ADO & Scrolling Window

I am trying to show the Project Budgted Qty while user is entering an item in
PA Purchase Order Entry scrolling windows.

I delcared the ADO object in PurchaseOrderEntryDetail(Grid) but where should
I closed and release the ADO connection?

for other windows, I put my code in Window_BeforeClose.

thks

0
HFLo (288)

I usually create the connection on the main window open and close it on
window close.  I make a property on the main window to expose the connection
and then access it instead of a connection on the details window.

If you open and close the connection on each line, you can run into ADO
errors when users scroll fast enough.

Hope that helps.
--
Lorren
Consulting Technology Lead

The views or opinions expressed in this post are mine and not those of
WennSoft.

"HFLo" wrote:

> I am trying to show the Project Budgted Qty while user is entering an item in
> PA Purchase Order Entry scrolling windows.
>
> I delcared the ADO object in PurchaseOrderEntryDetail(Grid) but where should
> I closed and release the ADO connection?
>
> for other windows, I put my code in Window_BeforeClose.
>
> thks

0
zman (81)
7/12/2007 6:08:01 PM
how to declare/create the connection so that it can be used/reference on the
scrolling windows?

thks for sharing.

"zman" wrote:

> I usually create the connection on the main window open and close it on
> window close.  I make a property on the main window to expose the connection
> and then access it instead of a connection on the details window.
>
> If you open and close the connection on each line, you can run into ADO
> errors when users scroll fast enough.
>
> Hope that helps.
> --
> Lorren
> Consulting Technology Lead
> WennSoft Inc.
>
> The views or opinions expressed in this post are mine and not those of
> WennSoft.
>

> "HFLo" wrote:
>
> > I am trying to show the Project Budgted Qty while user is entering an item in
> > PA Purchase Order Entry scrolling windows.
> >
> > I delcared the ADO object in PurchaseOrderEntryDetail(Grid) but where should
> > I closed and release the ADO connection?
> >
> > for other windows, I put my code in Window_BeforeClose.
> >
> > thks

0
HFLo (288)
7/13/2007 4:30:00 AM
Decalre the connection variable as public in the parent window so you can
then access it from the grid using ParentWindow.cn.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Senior Development Consultant
Escalation Engineer - Great Plains

http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics

and confers no rights.

"HFLo" wrote:

> how to declare/create the connection so that it can be used/reference on the
> scrolling windows?
>
> thks for sharing.
>
> "zman" wrote:
>
> > I usually create the connection on the main window open and close it on
> > window close.  I make a property on the main window to expose the connection
> > and then access it instead of a connection on the details window.
> >
> > If you open and close the connection on each line, you can run into ADO
> > errors when users scroll fast enough.
> >
> > Hope that helps.
> > --
> > Lorren
> > Consulting Technology Lead
> > WennSoft Inc.
> >
> > The views or opinions expressed in this post are mine and not those of
> > WennSoft.
> >

> > "HFLo" wrote:
> >
> > > I am trying to show the Project Budgted Qty while user is entering an item in
> > > PA Purchase Order Entry scrolling windows.
> > >
> > > I delcared the ADO object in PurchaseOrderEntryDetail(Grid) but where should
> > > I closed and release the ADO connection?
> > >
> > > for other windows, I put my code in Window_BeforeClose.
> > >
> > > thks

0
dmusgrav1 (1325)
7/16/2007 3:10:01 AM
thks. Will try it out.
Looking forward to meeting you in person.

"David Musgrave [MSFT]" wrote:

> Decalre the connection variable as public in the parent window so you can
> then access it from the grid using ParentWindow.cn.
>
> David Musgrave [MSFT]
> Senior Development Consultant
> Escalation Engineer - Great Plains
> Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific
>
> Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)
> http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics
>
> mailto:David.Musgrave@online.microsoft.com
>
> Any views contained within are my personal views and
> not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
> and confers no rights.
>

> "HFLo" wrote:
>
> > how to declare/create the connection so that it can be used/reference on the
> > scrolling windows?
> >
> > thks for sharing.
> >
> > "zman" wrote:
> >
> > > I usually create the connection on the main window open and close it on
> > > window close.  I make a property on the main window to expose the connection
> > > and then access it instead of a connection on the details window.
> > >
> > > If you open and close the connection on each line, you can run into ADO
> > > errors when users scroll fast enough.
> > >
> > > Hope that helps.
> > > --
> > > Lorren
> > > Consulting Technology Lead
> > > WennSoft Inc.
> > >
> > > The views or opinions expressed in this post are mine and not those of
> > > WennSoft.

0
HFLo (288)

cant print from IE/chrome and no pop up save windows
cant print from IE/chrome and no pop up save windows Hi all - so I am using vista home premium 64 bit. I am having a strange problem: When I try to print though firefox, the select printer window comes up and works fine. However, when I try to print though IE 8 or Chrome, a box pops up and says that the operation has failed. This is happening immediately after I click File --> Print, before I even see the print window with different printers, etc. I have all updates installed and using the latest version of chrome. What could this be? Also I feel like this other problenm could b...

Vista + Money 2007: Scroll Wheel
I just installed Vista and Money 2007. I got the SP-1 update, and I notice that the scroll wheel on the mouse doesn't really work in the account register. It's so slow that it is not even useful. Anyone else experiencing this? I'm not experiencing a problem with the scroll wheel on my mouse in Money 2007 on Vista. It may be the mouse driver, or the settings for the wheel. -Mark "Nathan Laff" <rev23dev@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:E3D2B5EC-733D-48FB-87CC-07E72A642F5D@microsoft.com... >I just installed Vista and Money 2007. I got the SP-1 update, an...

ADO connect mysql
Dear Sirs, I want to use mysql as database,and work on the datas through ADO in the excel. so I get exchange the datas with Excel and mysql. This is best way for my works I can imagine this moment. Please help me to provide me code how to establish connection from Excel to mysql. thanks advancely. Best regards http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?10,100302 Tim "Li Jianyong" <LiJianyong@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:56BC5ABE-CBB6-4F76-B956-32153ECDB5AD@microsoft.com... > Dear Sirs, > > I want to use mysql as database,and wo...

Can't change New Message Window Size
I have Windows Live Mail set to reduce the overall size. I did have New Message reduced so it doesn't take up the whole screen. Somehow that got changed and now it fills the whole page and decreasing the New Message window box does nothing. > Somehow that got changed and now it fills the whole page and decreasing > the New Message window box does nothing. Annoying isn't it? I always try to keep one spare open in case that happens. Then all I need to do is close the problem window, close the spare, and hope that the next window which opens will be in the...

C:\WINDOWS\afitelaguzeyaweb.dll
I keep getting a message when I turn on my computer telling me that "C:\WINDOWS\afitelaguzeyaweb.dll is not specified and cannot be found. Anyone have any idea what this is and why it keeps messing up my browser? "Janet Griffin" wrote: > I keep getting a message when I turn on my computer telling me that > "C:\WINDOWS\afitelaguzeyaweb.dll is not specified and cannot be found. Anyone > have any idea what this is and why it keeps messing up my browser? Hi, This mean your antivirus deleted the viral infection but this the remain ( linker) pointe...

What's the window style of IME pad?
I'm making a hand writing recognition TSF like WinXP IME pad. It works like WinXP IME pad but has a focus problem. WinXP IME pad doesn't steal focus but When I click my TSF window it steals focus. I made some trick in message handler by returning MA_NOACTIVATE for WM_WM_MOUSEACTIVATE. After that it doesn't steal focus even though I write some characters. I can also type characters by keyboard.(which means my tsf doesn't steal keyboard focus) But if I click the title bar or change size, it still steals focus. THIS IS MY PROBLEM. I think IME pad uses different window style....

Install Windows
I have a 160 GB hard disk and want to upgrade to 500 GB. I have Win XP SP 3 and Win 7 Ultimate n installed in the 160 GB disk. Is it possible to somehow clone or copy the OSEs to the new disk without using the media. I have damaged the Win 7 DVD. Any help would be highly appreciated. farid said this on 3/14/2010 4:03 AM: > I have a 160 GB hard disk and want to upgrade to 500 GB. I have Win XP SP 3 > and Win 7 Ultimate n installed in the 160 GB disk. Is it possible to somehow > clone or copy the OSEs to the new disk without using the media. I have > damaged the Win...

Windows 2003 SP 2
Hi Does anyone has installed Windows 2003 SP2 yet? A was wondering if there is any issues installing this SP on a Exchange 2003 SP2 box? Thanks for your help! "ibre34@gmail.com" wrote: > Does anyone has installed Windows 2003 SP2 yet? We installed it last week. > A was wondering if there is any issues installing this SP on a > Exchange 2003 SP2 box? I was wondering the same thing, but no issues to report yet (at least no issues that didn't exist before SP2). We installed it hoping it would fix a specific issue, but the issue may be deeper-seated than we ori...

Windows XP laptop loses connection to Windows 7 workgroup
From time to time, my XP laptop loses connection to my other PCs running W7. Neither the W7 machines, nor the XP machine can see each other during that time. It doesn't lose its IP address or default gateway or anything, and it keeps its Internet connectivity, it just stops seeing other computers on the local network. Now this can be remedied by running the "repair" network option on the laptop, or by simply rebooting. But the problem is when you run the repair option it screws up any applications using the network in the XP laptop. So I can't be doing this ...

Outlook 2003 / Windows XP Tablet Edition / Exchange 5.5
Hi all, I'm setting up new Tablet PCs for deployment within our IT section. All these machines have both 10/100 and 802.11g nics installed. Here's the software load set - Windows XP Tablet Edition MS Office 2003, including Outlook 2003 Norton AntiVirus Corp Edition The subnet we are connected to is behind a firewall, and uses NAT/PAT to access the outside world. Our Exchange 5.5 Server (let's call it MAIL_SERVER) is inside the firewall, and just like the other servers, is set up with a static NAT path to it thru the firewall. We are using the NT40 Domain model. ...

ADO
Hi, Can I use ActiveX Data Objects(ADO) with any ODBC compliant database to access data? Hi Rishi; Yes you can do that easily, by choosing ODBC connection in the Ado Control properties... Monther "Rishi Shah" <rishi.shah@patni.com> wrote in message news:758be1e.0307232203.1478afee@posting.google.com... > Hi, > > Can I use ActiveX Data Objects(ADO) with any ODBC compliant database to access data? ...

what is the ODBC and ADO??
hi I want to know what is the difference between ODBC and ADO??? thank you bye These may be of interest... http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa906098.aspx http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms810810.aspx Mark -- Mark Salsbery Microsoft MVP - Visual C++ "mohaz" <mohaz14@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1187482742.311579.259080@w3g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > hi > I want to know what is the difference between ODBC and ADO??? > thank you > bye > "mohaz" <mohaz14@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1187482742.311579.259080@w3g...

Windows Live Video Chat
I have a laptop that has an integrated webcam and microphone. Well I was trying to call a friend over Windows Live Messenger and the webcam works just fine. What doesn't work is the microphone. And I don't know why. Someone help please? Any suggestions? Answers? "Wicked Sin" <WickedSin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B3555EA6-82B4-4831-B70F-1FE3206CB3CD@microsoft.com... > I have a laptop that has an integrated webcam and microphone. > > Well I was trying to call a friend over Windows Live Messenger and the > webcam wor...

Scroll area lock- again
Hello I found in older posts the following code to lock the scroll area: (I have a workbook with only one sheet: Sheet1) Sub Workbook_Open() Worksheets(1).ScrollArea = "A1:N50" End Sub This works. I save it, but after reopening it- it doesn't work. If I go than to view code- and click run for this code- the scroll area gets locked correctly. My understanding is that workbook_Open should be executed as the workbook is opened- why does it not run. Does someone have any ideas? Thank you all! On 12 Jul, 08:03, Klemen25 <kleme...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello > I foun...

Scrolling Window Issues
Query 1: "Scrolling Window Issues" During insertion a new line in the scrolling window, a duplicate line automatically inserted only in Scrolling window. But when click again on the new line inserted it vanishes. I have following settings: 1>It saves line item during insertion. 2>I have applied range on the table attached with the scrolling window How can I get rid of this duplicate record in the scrolling window which has no existance in the database? Query 2: "Field Locking Issue in Scrolling Window" How can I lock a certain line in the scrolling window? ...

Money 2005 and Windows Me
Is Money 2005 compatible with Window Me? If it is, is there any reasons why I wouldn't to upgrade Money 2000 to Money 2005 on a computer running Windows me? In microsoft.public.money, 1992mom wrote: >Is Money 2005 compatible with Window Me? Yes. http://www.microsoft.com/money/SystemRequirements.aspx?pid=003 > If it is, is there any reasons why >I wouldn't to upgrade Money 2000 to Money 2005 on a computer running Windows >me? Money 2006 is out and you can get Deluxe at Sams or Costco very reasonably without rebate. ...

ADO Not Opening Recordset
Help: I am just starting at a new company, and am having issues getting Access to perform ADO.recordset operations correctly. And, there is no "go-to" person here. I am just trying to use automation to make my life easier. The code below returns an empty recordset ("-1" on the message box which I added as a test). It finishes with an error message I assume that I am just missing a library. I do have the MS ADO 2.8 and VBA libraries selected in references. My version is Access 2003. Dim rs As ADODB.Recordset Set rs = New ADODB.Recordset With rs .Act...

splitter windows, communication
Hi, I created a "T" like splitter windows, and created 3 different views for each of the pane windows. I want to post a message from one view to another. How to obtain the window handle of other views? thanks ying/ Hi, I'm not sure if you know much about Messages, if anything, but you could just send a message. Your probably better off sending messages. AfxGetApp()->GetMainWnd()->SendMessageToDescendants(MSG_CVIEWWAV_UPDATE, some_long, some_long); To receive messages in some View... //Add this to your Header File. afx_msg LRESULT MSG_Update(WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lP...

Flag window as "desktop"?
Posted same question in Stardock newsgroup, on the off chance that anyone reads both... I'm writing a shell replacement, just as an excercise. I have a "desktop window" similar to Explorer's, but the window is currently treated as just another window by Windows. How does Explorer.exe tell Windows, "This window is the desktop, and it is always behind the other windows even when it has focus."? I tried intercepting the "recieved focus" message and sending the window to the back, but this results in the window "flickering" to the front and then ...

Mouse Scroll
Hi, my mouse will scroll with the wheel everywhere except in the folders list on the left side of screen. I have chosen for my reading pane "bottom", so my folder list is on the right side....Have no problem scrolling anywhere else, but I really need it in the folder section. I've checked everything. Don't know what else to do.....Anyone else have this problem? I have an HP mouse and I use Outlook 2003. Can anyone help me? This function is very important for my job productivity. Thaks. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com I believe HP still uses rebranded Logite...

How to keep Horizontal Scroll in Multiline CEdit control
When SetWindowText() is called, a multi-line CEdit control reverts to being leftmost scrolled. Replacing the text with SetSel(-1,0) and then ReplaceText() has the opposite effect of rightmost scrolling. I needed the horizontal scrolling to stay extactly where it was. CEdit::LineScroll() only offers a scroll position based on characters, and there is no way to "get" the CEdit scrolling position by characters in the first place. After a pretty thorough search of Usenet postings, I did not find the answer. After some research, I finally did figure out what to do and thought I'd ...

Install FrontPage 2003 on Windows 7
i tried several times to install, the program told me it has been installed, but it is not. What can I do. On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 10:48:01 -0700, monising <monising@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i tried several times to install, the program told me it has been installed, >but it is not. What can I do. Please be more explicit about what you're doing, what you're seeing, and what error messages - if any - you are getting. I have FrontPage 2003 installed on Windows 7 Ultimate x64, and it's working fine. Also, are you installing from original media? A...

Window activation woes
Hi, I want to prevent multiple instances of my application running at the same time, which I've done, however when a second instance is started I want it to activate the main window of the first instance. This I have sort of done. When the second instance detects it isn't the first instance it uses BroadcastSystemMessage with a registered window message to tell the first instance to bring it's main window to the top. Below is the code I'm using for window activation: LRESULT CMainFrame::OnActivateInstance(WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam) { if (IsIconic()) ShowWindow(S...

Should I Learn DAO, ADO or ADO.NET ?
Hello Microsoft MVPs, learned programmers, and other VBA newbies, I am teaching myself VBA using Access 2007 Visual Basic Editor. I am confused about which tools I should be learning to access the records in my database. I have read that DAO is native and fastest, but also that DAO is obsolete and anything new should be written using ADO.Net Is ADO.Net supported under Access 2007 VBA Editor? What about Access 2003? Does each set of tools have certain situations where it is best suited? If so, what are those situations? Should I learn: 1) DAO 2) ADO 3) ADO.Net Thank you for being ...

Get into WindowProc of window created with CMDIFrameWnd::CreateNewChild
Hi, I create a MDI child window with pMainFrame->CreateNewChild(RUNTIME_CLASS(CChildFrame),IDR_MAINFRAME,0,0)); Now I'd like to catch the WM_PAINT message of this window. Overriding CChildFrane::WindowProc(...) doesn't work for me because then I get the WM_PAINT message of every child window in my application. Any idea? Thanks, Markus maka3 wrote: > Hi, > I create a MDI child window with > pMainFrame->CreateNewChild(RUNTIME_CLASS(CChildFrame),IDR_MAINFRAME,0,0)); > Now I'd like to catch the WM_PAINT message of this window. > Overriding CChildFrane::WindowProc...