Accounting Alternatives

Hi all

Not sure whether this is the best group to ask the question as I expect
members to be defensive of the subject but...

Our company only has 3 regular users of the GP software.
The accountant (one of the above) reckons that GP is the only solution that
covers multi-company and multi currency accounts.

Is this true, or are there more "small-to-medium-size-business" solutions
that can cope with this?

Seems like GP is the original sledge hammer cracking a microscopic nut here!

TIA

Phil

0
phil9909 (36)

Account balance does not match account list
I've seen a few people with this problem that I have, but the fix that worked for others does not seem to work for me. I am running Windows XP with Money 2004 Small Business. Here is the procedure I have followed: 1. Make a copy of your Money data file. 2. Open that copy. 3. Delete ALL transactions in the problem account. 4. Export that account as a QIF file 5. Examine the QIF file in Notepad. 6. If it is not empty and shows one or more transactions, then those are likely the culprits. The only transaction in the exported QIF file is a 0 dollar opening balance. Since the problem tr...

RSS Tab is missing from account settings
Hi All, I am following the directions to add a RSS Feed to outlook. Based on these instructions I was expecting to find a RSS Tab under account settings but it seems it is not there. Any ideas? Version of outlook? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipst...

re-enabled account will not let me access system EX2000
I have a mailuser that was disabled about a year ago but never deleted. When you look in system manager he has about 500mb of mail that is required to be looked at, however re-enabling the account still tells me I do not have permission to logon. Exploring to the users account on the M: drive says that the file does not exist. Sending an email to the enabled user comes back as " The message reached the recipient's e-mail system, but delivery was refused " Any ideas? Thankyou Grant your account (or whoever needs access) rights to the mailbox and then open it in Outlook. ...

Deactivate Account while checking mail
In older versions of OL, I remember there used to be a checkbox for including (or not including) a particular mail account when checking for new mail with Send/Receive All. How does one do that in OL2003? I have several mail accounts, a couple of which I would like to temporarily deactivate when getting new mail. How do I do that? On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 23:11:25 -0700, "Sitara Lal" <lalsitara@filter.indiatimes.com> wrote: >In older versions of OL, I remember there used to be a checkbox for >including (or not including) a particular mail account when checking for new >...

choosing send account with exchange
I have just switched from Internet only email to Microsoft exchange. I have two email accounts, and I like to be able to choose from which account I send each new message. I seem to have lost that functionality as I can only send from one of the accounts. Can it be restored while Outlook is set up for Exchange? Thank you John You will need to use separate profiles as having Internet and Exchange in the same profile leads to eventual corruption. The basic answer is that you will need to move the preferred transport to the top of the list in Tools->Services to send from that account...

Error adding an account
I have CRM 3.0 and am unable to add an account. Get an error message stating duplicates exist. I know 3.0 doesn't have duplicate checking so I am clueless as to why this is occurring. Cases, activities and account updates all occur with no problems. ...

Not getting any mail in hotmail account
So yesterday all was well with my @hotmail.com account and now this morning I'm receiving no incoming messages. Some have gone out but no replies have come back and I know people replied. Is something wrong with the system? Very frustratiing. I am having the same problem....could someone please advise... "sm" wrote: > So yesterday all was well with my @hotmail.com account and now this morning > I'm receiving no incoming messages. Some have gone out but no replies have > come back and I know people replied. Is something wrong with the system? ...

Order of Accounts in Account List
I was wondering if there is a work around for the order of accounts in the account list in Money Plus Premium. Specifically I'd like to group some of my credit accounts (i.e. - travel cards, cash back, business cards). Since this doesn't seem to be a standard option (unless I am over looking something) I was wondering about putting a letter before each of the account names to group them. i.e. - "B credit card name" groups all the Business cards, "R credit card name" all the reward cards, etc. Good approach? Does this have some hidden problem I am missi...

accounts rec. list
in msm2005 small business delux, on the accounts receivable/invoice list, is there a way to display the invoice description? even if it just a partial display? our client now does not reference their payments to our invoice #, they use their purchase order number which we put in the description field on the invoice. ...

Outlook 2003 - 2 accounts
This is another frustration I have not been able to resolve: 2 MSN http accounts set up in Outlook 2003. If I send an email from either account, the email is labled as FROM my account (default). Is there a way to have email from each account be "From" each account? ...

Investment Accounts #4
I cannot figure out how the cash register is supposed to work in an investment account. In quicken, I was able to transfer money directly from my checking account to the appropriate investment account. In Money, in order to transfer funds from my checking account to an investment, it has to go into the "cash" register of the investment account. But, I cannot figure out how to get it from the "cash" account into the register itself. In microsoft.public.money, Tom wrote: >I cannot figure out how the cash register is supposed to >work in an investment accoun...

Require Certificate cause account to be locked out.
I'm trying to enable OWA on exchange server 2003 running on Windows server 2003. This has to be a single server setup for budgetary reasons. The way I'd like it to work is that the remote user presents a certificate and then logs in. If the login doesn't match the certificate the user is mapped to, or if no certificate is presented the login should be denied. My problem is that if I choose require certificate the user account is automatically locked out. If I choose accept certificate the user can log in with different credentials than the certificate was created and mappe...

Experience with Large Numbers of Contacts and Accounts?
Anyone have experience with MS CRM and large numbers of contacts and accounts. I'm looking for any potential issues/problems that I might need to address. The approximate number of contacts is 450,000 and accounts is 45,000. One issue to check out is that the reporting system ie crystal does not like large datasets although this may have been fixed "Dennis Spading" <dennis.spading@born.com> wrote in message news:OfT7HsQYDHA.4020@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Anyone have experience with MS CRM and large numbers of contacts and > accounts. I'm looking for any po...

Budget Is Losing an Account
I have been using Money almost since it first came out, but I have run across an issue I haven't heard about. Maybe some of you have. When I lay out my budget, Money keeps putting one of my credit card accounts in a category of "Transfers out of budget accounts." What it puts into this category is the payments I project in the bills and deposits view for charges on that card. I can get rid of it by changing the projected entry I have for that card to $0. I don't guess that would be the end of the world, but I'm not getting that behavior in the other credit card acco...

Outlook 2000 asking for login after AD account expired
I have a user who had their AD account expire over the weekend. We got her user ID re-enabled and removed the expiration but now when she loads outlook, she is being prompted for her UID, Domain and PW. Any ideas? Also, she can get into her mail using webmail. ...

Accountants online, Online accountants, Accountancy services
Title: Accountants online, Online accountants, Accountancy services Accountants online is an entirely new concept which harnesses the power of outsourcing and international website development. we can offer a broad range of web, print, bookkeeping, news report and accountancy services, as well as options to regularly update your customers via emails, Search Engine Optimization and statistics on your site to get feedback on your marketing. We offer a suite of online accountancy services designed for you to outsource labour intensive or routine services at very competitive rates while you stay i...

Turn off Project Accounting
I'd like to disable project accounting. Besides using customization status, which only temporarily disables the product, and removing it from the dynamics.set file is there a way to turn this product off? Thanks, Craig You could turn off security to the alternate forms and reports it provides. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Craig" wrote: > I'd like to disable project accounting. Besides using customization status, > which only temporarily disables the product, and removing it from the > dynamics.set file is there a way to turn this product off? > > Thanks,...

Setting up account for outlook
I am trying to set up my outlook on my computer using Windows Mail. I get to the part where it asks me about my provider/server information and I am lost. I do not know what kind of server my incoming or outgoing mail is nor do I know how to find it. I get this error: The host 'HTML' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Subject 'test', Account: 'SMTP', Server: 'HTML', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D -- Anthony Outlook or Outlook Express...

Money 2006 Downloading additional Accounts I Didnt Select
I have 4 accounts at a Bank of america. 2 are personal and 2 are business. When I set up Money online service, I told it to not include the 2 business accounts. However, I now see in the Monthly reporting that there are a bunch of transactions that werent assigned categories. When I look at them, they are from the 2 business accounts I told it not to download. What it did was put the data into accounts and closed the accounts, but the data still shows up on reports. When I try to delte the 2 accounts, it says it will also delete all of the other Bank Of america accounts. Why is it d...

Some emails do not pop from my gmail account
I am using Total Access Emailer to send email messages. It uses a local smtp server on my computer. I am sending test messages to my gmail accounts, some of the mails are then being pop'd to my outlook 2007, but others are not. For example, I sent 3 examples of one mail & report - all 3 arrived in my gmail webmail account, and all 3 pop'd to outlook I then sent 3 examples of another report - all 3 arrived in my gmail webmail account, only 1 pop'd to outlook I then sent 3 examples of the third report - all 3 arrived in my gmail webmail account, non pop'd to o...

Can't Send Mail from an Account That Is Not the Default Account
I'm using Outlook 2000 over a LAN which is set up to use an internal email system within the company. What i'm trying to do is download email from a POP3 server using the same profile in Outlook. To do this I added an internet account on the Tools > Services menu, which also contains the "Microsoft Mail" internal email account settings. This set-up works fine, as it downloads email from the POP3 server without issue. The problem is that I can only send email on the internal email system as I cannot choose which account to send the email from. I remember that ...

setting up an email account #2
I just added outlook to my computer for the first time and I have gone through the tutorial to set up my email. However, I continue to get the error message "The operation failed. An object could not be found" and I am unable to send or receive any messages. I have double checked my email and password. I am at a loss. Please help! Thanks! Outlook version? What happened when you used Test Account Settings? -- -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] ALWAYS post your Outlook version! Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. How to ask a question: http://support.mi...

Is National Accounts compatable with Project Accounting?
Hi, We are using Project Accounting and are going to use National Accounts (I hope). I found KB#946279 that lists National Accounts as incompatable with Project Accounting. In what way is it incompatable? The KB article states I have to place a support request to find out?? Thanks ...

How do i give each email account i set up its own inbox etc?
i can create different accounts but when i send/recieve all the mail from different accouts goes to the same inbox...not good... About the best you can do is create an inbox rule that moves messages based on the account it was received with. "joejnknsn" <joejnknsn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E487FD01-2110-4BEC-930B-10590F05E885@microsoft.com... >i can create different accounts but when i send/recieve all the mail from > different accouts goes to the same inbox...not good... ...

Account Assignment
I have noticed a lot of questions regarding the assignment of activities, contacts etc. when an account gets assigned from one user to another. I have a similar sort of problem. Our business is such that we have regional managers and sales reps. The regional managers look after the head offices (parent accounts) and the sales reps look after the local offices (sub accounts). If one of our regional managers leaves and we have to re-assign the head office account to another regional manager, CRM assigns all of the sub accounts to the new regional manager also. We then have to work out ...