Adding Terms & Conditions to the Quote Form

We have a client that would like to add their Terms & Conditions (T&C) text
to the bottom of their GP Quotes. I've read that static text boxes in Report
Designer can only be 80 characters, so that won't work as the T&C text is
approximately 4-5 pages long.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to add this significant amount of
text to a GP form?

Thank you in advance.
Scott
0
ScottS833 (16)

No can do Scott - Report Writer is just not capable of this.  The best
solution is to purchase Accountable Software's Forms Printer -
www.accountable.com.

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
East Coast Dynamics
www.eastcoast-dynamics.com
blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com

0
fhamelly1 (1404)
12/19/2008 12:52:40 AM
if you don't mind writing some vba code (or in this case copying some) and
going outside of supported methods, this blog post shows one way to do what
you are asking.

http://blogs.msdn.com/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2008/09/29/purchasing-terms-conditions-example.aspx

The method isn't very flexible and the Accountable code would be a lot
cleaner - but on the other hand the above is 'free' assuming you have the
VBA module.

patrick
dev support

"Scott S." <ScottS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have a client that would like to add their Terms & Conditions (T&C)
> text
> to the bottom of their GP Quotes. I've read that static text boxes in
> Report
> Designer can only be 80 characters, so that won't work as the T&C text is
> approximately 4-5 pages long.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions on how to add this significant amount of
> text to a GP form?
>
> Thank you in advance.
> Scott

0
prot1 (1345)
12/19/2008 3:24:16 AM
You can also use old fashioned Microsoft Word to create merge of the Quote
document information with a standard Terms and Condition document. I will
address this in a future blog article.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"Scott S." wrote:

> We have a client that would like to add their Terms & Conditions (T&C) text
> to the bottom of their GP Quotes. I've read that static text boxes in Report
> Designer can only be 80 characters, so that won't work as the T&C text is
> approximately 4-5 pages long.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions on how to add this significant amount of
> text to a GP form?
>
> Thank you in advance.
> Scott
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
12/19/2008 3:08:01 PM
Old Fashion method....

Terms and Conditions are usually standard and not customized per Quote or
Customer....
Either print them out and attach before mailing or create a pdf and attach
before emailing.

Depends how they process their quotes and  volume of the work.

You can also use Crystal Reports to print the quotes with data and T&C
 and then replace the GP reportwriter form
with the Rockton product the integrates GP with Crystal.

Many options depending on process and level of effort.

"Scott S." <ScottS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have a client that would like to add their Terms & Conditions (T&C)
> text
> to the bottom of their GP Quotes. I've read that static text boxes in
> Report
> Designer can only be 80 characters, so that won't work as the T&C text is
> approximately 4-5 pages long.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions on how to add this significant amount of
> text to a GP form?
>
> Thank you in advance.
> Scott

0
datamna (7)
12/19/2008 9:16:19 PM
Guys,
Thanks for all the suggestions. While the VBA coding options sounds
intriguing, I am not that comfortable with having to support a
“non-supported” solution, especially after future upgrades, so that’s
probably something I will only play with in my free time. I will review both
the Accountable and Rockton software solutions and recommend one to my client.

Thanks again for the assistance.

"TravellingMan" wrote:

> Old Fashion method....
>
> Terms and Conditions are usually standard and not customized per Quote or
> Customer....
> Either print them out and attach before mailing or create a pdf and attach
> before emailing.
>
> Depends how they process their quotes and  volume of the work.
>
> You can also use Crystal Reports to print the quotes with data and T&C
>  and then replace the GP reportwriter form
> with the Rockton product the integrates GP with Crystal.
>
> Many options depending on process and level of effort.
>
> "Scott S." <ScottS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We have a client that would like to add their Terms & Conditions (T&C)
> > text
> > to the bottom of their GP Quotes. I've read that static text boxes in
> > Report
> > Designer can only be 80 characters, so that won't work as the T&C text is
> > approximately 4-5 pages long.
> >
> > Does anyone have any suggestions on how to add this significant amount of
> > text to a GP form?
> >
> > Thank you in advance.
> > Scott

0
ScottS833 (16)
12/22/2008 10:26:00 PM
Scott,

Just to throw another option out there for you, we also have a product
called GP Reports Viewer that lets you print Crystal Reports from GP:
http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html.

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

> Guys,
> Thanks for all the suggestions. While the VBA coding options sounds
> intriguing, I am not that comfortable with having to support a
> “non-supported” solution, especially after future upgrades, so that’s
> probably something I will only play with in my free time. I will review
> both
> the Accountable and Rockton software solutions and recommend one to my
> client.
>
> Thanks again for the assistance.
>

> "TravellingMan" wrote:
>
>> Old Fashion method....
>>
>> Terms and Conditions are usually standard and not customized per Quote or
>> Customer....
>> Either print them out and attach before mailing or create a pdf and
>> attach
>> before emailing.
>>
>> Depends how they process their quotes and  volume of the work.
>>
>> You can also use Crystal Reports to print the quotes with data and T&C
>>  and then replace the GP reportwriter form
>> with the Rockton product the integrates GP with Crystal.
>>
>> Many options depending on process and level of effort.
>>
>> "Scott S." <ScottS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > We have a client that would like to add their Terms & Conditions (T&C)
>> > text
>> > to the bottom of their GP Quotes. I've read that static text boxes in
>> > Report
>> > Designer can only be 80 characters, so that won't work as the T&C text
>> > is
>> > approximately 4-5 pages long.
>> >
>> > Does anyone have any suggestions on how to add this significant amount
>> > of
>> > text to a GP form?
>> >
>> > Thank you in advance.
>> > Scott

0
victoria (3340)

Adding hyperlinks with parameters

pop-up form/message box problem
I have a main form where records are entered; in one field users select from a list of citations, if they type something that's not on the list, a message box pops up asking if they'd like to add the new citation, when they click "yes" the pop-up form where they enter the citation information opens, no problem. HOWEVER, if they close the pop-up form without entering any data the default Access message " The text you entered isn't an item in the list." appears. How do I prevent that from happening? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmon...

Is there an "Execute" worksheet function?
Is there a way I can get Excel to "execute" an expression that is stored in a cell as a test string? Say C4 contains "3+4". Can I put some expression in C5 that will execute that expression and result in "7"? I tried =calculate(C4) and a few other things, but no joy. in the absence of putting = in front of c4, try this =LEFT(C4,FIND("+",C4)-1)+RIGHT(C4,LEN(C4)-FIND("+",C4)) -- Don Guillett Excel MVP SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "LurfysMa" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message news:o5fn83thi0g5tivf55abvhv...

Condition Format syntax
I have pairs of cells to test. What I want to check is if the value of the 2nd cell is higher than the first, but less than 1.5 times as high. I've tried various syntax combinations using 'Formula is', but just can't seem to hit the right one (Excel 2003). Can anyone help? -- Paul Hyett, Cheltenham (change 'invalid83261' to 'blueyonder' to email me) Hi Paul, Try this one: =IF(B1>A1,IF(B1<A1*1.5,"Yes","No"),"No") Regards, Per "Paul Hyett" <vidcapper@invalid83261.co.uk> skrev i meddelelsen news:XeIMdj...

ADDING A NUMBER

XML <IF> condition
Following code segment looks good but the <IF> equates to true always and all departments print... What am I doing wrong? <ROW> "Non-Taxable Sales:" </ROW> <SET name="NonTaxableTotal" type="vbCurrency"> 0 </SET> <SET name="TATTOO" type="vbString"> "TATTOO" </SET> <FOR each="ReportDepartment"> <IF> <CONDITION> Report.Department.Name = TATTOO </CONDITION> <THEN> <ROW> Report.Department.Name &qu...

adding new records

"view like server explorer"
Hi to all, I want to develop a view like server explorer that .Net has got. I am using vc++ 6.0 and MFC. Hope for the response soon. Thanking You. Your's Satyam Kumar Das. Use a tree control (CTreeCtrl) and image list (CImageList) and create accordingly. - MR "Satyam Kumar" <Satyam Kumar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C4461D8-FEFC-4B37-9D13-FF3C939461F9@microsoft.com... > Hi to all, > I want to develop a view like server explorer that .Net has got. I am > using > vc++ 6.0 and MFC. > Hope for the response soon. > Thanking You. >...

When adding attachments...

Help in Query with two condition
hello all, I have a table like this: Planner Qty User6 CUT SUB BAM-06 1 CONC Yes No BAM-06 1 CONC No Yes BAM-06 1 TOC Yes No BAM-06 1 TOC No Yes BAM-06 1 TACT Yes No BAM-06 1 TACT No Yes JAXM-06 1 CONC Yes No JAXM-06 1 CONC No Yes JAXM-06 1 TOC Yes No JAXM-06 1 TOC No Yes JAXM-06 1 TACT Yes No JAXM-06 1 TACT No Yes Note: CUT and SUB are check box I want a result as follow: User6 A B C D E F CONC 2 2 1 1 1 1 TACT 2 2 1 1 1 1 TOC 2 2 1 1 1 1 WHERE: A SUM Qty =BAM-06 B SUM Qty =JAXM-06 C SUM Qty =BAM-06 if Cut=YES D SUM Qty =JAXM-06 if Cut=YES E SUM Qty =BAM-06 if SUB=YES F SUM Qty =JAXM-06 i...

"resetting" the "automatically complete emailaddress" list
Outlook 2003 remembers email addresses and not only addresses that are in the contactlist, but once I entered a wrong email address I make the mistake using the wrong one next time. Where can I find the list where those email addresses are in, so I can delete the wrong ones or reset it. This is also the problem with the "location" tab in a Calender item. I also want to "reset" this list Thanks, John Remove individual addresses from the autocompletion cache by highlighting the entry when presented in the suggested names list (use your arrow key to migrate to the entr...

Conditional Formating based on Odd vs. Even
Hi If row in column A contains an even number, shade that row in Colum B-G Yellow, If odd Shade Gray, If blank No Shade. Can this be done i a formula in Conditional Formatting? If so, how? Help appreciated. Nathan Sargean -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Sure. Select B:G Condition 1: Formula is =Len($A1)=0 (no format) Condition 2: Formula is =MOD($A1,2)=0 (yellow format) Condition 3: FOrmula is : =MOD($A1,2)=1 (grey format) Bob Umlas Excel MVP "natei6 >" <<natei6.1699y4@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:natei6.1699y4@excelforum-no...

multiple value choices for If range().value = "xxx"
The macro below runs on worksheet change and works properly. However, I have 5 values to examine in column H. The values are: Split, Payday 1, Payday 2, Payday 3, and Payday 4. Any of these choices should result in unlocking and clearing the cells in that row (first part of if statement). Otherwise, the range 'pasterage' is copied to that row and it is locked again. I can't find the proper syntax (if there is any) to say something like is possible in SQL (if ...value in ("Split","Payday 1",...)) Please advise on the best way to go about this. ...

Adding ActiveX to dialog with wrapper

Validating data in a subform against data in main form
I have a main form with a subform. Each form is bound to its own table but are linked through a primary key (customerID). On the main form, I have a customer's date of birth (dob). On the subform, I have the customrer's date of order (doo). Basically, I want to validate that the date of order entered by the user is later than the date of birth. How can I do this? I tried to do it in the subform's BeforeUpdate event but it failed. It didn't seem to recognize dob (customer's date of birth). Perhaps, I was not referring to dob properly. I'm new to ...

Adding alternate columns

Conditional Colors for Charts #2
Hello, I have on a sheet with several graphs and I would like to execute the procedure below automatically. In advance thank you for the assistance Yves Sub ColorColumns() Dim vntValues As Variant Dim intSeries As Integer Dim intPoint As Integer With ActiveChart For intSeries = 1 To .SeriesCollection.Count With .SeriesCollection(intSeries) vntValues = .Values For intPoint = 1 To .Points.Count If vntValues(intPoint) < 60 Then ..Points(intPoint).Interior.Color = vbRed ElseIf vntValues(intPoint) >= 60 And vntValues(intPoint) < 80 Then ..Points(intPoint).Interior.Color = vbYellow E...

Adding fields from a different query

Copy Data From Main To Sub Form
Hi everyone! Using A02 on XP. I have a main form [ICSUpgrade2008MainForm] with some data on it that I would like to copy down to my subform [ICSUpgrade2008SubForm] when I click a button on the subform. The Main Form field is: [Forms]![ICSUpgrade2008MainForm]![Trustee] and the Sub Form field is [Forms]![ICSUpgrade2008SubForm]![ContactName]. I want to copy the name from [Trustee] to [ContactName]. I've played with me.contactname = and can't figure out the mainform field. Do I have to create an unbound field on my subform to = the mainform field and copy that way? Seems a b...

I don't have a "drop down" arrow to choose an email
I have Outlook 2000 (9.0.0.2711) Corporate or Workgroup I have 4 email addresses that I want to use. When sending an email, how do I have the opportunity to choose which account it is from? I don't have a drop down arrow, nor a "send email using" option.. HELP! If I recall correctly those options don't exist in Outlook 2000. Can you upgrade to a newer version? Outlook XP (2002) and 2003 both include a "Send Using" capability that is quite good. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable ...

Printing conditional images
All, I am certain there's a simple answer to this but it has been baffling me so I'm throwing it open to the world after searching the archives with little success. In my worksheet, I have inserted images conditional on cells containing certain values. The code is as follows: ~~~~~~~~~~~~ Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate() Me.Shapes("Picture 1").Visible = (Range("C14") = 2) Me.Shapes("Picture 2").Visible = (Range("C23") = 5.76) End Sub ~~~~~~~~~~~~ The images appear without any problem and all is well on-screen. However, I...