Account Lockout Dynamics GP 10 SP3

Hello,

      I have a strange thing happening.  In user setup I selected the
advanced sql server options enforce password policy and enforce password
expiration.  So now GP should be using Active Directory settings.  But the
problem is that gp is not using the account lockout threshold.  No matter
what I set this too.  GP after three attempts when logging in with the
incorrect password the following message is displayed "The maximum number of
password attempts have been entered.  Microsoft Dynamics GP will be closed."
And the account is never locked out.
--
Thanks,

Brian

GP still requires SQL authentication even with the Enforce Password Policy
selected. The 3 login attempts is the GP default, this is not a SQL or
Windows Server restriction.  After 3 login attempts it just exits but you can
just fire it up again and give it another 3 trys. You can keep doing this all
day.  There is no 'lockout'. You can change the number of login attempts
allowed (probably there is another problem so this won't help) via a dex.ini
switch.

SQLNumLoginTries = number

Where 'number' is the number of login attempts you want to change it to. As
you have experienced, the default is three.  If you put -1 as the number, you
are allowed an unlimited number of attempts.

Kind regards,

Leslie

"Brian" wrote:

> Hello,
>
>       I have a strange thing happening.  In user setup I selected the
> advanced sql server options enforce password policy and enforce password
> expiration.  So now GP should be using Active Directory settings.  But the
> problem is that gp is not using the account lockout threshold.  No matter
> what I set this too.  GP after three attempts when logging in with the
> incorrect password the following message is displayed "The maximum number of
> password attempts have been entered.  Microsoft Dynamics GP will be closed."
> And the account is never locked out.
> --
> Thanks,
>
> Brian

Can't create an account to account relationship in the account ent
Is this because the default (Parent Account) relationship already exists? Can you not have duplicate relationships? Thanks in advance for the clarification. > Is this because the default (Parent Account) relationship already exists? Yes. > Can you not have duplicate relationships? Yes, you cannot have duplicate relationships in this manner. To do this you need to use the Relationships/Relationship Roles functionality, where you can pretty much do any kind of relationship between clients (ie accounts and contacts.) HTH, R. "GoodByeGoldmine" wrote: > Is this beca...

MICROSOFT OUTLOOK #10
HOW CAN I RECEIVE MY EMAIL WITHOUT HAVING TO CLICK ON SEND/RECEIVE BUTTON. PLEASE ADVISE THANKS Press F5 or schedule an automatic send and receive in your options. Ray at work p.s. CAPS are considered SHOUTING and will get you scolded on the Internet. "MAUDE DELFIN" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:018401c3a2f9$d2998a20$a301280a@phx.gbl... > HOW CAN I RECEIVE MY EMAIL WITHOUT HAVING TO CLICK ON > SEND/RECEIVE BUTTON. > > PLEASE ADVISE > > THANKS VERY IMPOLITE TO USE CAPS. CONSIDERED SHOUTING. "MAUDE DELFIN" <...

Muliple Exchange OMA User Accounts from One SmartPhone
I wish to be able to access multiple user accounts (all on the same Exchange 2003 server) from a single smartphone running Windows Mobile 5.0. After setting up OMA on Exchange and the smartphone and visiting https://FQDN/oma all works well after entering the username and password for one account, but then the smartphone remembers the login (presumably via a cookie) for future visits to the same URL. There seems to be no easy way to delete the cookie on the smartphone, so all subsequent accesses to OMA go straight through to the same user account. One way I have considered tackling this is to ...

Extreme Delays Deleting Change Orders from Project Accounting
We use Project Accounting for Dynamix GP and we are attempting to start using the Change Order features to track changes made to project budget and fees. Unfortunately, during testing, we are experiencing a five to ten minute delay whenever we try to delete an incorrectly entered change order. This occurs even if we simply start to create a change order, never use it for anything and immediately attempt to delete it. Has anyone experienced this, or can anyone propose any clues on what I should look at to find what is causing this large pause? -- Jim Rowley Business Analyst II ...

Outlook 2007 #10
I am running Outlook 2007, when I download my messages, they do not show in the reading pane. But they do in Outlook Express Ride safe Barry ...

sending mail 08-29-10
When I hit "send" a box appears that say: Windows Security, Logon to Pop-Server.cfl.rr.com, please verify that both the username and password are correct for your mail server (I assume this would be my same username & password for my cfl account) so I type it in the username and password boxes and hit ok. Then the same box reappears, over and over when I hit ok??? Nothing Happens! Please help. When you get that repeated prompt for username and password, click = Cancel, which should then produce an error message. Right-click on your error = message, copy, then pas...

exchange accounts will not delete from site
I have recently recovered one of my exchange 5.5 servers that crashed. Mailboxes have been restored and replication appears to complete only down to the restored server but not up to the main site mail server that holds the global address list. Due to lack of information in backups, it was necessary for me to manually recreate all mailboxes and then restore mailboxes. However, the new accounts have created with a "2" appended to each mailbox name. Example john@us.com is automatically created as john2@us.com. How do I purge the old accounts from the global list so that I can crea...

XP SP3 desktop using excessive memory
I have a Dell Inspiron desktop, XP SP3 has been running great, then my user called me, said the system is very slow. I went to task manager and saw they were using double the physical memory they have, I checked processes --- nothing is using excessive memory. When the user went to lunch I ran performace tests to see if paging problems, memory leaks --- the system is free from viruses, I got the following --- memory\available bytes - using 100% memory\pages/sec - using 100% memory\pool nonpaged bytes - using 100% memory\pool\nonpaged allocs - using 100% I powered off t...

Re Label Accounts Field
Anybody know how to change the Accounts field label to something else e.g. Organization, or Business? You can rename the 'account' entity to be 'Business'. Organization is a reserved word in CRM (there is already an orgainzation object) so it's off-limits. Dave "Owais" <Owais @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25767F85-513C-40F7-A82F-F0E5A627D9FF@microsoft.com... > Anybody know how to change the Accounts field label to something else e.g. > Organization, or Business? ...

want to transfer out funds from a fund within an account to a fund within the same account.
I want to do this to preserve my cost basis. I have a 401k that lets say has a fund that I bought for 100 bucks and it gained 10 dollars. when I issue a buy/sell to transfer it to another fund (within the same 401k account) the new cost basis is 110 dollars instead of the 100 that I actually spent. I know that using transfer in/out will preserve this cost basis, but it doesnt seem to work within an account per other threads of this nature. How can I do something similar within the same account? I am using 2005 premium. Thanks Vic. I don't think your use of Cost Basis reflects tax la...

Need a formula 02-04-10
I have several worksheets with employees’ ID numbers and expenses. They can be reimbursed ½ of what they have spent up to a total of $400 on each tab. They have a maximum of $1000 to be reimbursed for across all tabs. They might not have expenses in each category (tab). Is there a formula that could calculate for me which employees have reached their maximum and which employees have not? How is your workbook set up? Is it a sheet per employee/category/tab? How many tabs? Try to describe it a bit more please. The answer will be quite simple but with so many unanswered poi...

Forwarding email to an external account
If I want to foreward email coming into my exchange account to a personal account such as hotmail for example, how can this be done? In Active Directory Users and Computer, you look at the User's Properties, you look under the "Exchange General" Tab, you look at the "delivery option", you see "forwarding address", you say "ha, ha!" and do some jiggy dance :) I only do this for ex-employees for 30 days at the request of HR. -- Sincerely, D�j� Ak�m�l�f�, MCSE MCSA MCP+I www.akomolafe.com www.iyaburo.com Do you now realize that Today is the Tomorro...

formula question 02-05-10
We have a spread sheet - htm - end project will be working with 90,000 records - broken into about 90 different spreadsheets... ColumnA - will be hyperlinked to column K Column A will contain a ID number - 15 numbers Column K will contain --- c:\(the same 15 numbers as above).pdf Column A should read... =hyperlink(K1, "the 15 numbers") questions - I've been playing with this all day and can't quite get it to work... Can I somehow pull those 15 numbers out to represent the friendly name? (from between the c:\ and the .pdf ) IF I could do that - then I should...

Problem configuring Outlook 2007 w/ job email account
I recently installed Outlook 2007 to my laptop (which uses Vista). Upon trying to "setup" Outlook a small box appeared in the upper left corner of the screen which stated "configuring outlook accounts." A box appeared asking for "Microsoft Exchange Server" and "mailbox." I was not sure as to what to enter so I entered "dss.sc.gov" (which is everything listed after the "@" in my job email address) for the server and my name for mailbox. I then received the following error message: "The connection to Microsoft Exchange is ...

Loan account
Hi, Something else that's giving me trouble. I've set up a loan account - all seems to be fine. It's a three year loan, and the first two payments had already been made when I set the thing up in Money. Money coped with this fine, and within the register of the loan account it now accurately shows the first two payments and the principal-element of each payment, together with the diminishing value of the outstanding loan. However, it doesn't seem to be linked in any way to the account from which the payments are actually being made. Conceptually it seems to me that the loan ...

Integration Manager GP 10.0
I have just installed Microsoft Dynamics 10 for the first time and have loaded the integration manager. This was not an upgrade but on a standalone system simply for testing. I have 4 preset up integrations that I would like to import into the integration manager. These integrations have worked on previous versions of Great Plains up to and including version 9.0. I receive the following error message when trying to import the IM.MDB file: Could not load file or assembly 'IMProvider.RootProvider or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. Details: msco...

Can't set up HTTP account!!
I'm setting up Outlook on a friends computer. On their old computer they were able to view their Charter Communications email account through Outlook. I am trying to set it up so they can do it in XP, but it won't let me see their messages it just comes up blank. What am I doing wrong??!! P.S.- They don't have an account through Outlook/Microsoft Thanks, Locke ...

Convert Lead > Account-Contact-Opportunity Error
Hi, I have several leads opened. If I create a new one it will work "but" especially with this ONE lead I don't get it, I convert it either to Account - Contacts or Opportunity and gives me the following error. I repeat this is only for this one. I tried to close reopen change settings etc... Still not working. Microsoft CRM Platform Error Report: Error Description: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80042F09. Error Details: Details on this error have not been provided by the platform. Error Number: 0x80042F09 Source File: Not available Line Number: Not available Date: 10-2...

Multiple Email Accounts
I have three email accounts. I can only send message from one - some sort of automatic default. How can I select (with each email), what account I want to use to send a message? What version of Outlook are you using, and if 98 or 2000, what mail support mode? If you're not sure, look at the second line of Help | About Microsoft Outlook -- it should say "Internet Mail Only" or "Corporate/Workgroup". (Outlook 97, 2002, and 2003 don't have separate modes.) -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please ...

Turn off Autogenerate account description
I found out there isn't a way to turn off the autogenerate account description through Customer Source. I would like to add this as a suggestion for future release where I can click a button and it'll not autogenerate the account description for me. It's a nice feature, but it doesn't work for my intent. I understand that the autogenerate account description comes from the account segment list, however, my account segment list doesn't do the account description any justice b/c I have 5 segments, and the names can be long, so GP will truncate it, but not where I wan...

Accountants online, Online accountants, Accountancy services
Title: Accountants online, Online accountants, Accountancy services Accountants online is an entirely new concept which harnesses the power of outsourcing and international website development. we can offer a broad range of web, print, bookkeeping, news report and accountancy services, as well as options to regularly update your customers via emails, Search Engine Optimization and statistics on your site to get feedback on your marketing. We offer a suite of online accountancy services designed for you to outsource labour intensive or routine services at very competitive rates while you stay i...

Money 2005
I upgraded my money 2004 file to money 2005. I then turned off MSN Bill Pay and set up my accounts to be accessed on the web. After synchronization, my MSN Bill Pay account (MSN-Checking) showed up in my account list. I want to link this account to my checking account, but when I select "Merge Duplicate Accounts", it states there are no accounts to merge. The help file tells you to follow these exact steps. Does anybody know a work-around to get this working? Thanks in advance, Brian Don't follow the directions given. Instead, try the following: Open your 2004 f...

New Account for CD
I bought a CD and don't know how to set it up in Money (using Money Plus H&B). When I tried setting it up as a bank savings account there was a note that said I should set it up as an investment account. When I set up the investment account it does not ask me any questions about the CD or even if it is a CD. What am I missing. It seems like it should be a savings account. Please help me? A Savings Account can be used. If you only ever intend to have one CD at a time, that's probably easier. But if you want to manage multiple individual CDs over time, then the Investmen...

Outlook 2000 SP3
I'm using Outlook 2000 on Windows 98. When I edit text in an email I am forwarding to another mail account Outlook automatically marks the edited text/changes and inserts my name in brackets to track who is making the changes. Unfortunately, my name is spelled incorrectly. How can I correct the spelling of my name (it is correctly spelled in all the places I can find to configure it)? Also, can I turn off the automatic tracking of changes/edits? Thanks, Tools->Options->Email Options. Mark my comments with... Uncheck it to turn it off. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook...

Tracking Investments By Account
How do I track an investment by Account only? I hold the same investment in several accounts. I want to see the performance of that investment in that account only and not the accumulated performance accross all accounts! In microsoft.public.money, Bill wrote: >How do I track an investment by Account only? I hold the >same investment in several accounts. I want to see the >performance of that investment in that account only and >not the accumulated performance accross all accounts! Look at Investing->Portfolio and group by Account Name. Select the view you prefer, and c...