Advanced Lookups

Is there any way to make an advanced lookup the default lookup?  so you don't
have to always choose that option when doing a lookup?

Thanks for any help.

Tracey D

Advanced lookups ARE the default unless you've done something to make it now
so.  There isn't any way to "choose" the option when doing a lookup that I
know of unless you have some type of customization (easy to do) that would
give the user an option.

patrick
dev support

"Tracey D" <TraceyD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there any way to make an advanced lookup the default lookup?  so you
> don't
> have to always choose that option when doing a lookup?
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Tracey D

0
Patrick
11/13/2009 3:14:39 AM
I created an advanced lookup, then when I went to the module and clicked on
the looking glass I had to choose view options and the advanced sort that I
had set up, it didn't automatically sort the way I set up advanced to sort.

Tracey D

You could look at SmartSort at www.ethotech.com

Free!

--
Tim Foster

"Tracey D" wrote:

> Is there any way to make an advanced lookup the default lookup?  so you don't
> have to always choose that option when doing a lookup?
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Tracey D
I second Tim's suggestion. SmartSort is an awesome product, I have it at
several sites and they all love it!

Leslie

"Tim Foster" wrote:

> You could look at SmartSort at www.ethotech.com
>
> Free!
>
> --
> Tim Foster
>

> "Tracey D" wrote:
>
> > Is there any way to make an advanced lookup the default lookup?  so you don't
> > have to always choose that option when doing a lookup?
> >
> > Thanks for any help.
> >
> > Tracey D
No, I don't believe that you did create an "advanced lookup".  Advanced
Lookups are the alternate lookup window itself in Smartlist.  You might have
created an additional sort in smartlist by choosing the smartlist and
choosing columns to make an additional sort.  But you didn't create an
advanced lookup.

By doing so, this doesn't make that sort the default, it just makes it an
option to be selected.

>I created an advanced lookup, then when I went to the module and clicked on
> the looking glass I had to choose view options and the advanced sort that
> had set up, it didn't automatically sort the way I set up advanced to
> sort.
>
> Tracey D
>
> "Patrick [MSFT]" wrote:
>
>> Advanced lookups ARE the default unless you've done something to make it
>> now
>> so.  There isn't any way to "choose" the option when doing a lookup that
>> know of unless you have some type of customization (easy to do) that
>> would
>> give the user an option.
>>
>> patrick
>> dev support
>>
>> --
>> rights.
>>

>> "Tracey D" <TraceyD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Is there any way to make an advanced lookup the default lookup?  so you
>> > don't
>> > have to always choose that option when doing a lookup?
>> >
>> > Thanks for any help.
>> >
>> > Tracey D
>>

>> .

0
Patrick
11/14/2009 4:03:51 AM
So Patrick,

I went into Company->Advanced Lookups.  I selected Item and selected as the
first sort Cost of Goods Sold!

I shows up on the Additional Sorts menu not as the default lookup.  I even
restarted GP.  If this is supposed to work the way you suggest, I too need to
know how to make that happen.

I used V10 sp 4

--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"Patrick [MSFT]" wrote:

> No, I don't believe that you did create an "advanced lookup".  Advanced
> Lookups are the alternate lookup window itself in Smartlist.  You might have
> created an additional sort in smartlist by choosing the smartlist and
> choosing columns to make an additional sort.  But you didn't create an
> advanced lookup.
>
> By doing so, this doesn't make that sort the default, it just makes it an
> option to be selected.
>
> patrick
> dev support

> "Tracey D" <TraceyD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I created an advanced lookup, then when I went to the module and clicked on
> > the looking glass I had to choose view options and the advanced sort that
> > had set up, it didn't automatically sort the way I set up advanced to
> > sort.
> >
> > Tracey D
> >
> > "Patrick [MSFT]" wrote:
> >
> >> Advanced lookups ARE the default unless you've done something to make it
> >> now
> >> so.  There isn't any way to "choose" the option when doing a lookup that
> >> know of unless you have some type of customization (easy to do) that
> >> would
> >> give the user an option.
> >>
> >> patrick
> >> dev support
> >>
> >> --
> >> rights.
> >>

> >> "Tracey D" <TraceyD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> .
> >>

> .

I didn't mean to insinuate that adding this custom sort would make it the
default sort for the window.

What I meant to say (but not clearly) was that in the lookup (the Items
lookup in your case) window you click on the BDL and in the list you see
Additional Sorts and your sort will show there "to be selected".

Advanced Lookups don't provide any kind of mechanism to allow the user to
default or remember the last sort on the lookups.  I had heard that 11.0
might incorporate it but perhaps not as I can't say I've seen it on any
"what's new" lists.

patrick
dev support

"Richard Whaley -- MVP 2006-2008" <info@AccoladePublications.com> wrote in
message news:ACCC5C4C-E080-4F60-A5C1-97A8167D823D@microsoft.com...
> So Patrick,
>
> I went into Company->Advanced Lookups.  I selected Item and selected as
> the
> first sort Cost of Goods Sold!
>
> I shows up on the Additional Sorts menu not as the default lookup.  I even
> restarted GP.  If this is supposed to work the way you suggest, I too need
> know how to make that happen.
>
> I used V10 sp 4
>
> --
> Richard L. Whaley
> Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008
> Documentation for Software Users

> http://www.AccoladePublications.com
>

> "Patrick [MSFT]" wrote:
>
>> No, I don't believe that you did create an "advanced lookup".  Advanced
>> Lookups are the alternate lookup window itself in Smartlist.  You might
>> have
>> created an additional sort in smartlist by choosing the smartlist and
>> choosing columns to make an additional sort.  But you didn't create an
>> advanced lookup.
>>
>> By doing so, this doesn't make that sort the default, it just makes it an
>> option to be selected.
>>
>> patrick
>> dev support
>>
>> --
>> rights.
>>

>> "Tracey D" <TraceyD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I created an advanced lookup, then when I went to the module and clicked
>> >on
>> > the looking glass I had to choose view options and the advanced sort
>> > that
>> > had set up, it didn't automatically sort the way I set up advanced to
>> > sort.
>> >
>> > Tracey D

>> .

0
Patrick

Advance Find in Activities Histories
I asked this a while back but the answer did not work, and perhaps it was that I was not clear in my description of the problem, so I will try again. I have just converted activities from 20,000 clients from Goldmine into CRM 1.2. Most of these contacts/accounts have numerous activities which we have converted to historical activities on the Activities/History Tab. When you open an Account, go to Activities, then the History tab, all the activities display. I can click on the Type title to sort them and use the page -> to move between the pages and pages of activities. In some cas...

How to express Between Queries in advanced find
Hi, I need to express queries such as: <entity>.<startDate> <= Today && <entity>.<endDate> >= Today Any ideas? Regards -- Dimitris ------=_NextPart_0001_087C1335 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <DFoukas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need to express queries such as: > > <entity>.<startDate> <= Today && > <entity>.<endDate> >= Today Queries in Advanced Find are, by default, AND queries unless you change it to OR. So you'd just do this by putting in ...

LOOKUP but with 2 parameters ?
Hi, on sheet2, i have the following table col1 col2 col3 A 1 10 A 2 11 B 1 20 B 2 25 C 1 30 C 2 32 .... on sheet1, i have the following table col1 col2 col3 A 2 B 1 A 1 C 1 i would like in col3 the result of the search...something like research on sheet 2 the couple sheet1:col1 and sheet1:col2 if found sheet1:col3 = result of research this exist vis LOOKUP function, but it does not allow a research based on 2 parameter... how can i do it ? thanks a lot for help Maileen You can use this kind of syntax: =index(othersheet!$c$1:$c$100, match(1,(a2=othersheet!$a$1:$a$100)*(b2=othershee...

Using lookup to copy values from a master to client worksheet
If I have a columns of data in a spreadsheet with, say, a name in the fist column, is it possible to create 'client' spreadsheets which contain only rows with a particular name ? So the 'Master' sheet has many rows for each name but the 'client' sheet has only entries for a particular name ? Any help or pointers much appreciated. Thanks Hi I would use 'Data - filter - Advanced Filter' for this -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Malcolm Hind" <m.hindNOSPAM@btinternet.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Xns9575A1D6B766MalHind@67.98.68....

Advanced Conditional Formatting and Changing Cell Colours
I have three basic (for programmers) conditional formatting problems to solve in Excel for which I require some help. These are the last 3 conditions I need to complete for the worksheet so any help will be really appreciated. They are as follows: 1. If cell Y2 is > 0 and cell Z2 = 0 I need to change the colour of cell Z2 2. If cell Y2 or cell AA2 > 0 and cells V2, W2, or X2 = the value "Z" I need to change the colour of the cell containing "Z" (V2, W2 or X2). If changing the colour of only the single cell containing "Z" cannot be done, I guess changing t...

Advanced Optimization Options
are 'Advanced Optimization' Options Inherited? like I have a app in which I have set these options and in it I am using 3rd party control of which I don't have source code nor do i know if they are using any of these options. so if I set some advanced optimization options will those also apply to that control? "Abhishek" <user@server.com> wrote in message news:i5j779$n6h$1@speranza.aioe.org... > are 'Advanced Optimization' Options Inherited? No. "Abhishek" <user@server.com> wrote > are 'Advanced O...

CRM should let me decouple conditional statements in Advanced Find
We have set up a number of saved searches in CRM 3.0 that users would like to use Save As to create a copy and then add search terms to. Unfortunately, CRM 3.0 does not allow you to decouple conditional statements once the search has been saved. In order to add an AND condition, this feature is required. -- Thanks, Justin ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the...

Advanced Security Headaches
I am having so many problems with this and unfortunately, on version 8, it is almost impossible to setup a lot of classes using the standard GP user class setup without pulling your hair out (and can't get access to certain things like business alert setup etc). I created a brand new user class using user class setup with no restrictions. Assigned user to class. Ran receivables integration with no errors. I then modified the user class using adv security to remove all windows within tools > setup, routines and utilities. Re-ran the integration and now get error "Unknown GP...

LOOKUP CONTROL ERROR: Could Not Determine TypeName for Type=2020
Hello NG. I get an error message (LOOKUP CONTROL ERROR: Could Not Determine TypeName for Type=2020) when I assign a queue to an activity by using the form assistant. After clicking OK everything works fine but how can I switch off the error message. Thanks Hi! Is this in relation to any custom entities, the creation/removal of any of this? Have you tried to resave and republish the form of the entity? Gustaf Westerlund http://www.gustafwesterlund.blogspot.com/ "Ulf Unger" wrote: > Hello NG. > > I get an error message (LOOKUP CONTROL ERROR: Could Not Determine ...

Can you search through Purchase orders by item Can you search by more than just the start of the lookup code? (ie search for all things red?) ...

Outlook 2000
Here is what i am doing. ' Right click on a mail folder, click "Advanced Find", enter some search words that you know will return results, click the "Find Now" button. It will produce some results. click the "Find Now" button" again. and there are no results. (empties previous results). I am using outlook 2000. ...

Advanced macro
Slightly complicated question - I'll explain as best as I can. I have two sheets in a file, one is the weekly sales (all data on one line) and the other is the previous weeks sales which have been hard coded (1st week on line 1, 2nd week on line two...52nd week on line 52). I want the weekly sales sheet to remain the same as it has links into another report. What I need is a macro to copy the line of data from the weekly sheet into the relevant weeks line on the previous weeks sheet. I can only create macro's that take the data from the weekly sheet and enters it into a specifi...

Looking up a lookup
Hello, It so happens that I have fields that lookup a field in another table. One or more of the columns I want to display when the user uses the combo box is itself a lookup. The higher level lookup only displays the key from the low level lookup. Err, here's an example. Table A lists regions we work in, with other region related data. Table B lists Sales products that are available in each region (the region field looks up Table A) Table C lists package deals, so it looks up Table B, and I want to include the listed region, so the user can be sure it's the right deal for th...

Advanced Find Queries
Can anyone give me a solution to the following problem we are having... I want to do an advanced find on all our active accounts and not include the billing accounts. Our billing accounts begin with an asterik (*). So when writing the query, if I try and tell it to give me the accounts that don't begin with an *, it results in nothing. Besides changing the character to something else other than an *, is there a way around this? Wendy, The asterisk (*) is the CRM "wildcard" character. I'm thinking that when you search for this character, CRM may interpret this to me...

Lookup selective from another sheet
Assume I have one sheet as below. How can I create a new sheet and display only those entrys that are greater than a entered value. i.e main sheet abc 2 def 5 ghi 6 jkl 5 fgh 3 krk 4 on second sheet, if 4 is entered only entrys >4 are shown. i.e def 5 ghi 6 jkl 5 krk 4 Try something like this: C1=IF(VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!A$1:B$4,2,FALSE)>Sheet1!B1,VLOOKUP(Sheet2!A$1:B$4,2,FALSE),NA()) Your main sheet is A1-b6 and Sheet 2 is A1:B4 "Jim" <Jim Forrest@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:WBb4f.34203$U9.12412@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk... > Assume...

Slide advancement
Hi. I am running into problems with projecting my PPT show. The show runs just fine on my computer, but when I hook it up to a projector, it will display the first slide on the screen, briefly show the second slide and then revert back to the first slide. I cannot advance past the first slide. I've tried two different projectors so I figured it's either a computer or powerpoint issue. I have PowerPoint 2007. On 12/8/09 12:26 PM, in article 2154D43D-F7C5-4C81-B402-EDB545CC47A4@microsoft.com, "Worker Bee" <WorkerBee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

data lookup #2
What is the appropriate function to find data at the intersection of columns and rows? I've used VLOOKUP tables where I renamed cells in the left column, but never in the top row also. Would this work, and how would I write the formula so that the proper data is returned? Thanks. Jane with the item to row match in A1, the item to column match in B1, and a table that is D6:G9 (row names in C6:C9, column headers in D5:G5 then =OFFSET($C$5,MATCH(A1,$C$6:$C$9,0),MATCH(B1,$D$5:$G$5,0)) should look up for you QUOTE=Amazon]What is the appropriate function to find data at the intersect...

Advanced Financial Report Calculated Field
I am customizing a P & L for a client using AFA and I am trying to do a simple subtraction between rows but it's been a while since I have had to use AFA and can't remember how I can do a simple row calculation without using a User-Defined Column. I just want to calculate the Net Income (Income - COGS) and I tried the TOTAL Row type, but the only function type available with the TOTAL field is addition. Can someone guide me in the right direction with Calculated Rows in AFA? My AFA is rusty but isn't "Income" a credit balance and "COGS" a debit b...

Summing LOOKUP values
I am pulling info from one sheet and putting it in another, via a macro I am using the lookup funtion to get three values of data from separat worksheets. I then put those three values on a new worksheet and woul like to sum them. Unfortunitely, the values do not sum. A way that works would be to do paste-special values only, but I do not know how to do that via marco. Any suggestions? Thanks, Mik -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com i got the following after recording a macro (the first place to look fo solutions): Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Operation:=x...

Advanced SQL Query and Advanced Find
I need to add contacts to a marketing list based on an advanced SQL query, Advanced find does not offer the proper fields and joins. Is there an easy way to run the query outside of CRM and then somehow get the contacts into the marketing list? Create a Query using the "FilteredContact" view in CRM, it offers all the fields you need. Furthermore, in order to create marketing list against your query i suggest you do it using the webservice API. If you need help working with the API feel free to contact me at anytime I can certainly help you. Oshri Cohen Web: http://mymscrm3.blogs...

Advanced Financial
If I make a report in Advanced Financials - can it be exported out to excel where it will actually be useful to somebody? you can set the destination to file and the format as either tab delimited or comma delimited. These files can be opened through Excel. I just don't know how the format/layout would look like. hope this helps. Rheiner "modonnel@knight.com" wrote: > If I make a report in Advanced Financials - can it be exported out to excel > where it will actually be useful to somebody? Hi modonnel, The short answer is no. Why don't you us...

Named dynamic range, COUNTIF, and advanced filter
Hi This is a bit convoluted. Pls bear with me. I have a table of survey data, like this user date question1 question2 user1 1/1/01 excellent good user2 1/2/02 fair good user3 5/4/03 poor fair I have a cell with =counta formula that keeps track of the # of rows in the table. I define a dynamic named range for each question column, using an =offset formula in conjunction with the counta formula above. I have a separate table that tabulates the results, like this excellent good fair poor question1 1 0 1 1 question2 0 2...

Reverse lookup rejecting mail
We run Exchange 5.5, have a T1 connection through uuNet (worldcom or whatever they are called now), and we do not host our web site. Every once in a while a user will get an e-mail rejected with the error message (or similar) : 554 <xx.xxx.xx.xxx>: Connection rejected: reverse DNS lookup failed. (The IP listed is our server's IP) I don't really understand what this means. I assume it has something to do with the fact that our domain name resolves to the hosting site rather than to our server and the recipients e-mail server is rejection the message as spam or bogus. Is that a ...

Advanced Find Add-on
We have MS CRM 3.0. As you know the advanced find does not display columns from related entities. Do you know any reliable add-on which does this job ? Thanx! On 9 =C1=D0=D2, 16:07, George <Geo...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We have MS CRM 3.0. As you know the advanced find does not display columns= > from related entities. Do you know any reliable add-on which does this job= ? > > Thanx! Microsoft 4.0 allow to display in views colums from related entities. Recently we installed 3.0, so we are not thinking for now at least to go for 4.0 "bilyin@gmail.com...

Advanced Budget
I am using the Advanced Budget feature of Money 2006. What I would like to do is count a transaction that cleared the end of last month in the current month's budget. (Scenario is that we bought groceries the end of last month that count against this month's budget.) We get paid once a month at the end of each month. Any advice on managing this is appreciated! ...