Adjust Cost Utility

Customer wants to be able to print a report in the Adjust Layer Cost Utility
(Tools >> Utilities >> Inventory >> Adjust Costs).

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=6beff44a-2aec-4547-8fde-cf73aa5d6682&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
cj (143)

Cost basis calculation.
In the investment reports all the versions of Money that I have owned over the years have been unable to correctly calculate the cost basis for every investment if the report is not subtotalled by account. There have always been some investments for which the cost basis is zero. Often these investments only exist in one account. Often a cost basis is calculated for investments the exist in more than one account. I can see no logical reason for why some cost bases are calculated while others are not. This is simple spreadsheet stuff, not rocket science. I can't see why such a s...

Inventory transfer cost layer link to RCT
GP 8:00 SQL Server 2003 We are using FIFO perpetual to value our inventory. We do transfers using transfer entry window. I want to see the transfers link back to the receipt number(s) from where the transfer cost is build up. Thanks for help? -Swabunn "Swabunn" wrote: > GP 8:00 > SQL Server 2003 > > We are using FIFO perpetual to value our inventory. We do transfers using > transfer entry window. I want to see the transfers link back to the receipt > number(s) from where the transfer cost is build up. > > Thanks for help? > > -Swabunn &...

Price adjustments
I have a client that would like to adjust prices based on a markup scheme from cost. The scheme is as follows: If cost = $0.01 - $5.00, the markup is X%, if $5.01 - 25.00 then markup is y, ect ,ect. I figured I would use a SQL statament with the UPDATE command, but Im not exceptionally proficient in SQL, so could someone provide me with a SQL statement please? Thank you. Phil - before you decide to embark upon and join the dark side..... Have you tried using the inventory wizard? Run task 110 change item prices, select "filter" as your method, in the filter use "pric...

unwanted: Zoom adjust when adjusting Print Scale
Would someone be willing to review the file and advise. when in Print Preview - if I adjust the print scale - then the zoom ( screen view ) adjust and not the printed view. I have several co-workers which have had the same issue happen to them. It has to be a file setting - as other excel files do not do this. When I go to Page Break Layout and try to drag the blue dotted line - nothing happens, it will not move - or - it moves and gives me an error "Margins do not fit page size" and I will get blue dotted lines around all cells and 100's of pages. Have you change the page ...

making adjustment for the start bar on the side of the screen
I want my 2 windows to be tiled vertically. Window1 is on the left and needs 25% of the screen Window2 is on the right and needs 75% of the screen I've done this with something like the code below, but this doesn't take into account if the user has the start bar on the side. Is there a way to tell if it is, and how many pixels it's taking up? thanks, southernatheart lngHorizontal = System.HorizontalResolution lngVertical = System.VerticalResolution 'RESIZE THE EXISTING DOCUMENT Application.WindowState = wdWindowStateNormal Application.Move Left:=0.2 * lngHorizon...

Pending Account Adjustments
I made a few account adjustments (credits) at HQ for a customer a couple of weeks ago. I just checked at the store level and the customer balance is not updated and the customer can't put items on his account because the credit limit is reached and the credits are not reflected at the store. I checked the customer account in the HQ database, and when I click on receivables, all credits appear as "(pending)" in the list. I don't understand what this means. Note: I closed the billing cycle up to today, and still no change. Help!!!! Think I figured it out... Need a 3...

Budget Adjusts when I add a bill
I have recurring payments set up for a monthly expenditure that happens on the first of every month. It just so happens that this month, the expense was $41 dollars over normal (the bill is normally $175). When I wrote the check for $216 and added it in, the Budget Summary adjusted my budgeted amount for this category by the difference. Here is the scenario: $300/ea. month set aside for Pet Care. $175 normally for Horse Board This month it was 216.13 Budget adjusted my $300 to $342 so that I have the normal monthly remainder of $125 left over. How do I correct this so that it goes back...

Formula Auto-Adjustment
Hello, I have a formula that references cells on another worksheet (say sheet1). The formula looks like this: =sum(sheet1:A1:A8) When I remove two rows (row 2 and row 3) from sheet1, the formula is adjusted automatically to: =sum(sheet1:A1:A6) However, this is not what I want. How do I keep the original formula sum(sheet1:A1:A8) even if rows are deleted? I tried sum(sheet1:$A$1:$A%8), but to no avail. Any help would be appreciated. Hi, Try =SUM(INDIRECT("'Sheet1'!A1:A8")) Be careful - your formula shows a ":" between the sheet name and the address it s...

Quantity Adjustment
Hi all, Can anyone advice me how to adjust items quantity in stores thru headquater manager? i tried worksheet style 307-adjust quantity items and it solved the matter by adjusting the items quantity one by one but i want to adjust ALL the items quantity in one time to 0 quantity, is this possible ?? advice me plz.. and thanks in advance :) Abba, Normally you would have the store update HQ as they should be more accurate. Process a 190 and then a 501. -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and dow...

Outlook clients adjusting server name to new server?
I will be migrating from an Exchange 2000 server to an Exchange 2003 server on new hardware soon and because I can not rename the new server to that of the old without causing heaps of problems I am going to go ahead and use a new name for the new server. The question I have is, will my Outlook clients (a mix of Outlook 2000 and 2003) automatically adjust their settings to connect to the new server name, or will I have to manually go around and change the setting on each client? I read on a forum somewhere along the line that it will happen automatically, but I can't seem to find a...

Adjusting Items In HQ?
Hello folks, I have a client that is having a problem when she adjusts item quantities in HQ to go to a specific store. She (and I) would like to know what work sheet to use when adjusting items so that it is downloaded to the store and also show up in HQ. So here is her question: Where do I adjust item quantities so that it shows up both in HQ and in the store? Now here is what we have been using worksheet style 307: Adjust Item Quantities and then we filter it by pants and finish off the wizard. Now in the worksheet there is Qty and Adjust Qty By. If "Bargain Pants - Jr" h...

Utilizing custom webcontrols in CRM
Hi, Just wondering whether anyone has successfully used the tabcontrol found in CRM. If so, is it simply a matter of adding to the VS IDE? Any help would be great. Cheers Chris dont think anyone has succesfully done this. also this would not be a supported microsoft configuration. You can learn a lot by digging through the code in the web site for crm "Chris Ericoli" <cericoliNO_SPAM@famill.com.au> wrote in message news:elDXxJOnDHA.2304@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Just wondering whether anyone has successfully used the tabcontrol found in > CRM. If ...

Turn off auto adjust of row heights
I have a complex spreadsheet for my catalogue of products. I have set row heights, fonts and sizes of texts for different rows. Every now and then my row heights are automatically changed by EXCEL. I have turned off word wrap I have locked/protected my sheet. How can I stop EXCEL automatically readjusting row heights at its discretion. Thanks ...

increase adjustment cost (current) and decrease adjustment cost (F
We are in the process of getting ready to do our year end physical inventory count. We will be using the Stock Count functionality within GP and we have Multi-Bins enabled. We have a problem where we know that some significant inventory quantities are in the wrong BINs at the moment and will be corrected as part of the physical inventory count. I ran a test where I have an item that exists in multiple BIN locations but where the BIN quantities in GP were incorrect but the overall item quantity was correct. Example: GP has: Bin A = Qty 3 Bin B = Qty 4 Bin C = Qty 5 Total Qty = 12 Phy...

Spreadsheet creating Adjusted Cost Basis of Home Improvesments
I am a new users of Excel and want to set up a spreedsheet to track the home improvements on a home just sold to use for Adjusted Costs Basis with the IRS and State. Does anyone have such a spreadsheet. I need for it to be simple, because I am simple about these kinds of things. ...

BadMail Utility
-- JoeCL LACO-CAO ...

Cost of Goods Sold/Inventory posted from Sales Order Processing
Hello, During Sales invoice posting, GP will get the latest cost information based on the stock valuation method and post the following into GL: Debit Cost of Goods Sold Credit Inventory We have a requirement whereby user woudl not want the system to post the above - for all items, all invoices (coz, they do not want to integrate the Inventory to GL) The usual Debit Debtors and Credit Sales need to proceed. Just eliminate the COGS and INVENTORY. Is the above possible. Any advices on workaround/customization etc are greatly appreciated. May In the inventory item s...

How do I adjust marker spacing in Excel scatter plot?
I am creating a char in Excel 2007 with 2 data series. 1 data series (revenue) with left Y axis uses column chart and another series (growth) uses XY Scatter chart. Both of them use the same X axis values. The trouble is that the two don't align on X axis marker. Is there a way to adjust spacing between scatter markers to get everything align? Thanks Could you use a Line rather than XY? Or there is an option to have the columns line up x-axis labels rather than between them best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "ravi...

monitor brightness adjustment
I have a 2003 Dell Dimension desktop computer and flat-screen monitor. I'm running WinXP fully updated. Is there any way I can change the brightness (and contrast) with software, or do I have to do it on the monitor itself? I went through Display properties but couldn't find anything there. Thank you! Jo-Anne Jo-Anne wrote: > I have a 2003 Dell Dimension desktop computer and flat-screen > monitor. I'm running WinXP fully updated. Is there any way I can > change the brightness (and contrast) with software, or do I have to > do it on the monitor its...

Money Plus Cost Basis
I have some mutual funds setup in Money that were purchased as systematic investments. Each purchase was recorded with the purchase price. I recently sold some shares and need he cost basis information for tax purposes. Any one know how to get Money to show me the cost basis for this sale? Thanks, Mark Run a "Capital Gains" report - current year. "Mark" <MarknRonni@verizon.net> wrote in message news:uLJ0Z%23dIKHA.1684@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I have some mutual funds setup in Money that were purchased as systematic >investments. Each purchase was...

Preserving Cost Basis (and Gain) when transfering...
Hi Everyone: I am in the process of transfering some of my funds at a Fidelity IRA to a Fidelity ROTH IRA. What is the best way to represent this in MS Money (2006)? Primarily, I am concerned with preserving my history in order to have the cost basis and gain properly in the new account. I know that if I do "transfer shares", it doesn't automatically make that happen. Nor should it, I suppose. I hope the above makes sense. If not, here's an example. Let's say current price per share of fund XXXX is $100. I have 2 shares of XXXX in my account, one which I bo...

macro adjust
I am running this macro in a spreadsheet which carries the numerical data entered in sheet A to Sheet B with (PO) before each entry. CURRENT MACRO RUNNING(WORKS PROPERLY) Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim zPO As String Dim u as Integer If Not Interest(Target, Range("A2:A9999)) Is Nothing Then On Error Resume Next zPO = "PO" & Right(Target.Value, Len(Target.Value) - 3) On Error GoTo 0 u = Sheets("Purchase Orders").Range("A65536").End(x1up).Row Sheets("Purchase Orders").Range("A" & u + 1) = zPO End If End...

How to Post Cost for Services to COGS Account
Each month, we bill our clients for several "services" we provide (i.e. web/e-mail hosting, spam filtering, remote monitoring) for which we do not stock inventory or need to track quantities on-hand. If you make the item a Sales Inventory item type, the accounts are posted correctly, but you also get negative on-hand values. Specific example: We resell e-mail spam filtering to our clients. We sell it for $x.xx per mailbox and it costs us $y.yy from our 3rd party provider. We have item "80001? setup for this service and assigned it a current cost of $y.yy. When we post a ...

How adjust top and bottom margins within a single line edit control?
I have found that I can use SetMargins to adjust the margins to the left and right of text within a (singleline) edit control. I would like to be able to do the same thing with top and bottom margins but I can't find any nice way of doing this. Does anyone know a good solution to this? The solutions I have considered are: (a) Use a multiline edit control and make it function as a single line edit control (if that works). Then use SetRect or SetRectNP to reposition the 'formatting rectangle' (these only work with multiline edit controls). OR... (b) Use WM_NCCALCSIZE to ...

My headers in Excel don't adjust with margin changes.
When changing default margins in Excel, the headers on the page don't adjust. Is it possible to have them follow the page size once my margins are adjusted? AB There is no way. They are stuck at about 3/4" Work-around is to "pad" the headers with spaces. You can move them inwards this way, but not outwards. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 06:49:04 -0800, "ABMIS" <ABMIS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When changing default margins in Excel, the headers on the page don't adjust. > Is it possible to have them follow the page ...