Adding fields to Requisition Management - New Request Line

Hi
 is it possible to add fields (textbox  and attachment) to Requisition
line and header in Business Portal 3.0. I have installed the SDK and
Rational XDE along with VS.NET. Just need some pointers on making this
customization..i am sure there is some kindofa hack here.
 I have a customer waiting and i need to decide between Requisition
Management using Business Portal or building a web application from
scratch (or if someone can point out if there is already an application
which can be customized - i need to build an RFQ - Request for
Quotation system as well).

Would really appreciate a timely response.

Thanks,
Roof

You would have to modify the aspx files on the computer where Req Mgmt is
installed.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Roof" wrote:

> Hi
>  is it possible to add fields (textbox  and attachment) to Requisition
> line and header in Business Portal 3.0. I have installed the SDK and
> Rational XDE along with VS.NET. Just need some pointers on making this
> customization..i am sure there is some kindofa hack here.
>  I have a customer waiting and i need to decide between Requisition
> Management using Business Portal or building a web application from
> scratch (or if someone can point out if there is already an application
> which can be customized - i need to build an RFQ - Request for
> Quotation system as well).
>
> Would really appreciate a timely response.
>
> Thanks,
> Roof

0
callen (2505)
6/12/2006 12:01:01 AM
Thanks for your reply Charles..how can this be accomplished? Any
pointer/sample code or details?
Appreciate your help.
Thanks,
Roof.

Charles Allen wrote:
> You would have to modify the aspx files on the computer where Req Mgmt is
> installed.
> --
> Charles Allen, MVP
>

> "Roof" wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >  is it possible to add fields (textbox  and attachment) to Requisition
> > line and header in Business Portal 3.0. I have installed the SDK and
> > Rational XDE along with VS.NET. Just need some pointers on making this
> > customization..i am sure there is some kindofa hack here.
> >  I have a customer waiting and i need to decide between Requisition
> > Management using Business Portal or building a web application from
> > scratch (or if someone can point out if there is already an application
> > which can be customized - i need to build an RFQ - Request for
> > Quotation system as well).
> >
> > Would really appreciate a timely response.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Roof

I have no idea. I'm not a developer. I'm just passing along information.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Roof" wrote:

> Thanks for your reply Charles..how can this be accomplished? Any
> pointer/sample code or details?
> Appreciate your help.
> Thanks,
> Roof.
>
> Charles Allen wrote:
> > You would have to modify the aspx files on the computer where Req Mgmt is
> > installed.
> > --
> > Charles Allen, MVP
> >

> > "Roof" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi
> > >  is it possible to add fields (textbox  and attachment) to Requisition
> > > line and header in Business Portal 3.0. I have installed the SDK and
> > > Rational XDE along with VS.NET. Just need some pointers on making this
> > > customization..i am sure there is some kindofa hack here.
> > >  I have a customer waiting and i need to decide between Requisition
> > > Management using Business Portal or building a web application from
> > > scratch (or if someone can point out if there is already an application
> > > which can be customized - i need to build an RFQ - Request for
> > > Quotation system as well).
> > >
> > > Would really appreciate a timely response.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Roof

0
callen (2505)
6/17/2006 6:26:02 PM
For the most part, Req Management is not customizeable.  The reason is that
pretty much everything to do with logic & customization is in the code
behind assembly which isn't extensible or customizeable.

patrick
mbs dev support

"Roof" <maruf.dolani@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for your reply Charles..how can this be accomplished? Any
> pointer/sample code or details?
> Appreciate your help.
> Thanks,
> Roof.
>
> Charles Allen wrote:
> > You would have to modify the aspx files on the computer where Req Mgmt
is
> > installed.
> > --
> > Charles Allen, MVP
> >

> > "Roof" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi
> > >  is it possible to add fields (textbox  and attachment) to Requisition
> > > line and header in Business Portal 3.0. I have installed the SDK and
> > > Rational XDE along with VS.NET. Just need some pointers on making this
> > > customization..i am sure there is some kindofa hack here.
> > >  I have a customer waiting and i need to decide between Requisition
> > > Management using Business Portal or building a web application from
> > > scratch (or if someone can point out if there is already an
application
> > > which can be customized - i need to build an RFQ - Request for
> > > Quotation system as well).
> > >
> > > Would really appreciate a timely response.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Roof

0
prot1 (1345)
6/17/2006 11:09:23 PM
Patrick and Charles -Thanks for your help
Appreciate it.

Thanks,
Roof

Patrick [MSFT] wrote:
> For the most part, Req Management is not customizeable.  The reason is that
> pretty much everything to do with logic & customization is in the code
> behind assembly which isn't extensible or customizeable.
>
> patrick
> mbs dev support

> "Roof" <maruf.dolani@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for your reply Charles..how can this be accomplished? Any
> > pointer/sample code or details?
> > Appreciate your help.
> > Thanks,
> > Roof.
> >
> > Charles Allen wrote:
> > > You would have to modify the aspx files on the computer where Req Mgmt
> is
> > > installed.
> > > --
> > > Charles Allen, MVP

> application

field service managment with outlook
Dear, if there is any option to see any task will be made during the date in outlook from field service management module , I mean when my tech people go to finalize any call can the system send me an email inform me that my tech peoples are in this site and they are doing this job ? Peter, We are interested to discuss the solution. Please drop an email to learn more MV nj.tech@hotmail.com "Peter Atef" wrote: > Dear, > if there is any option to see any task will be made during the date > in outlook from field service management module , I mean when ...

Adding hyperlinks with parameters

Line & Double Stacked Charts
Good day. I am trying to get a Double stacked chart to show a line. I can get the line by creating a secondary Axis however the line isnt where I want it. It is at the top of the tallest bar. Is there any way to get the line down to a value I want it at. Basically I am trying to create a capacity chart with two products running on one machine by month. I need the line to be at a value that is straight accross being the maximum machine capacity. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks "K" wrote: > Good day. I am trying to get a Double stacked chart to show a line...

Order Management Business Portal
I just added Order Management to a Business Portal Installation and received this in the error log. Was there something I was supposed to do first? What do I do from this point? Feature Id: Order Management Internal Location: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\12\TEMPLATE\FEATURES\BPOrderManagementInternal Action: Activate Exception: There is no Web named "/BP/Sales". ...

ADDING A NUMBER

When adding attachments...

How-to hide comment field on Invoices
For one of our customers, we needed a way of classifying items which are Urgent in need to make sure our warehouse ships them out as soon as they are received. The only way field that would work is the 'Comment ID' field which can be found in the 'Sales Item Detail Entry' window. I then modified the related smartlist report to use this field and life was good.. until we printed invoices. On the Invoice, for every 'Urgent' item, a blank line appears after it. With more than one 'urgent' item on the same Invoice, it makes for an odd/unprofessional looking Invoice...

Adding ActiveX to dialog with wrapper

Criteria Parameter in query for two fields: help
I have a form that utilizes two contact lists in separate combo boxes to illustrate projects that multiple people have worked on. I am trying to make it so that a report will illustrate the associated data based on these contacts. The selection will be based on either one contact (from either list) or both. Whereby on selection, the report will generate the associated data based on these user names. How would I go about creating a parameter in the query so that it will limit the content to reflect either contact list or a combination of the two? I am a beginner to Acc...

bcc and attachment fields
Is there a way to make the bcc and attachments fields always show up at the top of a new email under the To: , CC:, and Subject fields??? Thanks are you meaning that attachments will not show in the body? I am looking for that answer too. -- Dave M Radeon 9800Pro 256mb P4 2.8 oc to 3.1 "sendhost3000" <sendhost3000@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eYXGYYYxDHA.3224@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to make the bcc and attachments fields always show up at the > top of a new email under the To: , CC:, and Subject fields??? > > Thanks > > -----= ...

Adding alternate columns

Adding fields from a different query

Write XML with all columns/fields
Hi all, I am doing a windows mobile project that uses ASP.NET web services. Web service returns dataset-s that are pulled from database and later saved on local mobile storage (write XML). On client (WM 6.1) program loads dataset (read XML and read XML schema) when needed. User can insert/aappend new records. My problem occures when some data fileds are empty... default method WriteXML, on client side, does not create XML nodes for empty fields/columns. Than when you are trying to reference some field value that was empty, you get exception. Is there any property or method o...

Please tell me that in Money 2006, Microsoft has finally fixed the bug where the payees in my downloaded transactions are automatically added to my payee list (this despite the fact that I've checked off the option "Confirm new payees"). This alone would be worth the upgrade. On the subject of 2006, does anyone know if Microsoft added the cookie jar concept to accounts? The cookie jar allows you to squirrel money away within an account. TIA greg.block@gmail.com wrote: >Please tell me that in Money 2006, Microsoft has finally fixed the bug >where the payees in my downlo...

pivot refresh clears pivot fields?
Observation: One file opened in Excel 2002 SP2 has no problem, when opened in Excell SP-3 the pivot fields (columns) are cleared when the pivot tabel is being refreshed either manually or by a macro. Does anyone have a tip to avoid this behaviour? ...

AD Monitoring
Is there a listing somewhere of what all components in AD should be minitored, thresholds, etc...we are evaluating a monitoring solution and need this information to take a decision on the product to use Hello Sameer, For performance start here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc961943.aspx Also see: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb727046.aspx Use the included links from: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc739728(WS.10).aspx Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and c...

Adding Terms & Conditions to the Quote Form
We have a client that would like to add their Terms & Conditions (T&C) text to the bottom of their GP Quotes. I've read that static text boxes in Report Designer can only be 80 characters, so that won't work as the T&C text is approximately 4-5 pages long. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to add this significant amount of text to a GP form? Thank you in advance. Scott No can do Scott - Report Writer is just not capable of this. The best solution is to purchase Accountable Software's Forms Printer - www.accountable.com. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East...

Field on Form gives Error
I designed a form with record source a table containing among them the numeric (long integer) field ContactID. I added the field to the form using the field List (drag and drop). The field gives me the value #Name? when shown in the form. All other fields in the form are displayed correctly. I checked and double checked if the name of the field is not misspelled but as I used drag and drop from the field list, what can go wrong here? When I invoke the Query Builder and look at ContactID, it is shown normally and has normal values. The form is used as a sub form but does not have Linked C...

Adding Collapse/Expand to Publisher 2003 items
Hi I'm trying to enter a text box which may be expanded/Collapsed as follows: > More Info... > Next Item... > More Info... When you want bla bla bla, do bla bla bla, > Next Item... Can anyone tell me how to implement it?! Thank you 'bla bla bla' is the sound of geckos mating - so the naturalists tell me. No, you cannot do what you want. Your answer is rude & arrogant. I don't know why would anyone put you in a position to Accept calls for help. Besides - I don't believe it can't be done. Please don't call again "*...

adding lines to added data
I have added data to an existing worksheet but when printed the row lines and column border lines do not show. How do I add the lines to the added border to match the existing lines? ...