Add message to customers on printed invoice

We should be able to add a message to customers (holiday hours, holiday
message, etc.) to an invoice. Even QuickBooks has this ability, why doesn't
GP?
--
Art Cabot
Director, Information Technology

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=ea4b8218-6af0-4540-aa51-db28623a1388&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
ArtCabot (11)

You can do this today.  2 ways that my customers have done this in the past
are by editing the invoice layout in Report Writer or adding a Comment on
the bottom of the invoice.

--
Victoria Yudin
Microsoft MVP - Great Plains

"Art Cabot" <ArtCabot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We should be able to add a message to customers (holiday hours, holiday
> message, etc.) to an invoice. Even QuickBooks has this ability, why
> doesn't
> GP?
> --
> Art Cabot
> Director, Information Technology
> Sizemore, Inc.
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=ea4b8218-6af0-4540-aa51-db28623a1388&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains

0
victoria (3340)
11/2/2005 8:04:59 PM
That's what I was going to try, hoping to create a field that would draw the
message from, perhaps, a text file.

Is the "Comment on the bottom of the invoice" an actual field in GP?  If so,
where?
--

"Victoria [MVP]" wrote:

> You can do this today.  2 ways that my customers have done this in the past
> are by editing the invoice layout in Report Writer or adding a Comment on
> the bottom of the invoice.
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> Microsoft MVP - Great Plains
>

> "Art Cabot" <ArtCabot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We should be able to add a message to customers (holiday hours, holiday
> > message, etc.) to an invoice. Even QuickBooks has this ability, why
> > doesn't
> > GP?
> > --
> > Art Cabot
> > Director, Information Technology
> > Sizemore, Inc.
> >
> > ----------------
> > this
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=ea4b8218-6af0-4540-aa51-db28623a1388&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains

0
ArtCabot (11)
11/2/2005 8:22:05 PM
Yes, at the bottom of either the Invoice Entry or Sales Transaction Entry
screen there is a field called Comment ID.  This links to a predefined list
of messages.  You can choose one at the time of entering the invoice, or you
can default a comment ID onto an invoice in Setup.

--

> That's what I was going to try, hoping to create a field that would draw
> the
> message from, perhaps, a text file.
>
> Is the "Comment on the bottom of the invoice" an actual field in GP?  If
> so,
> where?
> --
> Art Cabot
> Director, Information Technology
> Sizemore, Inc.
>

> "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> You can do this today.  2 ways that my customers have done this in the
>> past
>> are by editing the invoice layout in Report Writer or adding a Comment on
>> the bottom of the invoice.
>>
>> --
>> Victoria Yudin
>> Microsoft MVP - Great Plains
>>

>> "Art Cabot" <ArtCabot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > We should be able to add a message to customers (holiday hours, holiday
>> > message, etc.) to an invoice. Even QuickBooks has this ability, why
>> > doesn't
>> > GP?
>> > --
>> > Art Cabot
>> > Director, Information Technology
>> > Sizemore, Inc.
>> >
>> > ----------------
>> > This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
>> > suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the
>> > "I
>> > Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow
>> > this
>> > link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and
>> > then
>> > click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>> >
>> > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=ea4b8218-6af0-4540-aa51-db28623a1388&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains

0
victoria (3340)

Using CRM Application Pool for Custom ASP.NET application
Hi All I am having 2 server based CRM configuration set that is CRM database is on other server, My intallation on multi server went well and CRM is working fine. I have asp.net application which also uses the same database server as CRM and it is deployed on CRM web server. I have added this ASP.NET application to the Application Pool that CRM is using so that I don't have problem in Connecting to Database server however though CRM is able to connect to the database my ASP.NET application is not getting trusted connection on sql server. What am i doing wrong here? Do I have to ...

Add Lookup Fields to Entity

When Customer Details are added in POS
hi we are planning to develop in POS software....we are in analysis phase.....I have a one doubt....when a new customer is arrived to ur store....his/her details want to be stored...When these details can be stored at the time of check out or Check in??? please suggest Dayaa I'm not sure exactly what you are asking about. Are you asking about MS RMS, MS POS or a custome POS application that you are planning to develop? In any of those cases, you should be able to create a new customer record at any time. To do this at the point of sale, it makes the most sense to do it at the begi...

Excel Add Ins

Printing a Mail-merge postcard
Hello - I have successfully merged my database into a postcard I created in Publisher. However, when I go to "Print Merge", the option to print only that side of my 2-sided postcard is not listed. Therefore, I get 2 separate pages of 4-up postcards, which I am unable to use. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Thanks for your time and consideration. Jeannine Clontz Accbizsvc@aol.com Publisher cannot print the merged information to a second page. Put your second page in a different file, when the merge is finished, turn the cards over and print the other side. -- M...

Add on

POS 2009 Add-In: Populating a Task Pad

Print a list of my worksheets?
I have a spreadsheet with about 30 worksheets. Is there a way in which I can print out a list of the worksheet names? Hi see: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm "DaveL" wrote: > I have a spreadsheet with about 30 worksheets. Is there a way in which I can > print out a list of the worksheet names? Frank Very many thanks. "Frank Kabel" wrote: > Hi > see: > http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm > > "DaveL" wrote: > > > I have a spreadsheet with about 30 worksheets. Is there a way in which I can > ...

Paid Invoice Shows Open
Hi, I have and open invoice that the monies have been collected on, plese see attached. How could I get rid of the remaining open invoice? When I printed it out there was a strange entry on the 2nd line or attached to the first line entry, I am not sure. -- P McCarthy Unfortunately, you cannot attach documents or embed graphics when posting to these newsgroups. At least, the person trying to view your message can't see them. Please reply with more information. -- Charles Allen, MVP "P McCarthy" wrote: > Hi, > I have and open invoice that the monies have bee...

Add-in cannot be loaded OL07

Delete button missing on HQ Global Customers list
I have a strange problem with HQ Manager. All PC's and Server are running HQ 1.3.1002. When all but one user with admin level access opens HQ Manager, enters maintenance mode, and clicks Database, Global Customers, the Delete button is visible for a split second and then vanishes. The one user that can see and use the Delete button can use it from any PC, so it appears to be related to the user account, except that the button is missing when running HQ Manager on the Server. As far as I can tell, the users that cannot see the Delete button have exactly the same permissions and level. There...

Outlook Error Message while Archiving
I received the following error while trying to perform an archive - and for the life of me cannot figure out why this is the case: Error occured while archiving folder 'Sent Items' in store 'Mailbox' - hnash. Some items could not be copied. They were either moved, or deleted, or access was denied. When I tried moving individual pieces of mail I get essentially the same response - Cannot move items. The item could not be moved. It was either moved, or deleted, or access was denied. Thing of it is the mail is currently sitting in the Sent Items folder so I know ...

Format text to add character

can't customize outlook today #3
when i click on the customize outlook today button, nothing happen. am i missing something? i'd love to hear from you if you have any ideas about what's happening. thanks! ...

Purchasing invoice terms should default from PO not Vendor card
Payment terms, shipping method and FOB should default from the PO onto the Purchasing Invoice. Purchasing Managers negotiate special pricing with vendors based on terms. The terms the Purchasing Manager assigns to the PO are part of the legal agreement between the companies. When the invoice arrives in AP, the terms on the Purchasing Invoice should default from the PO, not the Vendor card. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the me...

Add File menu to custom toolbar

add a DC in a LegSite

Can I set a rule for AutoForwarded messages?
The head in my office sends mails I don't want. Specifically, it seems like he has set AutoForward to some sorts of news letters from various sites. I'm currently using Outlook 2010 and in the header it says "This message was AutoForwarded." Of course he sometimes sends mails I need to read so I can't block all of his mails or his mails that start with "FW:". Is there any way I can set a rule for AutoForwarded messages? I'd like to move them to Junk E-mail folder. No, there is no rule for this. Why not simply ask him to remove your address from h...

Outlook diabling links in my incomming messages
All of the sudden, Outlook is disabling links in all incoming E-Mail messages. I do get a notice at the top of the screen that "links are disabled, click here to enable (not recommended)", I can click there and it re-enables them. But I want links fully enabled by default at all times, like it was until last week (when I think I installed an Office patch or service pack from Microsoft Update). Does anyone know either where the settings are to fully enable links, or the manual registry patch that I would need to make? [I've already installed one to allow .exe and other ...

publisher 2007 printing
I preview a page, it looks great, but it won't print any of the borders around text boxes. Any ireas?? brian wrote: > I preview a page, it looks great, but it won't print any of the borders > around text boxes. Check the website of your printer manufacturer for an updated printer driver. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org "brian" wrote: > I preview a page, it looks great, but it won't print any of the borders > around text boxes. > Any ireas?? Brian, Right Click on the text box and choose edit text box. There are choice...

excel add-ons