Adobe

Which editions of Adobe Acrobat will enable the emailing of PDFs?  I know
Adobe Acrobat Professional will (that's what we use), but my client wants to
spend as little as possible.  Both the Standard and Elements editions can
create PDF documents.

------=_NextPart_0001_06E71395

Hello,

The requirement for emailing reports as PDF files from Microsoft Dynamics
is any Adobe Acrobat edition which has either Acrobat Distiller or
PDFWriter.

Visit the following url for an Adobe product comparison -

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/matrix.html

Adobe Reader edition can not be used as it can not create PDF documents.

Testing for Microsoft Dynamics is completed only on the Standard and
Professional editions.  The Elements edition likely will work as it can
create PDF documents from any application that prints.  If the installation
of Adobe adds an entry to Printers and Faxes where it can be selected as a
print output, then it typically is available to email from within Dynamics
GP.

Note:  Acrobat 8 Elements will be available mid-2007. Acrobat Elements 7.0
is currently available through volume licensing with a minimum of 100 seats
per order.

Randal
Microsoft Online Support Engineer

PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with
break/fix
issues and simple how to questions.

We also love to hear your product feedback!
Let us know what you think by posting from the web interface: Partner
Feedback
from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
We look forward to hearing from you!

------=_NextPart_0001_06E71395

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hello,
\par
\par The requirement for emailing reports as PDF files from Microsoft Dynamics is any Adobe Acrobat edition which has either Acrobat Distiller or PDFWriter.
\par
\par Visit the following url for an Adobe product comparison -
\par
\par http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/matrix.html
\par
\par Adobe Reader edition can not be used as it can not create PDF documents.
\par
\par Testing for Microsoft Dynamics is completed only on the Standard and Professional editions.  The Elements edition likely will work as it can create PDF documents from any application that prints.  If the installation of Adobe adds an entry to Printers and Faxes where it can be selected as a print output, then it typically is available to email from within Dynamics GP.
\par
\par Note:  Acrobat 8 Elements will be available mid-2007. Acrobat Elements 7.0 is currently available through volume licensing with a minimum of 100 seats per order.
\par
\par
\par Randal
\par Microsoft Online Support Engineer
\par
\par
\par
\par PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with break/fix
\par issues and simple how to questions.
\par
\par We also love to hear your product feedback!
\par Let us know what you think by posting from the web interface: Partner Feedback
\par from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
\par We look forward to hearing from you!
\par
\par
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
\par so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
\par
\par
\par
\par
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_06E71395--

0
rmayer1 (33)
10/13/2006 1:19:16 PM
Thanks.  I had found the comparison -- what I missed was that Elements
wasn't available on a per user basis.  I appreciate the extra info.

------=_NextPart_0001_07F72A9C

Hi,

No problem - glad to be of assistance.  Have a great day.

Randal
Microsoft Online Support Engineer

PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with
break/fix
issues and simple how to questions.

We also love to hear your product feedback!
Let us know what you think by posting from the web interface: Partner
Feedback
from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
We look forward to hearing from you!

------=_NextPart_0001_07F72A9C

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi,
\par
\par No problem - glad to be of assistance.  Have a great day.
[...]
------=_NextPart_0001_07F72A9C--

0
rmayer1 (33)
10/13/2006 5:35:53 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_17C18CF4

Hello Cindy,

Checking in to see if there is anything else we can do for you on this
topic.
Please post again at your convenience and we will be here for you.

Have a great week!

Sonia Lemke

Microsoft Online Support Engineer

PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided

to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.

We also love to hear your product feedback!

Let us know what you think by posting

    from the web interface: Partner Feedback

    from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.

We look forward to hearing from you!

------=_NextPart_0001_17C18CF4

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hello Cindy,
\par
\par Checking in to see if there is anything else we can do for you on this topic.
\par Please post again at your convenience and we will be here for you.
\par
\par Have a great week!
\par
\par
\par
\par Sonia Lemke
\par
\par Microsoft Online Support Engineer
\par
\par
\par
\par
\par ==============================================
\par
\par PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided
\par
\par to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
\par
\par
\par
\par We also love to hear your product feedback!
\par
\par Let us know what you think by posting
\par
\par     from the web interface: Partner Feedback
\par
\par     from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
\par
\par We look forward to hearing from you!
\par
\par
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
\par
\par so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
\par
\par
\par
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_17C18CF4--

0
sonial (92)
10/16/2006 7:12:10 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_22671325

Hi there

Anything else we can do for you here on this query?

Please post back at your convenience and we will be here for you.
Thanks again for using the partner newsgroups!

Have a great week!

Sonia Lemke

Microsoft Online Support Engineer

PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided

to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.

We also love to hear your product feedback!

Let us know what you think by posting

    from the web interface: Partner Feedback

    from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.

We look forward to hearing from you!

------=_NextPart_0001_22671325

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi there
\par
\par Anything else we can do for you here on this query?
\par
\par Please post back at your convenience and we will be here for you.
\par Thanks again for using the partner newsgroups!
\par
\par Have a great week!
\par
\par
\par
\par Sonia Lemke
\par
[...]
------=_NextPart_0001_22671325--

0
sonial (92)

Adobe
Which editions of Adobe Acrobat will enable the emailing of PDFs? I know Adobe Acrobat Professional will (that's what we use), but my client wants to spend as little as possible. Both the Standard and Elements editions can create PDF documents. ------=_NextPart_0001_06E71395 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, The requirement for emailing reports as PDF files from Microsoft Dynamics is any Adobe Acrobat edition which has either Acrobat Distiller or PDFWriter. Visit the following url for an Adobe product comparison - http://www.adobe.com/product...

In todays world pdf is an important format BUT adobe makes our lifes complicated...
Hey, I;m using PDFMaker 5.0 and i need to automate the conversion to pdf, I am currently printing to a pdf file, the problem is its asking me for a file name every time, how do i bypass this prompt ? from vba I would like to specify a name and save the file. Can someone please help ?? Regards, Alexandre use _ACCESS_ in order to make your reports; and then just view with snapshot viewer-- it is included with Office installation. Adobe is too stupid to make reliable products. Sorry. -Aaron aaron.kempf@gmail.com wrote... >use _ACCESS_ in order to make your reports; and then just vie...

How to get rid of adobe
I have Outlook 2003 on WinXP. I also have Adobe Acrobat 6. Every time I want to create a new e-mail message, and annoying Attach as Adobe pdf icon appears on a toolbar that fills up a full extra line, thereby reducing my working screen area. Although I can make it go away through View | Toolbars | uncheck Adobe open the Attach as Adobe pdf toolbar, it comes back with the very next new message. I.e., getting rid of it doesn't get rid of it even during the time I have Outlook open. Is there some way to get rid of this unwanted, annoying-but-persistent feature? Thanks. -- Bob In news:ba...

Can only print ~3 pages from Excel to Adobe pdf #2
I've got a 30+ page Excel workbook, with 23 sheets that I want to print to a pdf. I select all those 23 sheets, then do File / Print / <select Adobe PDF> / OK. It almost immediately comes up with the "Save PDF File As" dialog. If I click save, it only saves three pages. If I keep clicking save (or cancel) it staggers through it, wiping out the previous pdf and re-creating it with only two or three pages at a time. This happens whether or not I've clicked Printer / Properties and de-selected "View Adobe PDF results" and/or "Prompt for Adobe PDF ...

Adobe Reader in Vista
When ever I try to open an Adobe file when I am on the internet, it tells me I need Adobe Reader 9 or above which I already have and I have installed all the updates. I do not have an earlier version on my computer either to uninstall. Don't know where else to post this message. Could anyone help please. Margaret "Margaret Upton" <margaretupton@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:4C4D2E8F-9E18-4F54-96E5-E1A93D452C97@microsoft.com... > When ever I try to open an Adobe file when I am on the internet, it tells me I need Adobe Reader > 9 or ...

Adobe flash player
I have updated and downloaded Adobe Flash player but cannot get it to run, no matter what I try. It was working a few weeks ago but suddenly won't play any movies. I am using Vista and Mozilla firefox. I have tried all the settings and finally got a box that said I need to set permission, allow all, but there is no instructions on how to get there, nor can I find any help in getting the program to work. Any help, comments or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank jerry.nh@verizon.net Why are you asking that question in a forum dedicated to the Windows = Mail...

Adobe.CS3.Master.Collection.MAC.OSX.UB 4DVD, Adobe.Premiere.Pro.CS3.MAC 1DVD, QuarkXPress.7.3.Passport.MAC 1CD,
Adobe.CS3.Master.Collection.MAC.OSX.UB 4DVD, Adobe.Premiere.Pro.CS3.MAC 1DVD, QuarkXPress.7.3.Passport.MAC 1CD, Mac Stuff CDs, A to Z, updated 2007/August/17, and Win & Mac programs, 'WinMac', 'PC/MaC', 'Win-Mac', 'Multi', 'Multi-Platform', 'MultiFormat', 'MULTIOS', 'HYBRID' please send e-mail loa210@mail.gr , loa210@mailbox.gr , -------------------------------------------------------- DFT Super Bundle for Apple Final Cut Pro, 4 CDs The DFT Super Bundle includes full versions of: 55mm, Digital Film Lab, Composite Suite,...

Need to save at Pub Ver 8.0 in Adobe Illustrator to get screen pre
Hello all. Running Adobe Illustrator CS and Publisher 2003. We are running into an issue where Publisher cannot display imported CS2 EPS files from Illustrator. We have to bring them down to version 8.0 in order to get a screen preview of imported artwork. Any ideas? Pieces of an EPS graphic may appear to be missing on the preview screen in Publisher 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;827303 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Paul S." <Paul S.@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Converting files to Adobe PDF, or Printing to Adobe PDF.
Access 2003, Adobe Professional 7.0.9 (most current updates, also reinstalled).When I try to convert certain reports to adobe pdf, I get an error message that simply says: Adobe PDF printer failed to create the PDF file. No way of diagnosing that one... when I Print to PDF, I get a notepad output file that states the below pasted text. I will try updating my access, but I can convert &/or print all my other reports to pdf, just not certian ones. I am wondering if I need to change settings on a certain field, but for the life of me, I cannot diagnose what is failing to PDF on this one r...

How can I insert an Adobe Photoshop image into Publisher 2003?
I have an image created in Photoshop that is saved with a transparent background. If I save it as a jpg or tiff, it automatically saves everything on a white background. I am trying to overlay this image onto a gradient color background and want that gradient to show thru behind my graphic. Is this possible? Gary <Gary@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I have an image created in Photoshop that is saved with a transparent > background. If I save it as a jpg or tiff, it automatically saves > everything on a white background. I am trying to overlay...

Re: Highest Version of Adobe Reader for Windows 98se
Hi 98 Guy, Thanks to you and everyone. FYI: The reason I mentioned, "remove "ine"...." incase someone decides to reply by email. I didn't want his/her email to "bounce". John On Sat, 08 May 2010 12:45:14 -0400, in microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion you wrote: >jaugustine@verizon.net wrote: > >> Can someone tell me what is the highest version of Adobe Reader I >> can use on my Windows 98se computer? > >> PS, Remove "ine" from my email address > >Are you going t...

how to re install Adobe Acrobat in Excel? The adobe Acrobat work.
How to re install Adobe Acrobat in Excel? I received the following message every time I try to use the Adobe: " The create Adobe PDF writer monitor cannot be found. The Adobe Acrobat works fine in the other programs. If you have adobe 6 go to tools detect & repair You must have all other programs closed Cheers peterm "Execl error" wrote: > How to re install Adobe Acrobat in Excel? I received the following message > every time I try to use the Adobe: " The create Adobe PDF writer monitor > cannot be found. The Adobe Acrobat works fine in the other ...

hello! Want to buy software Retail or OEM, Microsoft, Adobe, Macromedia, Corel Symantec
WE BUY SOFTWARE EMAIL: theebayshark@aol.com <mailto:theebayshark@aol.com> WITH ANY SOFTWARE OFFERS. Sellussoftware.com WTB: WINDOWS XP PRO, WIN2K PRO, HOME, 98SE, 98, 95, NT 4.0, OFFICE, SERVER INCLUDES MICROSOFT, DELL, COMPAQ, IBM, HP OR ANY OTHER OEM PACKAGES Email: theebayshark@aol.com <mailto:theebayshark@aol.com> with what you have. WE ARE BUYING WINDOWS XP PRO, WIN2K PRO, HOME, 98SE, 98, 95, NT 4.0, OFFICE, SERVER INCLUDES MICROSOFT, DELL, COMPAQ, IBM, HP OR ANY OTHER OEM PACKAGES Email: theebayshark@aol.com <mailto:theebayshark@aol.com> with what you have. WE...

Adobe add-in error
Has anyone recieved an error from publisher like this before. I was just opening publisher and this is what it said "Publisher experienced a serious error the last time the add-in 'acrobat pdfmaker office com addin' was opened. Would you like to disable this add-in? To reactivated this add-in, click About Microsoft Office Publiser on the Help Menu, and then clic Disabled Items" It is a common error. You really don't need the Acrobat icon on your toolbar. This error doesn't affect the PDF printer. Try enabling the PDF maker, it maybe okay now. What are your ...

Adobe Acrobat 6.0
Hi, I currently am running Outlook 2003 with Word 2003 as my e-mail editor. I previously had Office XP installed where I used Word 2002 as my email editor for Outlook 2002. Before upgrading to Office 2003, I had installed Adobe Acrobat 6.0 and had allowed it to integrate with Office (including a toolbar that appears now in Word, etc. that allows for turning the current document into an Adobe PDF). This is a useful feature, but unfortunately, there's a slight annoyance with it when it comes to using Word 2003 as my email editor for Outlook 2003. Initially, whenever I open a new email m...

hello! Want to buy software Retail or OEM, Microsoft, Adobe, Macromedia, Corel Symantec
WE BUY SOFTWARE EMAIL: theebayshark@aol.com <mailto:theebayshark@aol.com> WITH ANY SOFTWARE OFFERS. Sellussoftware.com WTB: WINDOWS XP PRO, WIN2K PRO, HOME, 98SE, 98, 95, NT 4.0, OFFICE, SERVER INCLUDES MICROSOFT, DELL, COMPAQ, IBM, HP OR ANY OTHER OEM PACKAGES Email: theebayshark@aol.com <mailto:theebayshark@aol.com> with what you have. WE ARE BUYING WINDOWS XP PRO, WIN2K PRO, HOME, 98SE, 98, 95, NT 4.0, OFFICE, SERVER INCLUDES MICROSOFT, DELL, COMPAQ, IBM, HP OR ANY OTHER OEM PACKAGES Email: theebayshark@aol.com <mailto:theebayshark@aol.com> with what you have. WE...

hyperlink to adobe Pdf file
I enter a hyperlingk to an Adobe Pdf file that is on my computer in a cell, but it does not open the file, it just gives a blink and nothing happens. I tried this link in Outlook and it worked, and I tried inserting hypelinks in excel to word and other programs and it worked fine, I only have a problem to link an Adobe pdf file in Excel. Maybe it's not excel. A few people complained that the Reader appeared and then disappeared. So make sure you have the latest version of the software: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/thankyou.jsp?ftpID=2713&fileID=2551 Jacob wrote: >...

adobe reader
I have just bought a new camera and the instructions are printed (on screen) in Adobe Reader; there are 104 pages. I wish to copy the pages I need in to a word document and then modify and print what I want. Is there any way I can use Word 2007 to do this? I remember reading that Word has an OCR capability but do not know if this would work from the Adobe Reader screen. Thank you. Did you try simply highlighlighting the text you want, copy and paste it into Word? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" ...

unable to remove Adobe PDF toolbar
In our office we are using Windows XP Professional SP2 and Outlook 2003 SP1. We also have Adobe Acrobat 7 professional in our offices. When we open Outlook (2002 version 11.8002.6360 SP1), the Adobe PDF takes up one entire row of 3 icons of the toolbar. We never use PDF conversion operation in Outlook. We can remove these icons in current session. We are unable to remove these Adobe PDF toolbar permanently. Everytime when we start up Outlook, this PDF toolbar takes up entire toolbar row. Please advise how to remove this toolbar permanently without removing the Acrobat program. Thank you. ...

Printing to Adobe
I get a runtime error everytime I print an invoice to Adobe 6.0. What's the deal? The invoice prints to the adobe distiller and creates the PDF. However MS Money crashes, sometimes it restarts itself to the sign on location other times, it just closes. Is there a fix? Below is error I get: Program: msmoney.exe R6025 - pure virtual function call I am using: MS Money 2006 Small Business version 15.0.150.513 In microsoft.public.money, Caddant wrote: >I get a runtime error everytime I print an invoice to Adobe 6.0. What's the >deal? The invoice prints to the adobe distiller an...

Adobe flashplayer
I don't appear to have any version of flashplayer loaded, I had a web page vid tell me that I needed to load V9 to view. Are their comments regarding the safety or problems caused to systems working ok with this. My O/S is win xp pro Sp2 Regards Roger "Roger" <Monkey@Zoo.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message news:eh8rxEHjKHA.5052@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I don't appear to have any version of flashplayer loaded, I had a web page >vid tell me that I needed to load V9 to view. > Are their comments regarding the safety or problems caused to systems ...

Problem with Adobe
My friend is having trouble with Adobe. He says: The pop ups I am getting say: Eula NVIDIA graphics Driver has stooped working and needs to close Down load manager active x has encountered a problem and needs to close Adobe reader and acrobat manager has encountered a problem and needs to close Adobe tech. said " Adobe was having a problem with Internet Explorer 8" Ideas on how to fix, anyone? TIA, Paul From: "Paul H" <NoSpamphobergNoSpam@att.net> | My friend is having trouble with Adobe. He says: | The pop ups I am getting say: | ...

Adobe Acrobat Toolbar
I have/use Adobe Acrobat Professional in addition to Microsoft Office 2004. Can anyone tell me exactly how to get rid of the Adobe Acrobat Toolbar that keeps re-appearing in the Office Applications? I delete pdfmaker.xla, pdfmaker.ppa, and pdfmaker.dot from /Applications/Microsoft Office 2004/Office/Startup folders but then as soon as I open Acrobat and re-enter one of the office programs, the toolbar re-appears. It's really annoying. Thanks, Scott Gadgetman <stoojz3@yahoo.com> wrote: > I have/use Adobe Acrobat Professional in addition to Microsoft Office > 2004. Can a...

Adobe Flash
XP,Home Edition,SP3 I have the 10 plug in and active x showing in the add/removal program and the program is not working..Adobe has so much info that I am dizzy..Can anyone help me?..Pc was infected but the threats were removed thanks to help from PA Bear...Thanks,Nicolino NICK MEALE wrote: > XP,Home Edition,SP3 > > I have the 10 plug in and active x showing in the add/removal program and > the program is not working..Adobe has so much info that I am dizzy..Can > anyone help me?..Pc was infected but the threats were removed thanks to > help from PA...

Adobe Acrobat
This may be the wrong forum, but suddenly my Acrobat crashes upon opening. Any ideas? "Sanford Aranoff" <aranoff@analysis-knowledge.com> wrote in message news:4C6E4F3B.6299E73D@analysis-knowledge.com... > This may be the wrong forum, but suddenly my Acrobat crashes > upon opening. Any ideas? It is the wrong forum. I would check the Acrobat FAQs and/or uninstall, then re-install Acrobat. Yeah..ask in an Adobe forum. "Sanford Aranoff" <aranoff@analysis-knowledge.com> wrote in message news:4C6E4F3B.6299E73D@analysis-knowledge.com... &...