Adding new Modules to GP 9.0

We purchased new modules to be added to GP, what are the steps we need to
follow to implement them.  Please advise. We have an existing version of
Great plains which we upgraded from 8.0 to 9.0 and applied SP2.  We bought
Fixed assets module, Integration Manager and some other modules.  I need to
install the software for these modules, and logically thinking I might have
to service pack again.

Please let me kow.

Thanks in advance.
--
Chetan Tanna
Sr. Manager Of IT

Use Add/Remove programs to change the setup. Integration Manager is installed
from the second cd.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Chetan Tanna" wrote:

> We purchased new modules to be added to GP, what are the steps we need to
> follow to implement them.  Please advise. We have an existing version of
> Great plains which we upgraded from 8.0 to 9.0 and applied SP2.  We bought
> Fixed assets module, Integration Manager and some other modules.  I need to
> install the software for these modules, and logically thinking I might have
> to service pack again.
>
> Please let me kow.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> --
> Chetan Tanna
> Sr. Manager Of IT
0
callen (2504)
10/16/2007 8:26:02 PM
Make sure you put in your new registration keys because some modules may
already be installed.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Charles Allen" wrote:

> Use Add/Remove programs to change the setup. Integration Manager is installed
> from the second cd.
> --
> Charles Allen, MVP
>

> "Chetan Tanna" wrote:
>
> > We purchased new modules to be added to GP, what are the steps we need to
> > follow to implement them.  Please advise. We have an existing version of
> > Great plains which we upgraded from 8.0 to 9.0 and applied SP2.  We bought
> > Fixed assets module, Integration Manager and some other modules.  I need to
> > install the software for these modules, and logically thinking I might have
> > to service pack again.
> >
> > Please let me kow.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> > --
> > Chetan Tanna
> > Sr. Manager Of IT
0
callen (2504)
10/16/2007 8:30:01 PM
One last thing. You didn't mention the other modules' names and there are
different installation procedures for modules not already on the GP CD, like
the Advanced Payroll module. Therefore, if you have questions about a
specific module, write back.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Charles Allen" wrote:

> Make sure you put in your new registration keys because some modules may
> already be installed.
> --
> Charles Allen, MVP
>

> "Charles Allen" wrote:
>
> > Use Add/Remove programs to change the setup. Integration Manager is installed
> > from the second cd.
> > --
> > Charles Allen, MVP
> >

> > "Chetan Tanna" wrote:
> >
> > > We purchased new modules to be added to GP, what are the steps we need to
> > > follow to implement them.  Please advise. We have an existing version of
> > > Great plains which we upgraded from 8.0 to 9.0 and applied SP2.  We bought
> > > Fixed assets module, Integration Manager and some other modules.  I need to
> > > install the software for these modules, and logically thinking I might have
> > > to service pack again.
> > >
> > > Please let me kow.
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance.
> > > --
> > > Chetan Tanna
> > > Sr. Manager Of IT
0
callen (2504)
10/16/2007 8:41:02 PM
Thanks once again for your valuable input.  We are going with Fixed Assets,
nothing on Payroll and HR side.

Thanks,
Chetan
--
Chetan Tanna
Sr. Manager Of IT

"Charles Allen" wrote:

> One last thing. You didn't mention the other modules' names and there are
> different installation procedures for modules not already on the GP CD, like
> the Advanced Payroll module. Therefore, if you have questions about a
> specific module, write back.
> --
> Charles Allen, MVP
>

> "Charles Allen" wrote:
>
> > Make sure you put in your new registration keys because some modules may
> > already be installed.
> > --
> > Charles Allen, MVP
> >

> > "Charles Allen" wrote:
> >
> > > Use Add/Remove programs to change the setup. Integration Manager is installed
> > > from the second cd.
> > > --
> > > Charles Allen, MVP

What's the rule for re-applying service packs? I'm a little confused about
when you must re-apply one.

For example, let's say I have a workstation with 9.0 SP2 but doesn't have
Fixed Assets installed (but it appears in Add/Remove Programs as being
available). If I add it via Add/Remove Programs, do I need to reapply SP2 on
this workstation? If not, under what circumstances is a reinstall required?

--
Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager
HDA, Inc.  Hazelwood, MO

"Chetan Tanna" wrote:

> Thanks once again for your valuable input.  We are going with Fixed Assets,
> nothing on Payroll and HR side.
>
> Thanks,
> Chetan
> --
> Chetan Tanna
> Sr. Manager Of IT
>

> "Charles Allen" wrote:
>
> > One last thing. You didn't mention the other modules' names and there are
> > different installation procedures for modules not already on the GP CD, like
> > the Advanced Payroll module. Therefore, if you have questions about a
> > specific module, write back.
> > --
> > Charles Allen, MVP
> >

> > "Charles Allen" wrote:
> >
> > > Make sure you put in your new registration keys because some modules may
> > > already be installed.
> > > --
> > > Charles Allen, MVP

0
Bud (544)
10/29/2007 5:48:00 PM
I think you need to repply the service pack as you are installing the new
software which was not installed before.  If any holes are patched for this
new software in service pack then they are not plugged.  Be careful though,
we ran into the problem when we were adding new modules, it ran forever.  We
are going to do one module at a time.
--
Chetan Tanna
Sr. Manager Of IT

"Bud" wrote:

> What's the rule for re-applying service packs? I'm a little confused about
> when you must re-apply one.
>
> For example, let's say I have a workstation with 9.0 SP2 but doesn't have
> Fixed Assets installed (but it appears in Add/Remove Programs as being
> available). If I add it via Add/Remove Programs, do I need to reapply SP2 on
> this workstation? If not, under what circumstances is a reinstall required?
>

> --
> Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager
> HDA, Inc.  Hazelwood, MO
> GP 9.0, SP2
>

> "Chetan Tanna" wrote:
>
> > Thanks once again for your valuable input.  We are going with Fixed Assets,
> > nothing on Payroll and HR side.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Chetan
> > --
> > Chetan Tanna
> > Sr. Manager Of IT
> >

> > "Charles Allen" wrote:
> >
> > > One last thing. You didn't mention the other modules' names and there are
> > > different installation procedures for modules not already on the GP CD, like
> > > the Advanced Payroll module. Therefore, if you have questions about a
> > > specific module, write back.
> > > --
> > > Charles Allen, MVP

Adding hyperlinks with parameters

no sound for new mail in inbox
i have same problems about sound. 1. does that mean i have to leave outlook open for 5 minutes or longer to hear a sound for new mail in the inbox? 2, do i have to create a rule to play a sound for items going into personal folders?and how do you do that? 1. Please quote the post to which you are referring - no one here has any idea what the original question/answer entailed. 2. Post your version of Outlook. 3. Use rules and alerts. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: h...

'Accept' option not functioning in Workplace module
When users attempt to move email to the 'In Progrss' folder, they are unable to do so using the 'Accept' Action - in fatc there appears to be no way of removing email from the email without deleting it. Does someone have any insights as to why email can not be move to the 'In Progree' folder using 'Accept'? ...

ADDING A NUMBER

adding new records

When adding attachments...

New Entry Point for a DLL
Hey all. I have a problem with a DLL written in VC++ 6.00. There are 5 existing entry points, and I'm trying to create a new one. I've copied the syntax of the existing code - I have a method that looks like this: double WINAPI getElapsedSecs() { return elapsedSecs; } and a declaration that sits with the other declaration and looks like this: extern "C" double WINAPI getElapsedSecs(); I rebuild the DLL, and everything seems to have compiled ok. However, when the .NET parent program tries to call this entry point, I get an EntryPointNotFoundException....

Inbox doesn't show new emails in Outlook 2007
When I am looking in the Inbox and new emails arrive they don't appear although the number of unread emails in the Inbox increases. I have to select another folder and then return to the Inbox to see the new emails. -- Peter Saxton from London peter@petersaxton.co.uk What kind of email account? Do you have any anti-virus Outlook plugin disabled, especially AVG's? Patrick Schmid -------------- http://pschmid.net "peter@petersaxton.co.uk" <peter@petersaxton.co.uk> wrote in message news:f9vb82hg7m14to2ep3pr3qkh761bbo0k3d@4ax.com: > When I am looking in the Inbo...

Error when add New User #2
Hi, dont know when it happened. When I add new user to production MSCRM 4, there is an error message (An error Has occurred.....). However, when I try to add this user to my test CRM, it can successfully add without any problem. Both servers are running the same spec and version. I tried to add different users to production but all failed. I have set the deverror to ON but the error message still appear as An error has occurs. Apart from that, I have used CRM diagostic Tool but cannot see anything unusual from the log. I have even run the repair but effort is all wasted. Please He...

Add new field to grid
I have added the Customer Ship to Address to the RM Customer Inquiry grid. I need to create VBA code to populate this field. In a grid window, where do I open the data base and at what point do I read the table to populate this field. Thank you Amy Hi Amy Using the Window_AfterOpen event, you will need to use RetrieveGlobals to obtain the login credentials, then ADO to open a connection to the SQL server. You close the connection on the Window_AfterClose event. Then on the Before_LinePopulate event on the Grid form, you perform the actual SQL query. I have an example you can have ...

How to send alert to mobile device when new mail arrives?
Gurus, I have a user who is member of a mail-enabled distribution group. She would like to recieve an alert or notification on her mobile whenever mail is recieved through this group address. How can I accomplish this? I'm using Exchange 2003 SP2 on Server2003. Thanks, -Michael On Thu, 3 Aug 2006 16:18:02 -0700, Holo20 <Holo20@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Gurus, > >I have a user who is member of a mail-enabled distribution group. She would >like to recieve an alert or notification on her mobile whenever mail is >recieved through this group address. How ...

create a new worksheet when a cell has a date entered
I am trying to create a new worksheet when a cell has a date entered into it For instant in Worksheet 1 you type into cell B11 a date I would like to automaticly create a new worksheet and call it that date entered to B11 Then if I type a Date into cell B12 a new worksheet would be created and named the date entered into B12 and so on Is this out of the question See response in your other post. "Zane" wrote: > I am trying to create a new worksheet when a cell has a date entered > into it > > For instant in Worksheet 1 you type into cell B11 a date > I would l...

Adding ActiveX to dialog with wrapper

Can VC 6.0 build 64-bit apps?
Hi: Any one knows if the Visual C++ 6.0 can be used to build 64-bit applications on a 64-bit platform (Windows Server 2003) ? Thanks Hi! No. Visual C++ 6.0 is a 32-bit compiler. -- WBR, Vitaly Brusentsev, AWinstall development team. http://www.awinstall.com mailto:vb@awinstall.com "Polaris" <etpolaris@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:u7FxaODjDHA.888@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi: > > Any one knows if the Visual C++ 6.0 can be used to build 64-bit applications > on a 64-bit platform (Windows Server 2003) ? > > Thanks > > ...

Adding alternate columns

Adding fields from a different query

GP 8.0 Slow
I have a problem I don't know how to fix. We are in "Apply Sales Documents" We do a FIND to get a document number. The whole application locks up, the screen goes grey and patchy and it can take 5-7 mins to return records. This is the situation for our 3 largest customers. The last time we sent anything to history wss 12/2006. It's the financial departments view that we should be able to keep 1 year current without having to move to history. However about1 month after moving things to history things slowed down again now its PAINFUL to get anything to return. The perso...

Upgrade to Great Plains Dynamics 9.0 error, Column PRODID not foun
Hello, I am attempting a test upgrade from Great Plains 7.5 to Dynamics 9.0 and I get an error during the system tables upgrade portion, right at the 'Load Additional Required Data' step. The error message is: The following SQL statement produced an error: delete from DU000010 where PRODID=258 followed by: ERROR [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid column name 'PRODID'. I checked the DU000010 table and the column does NOT exist. I also tried upgrading from 7.5 to 8.0, which worked, but when I then try to upgrade that 8.0 to 9.0, I still get the sa...

Roaming users getting new mail profile each login
We recently changed Outlook settings using the Office 2003 Administration kit. This worked well apart from roaming users constantly getting new mail profiles and having to reset their original mail profile. The problem creates a backup outlook2 profile in the control panel and the correct profile is not loaded. TIA David ...

Windows Mobile 5.0 GAL Lookup
How can I configure a windows mobile 5.0 device to use the GAL as well as their contacts when searching? thanks. GAL lookup isn't available unless you have AKU 2.0/MSFP and Exchange 2003 SP2. Otherwise, I believe that mobile Outlook allows you to set up an LDAP address book, but LDAP isn't usually published to the Internet on DC's (nor would I usually recommend it). -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed) "Gabe Matteson" <gmattesonATinquery.biz> wrote in message new...