Account Number Segment Desc

Does anyone know which table/s hold the Account Number segment Desc?
0
BAB (57)

Bab,

Table GL40200 is the Segment Description Master.

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"Bab" <Bab@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know which table/s hold the Account Number segment Desc?

0
victoria (3340)
7/17/2007 5:02:03 PM
I have Demo GP 9.0 and all the description on this table are blank.
why is that? Is that because its a demo table?

"Victoria [MVP]" wrote:

> Bab,
>
> Table GL40200 is the Segment Description Master.
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> Dynamics GP MVP
> Flexible Solutions, Inc.
>

> "Bab" <Bab@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Does anyone know which table/s hold the Account Number segment Desc?

0
BAB (57)
7/23/2007 7:16:04 PM
Bab,

My demo company only has a few of the descriptions filled in, so yes, it may
be that's why you're not seeing anything in there.  Segment Descriptions are
not required in GP.

--

>I have Demo GP 9.0 and all the description on this table are blank.
> why is that? Is that because its a demo table?
>
> "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Bab,
>>
>> Table GL40200 is the Segment Description Master.
>>
>> --
>> Victoria Yudin
>> Dynamics GP MVP
>> Flexible Solutions, Inc.
>>

>> "Bab" <Bab@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Does anyone know which table/s hold the Account Number segment Desc?

0
victoria (3340)
7/24/2007 12:43:20 PM
Hello Victoria,
If segment description is not required, how account description(ACTDESCR) in
GL00100 table is determine?

"Victoria [MVP]" wrote:

> Bab,
>
> My demo company only has a few of the descriptions filled in, so yes, it may
> be that's why you're not seeing anything in there.  Segment Descriptions are
> not required in GP.
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> Dynamics GP MVP
> Flexible Solutions, Inc.
>

> "Bab" <Bab@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have Demo GP 9.0 and all the description on this table are blank.
> > why is that? Is that because its a demo table?
> >
> > "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Bab,
> >>
> >> Table GL40200 is the Segment Description Master.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Victoria Yudin
> >> Dynamics GP MVP
> >> Flexible Solutions, Inc.
> >>

> >> "Bab" <Bab@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
BAB (57)
7/30/2007 2:54:01 PM
The Account Description (ACTDESCR) in the chart is entered when the
account is created. Often this is by hand if someone is simpling
adding an account or via an integration if a large number of accounts
are being added. If segment descriptions are setup, they can be used
to auto populate the account description when keying in an account.
Usually, the user can still override the automatic description as
well.

Auto population is a newer feature and you'll find lots of companies
who have upgraded are not taking advantage of it because they never
had it.

Mark (dynamicaccounting.net)

On Jul 30, 10:54 am, Bab <B...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hello Victoria,
> If segment description is not required, how account description(ACTDESCR) in
> GL00100 table is determine?"Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
> > Bab,
>
> > My demo company only has a few of the descriptions filled in, so yes, it may
> > be that's why you're not seeing anything in there.  Segment Descriptions are
> > not required in GP.
>
> > --
> > Victoria Yudin
> > Dynamics GP MVP
> > Flexible Solutions, Inc.
>
> > "Bab" <B...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I have Demo GP 9.0 and all the description on this table are blank.
> > > why is that? Is that because its a demo table?

0
mpolino (496)

Can't create an account to account relationship in the account ent
Is this because the default (Parent Account) relationship already exists? Can you not have duplicate relationships? Thanks in advance for the clarification. > Is this because the default (Parent Account) relationship already exists? Yes. > Can you not have duplicate relationships? Yes, you cannot have duplicate relationships in this manner. To do this you need to use the Relationships/Relationship Roles functionality, where you can pretty much do any kind of relationship between clients (ie accounts and contacts.) HTH, R. "GoodByeGoldmine" wrote: > Is this beca...

Showing Last number only
I have 5 columns of data: A holds a date B holds a dollar value C holds another dollar value. D holds is the sum of B and C E holds a running total of D so a sheet may look like this. B C D E F 04/01 1.00 .50 1.50 1.50 04/02 2.00 1.00 3.50 5.00 04/03 5.00 04/04 1.00 1.00 2.00 7.00 and so on Total 4.00 2.50 7.00 7.00 the last row shows a total of each column. except E What I am looking to do is : in E on the total line just show the last number. I am able to do this now with this fo...

A number formatted as text is not recognized in a vlookup.
In a multi-tabbed workbook, we have product numbers (some with leading zeros - some with alpha-numeric values) on one tab along with other product information. On another tab, using a vLookup function that worked in Office 2000, the product numbers being typed in are not matching the product numbers on the other tab. How can we resolve this? My product numbers must be formatted as text to avoid dropping leading zeros. ...

Muliple Exchange OMA User Accounts from One SmartPhone
I wish to be able to access multiple user accounts (all on the same Exchange 2003 server) from a single smartphone running Windows Mobile 5.0. After setting up OMA on Exchange and the smartphone and visiting https://FQDN/oma all works well after entering the username and password for one account, but then the smartphone remembers the login (presumably via a cookie) for future visits to the same URL. There seems to be no easy way to delete the cookie on the smartphone, so all subsequent accesses to OMA go straight through to the same user account. One way I have considered tackling this is to ...

Extreme Delays Deleting Change Orders from Project Accounting
We use Project Accounting for Dynamix GP and we are attempting to start using the Change Order features to track changes made to project budget and fees. Unfortunately, during testing, we are experiencing a five to ten minute delay whenever we try to delete an incorrectly entered change order. This occurs even if we simply start to create a change order, never use it for anything and immediately attempt to delete it. Has anyone experienced this, or can anyone propose any clues on what I should look at to find what is causing this large pause? -- Jim Rowley Business Analyst II ...

Turning off Page Number on Scroll
When using the scroll bar to move through a multi-page word document a small yellow box appears with the current page number displayed in it. Is there any way to turn that feature off? Hi In Word's preferences on the VIEW tab you can turn off horizontal and vertical scroll bars. Un-checking the preferences would get rid of the page numbers, but has the side effect of also eliminating the scroll bars. -Jim Gordon Mac MVP All responses should be made to this newsgroup within the same thread. Thanks. About Microsoft MVPs: http://www.mvps.org/ Search for help with the free Google sear...

Custom Number Format #11
I want a format that will show "35.4" as "35.4 lb/ft" and "35" as "35 lb/ft". The trick being the decimal is not shown for the second number. I currently use two different versions depending on the number, but I would like this to be automaticly done in the format. Assuming 35.4 is in A1, in another cell, enter =A1&" lb/ft". Drag that down the column to capture the 35 and change it to 35 lb/ft. Carole O "Sloth" wrote: > I want a format that will show "35.4" as "35.4 lb/ft" and "35" as &qu...

exchange accounts will not delete from site
I have recently recovered one of my exchange 5.5 servers that crashed. Mailboxes have been restored and replication appears to complete only down to the restored server but not up to the main site mail server that holds the global address list. Due to lack of information in backups, it was necessary for me to manually recreate all mailboxes and then restore mailboxes. However, the new accounts have created with a "2" appended to each mailbox name. Example john@us.com is automatically created as john2@us.com. How do I purge the old accounts from the global list so that I can crea...

Re Label Accounts Field
Anybody know how to change the Accounts field label to something else e.g. Organization, or Business? You can rename the 'account' entity to be 'Business'. Organization is a reserved word in CRM (there is already an orgainzation object) so it's off-limits. Dave "Owais" <Owais @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25767F85-513C-40F7-A82F-F0E5A627D9FF@microsoft.com... > Anybody know how to change the Accounts field label to something else e.g. > Organization, or Business? ...

want to transfer out funds from a fund within an account to a fund within the same account.
I want to do this to preserve my cost basis. I have a 401k that lets say has a fund that I bought for 100 bucks and it gained 10 dollars. when I issue a buy/sell to transfer it to another fund (within the same 401k account) the new cost basis is 110 dollars instead of the 100 that I actually spent. I know that using transfer in/out will preserve this cost basis, but it doesnt seem to work within an account per other threads of this nature. How can I do something similar within the same account? I am using 2005 premium. Thanks Vic. I don't think your use of Cost Basis reflects tax la...

Forwarding email to an external account
If I want to foreward email coming into my exchange account to a personal account such as hotmail for example, how can this be done? In Active Directory Users and Computer, you look at the User's Properties, you look under the "Exchange General" Tab, you look at the "delivery option", you see "forwarding address", you say "ha, ha!" and do some jiggy dance :) I only do this for ex-employees for 30 days at the request of HR. -- Sincerely, D�j� Ak�m�l�f�, MCSE MCSA MCP+I www.akomolafe.com www.iyaburo.com Do you now realize that Today is the Tomorro...

Format the Cell into a telephone number but using country code
Hello i wonder if anyone knows how to do this i do hope so How do i change a Telephone number in a cell to have the +44 country code in first IE 01753 525681 change this with a format to +1753 525681 so basiclly just dropping the first 0. if i replace 0 with +44 then all the 0 will be replaced on the whole list of numbers if i start the cell +44 it starts a formula does anyone know how to do this Please help !! Precede the entry with an apostrophe when you enter it and the plus sign will not try to convert to a formula. For the values already enterd I assume they are seen as ...

Problem configuring Outlook 2007 w/ job email account
I recently installed Outlook 2007 to my laptop (which uses Vista). Upon trying to "setup" Outlook a small box appeared in the upper left corner of the screen which stated "configuring outlook accounts." A box appeared asking for "Microsoft Exchange Server" and "mailbox." I was not sure as to what to enter so I entered "dss.sc.gov" (which is everything listed after the "@" in my job email address) for the server and my name for mailbox. I then received the following error message: "The connection to Microsoft Exchange is ...

Loan account
Hi, Something else that's giving me trouble. I've set up a loan account - all seems to be fine. It's a three year loan, and the first two payments had already been made when I set the thing up in Money. Money coped with this fine, and within the register of the loan account it now accurately shows the first two payments and the principal-element of each payment, together with the diminishing value of the outstanding loan. However, it doesn't seem to be linked in any way to the account from which the payments are actually being made. Conceptually it seems to me that the loan ...

Is there a function that counts distinct number od records in a ra
I am looking for a way to tell how many distinct values are in a range. For example, say I have values in Range A5:A2000 and I want to know of those 1995 cells how many distinct values are in the range. See: Counting Distinct Entries In A Range in: http://www.cpearson.com/EXCEL/Duplicates.aspx -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201001 "Ayo" wrote: > > I am looking for a way to tell how many distinct values are in a range. For > example, say I have values in Range A5:A2000 and I want to know of those 1995 > cells how many distinct values are in...

Can't set up HTTP account!!
I'm setting up Outlook on a friends computer. On their old computer they were able to view their Charter Communications email account through Outlook. I am trying to set it up so they can do it in XP, but it won't let me see their messages it just comes up blank. What am I doing wrong??!! P.S.- They don't have an account through Outlook/Microsoft Thanks, Locke ...

dividing a number into hours and minutes
My users are entering numbers into column B. Is it possible to take the total of column B (say Row X) and divide it into hours and minutes putting the hours in Row X Column D and minuntes in Row X Column E (two seperate cells)? They are entering just numbers in multiples of 5 and usually not more than 30 minutes. Do I need to convert Column B to some form of 'time' to get close to the result I'm looking for? Is this even doable? Try this... In D1, enter =INT(B1/60) In E1, enter =MOD(B1,60) In this example, Row X is row 1. Hope this helps, Hutch &...

Convert Lead > Account-Contact-Opportunity Error
Hi, I have several leads opened. If I create a new one it will work "but" especially with this ONE lead I don't get it, I convert it either to Account - Contacts or Opportunity and gives me the following error. I repeat this is only for this one. I tried to close reopen change settings etc... Still not working. Microsoft CRM Platform Error Report: Error Description: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80042F09. Error Details: Details on this error have not been provided by the platform. Error Number: 0x80042F09 Source File: Not available Line Number: Not available Date: 10-2...

Multiple Email Accounts
I have three email accounts. I can only send message from one - some sort of automatic default. How can I select (with each email), what account I want to use to send a message? What version of Outlook are you using, and if 98 or 2000, what mail support mode? If you're not sure, look at the second line of Help | About Microsoft Outlook -- it should say "Internet Mail Only" or "Corporate/Workgroup". (Outlook 97, 2002, and 2003 don't have separate modes.) -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please ...

Turn off Autogenerate account description
I found out there isn't a way to turn off the autogenerate account description through Customer Source. I would like to add this as a suggestion for future release where I can click a button and it'll not autogenerate the account description for me. It's a nice feature, but it doesn't work for my intent. I understand that the autogenerate account description comes from the account segment list, however, my account segment list doesn't do the account description any justice b/c I have 5 segments, and the names can be long, so GP will truncate it, but not where I wan...

Accountants online, Online accountants, Accountancy services
Title: Accountants online, Online accountants, Accountancy services Accountants online is an entirely new concept which harnesses the power of outsourcing and international website development. we can offer a broad range of web, print, bookkeeping, news report and accountancy services, as well as options to regularly update your customers via emails, Search Engine Optimization and statistics on your site to get feedback on your marketing. We offer a suite of online accountancy services designed for you to outsource labour intensive or routine services at very competitive rates while you stay i...

Money 2005
I upgraded my money 2004 file to money 2005. I then turned off MSN Bill Pay and set up my accounts to be accessed on the web. After synchronization, my MSN Bill Pay account (MSN-Checking) showed up in my account list. I want to link this account to my checking account, but when I select "Merge Duplicate Accounts", it states there are no accounts to merge. The help file tells you to follow these exact steps. Does anybody know a work-around to get this working? Thanks in advance, Brian Don't follow the directions given. Instead, try the following: Open your 2004 f...

New Account for CD
I bought a CD and don't know how to set it up in Money (using Money Plus H&B). When I tried setting it up as a bank savings account there was a note that said I should set it up as an investment account. When I set up the investment account it does not ask me any questions about the CD or even if it is a CD. What am I missing. It seems like it should be a savings account. Please help me? A Savings Account can be used. If you only ever intend to have one CD at a time, that's probably easier. But if you want to manage multiple individual CDs over time, then the Investmen...

Tracking Investments By Account
How do I track an investment by Account only? I hold the same investment in several accounts. I want to see the performance of that investment in that account only and not the accumulated performance accross all accounts! In microsoft.public.money, Bill wrote: >How do I track an investment by Account only? I hold the >same investment in several accounts. I want to see the >performance of that investment in that account only and >not the accumulated performance accross all accounts! Look at Investing->Portfolio and group by Account Name. Select the view you prefer, and c...

Printing Bank Account
I can't print just one back account...at a time...when I select print it prints out all transactions from all bank accounts. In microsoft.public.money, dd wrote: >I can't print just one back account...at a time...when I >select print it prints out all transactions from all bank >accounts. What screen are you looking at when you do File->Print? ...