Advanced payment in PA.

Hi,

Anyone knows how can I enter an advanced payment for customer before
begining a project? In our country this kind of project is tipical.. When
company and customer are agree, customer give an advaced payment like first
payment and this payment is invoiced (this is a legal requirement) an when
project is finished, customer pay only the difference: Total Project -
Advanced Payment. This is another invoice.

This is possible using PA?? How can do that??

Thanks.
0
Evelin (1)

Yes, you can create a Fee Type = Retainer. Add it to the Project with the
correct value. Bill it and collect it even though you have not yet begun the
project.
It will not affect the Project Amount but it can be applied to the project
amounts later incurred in lieu additional billings
Santa

"Ana Evelin" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Anyone knows how can I enter an advanced payment for customer before
> begining a project? In our country this kind of project is tipical.. When
> company and customer are agree, customer give an advaced payment like first
> payment and this payment is invoiced (this is a legal requirement) an when
> project is finished, customer pay only the difference: Total Project -
> Advanced Payment. This is another invoice.
>
> This is possible using PA?? How can do that??
>
> Thanks.
0
Santa1 (57)

Advance Find in Activities Histories
I asked this a while back but the answer did not work, and perhaps it was that I was not clear in my description of the problem, so I will try again. I have just converted activities from 20,000 clients from Goldmine into CRM 1.2. Most of these contacts/accounts have numerous activities which we have converted to historical activities on the Activities/History Tab. When you open an Account, go to Activities, then the History tab, all the activities display. I can click on the Type title to sort them and use the page -> to move between the pages and pages of activities. In some cas...

How to express Between Queries in advanced find
Hi, I need to express queries such as: <entity>.<startDate> <= Today && <entity>.<endDate> >= Today Any ideas? Regards -- Dimitris ------=_NextPart_0001_087C1335 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <DFoukas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need to express queries such as: > > <entity>.<startDate> <= Today && > <entity>.<endDate> >= Today Queries in Advanced Find are, by default, AND queries unless you change it to OR. So you'd just do this by putting in ...

Transaction Date for online payments
When I enter a future date for an epay, Money changes it to the earliest possible pay date. I want the date to remain the exact date I entered. For example, I plan to make a deposit on the First, and want to schedule an epay for the 3rd. I enter the transaction on the 25th of the previous month with a "pay date" of the 3rd. As soon as I Submit the payment, the date changes to the 30th, but I haven't made the deposit yet. I want Money to show the 3rd in the transaction register. I know this can be done with a setting, but I can't find where to set it in Money 2...

Advanced Conditional Formatting and Changing Cell Colours
I have three basic (for programmers) conditional formatting problems to solve in Excel for which I require some help. These are the last 3 conditions I need to complete for the worksheet so any help will be really appreciated. They are as follows: 1. If cell Y2 is > 0 and cell Z2 = 0 I need to change the colour of cell Z2 2. If cell Y2 or cell AA2 > 0 and cells V2, W2, or X2 = the value "Z" I need to change the colour of the cell containing "Z" (V2, W2 or X2). If changing the colour of only the single cell containing "Z" cannot be done, I guess changing t...

PA temp tables not found
Running version 9 with latest service packs. Trying to export any of my modified PA reports and am getting errors on all of them: PA_Billing_DTL_Temp table not found, PA_Billing_HDR_TEMP not found, plus other TEMP tables not found. These reports were printing fine last week, but now none of them work. What happened to the PA temp tables? ...

Advanced Optimization Options
are 'Advanced Optimization' Options Inherited? like I have a app in which I have set these options and in it I am using 3rd party control of which I don't have source code nor do i know if they are using any of these options. so if I set some advanced optimization options will those also apply to that control? "Abhishek" <user@server.com> wrote in message news:i5j779$n6h$1@speranza.aioe.org... > are 'Advanced Optimization' Options Inherited? No. "Abhishek" <user@server.com> wrote > are 'Advanced O...

CRM should let me decouple conditional statements in Advanced Find
We have set up a number of saved searches in CRM 3.0 that users would like to use Save As to create a copy and then add search terms to. Unfortunately, CRM 3.0 does not allow you to decouple conditional statements once the search has been saved. In order to add an AND condition, this feature is required. -- Thanks, Justin ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the...

Advanced Security Headaches
I am having so many problems with this and unfortunately, on version 8, it is almost impossible to setup a lot of classes using the standard GP user class setup without pulling your hair out (and can't get access to certain things like business alert setup etc). I created a brand new user class using user class setup with no restrictions. Assigned user to class. Ran receivables integration with no errors. I then modified the user class using adv security to remove all windows within tools > setup, routines and utilities. Re-ran the integration and now get error "Unknown GP...

Can you search through Purchase orders by item Can you search by more than just the start of the lookup code? (ie search for all things red?) ...

Outlook 2000
Here is what i am doing. ' Right click on a mail folder, click "Advanced Find", enter some search words that you know will return results, click the "Find Now" button. It will produce some results. click the "Find Now" button" again. and there are no results. (empties previous results). I am using outlook 2000. ...

Multicurrency Payments and Apply
The freqency of the following transaction is growing much faster, in the current business requirement. 1. Let Functional Currency be AED 2. Create Invoice in USD 3. Make Payment in GBP 4. Currently payment cannot be matched with invoice because payment was neither in functional currency nor originating currency of invoice. Solution to this may be highly appreciated with competitive edge ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message p...

Advanced macro
Slightly complicated question - I'll explain as best as I can. I have two sheets in a file, one is the weekly sales (all data on one line) and the other is the previous weeks sales which have been hard coded (1st week on line 1, 2nd week on line two...52nd week on line 52). I want the weekly sales sheet to remain the same as it has links into another report. What I need is a macro to copy the line of data from the weekly sheet into the relevant weeks line on the previous weeks sheet. I can only create macro's that take the data from the weekly sheet and enters it into a specifi...

Advanced Find Queries
Can anyone give me a solution to the following problem we are having... I want to do an advanced find on all our active accounts and not include the billing accounts. Our billing accounts begin with an asterik (*). So when writing the query, if I try and tell it to give me the accounts that don't begin with an *, it results in nothing. Besides changing the character to something else other than an *, is there a way around this? Wendy, The asterisk (*) is the CRM "wildcard" character. I'm thinking that when you search for this character, CRM may interpret this to me...

Slide advancement
Hi. I am running into problems with projecting my PPT show. The show runs just fine on my computer, but when I hook it up to a projector, it will display the first slide on the screen, briefly show the second slide and then revert back to the first slide. I cannot advance past the first slide. I've tried two different projectors so I figured it's either a computer or powerpoint issue. I have PowerPoint 2007. On 12/8/09 12:26 PM, in article 2154D43D-F7C5-4C81-B402-EDB545CC47A4@microsoft.com, "Worker Bee" <WorkerBee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

Advanced Financial Report Calculated Field
I am customizing a P & L for a client using AFA and I am trying to do a simple subtraction between rows but it's been a while since I have had to use AFA and can't remember how I can do a simple row calculation without using a User-Defined Column. I just want to calculate the Net Income (Income - COGS) and I tried the TOTAL Row type, but the only function type available with the TOTAL field is addition. Can someone guide me in the right direction with Calculated Rows in AFA? My AFA is rusty but isn't "Income" a credit balance and "COGS" a debit b...

Query by receivables payment to show how applied
I'd like to construct a query to show how receivables payments were applied. Basically it needs to do the same thing as the Apply to Debits window (which doesn't have a print option). Since payments could be in either the open or history tables, how can I query against both in a single query? Thanks. -- Jim@TurboChef ------=_NextPart_0001_137F2AE4 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello Jim, I understand you want a report that is equivalent to the Applied to Debit window. Unfortunately, there is not currently a report or SmartList that has this infor...

payment methods for customers
Some clients track sales for their customers even if the customer pays by other methods than on account. If one of these customers becomes a credit issue - the client still wants to track the purchases history but wants to make the account either cash only cash and check only cash, check or credit card only Currently, you cannot do this with RMS. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, fol...

Advanced SQL Query and Advanced Find
I need to add contacts to a marketing list based on an advanced SQL query, Advanced find does not offer the proper fields and joins. Is there an easy way to run the query outside of CRM and then somehow get the contacts into the marketing list? Create a Query using the "FilteredContact" view in CRM, it offers all the fields you need. Furthermore, in order to create marketing list against your query i suggest you do it using the webservice API. If you need help working with the API feel free to contact me at anytime I can certainly help you. Oshri Cohen Web: http://mymscrm3.blogs...

I need a loan calculator that you can plug in the payment amount
does anyone have one? Go to MS Office site and download an excel template -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "payment amount loan calculator" <payment amount loan calculator@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9E40C9B-3F8E-4D54-9AB8-414BBB971E61@microsoft.com... > does anyone have one? I can't find a template that you can plug the payment amount as a fixed amount and then ihave it calculate the number of payments or the interest rate...Have you seen one of those? Ann "Peo Sjoblom" wrote: > Go to MS Office site and download an excel template...

Double Payment
Customer double paid on an invoice. I now have the credit sitting in the customer's account. We issued a return of the amount overpaid via charge card. How do reverse the original payment creating a debit memo to wash the customer's credit and have a negative amount in the Bank Deposit Entry module? One way to do this (if you don't have the customer refund module) is create a debit memo for the customer and apply to the over payment. Then enter a Bank Transaction to deduct that amount from your checkbook. The Deposit Entry module will be off by the amount of the Bank Tr...

Advanced Financial
If I make a report in Advanced Financials - can it be exported out to excel where it will actually be useful to somebody? you can set the destination to file and the format as either tab delimited or comma delimited. These files can be opened through Excel. I just don't know how the format/layout would look like. hope this helps. Rheiner "modonnel@knight.com" wrote: > If I make a report in Advanced Financials - can it be exported out to excel > where it will actually be useful to somebody? Hi modonnel, The short answer is no. Why don't you us...

Named dynamic range, COUNTIF, and advanced filter
Hi This is a bit convoluted. Pls bear with me. I have a table of survey data, like this user date question1 question2 user1 1/1/01 excellent good user2 1/2/02 fair good user3 5/4/03 poor fair I have a cell with =counta formula that keeps track of the # of rows in the table. I define a dynamic named range for each question column, using an =offset formula in conjunction with the counta formula above. I have a separate table that tabulates the results, like this excellent good fair poor question1 1 0 1 1 question2 0 2...

Advanced Find Add-on
We have MS CRM 3.0. As you know the advanced find does not display columns from related entities. Do you know any reliable add-on which does this job ? Thanx! On 9 =C1=D0=D2, 16:07, George <Geo...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We have MS CRM 3.0. As you know the advanced find does not display columns= > from related entities. Do you know any reliable add-on which does this job= ? > > Thanx! Microsoft 4.0 allow to display in views colums from related entities. Recently we installed 3.0, so we are not thinking for now at least to go for 4.0 "bilyin@gmail.com...

Advanced Budget
I am using the Advanced Budget feature of Money 2006. What I would like to do is count a transaction that cleared the end of last month in the current month's budget. (Scenario is that we bought groceries the end of last month that count against this month's budget.) We get paid once a month at the end of each month. Any advice on managing this is appreciated! ...

advanced shortcut
Hi, Is there a way to create a shortcut that would take me all the way to: Tools>Letters and Mailings>Envelopes and Labels...>Labels>Options>Details ? Thank you! I can get the following macro to work by assigning a toolbar button to it, but for some reason it stops at the Envelopes and Labels dialog when I assign a keyboard shortcut. Sub LabelOptionDetails() SendKeys "%L%O%D" Dialogs(wdDialogToolsEnvelopesAndLabels).Show End Sub -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledge...