Adding Array Fields on forms

How to use Modifier to add an array fields of 3 elements on a form?

thks in advance.
0
HFLo (288)

Hi HFLO,

Open modifier and select gp or 3rd party and then select exisiting modified
form or select new form and then open window layout. From the Toolbox slect
local fields in drop-down and press the new button and then enter field name
and enter the array size for e.g. 3 and then select the datatype string or
text and press OK button. Toolbox will show the newly created the array
field, select that arrayfield and drag and dropped onto the layout 3 times.
Hence ur array field would be there on ur form.

Hope it will help to u.
--
Developer

"HFLo" wrote:

> How to use Modifier to add an array fields of 3 elements on a form?
>
> thks in advance.
0
Habeeb (8)
6/27/2006 1:37:02 PM
it works, but when I add those fields to VBA, it is referenced as XYZ, XYZ1,
XYZ2 etc and not XYZ(1), XYZ(2), XYZ(3)?

thks for your advice.

"Habeeb" wrote:

> Hi HFLO,
>
> Open modifier and select gp or 3rd party and then select exisiting modified
> form or select new form and then open window layout. From the Toolbox slect
> local fields in drop-down and press the new button and then enter field name
> and enter the array size for e.g. 3 and then select the datatype string or
> text and press OK button. Toolbox will show the newly created the array
> field, select that arrayfield and drag and dropped onto the layout 3 times.
> Hence ur array field would be there on ur form.
>
> Hope it will help to u.
> --
> Developer
>

> "HFLo" wrote:
>
> > How to use Modifier to add an array fields of 3 elements on a form?
> >
> > thks in advance.
0
HFLo (288)
6/28/2006 3:18:02 AM
Yes because vba doesn't see them as array elements, just fields that you
added to the window and then added to vba.  Also, we can't name them
"XYZ(1)" because that isn't a valid object name in vba so the parens are
removed.

Note also that the name is based on the order added also, so if you'd select
XYZ3 then 2 then 1 your fields would be named "wrong" in vba as they would
be backwards.  Again, because it's based off the field name (and not array)
and so each field gets the name XYZ and then 1,2,3 etc to be unique.

patrick
mbs dev support

"HFLo" <HFLo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> it works, but when I add those fields to VBA, it is referenced as XYZ,
XYZ1,
> XYZ2 etc and not XYZ(1), XYZ(2), XYZ(3)?
>
> thks for your advice.
>

> "Habeeb" wrote:
>
> > Hi HFLO,
> >
> > Open modifier and select gp or 3rd party and then select exisiting
modified
> > form or select new form and then open window layout. From the Toolbox
slect
> > local fields in drop-down and press the new button and then enter field
name
> > and enter the array size for e.g. 3 and then select the datatype string
or
> > text and press OK button. Toolbox will show the newly created the array
> > field, select that arrayfield and drag and dropped onto the layout 3
times.
> > Hence ur array field would be there on ur form.
> >
> > Hope it will help to u.
> > --
> > Developer
> >

> > "HFLo" wrote:
> >
> > > How to use Modifier to add an array fields of 3 elements on a form?
> > >
> > > thks in advance.

0
prot1 (1345)