Advanced Lookups setup should let me exclude inactive records

Advanced Lookups setup should let me exclude inactive accounts, customers,
vendors and employees as well as discontinued items. There should be an
option in the lookup windows to include these inactive/ discontinued master
records if desired.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=59d36302-e816-4166-af3a-25c080134e54&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
Wyatt (13)

Advance Find in Activities Histories
I asked this a while back but the answer did not work, and perhaps it was that I was not clear in my description of the problem, so I will try again. I have just converted activities from 20,000 clients from Goldmine into CRM 1.2. Most of these contacts/accounts have numerous activities which we have converted to historical activities on the Activities/History Tab. When you open an Account, go to Activities, then the History tab, all the activities display. I can click on the Type title to sort them and use the page -> to move between the pages and pages of activities. In some cas...

Export Filemaker 7 Data Record into Excel Template
Any suggestions on sending a single Filemaker 7 record into a highly formatted excel template with calculations. I can send the data to access and MSQuery the record, but I am talking about 200 fields located all over the sheet. Any help appreciated. Thanks ...

Setup Multipule keys in a Table
Having problem creating multipule key fields in a table. Need Account#,Date,Amount fields to be considered as one key field. When I try to set up, get error key contains null value or duplicate. Data can have null values and duplicates if considered individually but if all three are treated as one, there are no dups but could have some blank values. Once I have unique key field, I need to update with additional records by importing another text file. You can't use an index as a primary key if any of the fields are Null, but you can still create a unique index on those fields. While th...

Profile Setup
I am setting up 9 profiles in outlook all connecting to exchange server. When any user picks their profile, they can see and navigate around the mailbox before they enter their password. How can I make it where the mailbox is not visible until the password for the exchange server is entered? "Camatpremier" <Camatpremier@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07ACF1CF-1A1A-40C8-BDC1-EAB9EB1C3F68@microsoft.com... >I am setting up 9 profiles in outlook all connecting to exchange server. When > any user picks their profile, they can see and navigate ar...

How to express Between Queries in advanced find
Hi, I need to express queries such as: <entity>.<startDate> <= Today && <entity>.<endDate> >= Today Any ideas? Regards -- Dimitris ------=_NextPart_0001_087C1335 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <DFoukas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need to express queries such as: > > <entity>.<startDate> <= Today && > <entity>.<endDate> >= Today Queries in Advanced Find are, by default, AND queries unless you change it to OR. So you'd just do this by putting in ...

LOOKUP but with 2 parameters ?
Hi, on sheet2, i have the following table col1 col2 col3 A 1 10 A 2 11 B 1 20 B 2 25 C 1 30 C 2 32 .... on sheet1, i have the following table col1 col2 col3 A 2 B 1 A 1 C 1 i would like in col3 the result of the search...something like research on sheet 2 the couple sheet1:col1 and sheet1:col2 if found sheet1:col3 = result of research this exist vis LOOKUP function, but it does not allow a research based on 2 parameter... how can i do it ? thanks a lot for help Maileen You can use this kind of syntax: =index(othersheet!$c$1:$c$100, match(1,(a2=othersheet!$a$1:$a$100)*(b2=othershee...

security setup for user class copied to another company
We have 3 companies in GP- version 9 - we have a user class set up and want to copy the security settings to the other companies. I was told it could be done through advanced security - is that correct? Do we use the import/export function? Thanks. User Classes are a system wide setting. Once you assign the user to the class, and grant the user access to a company, their security will follow them to that company. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.bl...

MX Record??
Email is not being delivered from the front end server to the back end server (both Ex2003). I do not have a firewall between the two until this issue is resolved. The domain name is company.com and i am using mail1.company.com as the @ email address (i.e. joeuser@mail1.company.com) until we are ready to transition everyone over to Exchange 2003. Internal email sends and receives fine - email from the internet just doesnt get delivered-- just sits in the Queue on the frontend server. 1. Do i need to enter a PUBLIC MX and A records in public DNS for mail1.company.com ? 2. Do i need to e...

Preview doesn't open current record
I have the basic details of our invoices (which are reports) displayed on a continuous form i.e. date, number, customer, amount. At the end of each row I have a button so that we can open the form on which the invoice was created, to modify it. That works fine, it opens the selected invoice. I also have a button that should open a preview of the selected invoice (rpt). However, I can't get this to fire the correct record - it insists on opening the last (most recently created) invoice, no matter on which line the record selector may be. This is the code I am using on the Click event ...

Outlook Setup #5
How do i set up my outlook account so that it runs along side my msn, ie. all of the server info etc. ...

Using lookup to copy values from a master to client worksheet
If I have a columns of data in a spreadsheet with, say, a name in the fist column, is it possible to create 'client' spreadsheets which contain only rows with a particular name ? So the 'Master' sheet has many rows for each name but the 'client' sheet has only entries for a particular name ? Any help or pointers much appreciated. Thanks Hi I would use 'Data - filter - Advanced Filter' for this -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Malcolm Hind" <m.hindNOSPAM@btinternet.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Xns9575A1D6B766MalHind@67.98.68....

Advanced Conditional Formatting and Changing Cell Colours
I have three basic (for programmers) conditional formatting problems to solve in Excel for which I require some help. These are the last 3 conditions I need to complete for the worksheet so any help will be really appreciated. They are as follows: 1. If cell Y2 is > 0 and cell Z2 = 0 I need to change the colour of cell Z2 2. If cell Y2 or cell AA2 > 0 and cells V2, W2, or X2 = the value "Z" I need to change the colour of the cell containing "Z" (V2, W2 or X2). If changing the colour of only the single cell containing "Z" cannot be done, I guess changing t...

Problems adding new record from form / subform
I have a table (tPNos) containing Project info. The ProjectNo is a text field because we have sub-projects with descriptive suffixes (e.g. 1400, 1400-01, 1400os). The first 4 digits are always numeric and equate to a BasePno. I also have an auto-number PNumId field, that I use to link to other tables. I have a form based on tPNos, with a sub form on the left that has a list of all the ProjectNos & descriptions. As the user moves up & down the list, I use the OnCurrent event to filter to the appropriate record in the main form – so the form fields fill in correctly....

Advanced Optimization Options
are 'Advanced Optimization' Options Inherited? like I have a app in which I have set these options and in it I am using 3rd party control of which I don't have source code nor do i know if they are using any of these options. so if I set some advanced optimization options will those also apply to that control? "Abhishek" <user@server.com> wrote in message news:i5j779$n6h$1@speranza.aioe.org... > are 'Advanced Optimization' Options Inherited? No. "Abhishek" <user@server.com> wrote > are 'Advanced O...

all affiliated records
Can someone explain to me what this view returns? When I'm on an Account and look at its Opportunities I understand the "This record only" and "Related 'Regarding' Records" views. It's the 3rd one "All Associated Records" that I can't figure out. More specifically, I'm looking to see if I create Account to Account relationships using the Relationship menu item on the left and have opportunities "rollup" when I click on the Opportunities menu item. I was thinking/hoping the All Associated Records view would do that, but i...

Show complete record in continuous forms
I have had the same issue for a while but don't know if there can be anything done about it. Continous forms have a sloppy look when when you have too many records to show on one page. Is there any kind of coding that can be done to give functionality like a report has where records stay together. I know reports and forms are apples and oranges but just wondering if there is a way to give a form a better look and not show half of a record at the bottom when it is opened up. I'm guessing not but if there are any ideas... Thanks. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonst...

CRM should let me decouple conditional statements in Advanced Find
We have set up a number of saved searches in CRM 3.0 that users would like to use Save As to create a copy and then add search terms to. Unfortunately, CRM 3.0 does not allow you to decouple conditional statements once the search has been saved. In order to add an AND condition, this feature is required. -- Thanks, Justin ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the...

Advanced Security Headaches
I am having so many problems with this and unfortunately, on version 8, it is almost impossible to setup a lot of classes using the standard GP user class setup without pulling your hair out (and can't get access to certain things like business alert setup etc). I created a brand new user class using user class setup with no restrictions. Assigned user to class. Ran receivables integration with no errors. I then modified the user class using adv security to remove all windows within tools > setup, routines and utilities. Re-ran the integration and now get error "Unknown GP...

LOOKUP CONTROL ERROR: Could Not Determine TypeName for Type=2020
Hello NG. I get an error message (LOOKUP CONTROL ERROR: Could Not Determine TypeName for Type=2020) when I assign a queue to an activity by using the form assistant. After clicking OK everything works fine but how can I switch off the error message. Thanks Hi! Is this in relation to any custom entities, the creation/removal of any of this? Have you tried to resave and republish the form of the entity? Gustaf Westerlund http://www.gustafwesterlund.blogspot.com/ "Ulf Unger" wrote: > Hello NG. > > I get an error message (LOOKUP CONTROL ERROR: Could Not Determine ...

Can you search through Purchase orders by item Can you search by more than just the start of the lookup code? (ie search for all things red?) ...

Delete record using vba
I have a table whose primary key is text (length 50). I need to programmatically delete one record. What is the best way, just use DoCmd.RunSQL or is there a better way? I know the PK. -- Len ______________________________________________________ remove nothing for valid email address. Hi Len, ..Len B schrieb: > I have a table whose primary key is text (length 50). > I need to programmatically delete one record. > > What is the best way, just use DoCmd.RunSQL or is there > a better way? I know the PK. i would use CurrentDb.Execute "DELETE * FR...

Record-specific calculated text box
I have a text box in the detail section of a form, whose control source is a hidden combo-box that queries a table not included in the form's record source. It queries that table using the primary key from the form's record set which is linked to that table. Requerying cboHidden requeries ALL instances of cboHidden, and then the text box for ALL records updates to an identical value, I assume because cboHidden refers to every instance of it on the form, not just the one specific to that record. How do I change the behavior such that these behave locally to that record? Thanks,...

Outlook 2000
Here is what i am doing. ' Right click on a mail folder, click "Advanced Find", enter some search words that you know will return results, click the "Find Now" button. It will produce some results. click the "Find Now" button" again. and there are no results. (empties previous results). I am using outlook 2000. ...

Place Supplier on Hold / Inactive
Accounting has requested that we prevent stores from ordering from a certain group of suppliers. Is there a toggle to make a supplier in-active, where orders cannot be placed from them? The may be re-instated so I don't want to delete them. Hi Gary - in RMS, whether an item gets placed on a PO is an item function, not a supplier function. Run an item list report, filtering for that supplier. Drilldown each item lookup code and go into the options tab - check mark "may not place on purchase order". This will prevent the item from being placed on purchase orders ...

Auto Add new records on a specified date
Hello All. Thank you for looking. I am building a database to track rent payments for a building. There are about 10 businesses/tenants that pay monthly rent. All rent payments are due on the first of the month for various amounts. I have a main table "TenantsMain" that lists the detail for each tenant. The first row is the primary key, which is "Company Name". There is another table "TenantsRent" that lists the rent history for each tenant, which has dates listing the various rents over time, that increase every few years. In the final table, "Tenants...