Add SQL Syntax Help to SmartList Builder Functions

In SmartList Builder you can use SQL Functions when you create a calculated
field.  The syntax and arguments are shown when you select a function, but
there is no detail about how the arguments should be used (see DATEDIFF for
example).  These details are in SQL help, but should also be added to Great
Plains SmartList Builder help.  Many individuals who use SmartList Builder
are less technical and need more help than developers.  Sounds like an easy
value add ... since it's already written and just needs to be merged in to
Dynamics GP!  Thank you.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=df00c9c2-b65b-401e-bd94-232a9ebb918d&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains

sql cmd exporting value of checkbox into another checkbox
I have some code elsewhere on my db that i use to export some values from one table into one that isn't loaded on the form, and I need to do a similar technique elsewhere. However, I need to export the value of a checkbox on the form, to the related "nBookingID" checkbox in the table. this is the working code for adding a new booking and entering in the nDayBookingID for future reference If Check135.Value = -1 And DCount("*", "tbl_TRA_DAYComplete", "[nDayBookingID] =" & Me.anDayBookingID) = 0 Then sql = "" sql = sql & &quo...

::DrawText function
Forgive me if I appear to be thrashing a dead horse here, but I am making progress. I'm using the DrawText function in a windowless ActiveX control. This is working fine, although for some strange reason it is outputting the text on a white background - i.e. there is white surrounding the text, but nowhere else. I have managed to prove to myself that it is not because there is a white brush selected into the device context at the time, because I changed the definition of white to be RGB(255,255,0) i.e. yellow, instead of white, and it was still white. Besides there is a black brus...

Lookup help
when i do a lookup and i type a number to find that deoen't exsit in th table it still retruns a value to the nearest number i want it to sho N/A instead. thanks for any info -- wally020 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- wally0206's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1499 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26615 This should help. Scroll down about 2/3 of the document http://www.uncc.edu/SYSDEV/HowTos/Excel/Using%20VLookup.htm Judy Freed Systems Development "wally...

Add Lookup Fields to Entity

Excel Add Ins

Add on

Log Resets from Automatically Grow to Fixed Size in SQL Server 200
In SQL Server 2005, changed the log for the CRM database from a fixed size to automatically grow, saved changes, went back into SQL Studio, and was set to fixed size again. Need to be able to save this change and make it effective. -- Thanks, Justin ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Ag...

Where to get a complete reference for Jet SQL?
Help! Can anybody tell me where to get a complete reference for Jet SQL? Tanks a lot for your information! ...

POS 2009 Add-In: Populating a Task Pad

Help creating a Cloned Sales Order in 1.2

how to find sql server name in the local network
i am working for a program that needs to know which SQL servers are running cross over the local network.i don't know how to get these SQL servers' names.can anybody help me? thanks a lot! best regards, kywoo http://www.codeproject.com/database/serverenum.asp Enumerate SQL Server using SQL DMO "kywoo" <kywoo@tongji.edu.cn> wrote in message news:%23FLxBMtjDHA.1728@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > i am working for a program that needs to know which SQL servers are running > cross over the local network.i don't know how to get these SQL servers' > names.can...

Add-in cannot be loaded OL07

Formatting within function/equations
Trying to do some vlookup equations... they are working fine, but they only bring over the value, not the formating. In the particular problem I'm working on, the text value may or may not end with a superscripted number (test^1). When the vlookup happens, the text appears the superscripted number appears as regular text (test1). Anyway to build formating capabilities within an equation? Formulas return values--not formatting. Maybe you could use a macro to copy|paste??? jomurf wrote: > > Trying to do some vlookup equations... they are working fine, but they only > bri...

Please Help?!?
I recently had to format my hard drive and saved my "Identities" folder which holds all of my old Outlook Express information. I am wondering how to import my address book/old emal/etc out of that Identities folder to Outlook itself. I don't want to lose all of those emails. Please help me! How do I get all of my old settings and folders into Outlook? This group is for Outlook Support. Try an Outlook Express support option. you can find options here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;%5Bln%5D;oex&product=msall "CyAndLako" <CyAndLako...

sql server report 2008 formatting options
The following two questions pertain to format questions I have about sql server 2008: 1. When I export some of the sql server 2008 tables to either word or PDF, and the table goes to two or more pages, there is a complete empty page break. Basically I will see the table, followed by a blank page, the table is continued to another page, there is another empty page, the table is continued to another page, there is another empty page. Thus can you tell me how to make certain there are not all the empty pages I just listed above? 2. I am thinking of creating 1 table...

Add File menu to custom toolbar

SQL server problem
Customer just installed Sophos Anti Virus software on their SBS 2003 server that was running CRM, and now there is a problem with the SFO clients. The Sophos software installs a SQL svr instance. Is there any way of connecting the SFO clients to find the default crm sql svr instance on the server. When I try to run the server sql instance from the client sql svr manager, I get an "access denied" error - presumably because it is unable to cope with the second sql svr instance on the server. I recommended the Sophos to the customer - so don't want to have to now uninstall...

two sql tranform statement on one report
How do i get two tranforms statement on the same report but the pivot part to only be used like below Tranform Select From Where Group By Pivot in (1,3,5,7) then another on same report Tranform Select From Where Group By Pivot in (2,4,6,8) any ideas??? One way I can think of is to use sub-reports. The other option would be to use a union query to combine the two crosstab queries if the queries were returning the same basic data. And then group by the "source" SELECT "A" as Source, FldA, FldB , [1] as A, [3] as B, [5] as C, [7...

Format text to add character

Need some help!!!
Hi everyone, I am using Microsoft Outlook 2003 and I was hoping if someone coul help me with these two problems: 1. I have two Hotmail accounts... can I check the mail on both th accounts simultaneously thru Microsoft Outlook? I tried opening anothe account on Outlook and it did that alright... it's just that it was no showing the contents of the "second" hotmail inbox. Please advise!!! 2. How can I set up two computers (laptop and Desktop) to synchroniz microsft Outlook automatically??? I set up appointments on my lapto Outlook and at home I use my desktop... I have to spend ...

missing excel VBA help file
I'm missing the excel 97 VBA help file "VEenUl3.hlp". I assume this file is on the software distribution pack that came with my computer. If it is do I reinstall excel or can I just copy the help file from the distribution pack? Finally I may not have the distribution pack since I've moved three times in the five years since the computer was purchased. How would I get a copy if I need it? I'm using windows 98. Thanks for your help John VBA and help files are not part of normal Office install. ie. Office 9 or Excel 97 *not* Windows disk required. Perhaps you ...

SQL Reporting Services
Due to lack of resources, and a course cancellation, I am on my own to learn SSRS. I have it up and running with the GP reports but would like to know how to write my own and I am getting nowhere with the help that is provided. I find the help to be too complex and with so many links that I question what it is I even want to know. I have a very hard time understanding and learning from documentation. I need to be "shown" how to do something but have nobody to show me. For starters I want to add the Customer PO to the Historical Aged Trial Balance. I found and opened the rdl f...

Excel Help #14
Can I change the content of a drop down list by an entry from another cell? Example: The ranges C1:C5 has one set of names and D1:D5 has another set of names. Depending on the entry in cell A1 for example, the drop list will dynamically change to show either the list of names in C1:C5 or D1:D5. You can create a 2 item drop-down list, with appropriate descriptions, where the user can make a choice between the "C" list or the "D" list. These are called dependent lists, and you can find out all about them from Debra Dalgleish's web site at this page: http://www.cont...