Adding a table connection in report writer

I would like to add some user defined fields that we use for project names
etc on our pick tickets. I can access them on my packing slip reports but I
have to establish a table connection to I believe the Sales User Defined Work
History Table to make the fields available for this report in report writer.
Can someone direct me?
0
tstrop (66)

The relationship between the tables for this link is already defined, so on
the report definition window click on the Tables button, click on Sales
Transaction Work, click on New, click on Sales User-Defined Work History,
click OK.

When the relationship does not exist you can add it by opening the source
table definition and adding the relationship to the target table.

For other situations where you are unable to create the relationship between
the tables, you can use Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) (if it is
registered) to read any data from the SQL tables and display it on a report.
I have examples of this method, please get your partner to contact me on the
address below (remove the online. first) and request a version (v8, v9, v10).

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP

http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics

and confers no rights.

"tstrop" wrote:

> I would like to add some user defined fields that we use for project names
> etc on our pick tickets. I can access them on my packing slip reports but I
> have to establish a table connection to I believe the Sales User Defined Work
> History Table to make the fields available for this report in report writer.
> Can someone direct me?
0
dmusgrav1 (1325)

Duplicated mortgage payment in Budget Reports
Hello All, this is my first time trying out a newsgroup for assistance, but I am having a pain in the a$$ problem with my budget reports. Sometime this month, all of my budget based reports started showing a duplicated amount for my mortgage payment. So if my mortgage payment were $500, the reports would show that I had $1000 budgeted for "debt". I have checked and double checked my budget itself and there is only the one entry there. There is only one entry in Bills & Deposits and only one on the cash flow forecast. Any ideas on how to find where it is reading in the extra...

Pivot Table Formatting #7
Some of the formatting on my Pivot Tables remain after refreshing, some formatting does not. I have "preserve formatting" checked, "Autoformat Table" unchecked. Excel 2002. Any help would be appreciated - I have had formatting problems with Pivot Tables for years!! You may have to enable selection (From the Pivot toolbar, choose PivotTable>Select, and click on Enable Selection) Before formatting cells, use the selection feature to select the cells. For example, move the pointer to the top of a column in the pivot table (just above the column's heading cell...

Adding hyperlinks with parameters

Reports only Show 10 Records
I notice that when you run a lot of the reports (eg Account Overview) there is only a maximum of ten records returned. This appears to be hardcoded as the report also states the fact in the footer. Any way around this? If the filter used on the report actually referred to, for instance, 25 Accounts how would you get all 25 reports? Maybe I am missing something. Thanks Cozy export that report to its rdl file and take a look through the reports source code which might tell you. Also make sure you also export any of its sub reports. ======================= John O'Donnell Microsof...

ADDING A NUMBER

rename invalid sheet name from access 97 report to Excel 2002
When I export a file from Access 97, my only choice is to export to Excel 97. I then open that file, with excel 2002, and I get an error message the the sheet had an invalid name and had to be renamed, but there is no apparent difference in the the name "Sheet1" in excel 97 or "sheet1" in Excel 2002. (I can find NO conversion sw, or find any way to "add to" my file types list. I am forced to use Access 97 with the office 2002 suite for now) Any Ideas on what is causing this? DLS 99 Can you open the file in xl97 to see what the sheet name is/was? Or do ...

table design question
I have table of 40 milion rows (sql 2005). There is one column, Id, which is integer (basically month), and there are 20 different values for this column (around 2 million rows per id value). At the same time, there is very long primary key on this table (12 columns, around 400 bytes), and nonclustered index on this primary key. Table is being accessed frequently by Id, so I created clustered index on this column (usually, developers create temporary tables per id, and then do further processing) to lower physical reads... Does this sound like a desirable design? I don't wan...

Can I use a 'lookup' to a Pivot Table?
I am attempting to compare one column of data (a list Employee numbers) to another (on a different sheet in the same workbook, also of Ee #s but not as complete) and put the number in the corresponding cell back to the original spreadsheet. Since the lists aren't exact, I can't simply do an (='other sheet'!A1)and drag it down. The lists are both formated as numbers and in numerical order but not the same length. The oddity is that the sheet I'm referencing to is a Pivot Table. I'm getting a #N/A message. Thanks in advance You could use the GETPIVOTDATA function: ...

Output intersection of table
Hi, I have TableA of data which needs checking row by row. TableB on a different sheet contains the values which need to be output. In TableA need to check Col A and then the value in Col C and return the intersecting value from TableB into Col D (in TableA). e.g TableA: ColA ColB ColC ColD Blue Man Car Red Auto Truck TableB: Red Blue Black Car 9 5 2 Truck 7 4 3 Therefore: In Row1 in TableA the value in ColD needs to be 5. In Row2 in TableA the value in ColD needs to be 7. thanks in advance, Hamish --- Message posted from http:...

adding new records

When adding attachments...

How do I exclude data using the IIF statement in report builder
I have data in my dataset that I want to exclude in the average calculation for the final report (those with a key.value of 999). Here is how my statement is written but it is not returning any value. What am I doing wrong? =iif((Fields!MeasureID.Value = 1 or Fields!MeasureID.Value = 16) and NOT Fields!Key.Value = 999, round(Avg(Fields!CY_Rate.Value),0), iif((Fields!MeasureID.Value = 19 or Fields!MeasureID.Value = 20 or Fields!MeasureID.Value = 21 or Fields!MeasureID.Value = 22 or Fields!MeasureID.Value = 23 or Fields!MeasureID.Value = 24) and NOT Fields!Key.Value = 999, roun...

Adding ActiveX to dialog with wrapper

grouping in Excel Pivot table
currently i am using pivot table to calculate the grand total for ageing day in my report. The ageing day are 1, 2, 3 to 6 days and > 6 days that i want to group together. In pivot table, it can only able to calculate the grand total like total ageing for 1 day, 2 days, 3 days.... and go on. Is there any way that pivot table will do what i want or you guys can suggest any other method? I am aware of group function in pivot table but it cannot suit my needs. Thanks Lim Heng Sin All sorts of data can be analysed by adding another column to the base data and using the new field in ...

Adding alternate columns

Adding fields from a different query

How to launch report from add-in?
Hi all, I am trying to launch a report from POS addin(RMS). but it is giving an error related to the storng name of the assembly. Can anyone please tell me how I can use the native crystal report engine that is there with POS. so that I need not embed my own crystal report dll. Any other suggestion would help. thanks Hi, The company that made some addins for me and use some printing from the addin, added the software: Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 2.0 (x86) After installing CRRedist2005_x86.msi into my system I can use their reports. Koit Lahesoo "KSS" <KSS@dis...

Internet Connection Icon
The Icon which normally sits beside the Icon for the Local Area Connection has disappeared How can I reinstate it? I find it useful to check my Broadband speed Blair And, what, pray tell, is the icon you are referring to? Mine is a speaker and the Google talk icon. Only you know which one you are talking about. "bm" <Darroch@aol.com> wrote in message news:ej04ppDJLHA.4320@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... : The Icon which normally sits beside the Icon for the Local Area Connection : has disappeared : How can I reinstate it? : I find it useful to check my Broadband sp...

Exporting from multiple tables in Access To Excel
I have a file that a client gave me that has all of her store information in it. It's a file that was given to her from the product distributor. It has multiple tables and they are related to each other in some form or fashion. One table has product pricing, one has special pricing for members, one has shipping info, one has the image names for products, one has product categories, etc. I tried to set up relationships between them and query it into one big table to use in Excel, but one of two things happen. Either the products are missing fields or the table only has 30 or so ...

Linked Tables Twice?
Hi all Currently we have an access 2000 backend database with front ends on access 2003 and 2007. I am looking at creating a database which references some of the tables in the original backend. Rather than risk disturbing this database I was considering creating another backend database with the original tables linked to the new backend. Then the front ends would link to the new back end and by association, the linked tables in the old back end. Will this work or is it just plain nuts/bad practice? TIA Phil TheScullster wrote: >Hi all > >Currently we ha...