Accurate Gross Margin Tracking on Variable Cost Items

GP 8.0

We custom order products. We use a fixed SKU for the product because it is
custom ordered in different sizes and colors. Each order has a different
cost. How can we set it up so that we have accurate gross margin information
on the sale? Basically we would like to type in the cost on the sales order
so we know exactly what the GM is. We enter the cost in the purchase order
(which we generate via SOP to POP), but it appears that the cost isn't
reflected until the next Sales Order so our GM tracking on a per order basis
is completely off.

Thanks,
Jason
0
Jason4159 (666)

Protecting deleted items?
A small office I babysit has recently had a problem with delting files then wanting them back. All 5 computers are XP Pro, with one acting as a server, sharing a few directories with everyone. Recently, several files have been deleted accidently, probably those on the 'server' by one of the connected users. The checkbox on recycle bin's properties is unchecked, making me think files should stay there till bin is emptied, but that's not happening. Storage on all recycle bins is set at default - 10%, I think, but users can delete files & they are immediatley gone fro...

Inter Store Item transfer
I am trying to transfer smoe items from one store to the 2nd store. Both have SO 2.0. When I use the Inventory Transfer Out, it changes the qty at the 1 st store and creates an transfer order but that's it. I believe I have to re-scan the items to receive at the 2nd store. It does not transfer other item properties like tax, supplier, category, dept, etc. I do have HQ but it is not set up. How can I transfer items so I do not have duplicate data entry of item properties? Hi Samm, I am not sure how they change the 2.0 but how it works in 1.3 version is that you need to configure y...

MARGIN ON BOTTOM LARGER THAN AT TOP AFTER PRINTING
If i put a clipart or text in box and stretch to fit whole page, when it's printed it doesn't seem to fit on bottom of page - there's a gap of approx 3.5cm outside the border whereas the gap on the top is 0.75cm outside the border - using office 2000 and this has only happened since reinstalling my computer - have i changed the settings on something else by mistake that may have caused this? Will your printer allow you to print to the edge? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Kanneily" <Kanneily@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:30...

Combine variable number of columns
I have a single spreadsheet with a list of clients, addresses and their product interests. This table will be used to drive a Mailmerge document. In the document, I want to be able to refer to the products in which they indicated an interest. The problem is that while one client may have identified only one product (one column) others have selected anywhere from two to 170 products - each product is in a separate column. I can join two columns with "&", but when I have an inconsistent number of columns how do I do this efficiently? - I will have to do it for each client, e...

Non Item Movement?
What exactly does it mean when I pull up a report, and it lists Non Item Movement? Or was it a non inventory item...I don't recall? -- Thank You,; Vince ...

Windows mail gremlins
I have just lost all the folders in my Windows Mail left hand margin. I have had a few problems recently where all the folders dissappear and re-booting the system makes come back, but yesterday all I have is my mailboxes. Does anyone know how I can fix both of these issues? In the left pane of Windows Mail, all that should be there are the folders. I have no idea what you mean when you say your mailboxes are in the left pane. As to the folders, check: View->Layout->Folder List Expat;1634506 Wrote: > I have just lost all the folders in my Windows Mail left hand m...

Add Batch control for Inventory Adjust Costs posting
Add batch ID processing to Inventory Adjust Costs utility and add Adjust Costs entries to Orgin list in Posting Setup for Inventory. the Inventory Adjust Costs Utility creates one journal entry and batch ID per item processed. Batch processing Would enable users who make large numbers of inventory cost adjustments to summarize by account and avoid volumes of individual journal entries. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message...

Making a Standard Item into a Matrix Item?
Can you do this? E.g. I have 1 snack mix that already has an assigned ILC. I have 3 new snack mixes (different flavors) that I want to add to the already excisting ILC. Can you do this, and can you keep the item history of the original snack mix separate? Thanks for any replies!! yes, just add it to the existing matrix. It is helpful if the matrix ilc is the first part of the items ilc. A matrix is just a grouping. each item has its own seperate records regardless of being in a martix or not. "CT" <cynthia@whitepass.net> wrote in message news:uuBczc4GFHA.2428@TK2MSFTN...

opening sent items archive
Can somebody please tell me how to open the archived sent items file?????? I have found the large achive file but I dont know how to open/retrieve it. There is a sent item back in February that I need to sned again !!!! Many thanks. MKL >-----Original Message----- >Can somebody please tell me how to open the archived sent >items file?????? I have found the large achive file but I >dont know how to open/retrieve it. There is a sent item >back in February that I need to sned again !!!! Many >thanks. MKL >. > This is what i think it is. If you get a me...

Gross change in file appearance in page preview
A calendar file with text box overlays suddenly appears with the text boxes misshapen and misplaced to the right and down, and the font size enlarged. Yet the page preview and any printed page shows and prints as I intended. I could live with this if I didn't have to periodically revise the text box data. It is possible that it might have something to do with the file being in the compatibility mode for Excel 97-2003, since I have to share this file with others. Any suggestions will be warmly received. -- Kel Humphreys ...

% Gross Profit
I am at a loss. Can someone please help me with the following formula? Total Sales $2347.90 Cost $604.07 Total Profit 74.27 % TIA Cindy One way: B1: $2347.90 B2: $604.07 B3: =1 - B2/B1 Format B3 as a Percentage. In article <F4E85B4D-3B26-4483-960B-3D8EA89681C3@microsoft.com>, "Cindy Conover" <cconover@kwnospamtrucklease.com> wrote: > I am at a loss. Can someone please help me with the following formula? > > Total Sales $2347.90 > Cost $604.07 > > Total Profit 74.27 % > > TIA ...

Tracking Email in CRM 07-07-06
Im getting error messages on user pc's when they try and select Track in CRM for email. The error is "error has occured" Thats it. I was told to search the updates and hotfixes page but it isnt listed unless im being thick! If anyone knows the hotfix number then i can go straight to MS with it Can anyone help as this now is really ticking me off...... ...

Display only nonzero items in a table???
If I have a table with 5 columns and I want to only display rows with nonzero entries of one of the columns... What is the best way to do this? I want to be able to integrate this into a macro, also. Thanks I'd select the range (include one row of headers) and use data|filter|autofilter Then filter to show the not equal to 0 cells/rows. You could record a macro if you want the code. Lovebaby wrote: > > If I have a table with 5 columns and I want to only display rows with > nonzero entries of one of the columns... > > What is the best way to do this? > > ...

Track Changes

physical count of serialized items
how RMS will deal with serialized items if we make a physical count and the quantity was different of database. our setting is : -require serial number when receiving inventory -synchronize quantiy with serial numbers -inforce unique serial in POS how will we synchronize the serial numbers the new QTY . any help please. best reqards This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00F2_01C89A52.C606CF70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Bacha11, Badly, its been repor...

Need cell formula to subtotal gross by month for a quarter
Need Gross subtotaled by 1st month, 2nd month, & 3rd month of a quarter end In Cell I2: Quarter End 9/30/05 (other possible quarter ends 3/31/05, 6/30/05, & 12/31/05) Data exits in cells A3 thru D37. The following is an example of the quarter ended 9-30-05. __ _A__ ____B____ __C___ ___D___ _3 Ck # Ck Date Emp # Gross _4 4151 07/01/05 145 170.63 _5 4152 07/01/05 155 200.00 _6 4156 07/15/05 145 210.00 _7 4172 07/22/05 145 277.50 _8 4174 07/22/05 145 232.50 _9 4208 08/05/05 145 127.50 10 4217 08/12/05 145 279.38 11 4218 08/12/05 156 192.00 12 4235 09/15/05 145 288.75 13 4236...

mysterious budgeted item
My rent is supposed to be $850 per month. Hower, at some point I must have had it listed as $800 per month. Now, under budget, it's listed at $1650 (800 and 850). I can delete the $850 bill category that I actually have in my bills list, but if I attempt to edit the $800 bill category it just brings me back to the budget screen. Is there any way to get rid of this thing? I have no way to make an accurate budget over time, because it reports $800 more in expenses than I actually have. Thanks a lot. -Drew You should be able to zero the budget item and simply leave the schedu...

weighted average cost
My home page shows that one of my investments is 'the poorest performing investment in your portfolio. It's down 84.88% from a weighted average cost of $0.00' All of the other investments show a normal weighted average cost. I can't figure out why this one is different as I entered them all in the same fashion. Any thoughts? In microsoft.public.money, Thomas wrote: > >All of the other investments show a normal weighted >average cost. I can't figure out why this one is >different as I entered them all in the same fashion. From the details for that in...

How to archive send e-mails with e-mail router in send items exchange mailbox
Can archiving send emails with e-mail router in my exchange mailbox in "send items"? Thanks Valentin You can't promote sent items from Outlook to CRM. Is that what you are trying to do? -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Valentin" wrote: > Can archiving send emails with e-mail router in my exchange mailbox in > "send items"? > > Thanks > > Valentin > ...

Duplicate Item Numbers
We have a vendor that occasionally will supersede part numbers to a new number. Is there a way to merge the old(no longer used item number) into the new number and have the sales history transfer? I do not think GP has built in capacity to combine/modify items. There is a 3rd party software called Professional Service Tools (PSTL) that can do what you're asking. "Chad K" wrote: > We have a vendor that occasionally will supersede part numbers to a new > number. Is there a way to merge the old(no longer used item number) into the > new number and ha...

Security concern about deleted items
One of our clients has asked us this: Is there any way of recovering a deleted item from Exchange, not taking delete retension and backup into account? They want to assure that if a item (message) is deleted (for security reasons), it cannot be recovered by others. What are the best way to prevent that? Cheers, Lars Lars, You can delete a message permanently by highlighting the message or group of messages and hitting Shift + delete. This will delete it and not put it in the "Deleted Items" folder nor will it be recoverable based on the "Deleted Items Retention" howe...

HQ Inventory not accurate
I used importing for the HQ Inventory which I know now (1 year later) was not the right way to do it. All the items imported that way do not show the stores and their quantity in the Item Quantity section of the Item Properties. Is there a query that can add the store and its quantities to the Existing Item in HQ? Thank you in advance... Have you tried a "260: Download Items" worksheet? "ZCSF" wrote: > I used importing for the HQ Inventory which I know now (1 year later) was not > the right way to do it. All the items imported that way do not show the > st...

Item Quantities
Is there a way to put parameters around how many of a given item can be ordered? I don't want to use unit of measure for several reasons - mainly that we would end up with several schedules and we are currently using this for different price levels (if I take this away, it multiplies the price by the quantity and I can't control the price at the single unit level). As an example, I have items that can be ordered in single quantities with a minimum order quantity that varies by item, master carton quantities that need to be ordered in multiples of a certain number and pallet qu...

Missing Outlook Calendar Items
How do I find my 2009 calendar appointments that have disappeared? "peppermint" <peppermint@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:867B11D3-1728-4D28-9F14-AE292D418A86@microsoft.com... > How do I find my 2009 calendar appointments that have disappeared? Two places to look first: your Deleted Items folder and your Archive PST. If they're not in the former and you do not archive your calendar, answer this: do you sync with a handheld device? It would help if you state your Outlook version and account type as well. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outloo...

How to determine the number of items in custom Picklist
Hi, I created 2 custom fields in Products entity, and i wanted to know how to determine the number of entries in the pick list. Thanks! look at the stringmap table. One of the fields will contain the schema name for your piclist. you can then run a count for records where the field - your picklist schema name -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "anshe" <asilaran@[blocked]> wrote in message news:ddb6b8b0860bc14ff29f70f562231409@localhost.talkaboutsoftware.com... > Hi, > > I created 2 cus...