I know the "circled p" code but do not know the "cirled c" code. It mgiht too be easier if anybody knows a font that woould incorporate it. � = ALT + 0169 -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F7F46DC7-7C8A-4938-8578-595F8829D847@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know the code to put a copy...

Is there any way to protect secure RMS database file ?
Is there any way to protect secure RMS database file or the backup file ? Right now if some gets hold of a either database or the backup file they can easly restore they data on another system without any passwords. Is there a way to secure either the backup file or the main database file so in order to restore someone would have to provide a password or some other way of security function Robert Well you could compress the backup file and require a password to uncompress it. I've only used PKZip, but I know it allows you to compress with a password... I don't know easy...

Outlook not opening #3
When I try to open MS Outlook,from the desktop or the mail button on IE, the program stalls at the splash screen. It does not show up in the applcations tab on the task manager. Any suggestions? thanks Close Outlook. Find and rename outcmd.dat to .old. (If using Windows 2000 or XP, you will need to enable searching hidden and system folders.) Once you have done so, reopen Outlook and it should open fine. You will need to rebuild any custom toolbars or customizations as the file outcmd.dat controls how the toolbars display. When it becomes corrupted, it will cause Outlook to hang...

Formula for 3 columns
Example as to a formula I need Add Subtract Balance Column C Column I Column J $1000 -$500 =$500 All columns are set up to start with row C14 and finish with C100 I column starts with row I14 and finish with I 100 J column starts with row J14 and finish with J100 Columns C & I presently have amounts in each cell. Where there are no actual amounts, I have $0.00 to fill cell Column J has no figures at all except all cells have $0.00 Could someone please create a formula for me that would give me a continous running balance in ...

Advance Find in Activities Histories
I asked this a while back but the answer did not work, and perhaps it was that I was not clear in my description of the problem, so I will try again. I have just converted activities from 20,000 clients from Goldmine into CRM 1.2. Most of these contacts/accounts have numerous activities which we have converted to historical activities on the Activities/History Tab. When you open an Account, go to Activities, then the History tab, all the activities display. I can click on the Type title to sort them and use the page -> to move between the pages and pages of activities. In some cas...

Outlook 2002 and Norton Internet Security 'This is Spam' button
Whenever I click on the 'This is Spam' button that Norton Internet Security has placed on the tool bar of Outlook, Outlook reports a security message that an application is trying to access my address book. How do I allow Norton Internet Security to have unlimited access to my address book so that I do not have to keep selecting the allow access option? Thanks Check with Norton to see if you have the latest version of the software. Office XP SP3 causes this message to appear, and I understand Norton has adjusted their antivirus software to deal with it. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MV...

if it saysrecieving 3of 3
ng 3of 3 - wher are the 3? An example of a vague question. If you are referring to email messages, check your Inbox. That is where they would go, unless you have set up a rule sending them somwhere else. Judy Freed "Peter" <peter.codner@lineone.net> wrote in message news:edorwplnDHA.3612@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > ng 3of 3 - wher are the 3? > > ...

Security Role
Is there a way to ensure that a user with sales person role is unable to give more than X% dicount which in turn can be overrided by a sales manager or VP? You can either create a callout for this or a workflow might be able to achieve your desired result. -- Rgds Michael MCDBA 2000 | MCITP DBA 2005 "Sharon" wrote: > Is there a way to ensure that a user with sales person role is unable to give > more than X% dicount which in turn can be overrided by a sales manager or VP? ...

security setup for user class copied to another company
We have 3 companies in GP- version 9 - we have a user class set up and want to copy the security settings to the other companies. I was told it could be done through advanced security - is that correct? Do we use the import/export function? Thanks. User Classes are a system wide setting. Once you assign the user to the class, and grant the user access to a company, their security will follow them to that company. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.bl...

How to express Between Queries in advanced find
Hi, I need to express queries such as: <entity>.<startDate> <= Today && <entity>.<endDate> >= Today Any ideas? Regards -- Dimitris ------=_NextPart_0001_087C1335 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <DFoukas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need to express queries such as: > > <entity>.<startDate> <= Today && > <entity>.<endDate> >= Today Queries in Advanced Find are, by default, AND queries unless you change it to OR. So you'd just do this by putting in ...

missing payee #3
I recently upgraded to Money 2006, not sure if this is related. I tried entering a transaction for an established payee, and the payee doesn't appear in the drop-down list. The payee also doesn't appear on the master list of payees. I *can* access the payee by right-clicking on a prior transaction with this payee and selecting 'go to payee'. When I do, I see all the information for this payee, including all prior transactions, account information, etc. I still can't enter a new transaction for this payee. I even tried renaming the payee, but it still doesn'...

Public folder access #3
Hi everybody, We use : Exchange 2003 / Outlook 2002 Problem : When the user "james" run outlook he is able to access his mailbox (and all outlook today tree) but when he try to clic on the public folder tree his outlook hang. this problem occur only with james. I did some tests : I granted a full control on the james mailbox to the user olivier, i connected with the olivier windows account i created an outlook profile to log on the James mailbox. I'm logged with olivier windows account, i can access to the James mailbox and i can open the public folder tree. I granted a ful...

Advanced Conditional Formatting and Changing Cell Colours
I have three basic (for programmers) conditional formatting problems to solve in Excel for which I require some help. These are the last 3 conditions I need to complete for the worksheet so any help will be really appreciated. They are as follows: 1. If cell Y2 is > 0 and cell Z2 = 0 I need to change the colour of cell Z2 2. If cell Y2 or cell AA2 > 0 and cells V2, W2, or X2 = the value "Z" I need to change the colour of the cell containing "Z" (V2, W2 or X2). If changing the colour of only the single cell containing "Z" cannot be done, I guess changing t...

Advanced Optimization Options
are 'Advanced Optimization' Options Inherited? like I have a app in which I have set these options and in it I am using 3rd party control of which I don't have source code nor do i know if they are using any of these options. so if I set some advanced optimization options will those also apply to that control? "Abhishek" <user@server.com> wrote in message news:i5j779$n6h$1@speranza.aioe.org... > are 'Advanced Optimization' Options Inherited? No. "Abhishek" <user@server.com> wrote > are 'Advanced O...

xpath problems #3
Hello, I am trying to get all the elements that are inside the <group> tag in this function and it doesn't work. What is wrong with that? private void populateTreeControl( System.Xml.XmlNode document, System.Windows.Forms.TreeNodeCollection nodes) { XmlNodeList xmn = document.SelectNodes("/sectionGroup/*"); foreach (System.Xml.XmlNode node in document) { string text = (node.Value != null ? node.Value : (node.Attributes != null && node.Attributes.Count > 0 ) ? node.Attributes[0].Value : node.Nam...

secure documents
Is there a way to make my document secure like you can do on word? I don't want other people to get into a few of my files. On 19 Apr 2004 12:44, "Alice" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way to make my document secure like you can do on word? I >don't want other people to get into a few of my files. Publisher does not include and secure document protection. You would either need to do your project in Word, or convert your Publisher publication to a *.pdf using Adobe Acrobat and apply security settings. Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publ...

Get External Data #3
Does anyone use the Data>Get External Data to get multiple stock quotes? Recently when I try to use it, I get the error message "Unable to open http://webservices.pcquote.com/cgi-bin/excel.exe. Has this site been closed,or am I having a problem? Dan Goto http://groups.yahoo.com/group/xltraders/ and look for author donalb36 and download my FREE files to do just this -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Dan Chupinsky" <dchupinsky@twmi.rr.com> wrote in message news:EOJxe.43174$7X1.31960@tornado.ohiordc.rr.com... > Does anyone use the Data>Get ...

Conditional Formatting #3
Hi all I have this conditional format in cell BB35 =IF(BB35>$BB$37,TRUE) If I insert cells between BB35 & BB37, then the formula changes to =IF(BB35>$BB$38,TRUE) Is there a way of making BB37 absolute, or is there a formula using ROW that I could use? Many thanks -- George Gee -- Select cell B35 Choose Format>Conditional Formatting From the first dropdown, choose Formula Is In the formula box, type: =B35>INDIRECT("$B$37") Click the Format button and select your formatting Click OK, click OK George Gee wrote: > I have this conditional format in cell BB35...

CRM should let me decouple conditional statements in Advanced Find
We have set up a number of saved searches in CRM 3.0 that users would like to use Save As to create a copy and then add search terms to. Unfortunately, CRM 3.0 does not allow you to decouple conditional statements once the search has been saved. In order to add an AND condition, this feature is required. -- Thanks, Justin ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the...

Advanced Security Headaches
I am having so many problems with this and unfortunately, on version 8, it is almost impossible to setup a lot of classes using the standard GP user class setup without pulling your hair out (and can't get access to certain things like business alert setup etc). I created a brand new user class using user class setup with no restrictions. Assigned user to class. Ran receivables integration with no errors. I then modified the user class using adv security to remove all windows within tools > setup, routines and utilities. Re-ran the integration and now get error "Unknown GP...

Is there a Microsoft Access Security FAQ for 2003?
The security FAQ that is on Microsoft is titled "Frequently Asked Questions About Microsoft® Access Security for Microsoft Access versions 2.0 through 2000" and dated October 2000. Is the and updated version for Access 2003 That one applies to Access 2003 (and 2002) as well. And since there isn't user-level security in Access 2007, I guess that's as far as it goes. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Ayo" <Ayo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3C95A28A-56D7-4E97-AD57-93F4E4793BFB@micr...

IF Formula #3
Can I use IF formula to ccmpare time? Ex =IF (A4>=24:00:00, "24") Assuming A4 is formatted as [h]:mm:ss Try this: =IF(A4>=1,24,"no") -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "myr" <myr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E356F098-80FE-47DC-B71F-7D1F9CFA0A68@microsoft.com... > Can I use IF formula to ccmpare time? Ex =IF (A4>=24:00:00, "24") ...

Outlook Freeze #3
Hello, I have two issues, that are probably caused by the same issue. I haven't been able to resolve it, and from the looks of it, neither has anyone else. Setup: Office XP Sp3 + TS2000(all the latest patches) (Dual P4 2.4Ghz, 2 gig Ram, Raid 1. Roughly 15-20 users Problem 1: Outlook will hang for no apparent reason, causing the user session to come to a standstill. If I end the outlook.exe process for that user, the session speeds right back up. The only way to correct this, is to have the user log off and then back on. Problem 2: User will be composing e-mail and then cli...

Bill of Materials #3
Good evening, I have a doubt in the natural proces of Manufacturing module in GP in the product cost, i follow the process in the next way: 1.- Setup the bill of materials and the item 2.- Setup Standard Cost 3.- Define Units of Measure 4.- Setup the cost of the list of material and the item 5.- Setup the bill of materials of the finish product 6.- Finally run the process of the cost of the product The result most be the cost of the finish product, we can verify it in the bill of materials or in the form of maintainance material inquiry or in the form of change the standard cost, and doesn...