Accurate Gross Margin Tracking on Variable Cost Items

GP 8.0

We custom order products. We use a fixed SKU for the product because it is
custom ordered in different sizes and colors. Each order has a different
cost. How can we set it up so that we have accurate gross margin information
on the sale? Basically we would like to type in the cost on the sales order
so we know exactly what the GM is. We enter the cost in the purchase order
(which we generate via SOP to POP), but it appears that the cost isn't
reflected until the next Sales Order so our GM tracking on a per order basis
is completely off.

Thanks,
Jason
0
Jason4159 (666)

Allow the selling of discontinued items for the General Ledger wi
this is a test ...do not respond ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=15c16c1b-4794-4e6b-8ad8-438409ea2497&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains ...

Multiple parameters, item a and any other that share other value
I have a database of company phone numbers and their terminating points. I want to take a primary number and find what other numbers route to that same terminating point. EX. 800-800-8008 routes to office ABC skill 1111, I want to know what other numbers route to that same office ABC skill 1111. Never mind, it's a two step query, first I search by main #, then in second query I search for skill that is returned in first query "RA" wrote: > I have a database of company phone numbers and their terminating points. I > want to take a primary number and find what oth...

Deleting Items in Manager
I wanted to delete some items from the database. I went into the item maintenance and selected delete item. I had assume that referential integrity tells me if the item was used in transactions and thus not allow me to delete the item. After I did not get any error messages I assumed that everything was correct. Running a detailed sales report now shows me some sales without item numbers. Querying the transactionentry table shows me that those are the items I had deleted. Well, I thought I just would create those deleted items again but that did not "correct" the sales repor...

Win Live mail does not delete mails on server after emptying "deleted items" folder?
Hi. We're using wlm as a mail client at the office and we set all the clients to leave the messages on server. Only one client is set to remove from the server after deleting from deleted items. This method once used to work but now it does not. We have to empty our inbox via the host's web mail application. What should we do, what is wrong with wlm? Should we use another mail client? Thank you in advance for your suggestions. -- australis Support for Windows Live Essential applications and Live Services is available in the Windows Live Solution Center Windows Live ...

Formula to extract first listed item
Hi all If I have in Column A a list of countries such as: Australia USA/Australia USA/UK/Germany USA I want in Column B a list of just the first listed country. I have a solution which seems pretty clunky and am wondering how to improve on it. My formula looks like this: =IF(A1="", "", IF(ISERROR(FIND("/", A1)), A1, LEFT(A1, FIND("/", A1)-1))) Any suggestions are appreciated. TIA. Paul Martin Melbourne, Australia Hi Paul Select your range of data>Control + H to bring up Find and Replace Find /* Replace leave blan...

Margins in plain text messages Outlook 2000
Is it possible to include small margins when composing or reading e-mails in plain text? This happens by default in OE and improves readability. Many thanks. ...

Pointers Variables Memory Location
If i declare: CGuitar* Fender = new CGuitar(...params...); i declare a new dinamic object in the HEAP memory area, pointed by Fender variable, therefore there is the separation between pointer variable and pointed object. My question is: object is allocated in HEAP, but where is allocated his pointer variabile?Maybe in Stack memory area like a normal variabile containing an address instead other values?Or also Fender is allocated in HEAP as the object area it references? For example in CLR the Garbage Collector clean up the Heap automatically when every references to that object are o...

Making Zero Quantity Items Inactive
Hi all ~ I've loaded 45,000 supplier records in RMS, but only have about 4,000 that are active. Will the following work for updating all items to inactive that don't have a quantity on hand? update item set inactive = 1 where quantity <> 0 What is the implications of making something inactive? If I make something inactive, but it's really active with zero quantity, what happens when the item is scanned or we need to ring up that item? You help would be appreciated. Jerry, Its more like; UPDATE item SET inactive = '1' WHERE quantity = 0 AND quantitycommitted =...

Pub Folder, who deleted the items in it?
Is there any way to find out who deleted items in a public folder? One of our folders keeps having all the items in it deleted but all the end users claim that they are not doing it. Thanks. Tyler I wish I could help but I am experiencing the same problem in two Exxcahnge 2000 servers. Over the last four months I have lost data in four of my public folder calendars. Everyone says they didn't touch it. If you fined something out could you please post it. "Tyler" wrote: > Is there any way to find out who deleted items in a > public folder? > > One of our f...

HELP!: Can I force RED Category Items, to ALWAYS stay at top of Inbox
In an effort to keep organized, I would like to be able to make anything I mark in the "RED" category, always default to the top. Preferrably I would like to be able to do this, regardless of whatever the search results are, or if I simply click on a tab to sort something, it would keep my red categories at the top, so that they are always visible, as a reminder to complete that category item or task. I've looked everywhere, and can't seem to find a specific answer to this, other then some generic category sorting that seems to sku my inbox from its normal "...

why doesn't it print the last line if margins are changed in docu.
I have changed the margins around edges of document, however when it prints it is partially cutting of last line of text. Can someone help? winging it.... wrote: > I have changed the margins around edges of document, however when it > prints it is partially cutting of last line of text. Can someone > help? ========================== Maybe the unprinted text is in the unprintable area of your printer. Have a look at the following article: "How to find the maximum print area of your printer" http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/horidiag -- John Inzer MS-MVP ...

Add Single Data Item to a Chart
I am an Excel novice and this is my first time posting to this forum. Please be kind and explicit. I have a chart that, among other things, has a moving (running) average over a range of values specified by the user. For example, the user can specify how many values to calculate the average for e.g. the last 3, the last 5, or the last 10 values. It can be any number the user chooses. I would like to display the number of values selected by the user somewhere on the chart, in the title, near the title, in the header or footer, etc. Thanks! Kevin --- Message posted from http://www.Excel...

average cost basis for Mutual funds
I do not understand what is meant by double category or single category under average cost basis for a mutual fund. I am using Money 2006 Premium. In microsoft.public.money, Natasha wrote: >I do not understand what is meant by double category or single category under >average cost basis for a mutual fund. I am using Money 2006 Premium. It is a US tax thing. In dual category short and long term shares are averaged separately for purchase price when you sell. See Single-category method and Double-category method on http://www.irs.gov/publications/p564/ar02.html#d0e1331 This aver...

Set sale pricing; ; 25.00% marked up from cost
Using this scheme, I wanted it to be reported to MS that there is an issue here, the marked up from cost is not the correct 25%...you can set the % to whatever, it just doesn't work! -- Thank You Vince :) ...

Cannot add standard item to a matrix
In version 1.0, we used to be able to create standard items then create a matrix and add the standard items to the matrix. We could then populate the matrix dimensions for each child manually within the parent matrix item by hitting F2. In 2.0, it seems that we cannot add in the matrix dimensions to the child items in the matrix using F2. This leaves us in a mess because we need to be able to add standard items to matrices that were not in existence when the standard item was created. Any suggestions much appreciated, please. Thanks. -- Micky S, London Hi Micky We have an add i...

stock count entry variances
Is there a way (via setup?) to prevent cost adjustments from happening when there is a variance on stock count entry? Also, 2nd question, when creating stock count schedules, is there a way to determine that all sales inventory items did show up on a schedule? Thanks in advance for any help! In posting setup you can set the process to NOT post through. Then it will create unposted batches that you need to post or delete. I assume you have some reason not to post a particular batch or two as in day to day operations, these should be posted to GL or your GL will go out of balance wit...

matching codes between 2 item codes
Hi Is there someone who can tell me how I can match up (or link) codes from one spreadsheet to another? Cheers -- JChan ------------------------------------------------------------------------ JChan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23273 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=476450 Hi J, Perhaps the VLookup function is what you are looking for. See Excel help for details. --- Regards, Norman "JChan" <JChan.1wxdqa_1129349100.7983@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:JChan.1wxdqa_11...

trigger to update last sold date in HQ item table
hi , i need to update automaticaly the last sold date in HQ from last sold date in store (since it is not updated from stores). can we use item dynamic table to update item table ? if so can any one give a trigger to do that. thanks I have no idea about HQ However, in my opinion creating trigger can slow down database executions. Be careful with that May be it would be better if you create a stored procedure to contain the update logic and then schedule the stored procedure to run hourly or daily ? rgds, Joie "Sad" <Sad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

False info: Items to Review
When I look over the entries in one account, everything has been reviewed (i.e., no bolded text). However, the count in the 'Items to Review' is not zero. What is with that? Could be one of two things a. The unaccepted entry is not being displayed due to a filter on the register (eg, you're looking at unreconciled transactions only), or b. Bit of corruption. Go to account list and right click on the statement to delete it, or, if that doesn't help, repair the file as per http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;182608 -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Mone...

Stoping tracking cookies
Hi all I keep getting tracking cookies detected by my antivirus and malware software, how can I stop my pc from downloading these stupid things? Thanks GK By asking in the appropriate browser newsgroup? "Gabriel Knight" <fake@nothing.com> wrote in message news:8NpUn.4384$Ls1.3074@news-server.bigpond.net.au... : Hi all : : I keep getting tracking cookies detected by my antivirus and malware : software, how can I stop my pc from downloading these stupid things? : : Thanks : GK : : Gabriel Knight wrote: > Hi all > > I keep getting t...

Serialized Item Adding
When trying to create new SERIALIZED items to the Item Database RMS will not allow any selection from the Item Type drop down menu -- why is this? I can create the Serialized Items using the Wizard but if I am adding one Item within the Item Database and create it as a Standard Item and enter all description etc why can I then not select the Item Type as Serialized from the drop down menu? Am I doing something wrong? Sid Completely ignore this Post (as if you hadn't already!!!) I have just found out that one of my colleagues had been playing about with it and had set up Security L...

make items inactive
I just finished updating the inventory and also putting the word UPDATED in sub-description3. I have some items left that are not updated and would like to make them inactive. I was thinking of running sql statement to make the item inactive that is not updated in sub-description3 and also set the qty-on hand to zero. Need help with the sql statement. Hello Faiz...if you have items that have a quantity greater than zero, it means they were received on a PO or on a transfer in - I would not recommend you use a sql statement to set the qty to zero as you will not have any visibility or a...

Adding a item through qsRules
Hi, When i add an item through qsRules like the following: Call session.Transaction.Entries.Add(0, "15110", 2, 0, False, 0) or qsRules.Transaction.Entries.Add(0, itemLookupCode, QTYinput, 0, false, 0); The cursor on the transaction screen stays in the same position. Meaning when i add another item,it overwrites the one already there. Is there a way to move the cusror down. I did try in visual basic 'SendKeys KeyDown' thanks Dave I found this on the net which sorted it out with an API call. 'http://www.vbaccelerator.com/home/VB/Tips/SendKeys_using_the_API/article....

Tracking Token Issue
Hi, I am getting an error message when trying to send to external receipients. It is saying "failed to initialize tracking token", but if i send it to a user within the system it generates a token. Our email system is working fine. Any ideas would be great.. This is usually an issue with the SMTP configuration on the CRM server. You most likely selected the default that uses the SMTP service on the CRM server instead of hte SMTP on your Exchange server. You can change this by running a Repair installation on the server. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Patrickh&...

Hide cost price in inventory or using user privillige
I am looking to hide the cost in inventory so another users can't see it can we in 2004 In microsoft.public.money, SAM wrote: >I am looking to hide the cost in inventory so another >users can't see it can we in 2004 Impatient? What about 2005 , Is this feature there? >-----Original Message----- >In microsoft.public.money, SAM wrote: > >>I am looking to hide the cost in inventory so another >>users can't see it can we in 2004 > >Impatient? >. > ...