Access Smartlist tables

Is it possible to see the tables in the basic Smartlist queries?
For example in the Company Module under Tax Detail Transactions can
you see that table or tables that SL references?   I am using GP 10
SP3.

Thx in Advance
0
Jim

Jim,

On Disc 2 of the install CDs, in the Tools>Dex>Doc>PDF folder, there=92s
a file called IG.pdf, which is the Dexterity Integration Guide.
There=92s a section called SmartList Objects which contains a cross
reference of all the tables
and joins used in the standard SmartLists.

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
East Coast Dynamics
www.eastcoast-dynamics.com

get your gptip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com

0
Frank
12/5/2009 1:35:36 PM
Download them at:

https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/downloads/reportslibrary/gp_smartlist_templates.htm?printpage=false&stext=smartlist
--
Tim Foster

"Jim Hummer" wrote:

> Is it possible to see the tables in the basic Smartlist queries?
> For example in the Company Module under Tax Detail Transactions can
> you see that table or tables that SL references?   I am using GP 10
> SP3.
>
> Thx in Advance
> .

As Tim said so briefly, you need to download the files for the existing
SmartLists and load these into the SmartList Builder.  You will then have a
complete object in the builder representing the existing delivered
SmartLists.  You can modify these and re-release them, providing a substitute
for the original SmartLists.

--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"Jim Hummer" wrote:

> Is it possible to see the tables in the basic Smartlist queries?
> For example in the Company Module under Tax Detail Transactions can
> you see that table or tables that SL references?   I am using GP 10
> SP3.
>
> Thx in Advance
> .

On Dec 5, 5:35=A0am, "Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP, MCT, MVP"
<fhame...@eastcoast-dynamics.com> wrote:
> Jim,
>
> On Disc 2 of the install CDs, in the Tools>Dex>Doc>PDF folder, there=92s
> a file called IG.pdf, which is the Dexterity Integration Guide.
> There=92s a section called SmartList Objects which contains a cross
> reference of all the tables
> and joins used in the standard SmartLists.
>
> Frank Hamelly
> MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
> East Coast Dynamicswww.eastcoast-dynamics.com
>
> get your gptip42today atwww.gp2themax.blogspot.com

Thanks

That is the bulk of them.    Would you know where I can find Project
Accounting and Manufacturing?

Thanks

Jim
0
Jim
12/8/2009 4:28:12 AM
On Dec 7, 2:44=A0pm, Richard Whaley -- MVP 2006-2008
<i...@AccoladePublications.com> wrote:
> As Tim said so briefly, you need to download the files for the existing
> SmartLists and load these into the SmartList Builder. =A0You will then ha=
ve a
> complete object in the builder representing the existing delivered
> SmartLists. =A0You can modify these and re-release them, providing a subs=
titute
> for the original SmartLists.
>
> --
> Richard L. Whaley
> Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008
> Documentation for Software Users
>
> Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books athttp://=
www.AccoladePublications.com

> "Jim Hummer" wrote:
> > Is it possible to see the tables in the basic Smartlist queries?
> > For example in the Company Module under Tax Detail Transactions can
> > you see that table or tables that SL references? =A0 I am using GP 10
> > SP3.
>
> > Thx in Advance

Thanks

That is a big help.

Jim
0
Jim

Table View Contacts Gridline
I'm using Outlook 2003. My question is when I have a table view in Contacts and have specified I want a solid line for a gridline, it is so faint I can't hardly see it on the screen and when using it for a table print, it is very, very, very faint. Is there anyway to control the heaviness of the gridline? In earlier versions of Outlook, the gridline was quite heavy and printed very well. ...

Outlook Web Access AutoSignature

Restricting access to note attachments

Access 2003 and Access 2007 Synchronization

Excel Row to Access Columns

Pivot table subtotals 100%
This is what I want: Apples ...

Access

access or mount mirrored hard disks

Smartlist
Hi I created several smartlist, but the search using the "any" field does not return any results. IT appears to search and but returns nothing. I have using the Integration guide and the only reference to the any field is setting the data type in the Explorer_Get_Datatype script. Is there something I am missing? Do I need to add more code? Is there a data entry I need to delete? Any suggestions? Jason, Tested this on v10 SP3 and I get no results either. It seems to be a bug. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumg...

access mail on WEB

Unique distinct count in pivot table?
I have the following table with fields "Name", "State", and "price": Name State price Mary OH 14.94 Mary OH 15.01 Joe WA 12.17 Joe WA 18.95 I create a pivot table putting State in the row area and Count of Name in the data area. I get the following results: State OH 2 WA 2 This is telling me the number of occurrences of a name in the table in a given state. What I want it to tell me is the number of different names in a state. Is there an elegant way to do this in a pivot table? Much thanks for any help. A pivot table won't calculate a uni...

Access Database In Great Plains

CRM v4 Accessibility Improvements

Upsizing Access to SQL Server 2000

Outlook Web Access #19

Missing values from a pivot table field
I am creating a pivot table from an access database containing 896426 records. The issue I am running into is that on one of the fields the pivot table is only pulling in one of two values, but the access table does contain the second value. When I click on the arrow associated with that field it does not contain the second value either. Is there somewhere else in the settings this value could have been lost? Perhaps try Drag the field off the table Refresh the table Drag the field back on. With pivot tables you need to let us know which XL version you have. pivot ta...

Accounting with Ms Access

Newbie question re column name does not belong to table item
This is my first time with XML and first time with vb.Net so it's an up hill learning curve for me but I would appreciate any help with this probably simple request. I've got a couple of column names in an xml source that my vb.net application can't handle. I know its because there is a ":" in both columns but i don't know of a way to treat the xml as a string, change the column names and then feed the results to an xmltextreader. regards, AndyB this is my xml feed: earthquake data from USGS. http://earthquake.usgs.gov/recenteqsww/eqs1day-M2.5.xml below is the err...

BP3 Site Settings access

Excel to Access
Hi group, quick question. If I have a macro to upload some Excel data into Access, can this macro be used by a user without Access installed on its PC???? The Access database is located in a shared drive, the Excel is stored in the user's PC. ....And same thing in the other way, can a user without Access import from Excel some Access info?? Versions are Excel 2003 and Access 2002. Thanks in advance, Cecilia Can you buy Excel without buying the entire Microsoft Office Suite? I'm not sure if there are variations in the way microsoft sells products in different countries s...

Access Levels
Hi I am having real difficulty in getting the access levels to work as I want them. Basically I want to control access at the Business Unit level. However, how do I know which business unit a specific account record belongs to? As far as I can see it is determined by the owner of the record and their corresponding Business Unit. Is this correct? Thanks You are correct. The record is only tied to the BU through the owner. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On 26 May 2004 06:51:29 -0700, l.hargrave@btinternet.com (Lee) wrote: Hi I ...