Activity report that shows all g/l entries during a given time

Hi,
    My users are looking for a report that shows all journal entries during
the month of may.   The current reports are geared towards the g/l posting
times, not the user activities.

   In general, for our auditors, we are looking to provide a report that
shows all entries done by users for a given time frame?

   Does anyone know whether this report exists?  I haven't been able to find
it directly. Or use a smart list...  I've looked at account transactions but
none of the date fields match the date the user posted.  It has the posting
date... but not the date when the user was actually doing the work.

--
Clark M
Software Manager Genomic Health

Let me add, we would like to have the audit code and j/e more than just the
fact that the user posted "something"... I/E the activity tracking system
report
--

"cmgenomic" wrote:

> Hi,
>     My users are looking for a report that shows all journal entries during
> the month of may.   The current reports are geared towards the g/l posting
> times, not the user activities.
>
>    In general, for our auditors, we are looking to provide a report that
> shows all entries done by users for a given time frame?
>
>    Does anyone know whether this report exists?  I haven't been able to find
> it directly. Or use a smart list...  I've looked at account transactions but
> none of the date fields match the date the user posted.  It has the posting
> date... but not the date when the user was actually doing the work.
>
> --
> Clark M
> Software Manager Genomic Health
0
cmgenomic (8)
5/11/2007 9:46:02 PM
and your trial balance doesn't do this for you? the Detailed TB?
Mike

"cmgenomic" <cmgenomic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Let me add, we would like to have the audit code and j/e more than just
> the
> fact that the user posted "something"... I/E the activity tracking system
> report
> --
> Clark M
> Software Manager Genomic Health
>

> "cmgenomic" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>     My users are looking for a report that shows all journal entries
>> during
>> the month of may.   The current reports are geared towards the g/l
>> posting
>> times, not the user activities.
>>
>>    In general, for our auditors, we are looking to provide a report that
>> shows all entries done by users for a given time frame?
>>
>>    Does anyone know whether this report exists?  I haven't been able to
>> find
>> it directly. Or use a smart list...  I've looked at account transactions
>> but
>> none of the date fields match the date the user posted.  It has the
>> posting
>> date... but not the date when the user was actually doing the work.
>>
>> --
>> Clark M
>> Software Manager Genomic Health

Mike,

It sounds like they want to know the actual date that the transaction
was posted as opposed to the posting date which is when the transaction
hits the G/L. I guess that you would have to examine the G/L tables to
see if the system records the actual time and date that the user clicks
the Post button.

Might be interesting to ghost around the database to have a look for
this, if I can find the time!!

--
Lyle U

Mike G wrote:

> and your trial balance doesn't do this for you? the Detailed TB?
> Mike
>
> "cmgenomic" <cmgenomic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Let me add, we would like to have the audit code and j/e more than
> > just  the fact that the user posted "something"... I/E the activity
> > tracking system report
> > --  Clark M
> > Software Manager Genomic Health
> >

> > "cmgenomic" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> >>   My users are looking for a report that shows all journal entries
> during
> > > the month of may.   The current reports are geared towards the
> > > g/l  posting times, not the user activities.
> > >
> >>   In general, for our auditors, we are looking to provide a report
> that
> > > shows all entries done by users for a given time frame?
> > >
> >>  Does anyone know whether this report exists?  I haven't been able
> to  find
> > > it directly. Or use a smart list...  I've looked at account
> > > transactions  but none of the date fields match the date the user
> > > posted.  It has the  posting date... but not the date when the
> > > user was actually doing the work.
> > >
> > > --  Clark M
> > > Software Manager Genomic Health
0
lyleu (305)
5/12/2007 3:30:43 AM
Thanks for the responses,  I am looking for the day the user posted versus
the date the entry was posted for.

The usual situation for this type of entry is during month end close, the
users will be posting items for the previous month.

We get asked for this information from the auditors pretty regularly.  As
the audit begins, they have all that data, but they also want to see the user
posting activities either after the audit or during the audit.

I was thinking if I could maybe create a modified smartlist that had actual
creation date of the audit code using the "account transactions" smartlist as
the basis.
I can then let the users, set search columns for that "User created date"
versus g/l posting date.
The modified date, creation date in the "account transactions ... doesn't
seem to have the "user created date."

--

"Lyle U" wrote:

> Mike,
>
> It sounds like they want to know the actual date that the transaction
> was posted as opposed to the posting date which is when the transaction
> hits the G/L. I guess that you would have to examine the G/L tables to
> see if the system records the actual time and date that the user clicks
> the Post button.
>
> Might be interesting to ghost around the database to have a look for
> this, if I can find the time!!
>
> --
> Lyle U
>

> Mike G wrote:
>
> > and your trial balance doesn't do this for you? the Detailed TB?
> > Mike
> >
> > "cmgenomic" <cmgenomic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Let me add, we would like to have the audit code and j/e more than
> > > just  the fact that the user posted "something"... I/E the activity
> > > tracking system report
> > > --  Clark M
> > > Software Manager Genomic Health

> > during

> > that

> > to  find

0
cmgenomic (8)
5/12/2007 3:51:01 AM
Clark,

As you will find, just because the field is there, it is not
necessarily populated with data. It may be one of those infamous
"reserved for future use" or abandonded from an earlier version field.
I'm thinking that one would have to go right into the database and have
a look to see if the date info that you want is in there somewhere.

If nothing else, a search like that would give you a start on
understanding where all of the data resides. There really is no
substitute for knowing your way around the database when taking on
report design projects of any kind.

If I get a chance over the weekend, I will have a look to see if I can
identify something that you can use for your report.

Just out of curiousity, why do the auditors care when the user pressed
the button to post something as long as it is a correct and valid entry
and is in the correct period?

--
Lyle U

cmgenomic wrote:

> Thanks for the responses,  I am looking for the day the user posted
> versus the date the entry was posted for.
>
> The usual situation for this type of entry is during month end close,
> the users will be posting items for the previous month.
>
> We get asked for this information from the auditors pretty regularly.
> As the audit begins, they have all that data, but they also want to
> see the user posting activities either after the audit or during the
> audit.
>
> I was thinking if I could maybe create a modified smartlist that had
> actual creation date of the audit code using the "account
> transactions" smartlist as the basis.
> I can then let the users, set search columns for that "User created
> date" versus g/l posting date.
> The modified date, creation date in the "account transactions ...
> doesn't seem to have the "user created date."
0
lyleu (305)
5/12/2007 4:45:33 AM
The column "Originating Posted Date" in the Account Transactions smartlist
appears to be what you're looking for (GL20000.ORPSTDDT). With some basic
testing this field looks like it is storing the system date at the time of
the transaction. I only tested this with a couple different document types so
you may want to do some additional testing if you have a test company setup.

"cmgenomic" wrote:

> Thanks for the responses,  I am looking for the day the user posted versus
> the date the entry was posted for.
>
> The usual situation for this type of entry is during month end close, the
> users will be posting items for the previous month.
>
> We get asked for this information from the auditors pretty regularly.  As
> the audit begins, they have all that data, but they also want to see the user
> posting activities either after the audit or during the audit.
>
> I was thinking if I could maybe create a modified smartlist that had actual
> creation date of the audit code using the "account transactions" smartlist as
> the basis.
> I can then let the users, set search columns for that "User created date"
> versus g/l posting date.
> The modified date, creation date in the "account transactions ... doesn't
> seem to have the "user created date."
>
> --
> Clark M
> Software Manager Genomic Health
>

> "Lyle U" wrote:
>
> > Mike,
> >
> > It sounds like they want to know the actual date that the transaction
> > was posted as opposed to the posting date which is when the transaction
> > hits the G/L. I guess that you would have to examine the G/L tables to
> > see if the system records the actual time and date that the user clicks
> > the Post button.
> >
> > Might be interesting to ghost around the database to have a look for
> > this, if I can find the time!!
> >
> > --
> > Lyle U
> >

> > Mike G wrote:
> >
> > > and your trial balance doesn't do this for you? the Detailed TB?
> > > Mike
> > >
> > > "cmgenomic" <cmgenomic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > > during

> > > that

> > > to  find

0
Jim8980 (510)
5/12/2007 3:18:00 PM
Thanks for the responses.
I will try the originating posted date.

During our audits which are weeks long, we give them reports at the
beginning of the audit.   But during that period,  other entries are made,
sometimes to previous periods.   As a check, they would like to see those
activities.

   The alternative is to re-print the prior months...  from an auditing
perspective, it is clearer to ask for activities during the 2 week period.
Rahter than have us know to print the months, just print the activities.

Clark
--

"jim" wrote:

> The column "Originating Posted Date" in the Account Transactions smartlist
> appears to be what you're looking for (GL20000.ORPSTDDT). With some basic
> testing this field looks like it is storing the system date at the time of
> the transaction. I only tested this with a couple different document types so
> you may want to do some additional testing if you have a test company setup.
>
> "cmgenomic" wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the responses,  I am looking for the day the user posted versus
> > the date the entry was posted for.
> >
> > The usual situation for this type of entry is during month end close, the
> > users will be posting items for the previous month.
> >
> > We get asked for this information from the auditors pretty regularly.  As
> > the audit begins, they have all that data, but they also want to see the user
> > posting activities either after the audit or during the audit.
> >
> > I was thinking if I could maybe create a modified smartlist that had actual
> > creation date of the audit code using the "account transactions" smartlist as
> > the basis.
> > I can then let the users, set search columns for that "User created date"
> > versus g/l posting date.
> > The modified date, creation date in the "account transactions ... doesn't
> > seem to have the "user created date."
> >
> > --
> > Clark M
> > Software Manager Genomic Health
> >

> > "Lyle U" wrote:
> >
> > > Mike,
> > >
> > > It sounds like they want to know the actual date that the transaction
> > > was posted as opposed to the posting date which is when the transaction
> > > hits the G/L. I guess that you would have to examine the G/L tables to
> > > see if the system records the actual time and date that the user clicks
> > > the Post button.
> > >
> > > Might be interesting to ghost around the database to have a look for
> > > this, if I can find the time!!
> > >
> > > --
> > > Lyle U

0
cmgenomic (8)
5/15/2007 8:54:00 PM
The Enable Posting Numbers In General Ledger also will help you in your quest
to find what was posted before and after you gave the report to your audit.
The Enable Posting Numbers will automatically add sequential numbers whenever
you post.  You can enable this in Tools>>Setup>>company>>Options.

Gerald

"cmgenomic" wrote:

> Thanks for the responses.
> I will try the originating posted date.
>
> During our audits which are weeks long, we give them reports at the
> beginning of the audit.   But during that period,  other entries are made,
> sometimes to previous periods.   As a check, they would like to see those
> activities.
>
>    The alternative is to re-print the prior months...  from an auditing
> perspective, it is clearer to ask for activities during the 2 week period.
> Rahter than have us know to print the months, just print the activities.
>
> Clark
> --
> Clark M
> Software Manager Genomic Health
>

> "jim" wrote:
>
> > The column "Originating Posted Date" in the Account Transactions smartlist
> > appears to be what you're looking for (GL20000.ORPSTDDT). With some basic
> > testing this field looks like it is storing the system date at the time of
> > the transaction. I only tested this with a couple different document types so
> > you may want to do some additional testing if you have a test company setup.
> >
> > "cmgenomic" wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks for the responses,  I am looking for the day the user posted versus
> > > the date the entry was posted for.
> > >
> > > The usual situation for this type of entry is during month end close, the
> > > users will be posting items for the previous month.
> > >
> > > We get asked for this information from the auditors pretty regularly.  As
> > > the audit begins, they have all that data, but they also want to see the user
> > > posting activities either after the audit or during the audit.
> > >
> > > I was thinking if I could maybe create a modified smartlist that had actual
> > > creation date of the audit code using the "account transactions" smartlist as
> > > the basis.
> > > I can then let the users, set search columns for that "User created date"
> > > versus g/l posting date.
> > > The modified date, creation date in the "account transactions ... doesn't
> > > seem to have the "user created date."
> > >
> > > --
> > > Clark M
> > > Software Manager Genomic Health

0
Gerald (227)

Updates not showed
Hi there. I launch windows update, let it look for new updates, it finds new updates, but it doesn�t show me them. This is a screen capture of what I�m saying. http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/204/ss20100411195804.png What�s wrong? How to solve it? Thanks in advance. Solved! Here it is: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058 "Pablo Inza" <pabloinza@infovia.com.ar> escribi� en el mensaje de noticias news:%23Q45SRlDLHA.1368@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi there. I launch windows update, let it look for new updates, it finds > new updates, but it ...

Preventing duplicate record entries where two fields are involved
I have a form named ACCOUNTS that is bound to a table that is also named ACCOUNTS. The form is used only for entering data into the ACCOUNTS table. In the table there are two text fields, one named FUNCTION, and the other named OBJECT. The field named FUNCTION can contain repetitions of a four character code, and the field named OBJECT can contain repetitions of a five character code. The two fields together should not contain the same pair of codes such as in rows 1 and 3 in the example below: FUNCTION OBJECT 1) abcd wxyz 2) adcd hijk 3) ...

Active Tasks in Outlook Today
Is there a way to only display active tasks in Outlook Today ...

Wrong time displayed
When I view my calendar in the office using Outlook, the meetings are listed correctly. When I login to our server remotely across the Internet, my mail works fine, but my calendar displays all times 8 hours off ( a 9 am meeting displays as a 5 pm meeting) !! Outlook has the option of maintaining separate time zones so you can, for example, see what time your 5PM conference call is going to seem to that person in, say, London. Not sure about your setup, but you might have either a second time zone set or be switching between them. In general, the following is how to set one up. If you...

Internal e-mail activities are adding up
As people begin to use CRM and send internal e-mails regarding a particular entity we are seeing a HUGE number of activities adding up. It would be nice in the future if all internal e-mails regarding the entity would be summed up into one activity. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I ...

Recurring Service Activities / Items -- CRM 3.0 -- No capability?!
What's the rationale behind *not* having the ability to schedule recurring activities and service items? Have I missed something in workflows or some such? Thanks, ....dgg On May 25, 3:16 pm, David G <David G...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > What's the rationale behind *not* having the ability to schedule recurring > activities and service items? > > Have I missed something in workflows or some such? > > Thanks, > > ...dgg Hi David, Has anyone responded to your question? We are having the same issue and I'm hoping there is a solution avail...

Please help very urgent to give ageing report
Please give me an sql to generate the report from statement table, I have three column in my table 1. Month 2. year 3. Amount I want to show 1. if the month is current month it should be shown as ' Current' 2. If the previous month it should be shown as '30' 3 if before previous month it should be '60' 4 if before '60' it should be '90' 5. otherwise it should be '120' Please help Have a look at the Partition() function. A good helpfile for it is at: http://accessmvp.com/Arvin/PartitionFunctionHelp.txt --...

My employees need an end of shift report from receipt printer.
I need my employees to be able to print out their sales at shift end. We just bought Microsoft POS 2.0, and it doesn't seem to have the information I need. I make my daily reports by using the print outs each employee has at the end of their shift. It has sales by department and sales tax and COGS. This is all information I need to generate reports for my books and to verify their tills. Also, we have overnight empolyees so information overlaps 2 days. I'm still trying to figure out how to view 2 day information at once on 2.0. I'm reluctant to deploy this new equipme...

Activity views 09-26-05
Folks When viewing the activities on an account or quote, there appears to be no obvious way to include the date of the activity in the view so it is difficult to determine when the activity was done - resulting in us having to open each and every activity to find the relevant one - and this is time consuming. Any ideas? Regards Gavin The current release of Microsoft CRM does not allow you to customize the activity views at least in a supported fashion. If you scan the archives of this group at groups.google.com for activity view you will find some unsupported methods. Microsoft CR...

Notified Office is Not Activated, but it is Activated
When my boss opens any of his Office 2007 products it notifies him that his copy of office is not activated. It has been activated and when I check it through Options it shows that it is activated, but the dialogue pops up each time the programs are opened. I have used the FixIt from KB 919895 to delete the Opa12.dat file which fixed a communications error in activatation, but the product still doesn't think it is properly activated when it is. ...

Money2004: doesn't show all securities in dropdown when matching downloaded transactions
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001C_01C3E5DA.09AD7620 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I just got Money 2004 and imported all my Quicken 2002 accounts = flawlessly. I've also configured it to download transactions from my = financial institutions. After it downloads securities, and I select the = "Transactions to read: #" link to jump to the "Review investment = activity", I can now accept the transactions into my investment account = registers. One of the securi...

VS Tools & Crystal Report
Hi, I have customise the PO Entry screen to show a crystal report (popup a new form with a crystal report viewer) when user click a button, there was no error when user first clicked the button however subsequently it will prompt a exception message "Load report failed" but when I use the debugging and step into the code, there was no error and the report show up correctly...any idea? ...

Date and Time on X-axis
I have three columns (Date, Time, and Temperature) that I am trying t graph as a scatter chart. I would like Date and Time together on th x-axis and I would like Temperature on the y-axis. I can't get th date and time combined on the x-axis. There are multiple measurement on the same day and the measurements are not spaced evenly. I woul like the scale to be with a consistent unit (i.e. certain number o hours between points). Any suggestions? Thanks, Cind -- cdought ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cdoughty's Profile: http://www.excelforum...

Module handle of a given object instance
Hi, Does anybody know how to obtain a handle to the module in which a given object instance was created (allocated) ? For example, in DLL2.dll, I allocate an object MyDerivedObject* pInstance = new MyDerivedObject() MyDerivedObject derives from MyObject, a base class implmented in another dll, DLL1.dll . Then I use base class methods located in DLL1.dll pInstance->ABaseClassMethod() Witihin MyObject::ABaseClassMethod(), I would like to know where "this" was allocated, i.e. get a handle to DLL2.dll . I would like to avoid using filenames, to keep things general. Andres &q...

Great Plains Reports and Printing
We are printing our Great Plains Report to a High Speed Dot Matrix Line Printer. By default, the font and pitch are quite small, and if we try to increase the size on the control panel of the printer, it has no effect. My question is this, in order to get font sizes to come out larger on our Great Plains Reports, do we have to change each individual field in the Report Designer? Does the Report Designer settings override whatever settings the printer may have? Thanks The font size for Text reports (especially when the size is set to Best Text Fit) is decided by the size of the repor...

Email to Activity in queue
Hi, I have created a queue and I don't get any email activity from incoming mail. I have this configuration: - CRM Server: CRM 3 (CRMSERVER) - SQL Server: SQL 2000 sp4 (SQLSERVER) - Exchange Server: Exchange 2003 sp2 Cluster environment (EXCCLU1, EXCCLU2). I have installed the CRM-Email Router in both nodes (http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/deploy/clusteringexchangeservers.mspx) And I have created the queue in two steps: - Step 1: AD Account with Exchange Mailbox o SELF Allow “Associated external account” o CRMEmailEnabled (Custom Attribute...

Problem printing JPEGs in reports
I have a database built from scratch in Access 2007 that includes an attachment field which is used to store JPEG photos of people's faces that are printed onto ID cards. It has been working perfectly until recently when the photos get distorted (they look almost as though they have gone into 4-bit colour mode with lots of dithering). When you view the report in 'Report View' the picture looks perfect, but when you go to 'Print Preview' the distortion occurs. It is nothing to do with the images themselves, as ones that have printed perfectly before are now distorted....

Set Default View to Active Accounts
How do I set the default view to be Active Accounts for all users? I thought I had set it by going to Settings>Customizations>Customize Entities>Account>Forms&Views>Active Accounts>More Actions>Set Default. I logged out and logged back in and the default view was still set to My Active Accounts. Please Help. -- TC I hope you published the entity after making the change. Try an iisreset... Sam _______________ Inogic Innovative Logic Innovative solutions for your SME ERP/CRM products E-mail: crm@inogic.com Web: www.inogic.com -------------------------- &qu...

Report needed
I needed a assistance to modify the inventory receipt report to show the Gross Profit for each item. This is required when the items are being received into the store. Can anyone assist? phillipd@hugginsgrenada.com Regards, Don This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00F3_01C92F90.CDA8D600 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_00F4_01C92F90.CDA8D600" ------=_NextPart_001_00F4_01C92F90.CDA8D600 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Don, Try this one attac...

Crystal Reports License error.
Hi, I just built a Windows 2k active directory domain and installed CRM 1.2 on a server in the domain. The domain is behind a firewall. Everything works from inside the firewall. I can connect to the CRM server from outside the firewall but when I try to view reports I get a Crystal Reports license error. Does anyone know what ports I need to open on the firewall to get past this problem or is this some other issue I overlooked? I tried opening all of the ports that appear in the firewall logs with no success. Also is it the CRM server reporting this error or is it an authenticati...

opens a report
I have a form that is basically an invoice, I want a command button that opens a report that will print only the invoice I am viewing. I have seen this done before but have drawn a blank on how to accomplish this. thanks hi j, On 28.04.2010 16:44, jwebster1979 wrote: > I have a form that is basically an invoice, I want a command button that > opens a report that will print only the invoice I am viewing. I have seen > this done before but have drawn a blank on how to accomplish this. You normally use the WhereCondition parameter of the DoCmd.OpenReport action: Sub Op...

Pivot Report
I'm working with a Pivot Table and would like to count the number of times specific text such as a "P" or "O" is in a column. The Microsoft help guide ("Pivot Tables 101") states the following: A "Data field" in a Pivot Table "contains values to be summarized. For example, Sum of Sales is a data field. For most types of source data you can choose how to summarize data (for example, by sum, average, or count). A data field usually summarizes numbers, but it can also summarize text. For example, you can count the number of times a s...

Deleted information reappearing in OneNote after a time.
Why does deleted information reappear in OneNote after a time? OneNote wrote: > Why does deleted information reappear in OneNote after a time? Is the notebook shared and opened on more than one computer? Rainald ...

The value become wrong when get value by using AppleScript while other worksheet is active.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I just want to send a bug report. Summary: The value become wrong when get value by using AppleScript while other worksheet is active. Description: 1. Create an AppleScript file with below script. tell application "Microsoft Excel" activate set OriginalWorkbook to workbook "Workbook1" set OriginalData to string value of column 1 of row 1 of worksheet 1 of OriginalWorkbook end tell 2. Launch Excel 2008 and create a Workbook called "Workbook1". 3. Enter time data "11...

Run Time Error '6'
Hi, When I try to 'issue' a Transfer Inventory Out, or even edit the docket, I get the following: Run-Time Error '6': Overflow. When I press OK, SO Manager closes. This is on version 1.2.0185 trcboy, Are you using a really long transfer number? When you create a transfer manually and not enter a TO# does it have the same problem? -- * "trcboy" <trcboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A927101C-04EC-4AA6-9714-CB9977C6F07C@microsoft.com... Hi, When I try to 'issue' a Transfer Inventory Out, or even edit the docket, I get the foll...