Adding Terms & Conditions to the Quote Form

We have a client that would like to add their Terms & Conditions (T&C) text
to the bottom of their GP Quotes. I've read that static text boxes in Report
Designer can only be 80 characters, so that won't work as the T&C text is
approximately 4-5 pages long.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to add this significant amount of
text to a GP form?

Thank you in advance.
Scott
0
ScottS833 (16)

No can do Scott - Report Writer is just not capable of this.  The best
solution is to purchase Accountable Software's Forms Printer -
www.accountable.com.

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
East Coast Dynamics
www.eastcoast-dynamics.com
blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com

0
fhamelly1 (1404)
12/19/2008 12:52:40 AM
if you don't mind writing some vba code (or in this case copying some) and
going outside of supported methods, this blog post shows one way to do what
you are asking.

http://blogs.msdn.com/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2008/09/29/purchasing-terms-conditions-example.aspx

The method isn't very flexible and the Accountable code would be a lot
cleaner - but on the other hand the above is 'free' assuming you have the
VBA module.

patrick
dev support

"Scott S." <ScottS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have a client that would like to add their Terms & Conditions (T&C)
> text
> to the bottom of their GP Quotes. I've read that static text boxes in
> Report
> Designer can only be 80 characters, so that won't work as the T&C text is
> approximately 4-5 pages long.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions on how to add this significant amount of
> text to a GP form?
>
> Thank you in advance.
> Scott

0
prot1 (1345)
12/19/2008 3:24:16 AM
You can also use old fashioned Microsoft Word to create merge of the Quote
document information with a standard Terms and Condition document. I will
address this in a future blog article.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"Scott S." wrote:

> We have a client that would like to add their Terms & Conditions (T&C) text
> to the bottom of their GP Quotes. I've read that static text boxes in Report
> Designer can only be 80 characters, so that won't work as the T&C text is
> approximately 4-5 pages long.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions on how to add this significant amount of
> text to a GP form?
>
> Thank you in advance.
> Scott
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
12/19/2008 3:08:01 PM
Old Fashion method....

Terms and Conditions are usually standard and not customized per Quote or
Customer....
Either print them out and attach before mailing or create a pdf and attach
before emailing.

Depends how they process their quotes and  volume of the work.

You can also use Crystal Reports to print the quotes with data and T&C
 and then replace the GP reportwriter form
with the Rockton product the integrates GP with Crystal.

Many options depending on process and level of effort.

"Scott S." <ScottS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have a client that would like to add their Terms & Conditions (T&C)
> text
> to the bottom of their GP Quotes. I've read that static text boxes in
> Report
> Designer can only be 80 characters, so that won't work as the T&C text is
> approximately 4-5 pages long.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions on how to add this significant amount of
> text to a GP form?
>
> Thank you in advance.
> Scott

0
datamna (7)
12/19/2008 9:16:19 PM
Guys,
Thanks for all the suggestions. While the VBA coding options sounds
intriguing, I am not that comfortable with having to support a
“non-supported” solution, especially after future upgrades, so that’s
probably something I will only play with in my free time. I will review both
the Accountable and Rockton software solutions and recommend one to my client.

Thanks again for the assistance.

"TravellingMan" wrote:

> Old Fashion method....
>
> Terms and Conditions are usually standard and not customized per Quote or
> Customer....
> Either print them out and attach before mailing or create a pdf and attach
> before emailing.
>
> Depends how they process their quotes and  volume of the work.
>
> You can also use Crystal Reports to print the quotes with data and T&C
>  and then replace the GP reportwriter form
> with the Rockton product the integrates GP with Crystal.
>
> Many options depending on process and level of effort.
>
> "Scott S." <ScottS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We have a client that would like to add their Terms & Conditions (T&C)
> > text
> > to the bottom of their GP Quotes. I've read that static text boxes in
> > Report
> > Designer can only be 80 characters, so that won't work as the T&C text is
> > approximately 4-5 pages long.
> >
> > Does anyone have any suggestions on how to add this significant amount of
> > text to a GP form?
> >
> > Thank you in advance.
> > Scott

0
ScottS833 (16)
12/22/2008 10:26:00 PM
Scott,

Just to throw another option out there for you, we also have a product
called GP Reports Viewer that lets you print Crystal Reports from GP:
http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html.

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

> Guys,
> Thanks for all the suggestions. While the VBA coding options sounds
> intriguing, I am not that comfortable with having to support a
> “non-supported” solution, especially after future upgrades, so that’s
> probably something I will only play with in my free time. I will review
> both
> the Accountable and Rockton software solutions and recommend one to my
> client.
>
> Thanks again for the assistance.
>

> "TravellingMan" wrote:
>
>> Old Fashion method....
>>
>> Terms and Conditions are usually standard and not customized per Quote or
>> Customer....
>> Either print them out and attach before mailing or create a pdf and
>> attach
>> before emailing.
>>
>> Depends how they process their quotes and  volume of the work.
>>
>> You can also use Crystal Reports to print the quotes with data and T&C
>>  and then replace the GP reportwriter form
>> with the Rockton product the integrates GP with Crystal.
>>
>> Many options depending on process and level of effort.
>>
>> "Scott S." <ScottS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > We have a client that would like to add their Terms & Conditions (T&C)
>> > text
>> > to the bottom of their GP Quotes. I've read that static text boxes in
>> > Report
>> > Designer can only be 80 characters, so that won't work as the T&C text
>> > is
>> > approximately 4-5 pages long.
>> >
>> > Does anyone have any suggestions on how to add this significant amount
>> > of
>> > text to a GP form?
>> >
>> > Thank you in advance.
>> > Scott

0
victoria (3340)

Re-build Exchange 2003 AD
How would I go about re-building my Exchange Server 2003 AD? Something is not right with the OS it keep re-boot about once a day. I would like to re-install W2k3 and exchange and then restore the Information Store with out restore the C and D drives. Thanks for your help! "Maida" <Maida@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1B2B95D4-BE8C-4719-A657-7C1651244342@microsoft.com... > How would I go about re-building my Exchange Server 2003 AD? Something is > not > right with the OS it keep re-boot about once a day. I would like to > re-install W2k3 and...

C# Adding Days to a Date
Hello, I have 2 objects: objContract.activeon and objContract.expireson. I am trying to add 364 days to objContract.activeon and assign it to the value of objContractexpireson. ---------------------------------------------------------- // Contract Start Date DateTime dt = DateTime.Now; objContract.activeon = new CrmDateTime(); int iFound = 0; string sTemp = ""; if (objAccount.paymenttermscode.Value == 1) // due on receipt - use Todays Date { objContract.activeon = objInvoice.CFDinvoicedate; } else // ...

How to display email address instead of AD name
We have several employees who are set up with multiple email addresses. We also have multiple employees with access to a "common" customer service account which is set up with dozens of email addresses. How can I set up our Exchange 2003 server to list the actual address the email was sent to instead of using the Active Directory name for the employee in the email's "to" field? We are currently on the latest revs for Exchange 2003 running on Windows Server 2003 (32-bit). I know it is possible because this feature was working for us prior to moving the Exha...

Adding Futura Bk font
Hello, I'd like to use the Futura Bk font within my Excel spreadsheet. When I select the drop down box for possible font selections, Futura Bk is not an option. I had the Futura Bk option available to me when I used previous versions of Excel. How do I add Futura Bk as a possible font selection for my Excel spreadsheets? Thanks in advance for your help. -Scott Do you have that font installed on your pc? windows start button|settings|control panel|font applet If you don't, then you'll have to install that font. (I have winXP home and xl2003 and that font is installed...

Name Range with using Data Form
I first created a variable with A1:D1, four columns with named variable Data. How to expand this Data range to A1:D2 after using the DataForm to add one row data in the worksheet?? The same, the Data range should be A1:D3 when adding one more data row... million thanks Hi use the following formula in the name definition dialog =OFFSET($A$1:$D$1,0,0,COUNTA($A:$A)) >-----Original Message----- >I first created a variable with A1:D1, four columns with named variable >Data. How to expand this Data range to A1:D2 after using the DataForm to add >one row data in the worksheet?? The...

conditional formatting #3
can excel 2007 do this in conditional formating? A B Group Total Bathtubs & Acc. 90325 4 Say, when you do a conditional format < 10 to the column labeled "total" and I have it do a green fill. I would like the cells ( Bathtubs & Acc.,90325 and 4) to be highlighted in green. I have tried but 90325 never get highlighted because it is greater than 10. Is it possible? Thanks Hi Charles, I'm not sure how the headers A, B, Group & Total relate to only 3 lots of data below them. Anyway assume that Total is in the 4th...

Form auto-fill linking
Hi, I am very new to Access (2003) and don't have any familiarity with coding. I am trying to develop a form for entering chart information for a large number of patients. Each patient has a unique record number associated with him/her ("Patient Information" table), and one to several visits. Each visit of each patient has its own chart ID number ("Patient Visits" table), which in turn is associated with the chart information for that particular visit ("Chart Information" table). I would like to be able to enter the record number of a patient into a form and...

Conditional Formatting 04-25-07
I have a table which I export as an Excel spreadsheet which is the format the client prefers to use. I need to highlight certain cells which meet a specific criteria. I know that you cannot use conditional formatting in tables. Is there a way to highlight the cells before the table is exported using code or on opening in Excel? Thanks for your help. ...

Help with ldifde or adfind AD<>Exchange
* Also posted in the AD forum Hi, I have a request to separate mail-enabled contacts and legitimate exchange mail boxes which are combined in our exchange organization. I'm trying to get this data from the following attribute: msExchHomeServerName msExchHomeServerName: /o=OrganizationName/ou=Mail-01/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers <--- this is where the contacts & mailboxes are combined Here's a sample ldifde command: ldifde -f output.ldf -s dc12003 -d "dc=snetworks,dc=com" -p subtree -r "(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=User)(msExchHomeServerName=...

Confusion with bound/unbound fields on forms
Hello, I am trying to develop a data entry form which will insert data into several tables. When I bind each object (text fields and combo boxes) to the respective tables & columns, I cannot enter data in the various objects. When the form loads, "#NAME?" appears in the text boxes. So, in order to enter data, I must leave them unbound. Can anyone explain what is happening here, why, and how I can correct it? Also, when all the data on my field is entered in the text boxes, and values selected from the combo boxes, I need to execute the queries to save the data to the ...

Form Name as Variable
Hi, I have the following subroutine: Public Sub SetMeterBasic(p As Single) ' This subprocedure is used to update the progress meter bar With Forms![FormA] .shpMeterBar.Width = p * .lblMeter.Width .lblMeter.Caption = Format(p, "##%") .Repaint End With End Sub FormA is a form from which I called the main subroutine of the program which then later called this procedure. Is there a way I can pass a form name to Sub SetMeter e.g. so its first line is Public Sub SetMeterBasic(p As Single, FormName as String) where the variable FormName can function as &...

Changing a forms properties under program control
I have a form caled "frm _Main" and that form has a Sub Form called "frm_Sub_Address" embeded in it. I am wanting to make the "frm_Sub_Address" get its information from two different Tables depending on what info the user wants. The two Tables are called "tbl_Stores" and "tbl_Suppliers". I know that you will raise the question, why do I have 2 tables containing Adddress info but putting that pointy to one side for the moment, my code is as follows, depending on what info the user wants :- iF user wants this info For...

Filtering Error: "You Cancelled the Previous Operation"
I have a form that I've developed that shows data from all over my database, grouping it all together and displaying it for the user's ease of use. There are four status indicator columns on this form, each one either equal to "Green", "Yellow", or "Red". At the bottom of each column is a drop-down combo box I have added that allows the user to filter on a certain color, so they can see what records have a certain status. They can search on "Green", "Yellow", "Red", or "All", which removes all filtering. ...

Accidentally pressed "Don't Save" in Work
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I was working on a school project and its a very long project and i forgot to save it in-between. I had open a few word documents and wanted to close one, but closed the one i was working on and hit Don't Save button by accident. Is there a way to get my work back? <br> PS. I allready checkt the recovery folder and it didn't contained my file. Hi. Unfortunately, there is not much you can do at this point. You won't find any backup files in the recovery folder, as you told Word that you di...

Exchange 5.5 within a AD domain?
Hello, What do I need to think about if I want to upgrade my NT 4.0 domain, containing a single Exchange 5.5 server, to Win2k3 AD??? Will my Exchange 5.5 server continue to run?? Troy You will not be able to upgrade the Exchange 5.5 server to w2003. You should check out Microsoft's site for AD deployment / Migration papers. http://support.microsoft.com/winsvr2003ad "Troy Bruder" <troy.bruder@aptconsulting.com> wrote in message news:%233RbVI3wEHA.2676@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > What do I need to think about if I want to upgrade my NT 4.0 domain, ...

Outlook 2003 error "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error if the problem persists restart outlook" #3
Hi, I am not able to perform actions like ReplyAll, Updating a task item.. on my outlook 2003, am getting the following error - The messaging interface has returned an unknown error if the problem persists restart outlook. Prior to this installtion i had outlook 2007 beta installed on my machine but I uninstalled it, actually during the uninstall process i had accidentally clicked the cancel button, later on i did the uninstallation from Control Panel. Then i tried installing outlook 2003 though the installation got executed smoothly but am not able to perform the above mentioned actions. Als...

Cell Selection after "Enter"
In the Excel applications we build for others it is useful to have the cell selection remain on the cell after the data in it is modified. This is done by unchecking "Move Selection after Enter" on the "Edit" tab of the "Options" dialogue. However, when protecting the worksheet to allow selection of unlocked cells only, the cell selection then ignores the Edit tab setting and moves in the default direction after Enter. If worksheet protection is modified to also allow selection of locked cells, then the cell selection will obey the Edit setting and not ...

Making forms work
Someone please help me make a form!!! Hi you may provide some more details what your exact problem is :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany RED wrote: > Someone please help me make a form!!! hi, to make a form. go to the vb editor alt+F11 on the tool bar- insert>userform ok we have a form. now what? Regards Frank >-----Original Message----- >Someone please help me make a form!!! >. > OK this sparked my interest. I am willing to read. Anyone have a link to a good site to learn about forms? Steve "Frank Stone" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com...

Price Quotes
I upgraded from M2001 to M2004. I have several mny files I use for different entities [trusts, partnerships, etc.]. After the upgrade, one of the files no longer downloads stock/fund price updates although this file satisfactorily downloads statements from the brokerage house. What's going on? -- Mike mloy@citadelenterprises.com ...

adding to groups
when we have an existing group and then go in and add additional names, the added names show up by email address, not by name which makes it harder to sort. we have tried going in and changing the name in the display section but this seems to have no impact. once they are in by email address in the new group there does not seem to be a way to change it to display by name. got any ideas ...

Adding values from several sheets
I would like to add the values from five sheets in the same workbook from cells containing =COUNTIF(B12:S12,9) (or similar. Unfortunately the normal method of copying and pasting returns an error (#ref) as though it is looking for the range on the summary sheet? Can anyone help please? Thanks John P Are the values on the 5 sheets in the same location, say S13? =SUM(Sheet1:Sheet5!S13) On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 23:12:02 +0100, "John P" <jp@jpwebs.co.uk> wrote: >I would like to add the values from five sheets in the same workbook from >cells containing =COUNTIF(B...

Linking Quotes to 'Open Opportunities'
I am trying to link quotes to the 'Open Opportunities' Entity so that when all our sales guys look at 'all open Opportunities' they can see at a glance which ones have a quote linked to them I want this to be done automatically when a new quote is generated. Can this be done? ...

Help is needed with Conditional Formatting drudgery
I am trying desperately to reduce mouse clicks (and carpal tunnel syndrome risk!) with the following problem: I have 90 SETS of three price calculations, each trio equipped with its own drop down list which determines whether certain cells should be blacked out. The calculations are distributed among 30 tabs, an average of 3 sets of calculations per each tab. I have been copying the blank forms over the different tabs and I have been manually adjusting (a) the cell links for each drop down list and (b) all the conditional format formulas (I have been using the format painter to as m...

Problem running sub on a User Form
I have a User Form that has (21) check boxes for making the worksheets in the workbook visible or hidden. Also on this User Form there is an Update Control Button that is clicked to transfer the Data from the User Form to the Worksheet. My problem is if the Worksheet is hidden and I try to update the workbook I get an error message. Run_Time Error 1004 Select Method of worksheet class failed The following code works perfect as long as all the worksheets are visable, but once you hide one of the worksheets I get above error message. I am not sure how to code this to check...

Lookup with multiple conditions #2
I have two cells as followes : A B 1 Sachin Vikas 2 Sachin Amit 3 Sachin Vikas 4 Sachin Vikas i want to count no of times Sachin and Vikas comes in one row Here ans is Three. =sumproduct(--(a1:a4="sachin"),--(b1:b4="vikas")) is one way. =sumproduct() wants to work with numbers. -- converts true/false to 0/1. Sachin Narute wrote: > > I have two cells as followes : > > A B > 1 Sachin Vikas > 2 Sachin Amit > 3 Sachin Vikas > 4 Sachin ...