Add-On for SOP Comment Entry?

We've seen the TK write-ups for adding the Comments to a sales invoice, but
actually ENTERING the comments can be a bit cumbersome.  We're seeking a
3rd-party add-on (or otherwise simple solution) for making DATA ENTRY of
Sales Order line items easier.

Essentialy, we need to be able to simply enter, for each line item, a
Descriptive paragraph and a Price.  We don't need Quantity, Unit Price, Unit
of Measure, etc.
For example, our entry would be something like:

Custom production of 5000 widgets, red with blue stripes;  extra-heavy duty
with blah, blah, blah... blah, blah, blah
$1000.00

Does anyone know of a third-party add-on that would make this entry process
easier?  (We haven't used Extender... would this be a good product for
this?)

0
a7mm1 (21)

On Apr 21, 10:01=A0am, "TurboPing" <a7...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> We've seen the TK write-ups for adding the Comments to a sales invoice, b=
ut
> actually ENTERING the comments can be a bit cumbersome. =A0We're seeking =
> 3rd-party add-on (or otherwise simple solution) for making DATA ENTRY of
> Sales Order line items easier.
>
> Essentialy, we need to be able to simply enter, for each line item, a
> Descriptive paragraph and a Price. =A0We don't need Quantity, Unit Price,=
 Unit
> of Measure, etc.
> For example, our entry would be something like:
>
> Custom production of 5000 widgets, red with blue stripes; =A0extra-heavy =
duty
> with blah, blah, blah... blah, blah, blah
> $1000.00
>
> Does anyone know of a third-party add-on that would make this entry proce=
ss
> easier? =A0(We haven't used Extender... would this be a good product for
> this?)

You can streamline SOP Entry using Modifier with VBA.  It's quite
simple to hide or remove fields from the form.  A Quantity is required
for every line but there's ways around having to enter it every time.
You could remove and/or make invisible the fields you don't need to
populate, use VBA for some light Automation (i.e. Quantity always =3D
1), and set the Tab Sequence to optimize the data entry flow.

You might already own Modifier/VBA.  If you need some help just ask.
0
michaelj2 (180)
4/21/2009 3:41:55 PM
Turboping,

I know exactly what you are looking for. We keep considering writing such a
GP addon and could do it very reasonably. Would you have interest in
contacting me directly? Just hit our sales email below.

--
Matt Landis
www.landiscomputer.com

"TurboPing" wrote:

> We've seen the TK write-ups for adding the Comments to a sales invoice, but
> actually ENTERING the comments can be a bit cumbersome.  We're seeking a
> 3rd-party add-on (or otherwise simple solution) for making DATA ENTRY of
> Sales Order line items easier.
>
> Essentialy, we need to be able to simply enter, for each line item, a
> Descriptive paragraph and a Price.  We don't need Quantity, Unit Price, Unit
> of Measure, etc.
> For example, our entry would be something like:
>
> Custom production of 5000 widgets, red with blue stripes;  extra-heavy duty
> with blah, blah, blah... blah, blah, blah
> $1000.00
>
> Does anyone know of a third-party add-on that would make this entry process
> easier?  (We haven't used Extender... would this be a good product for
> this?)

How to get rid of unwanted entries in the Outlook CRM tree view
Hello, If you use the crm outlook client you can easily create a new entry in the tree view of Microsoft CRM. But it how can you remove this entry again? Only by re-installing CRM? Thanks, Alex Are you talking for CRM 3, Humm, that actually sounds like a bug in outlook. -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "Alex (crm-resultants.nl)" wrote: > Hello, > > If you use the crm outlook client you can easily create a new entry in the > tree view of Microsof...

Add Lookup Fields to Entity

Excel Add Ins

Add on

View last appended entry in a view as well as in a ported to Excel
I have a list with several text fields that use the append feature. I cannot figure out how to: 1) Show the last entry in a view so I don't have to click through to see the entries and, 2) Have the last entry show up when I export to Excel. I can't see the last entry if there are additonal updates. Thx -Tamara Question 1. There are plenty of people asking the same question on different forums but I haven't yet found a solution to the issue of displaying the last entry on a column configured with the "Append text" option. I know this is not exa...

POS 2009 Add-In: Populating a Task Pad

Add-in cannot be loaded OL07

Format text to add character

Add File menu to custom toolbar

How to find the value of a Duplicate (Name) entry?
Unlike most people with Duplicate entry problems I do NOT want to delet it! What I have is a report that is sent to us every day as a text file. have it converted automatically to an excel worksheet so excel can pul the numbers out that we need for reports. The problem is this: Jason Longhaul LA...................822 Jason Longhaul LA...................73 The number of rows between Jason Longhaul LA and the duplicate can an does vary, otherwise I could find the first one and count down x numbe of rows to get the value of the second one. What I need to do is run my formula to get the va...

add a DC in a LegSite

Backward entries result from "Enter into "Register"
I'm surprised that I couldn't find any discussion of this quirk. Sometimes when I have a payment scheduled in Bills and Deposits, and then click "Enter into Register" with the intention of writing a check, a box for a Deposit opens, with the amount bracketed. That is, if the payment is for $50.00, it indicates a Deposit of ($50.00). I can generally get the problem to go away if I close Money or juggle it around one way or another. But if I just go ahead and enter the transaction that way, it stays backward in the register. What causes this problem and how do I fix it for ...

excel add-ons

Map Add-On?

How do I scan in a form for entries and changes?
I have a 4 in 1 printer. How can I can in a blank form into my documents so that I can enter information into it. NOTE: I've tried to scan in the form but it gives me a jpeg (picture) format and I cannot make any modifications to it. For a one off, it is probably not worth the effort, but if you insert the jpeg so that it is behind the text, you can then type in front of it. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.co...

Add ContractLine Entity in Menu
Hi, Is it possible to add a shortcut in the Service Menu to the ContractLine Entity? I really appreciate if someone could help. Regards, Alcides ...

Problem- add-in Access Outlook Add-in for Data Collection & Publis
I have a problem with Outlook 2007 and the add-in Access Outlook Add-in for Data Collection and Publishing. This add-in worked when I first installed Outlook 2007 when installing Office 2007 Enterprise. The add-in created a sub-folder in my Inbox named Data Collection Replies and worked well until about 6 weeks ago. Now I can’t get the add-in to work at all even though it appears in the list of COM.adds in Outlook 2007. More perplexing is the error message I now receive EVERY time I click on any email message to read it. The message is titled ‘Custom UI Runtime Error in...

Add target to trend chart
I've created a chart trending our company's daily rank over time. We have a specific rank as a target goal, and I'd like that to appear as a flat line on the chart, so we know how far we have to go. How can I get such a line, without having to populate a new column with the same number? Thanks Two options, 1) Simply draw a line where your target is at using the drawing toolbar. 2) Add an additional series to your chart containing two points. The X value of the points indicates the length of your line. The Y values should be set to your target. "Patience" <...

Can I add other data to a pivot chart
I want to add a target line to a pivot chart. The data for the target line would be from a different source (worksheet) to the underlying pivot table. Is this possible (by workaround or otherwise)? A pivot chart can only display data from the pivot table. This can be overcome by drawing a line and hoping it doesn't move too much. I would instead make a regular chart from the pivot table, and add the data for the additional line. To make a regular chart from a pivot table, select a blank cell that's not touching the pivot table and start the chart wizard. In step 2, you must use...

How To Add Filters To Add Ins List ???
I am using Power Point 2003 with XP Pro OS. I have install the conversion to read office 2007. When I use the Add In, it only shows 2003 power point extension .ppt How do I add the ability to show 2007 power point files too ??? Can someone tell me what I need to do to add the ability to see 2007 power point files??? I is very knowledgeable on VBA. Thank You, Gary You have to have all the Windows updates as of the time the Compatibility Pack was released. That was around October 2008, so you should have those. :-) That said, my Office 2003 installation on Windows...