Activity Tracking Clean-up

Hi There,
Many people are asking about how to track users activity in the system, and
some have warned that this could fill up the DB quickly (not really sure
about this...). But, no one has ever brought up the question about how to
clean-up that activity once it's over and done. For example, I've seen
companies were users activity tracking was enable for months or years, and
nobody was really aware about it. I've  searched thru the GP documentation
and found nothing about the clean-up process, nor is there any remove/cleanup
option in the maintenance.
The activity tracking is all logged in the table DYNAMICS..SY05000, so one
can assume that a simple SQL statement could get rid of the entries ? Please,
if some MSFT SE could confirm this, I'ld very happy to do some fall-cleaning
:-)
Have a great time all.
Béat

Hi,

There is a facility in Great Plains that allow you to clean-up/maintain
activity details.  The path in GP 10 is Microsoft Dynamics
GP>>Tools>>Utilities>>System>>Activity Detail.  This will launch Remove
Activity Tracking Detail.  On the other you can use SQL delete statement with
varous 'where' clauses.
As always, please perform a backup of your DYNAMICS databases before appying
the clean-up step we have discussed.

Cheers,

Dennis Araullo, MACS
MCTS GP,CRM
MCTIP Database Administrator 2008
MCTIP Installation & Configuration AX 2009
CCEA

"Beat Bucher, GP 10 Admin" wrote:

> Hi There,
> Many people are asking about how to track users activity in the system, and
> some have warned that this could fill up the DB quickly (not really sure
> about this...). But, no one has ever brought up the question about how to
> clean-up that activity once it's over and done. For example, I've seen
> companies were users activity tracking was enable for months or years, and
> nobody was really aware about it. I've  searched thru the GP documentation
> and found nothing about the clean-up process, nor is there any remove/cleanup
> option in the maintenance.
> The activity tracking is all logged in the table DYNAMICS..SY05000, so one
> can assume that a simple SQL statement could get rid of the entries ? Please,
> if some MSFT SE could confirm this, I'ld very happy to do some fall-cleaning
> :-)
> Have a great time all.
> Béat
0
Dencio (69)
10/2/2009 8:03:03 AM
There is an Activity Removal function in the System Utilties Menu.

It allows for you to remove any item that you would have marked on.

> On Thursday, October 01, 2009 2:58 PM Beat Bucher, GP 10 Admin wrote:

> Hi There,
> Many people are asking about how to track users activity in the system, and
> some have warned that this could fill up the DB quickly (not really sure
> about this...). But, no one has ever brought up the question about how to
> clean-up that activity once it is over and done. For example, I have seen
> companies were users activity tracking was enable for months or years, and
> nobody was really aware about it. I have  searched thru the GP documentation
> and found nothing about the clean-up process, nor is there any remove/cleanup
> option in the maintenance.
> The activity tracking is all logged in the table DYNAMICS..SY05000, so one
> can assume that a simple SQL statement could get rid of the entries ? Please,
> if some MSFT SE could confirm this, I'ld very happy to do some fall-cleaning
> Have a great time all.
> B??at

>> On Friday, October 02, 2009 4:03 AM Dencio wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> There is a facility in Great Plains that allow you to clean-up/maintain
>> activity details.  The path in GP 10 is Microsoft Dynamics
>> Activity Tracking Detail.  On the other you can use SQL delete statement with
>> varous 'where' clauses.
>> As always, please perform a backup of your DYNAMICS databases before appying
>> the clean-up step we have discussed.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Dennis Araullo, MACS
>> MCTS GP,CRM
>> MCTIP Database Administrator 2008
>> MCTIP Installation & Configuration AX 2009
>> CCEA
>>

>> "Beat Bucher, GP 10 Admin" wrote:

>> Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice
>> Mocking WCF Services Using Moq
>> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/b76105f1-f832-4b52-82ba-d5a61d435d81/mocking-wcf-services-using-moq.aspx
0
Cy

Active Tasks in Outlook Today
Is there a way to only display active tasks in Outlook Today ...

Internal e-mail activities are adding up
As people begin to use CRM and send internal e-mails regarding a particular entity we are seeing a HUGE number of activities adding up. It would be nice in the future if all internal e-mails regarding the entity would be summed up into one activity. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I ...

Recurring Service Activities / Items -- CRM 3.0 -- No capability?!
What's the rationale behind *not* having the ability to schedule recurring activities and service items? Have I missed something in workflows or some such? Thanks, ....dgg On May 25, 3:16 pm, David G <David G...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > What's the rationale behind *not* having the ability to schedule recurring > activities and service items? > > Have I missed something in workflows or some such? > > Thanks, > > ...dgg Hi David, Has anyone responded to your question? We are having the same issue and I'm hoping there is a solution avail...

Notified Office is Not Activated, but it is Activated
When my boss opens any of his Office 2007 products it notifies him that his copy of office is not activated. It has been activated and when I check it through Options it shows that it is activated, but the dialogue pops up each time the programs are opened. I have used the FixIt from KB 919895 to delete the Opa12.dat file which fixed a communications error in activatation, but the product still doesn't think it is properly activated when it is. ...

Activity views 09-26-05
Folks When viewing the activities on an account or quote, there appears to be no obvious way to include the date of the activity in the view so it is difficult to determine when the activity was done - resulting in us having to open each and every activity to find the relevant one - and this is time consuming. Any ideas? Regards Gavin The current release of Microsoft CRM does not allow you to customize the activity views at least in a supported fashion. If you scan the archives of this group at groups.google.com for activity view you will find some unsupported methods. Microsoft CR...

How to track the mouse positions outside a dialog box
hello, How to track the mouse positions outside a dialog box? WM_MOUSEMOVE message tracks only the mouse positions inside/on the dialog box. I am facing a problem where in which I need to track the mouse positions outside the dialog box. Is their any method or function which tracks mouse position outside dialog. I would really appreciate it if someone can help me on this topic. Thanks!! Deepak Can't you track it from on the desktop window handle? -- Willie B. Hardigan Microsoft Product Deactivation Team -- "Beginner" <Beginner@netscape.net> wrote in message ne...

COraltating the tracking numbers
OK, i have make reciet books , 50 to each pack with tracking numbers.. now the problem iam have is that when i print 4 to 1 page, it does ok to set each number in sequance, it seems... but if i print a pile of pages and it comes time to cut that stack into 4 , i run into trouble.. then i realize the numbers dont go in order in their own little stacks..that eachnumber below that is not the right number, so after i have to go and put them all in order by hand ..thats crazy must be a better way. ...

Set Default View to Active Accounts
How do I set the default view to be Active Accounts for all users? I thought I had set it by going to Settings>Customizations>Customize Entities>Account>Forms&Views>Active Accounts>More Actions>Set Default. I logged out and logged back in and the default view was still set to My Active Accounts. Please Help. -- TC I hope you published the entity after making the change. Try an iisreset... Sam _______________ Inogic Innovative Logic Innovative solutions for your SME ERP/CRM products E-mail: crm@inogic.com Web: www.inogic.com -------------------------- &qu...

Email to Activity in queue
Hi, I have created a queue and I don't get any email activity from incoming mail. I have this configuration: - CRM Server: CRM 3 (CRMSERVER) - SQL Server: SQL 2000 sp4 (SQLSERVER) - Exchange Server: Exchange 2003 sp2 Cluster environment (EXCCLU1, EXCCLU2). I have installed the CRM-Email Router in both nodes (http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/deploy/clusteringexchangeservers.mspx) And I have created the queue in two steps: - Step 1: AD Account with Exchange Mailbox o SELF Allow “Associated external account” o CRMEmailEnabled (Custom Attribute...

The value become wrong when get value by using AppleScript while other worksheet is active.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I just want to send a bug report. Summary: The value become wrong when get value by using AppleScript while other worksheet is active. Description: 1. Create an AppleScript file with below script. tell application "Microsoft Excel" activate set OriginalWorkbook to workbook "Workbook1" set OriginalData to string value of column 1 of row 1 of worksheet 1 of OriginalWorkbook end tell 2. Launch Excel 2008 and create a Workbook called "Workbook1". 3. Enter time data "11...

activate, window activate?
Hi, I want code to fire when I deactive excel and select another program and then run again when I active excel again... Private Sub Workbook_SheetDeactivate(ByVal Sh As Object) Range("v3").Font.ThemeColor = xlAutomatic End Sub Tried several, what am I missing? Try this. Hope this helps! If so, let me know, click "YES" below. Private Sub Workbook_WindowDeactivate(ByVal Wn As Excel.Window) Range("V3").Font.ThemeColor = xlAutomatic End Sub -- Cheers, Ryan "John" wrote: > Hi, I want code to fire when I deactive excel an...

Resolution Activities
I am trying to pull resolution activities and whether they are won or lost? Which field stores this information? The Opportunity has a 'state' and 'staus reason' field - you should find that the State field is what you are looking for the 'status reason' is the 'why' (i.e why you won/lost). Guy. "EricaUW" <EricaUW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74837B1C-40CE-40C5-95A0-DE6D771C9C6E@microsoft.com... >I am trying to pull resolution activities and whether they are won or lost? > Which field stores this information? ...

Changing default from printing Entire Workbook to Active Sheets
In Excel 2007, is there a place to select the data to print? I have a user that when she goes to print a document, the 'print what' section of the print box defaults to 'entire workbook.' She wants it to default to 'active sheets.' Is there a setting in Excel or the Registry that I can edit? Thanks, John ...

Quick Campaign creating duplicate activities
When I run a quick campaign for either a contact list or an account list, I get 2 activities per contact or account. It does it for any activity type (e-mail, letter, etc) Has anyone seen this? Does anyone know how (or even where to start) to fix this? If I create a quick campaign for 5 contacts, I would like only 5 activities to be created. Thanks Seems like some how your deployment has duplicate workflow process definition for bulk operation. This definition is created during setup. I dont know how your system might have got into that state. Did you run installation or repair ...

Determine cluster mode Active/Active or Active/Passive??
This is a simple question but I'm new to Exchange 2003 clustering. We have 2-node Exc 2003 Ent cluster here at my new job. I need to apply the Daylight Savings patches this weekend and making sure I've got the process down. What I noticed in Cluster Admin is that I have online groups/resources in each cluster. So I have excluster1 and excluster2. If I check Active Groups for each one, they both have both and both are online. Same deal with Active Resources. So does this mean I have an Active/Active setup? Thanks for any info Active/Active = 2 cluster nodes, both hosting 1 Excha...

Workflow multiplicate activities
I have created 4 workflows for one entity. Each of them starts when the value of custom picklist has been changed. Each of the workflows has stop line at the end. Unfortunatelly for some picklist options there are 4-5 times more created duplicate activities. Is there somebody, who can tell me what is the reason for that ? Best regards, Omega ...

How can I close multiple activities at once
From a customer I got the question: is it possible to close multiple activities (f.i. 300 phonecall created by a Quick Campaign) at once? They DON'T want to delete them! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Com...

Message Tracking #15
I have mesage tracking turn on, but the "Change" button is dim and ther is a WMI error in the log file directory section " An error occurred during a call to Windows management Instrumentation ID no. 80041013 Exchange Systme Management. -- E Clavijo Hi Have a look at this KB article, might be of interest: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;841481 Regards -- Ben Hoffman MCP (Win2000 Pro/Server & Exchange 2003 Admin) http://www.ExchangeIS.com "E Clavijo" <EClavijo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:340992B4-37F4-47...

Mail-merge set as default to create activities?
Hello, After a mail-merge is complete and it asks if you want to create activities for these records, does anyone know if you can get it to default to yes rather then no. My client would like to try and stop people from forgetting to clieck yes! Thanks, Katherine If you have an onpremise deployment then you can go and update the <wwwroot>\tools\mailmerge\trackactivities.aspx page and move the checked option from radio button "radNoTrack" to "radTrack". "K" wrote: > Hello, > > After a mail-merge is complete and it asks if you want to cre...

Activate an active workbook with name x
First I do a save as.. for a workbook and get the name via a input box (lets say the name gets queried by 'fname'. How do I later move back to that specific workbook? Something I needed would look like: ActiveWorkbook -with the name of 'fname'.Activate tx Gmick, I think fname is a variable in your program. If so, Workbooks(fname).Activate -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Gmick" <gnick@chello.nl> wrote in message news:R6LRc.58621$i7.23416@amsnews05.chello.com... > First I do a sav...

Attributes on Associated Activity View
Is it possible to add new attributes on the Activity- Open Acitivity associated view. When I go there, there is no button to create new, and all other attributes are read-only. Thanks. Hi Max, You cannot add new attributes on the Activity. However, you can add it to the individual activities like Email, Task etc. For that you have to launch the individual entity and add it there. Thanks! Manoj -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Max" <Max @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:47840A7E-779F-4AC1-B0AC...

Outlook 2003 will not close
Have done something but not sure what and now Outlook will not close. In the Task Manager it is found that Word and Outlook are still running. To get Outlook to run again both processes have to be stopped. Outlook has been taken off the machine and put back again with no change. Any help useful. Thanks. May have found the culprit. Noted that WinFaxPro had put a link into Outlook about sending faxes by email. Removed WinFaxPro - it would not work anyway - and Outlook now shuts down OK. Also removed something called Bulls Eye Network which had installed itself on the computer. Had to ...

Activation, Registration, New User
I edit and produce the newsletter for my neighborhood association. The association recently purchased a copy of Microsoft Publisher 2007 for me to use in order to facilitate my work. Once I am no longer producing the newsletter for the association, we would like to be able to have the new editor install the software. I have installed and activated the software, but not registered it. I think it should be registered in the name of the association, but how do I do this? How can I ensure that if at some point I stop performing this function for the assocation, they can pass on the softwar...

Message tracking center #2
Exchange System installed on an XP Workstation. When I run a search, the following message is displayed : Could not find the specified exported object Installation : Win32 Error ID : 80070776 Exchange System Manager ...

controlling active cell
I have a spreadsheet with 4 columns. I am scanning some bar codes into the 2nd and the 3rd column. I want to the active cell to change to the 3rd cell after I scan the bar code for the second column. This is obviously easy to do. But I want it go to the 2nd column of the next line after I scan the bar code for the 3rd column. Is there any way to do this? Step 1 Description Tag # Serial # Pallet x Step 2 Description Tag # Serial # Pallet x x Step 3 Description...