About Voiding Payment after Year-End Closing

(AP, Bank Reconciliation and Year-End Closing has been proceeded.)

If I require to void the previous payment and re-apply a new one for the
historical year, what should I do?

I am most worried about the Bank Reconciliation. Could it be automatically
re-calculate the original month or will it simply reflected in the current
month of current year? Thanks.
0
Alexis (46)

When entering the void transaction, the original payment dates appear as the
default dates.  Simply change the void date to a current date and the
transactions should post in the current period.

Richard L. Whaley
Senior Business Consultant
321-277-1341

btw.....there is some good information that might be helpful to you in some
books on Dynamics GP/Great Plains available at
http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"Alexis" wrote:

> (AP, Bank Reconciliation and Year-End Closing has been proceeded.)
>
> If I require to void the previous payment and re-apply a new one for the
> historical year, what should I do?
>
> I am most worried about the Bank Reconciliation. Could it be automatically
> re-calculate the original month or will it simply reflected in the current
> month of current year? Thanks.

? Customer Payment Terms
We are using SBM release 6.2. Is there a way to establish customer terms that are 30% ETD / 70% 60 days? We want to be able to enter, for example, one invoice for $10,000 and then have it age as $3,000 due upon receipt and $7,000 due in 60 days. Thanks for your help! ...

Auto-void Posted SOP Invoice when Invoice in RM is voided
The client wants the ability to void a SOP Sales Transaction entry after it has been posted. The system will void the "receivables" invoice, but will not void the SOP invoice and thus no adjustment is made to inventory (i.e. put the quantities back into inventory). The client wants the ability to Void a Posted invoice and update the inventory quantities. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see...

A filename suddenly has [Group] at the end in title bar. Meaning?
Using Excel 2002 SP3. I have been working with an excel file with the same file name and path for several years. Today suddenly when I opened the file, the file name on the title bar has [Group] after the name. I also noticed at the same time that several of the formula cells are not getting updated properly until I go to the cell and edit it (making no changes) then it shows the correct value. [ I hit F2 to edit then return with no changes and then the values display properly.]. Does anyone what this [group] at the end of the file name in the title bar means? It is only happening...

Void EFT Payable payment
Unfortunately, if you void a transaction it doesn’t automatically remove it from the Generate EFT file. If you look at the document before voiding you will see the payment listed as voided but the Generate EFT generates the payment any way. I would like the Generate process to remove any voids from the system from the transmission. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to...

switch users without closing program
Hi, Is there a way to switch profiles without closing Outlook 2002? Thanks, Duane ...

AR Payment Discounts
We allow our customers term discounts on the AR Invoices that we are entering into SOP. The invoices have many items on them. However, the customers only get a discount on certain items and not all of them. Is there a way to set an item so that it does or doesn't not factor into the Discount Terms calculation (GP 10)? It is a percent Discount. Also can there be multiple % discounts based on the payment? <5 days 5%, <10 days 4% Jason I found an earlier post with some ideas on how to do the tiered discounts: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.greatplains/brow= se_t...

excel Visual basic opens then closes for users
I have users with Excel 97 on a domain. One of them is learning VB in excel. When she opens the visual basic editor it imedietely opens and then closes. When I do it as administrator it opens and stays open. Obviously a permission issue. Does anyone know how to allow her to open the VB editor in Excel and use it w/out giving her administrator access to the whole computer. I tried giving her write permissions to the Excel.exe but this does not solve the problem. Thanks. ...

payment frequency
is there a way to add a payment frequency to the default list in the receivables scheduled payments entry...the current list includes semi-monthly, monthly, semi-annual and annual...i would like to add daily and weekly to that list...is it possible? i would really appreciate all the help guys... -- iandale ...

Cannot convert from void to void?
Hi. I am having some strange troubles creating a dropdown menu at my toolbar. I have followed this tutorial: http://www.codejock.com/developer/article05.asp My problem occurs at this line: ON_NOTIFY(TBN_DROPDOWN, AFX_IDW_TOOLBAR, OnToolbarDropDown) which get the odd message: error C2440: 'static_cast' : cannot convert from 'void (__thiscall CMainFrame::* )(NMTOOLBARA *,LRESULT *)' to 'void (__thiscall CCmdTarget::* )(NMHDR *,LRESULT *)' The OnToolbarDropDown is implemented as: afx_msg void OnToolbarDropDown(NMTOOLBAR* pnmh, LRESULT* plRes); The only difference th...

How do I set end-of-range to #rows from beginning
Specifically, I am creating a chart that will have a breadth (# data points) based on a variable (value of a cell). Start point is always the same. For instance, a table is created based on a formula. The chart should stop when values in the table reach a certain value, but this could be 20 or 200 datapoints (20-200 rows). I know how many datapoints should be included, but not how to terminate the graph based on this number. I would prefer to do this without VBA, as I am not particularly proficient, but will if the only way. Hi, It would be nice to see some sample data, with a...

Change Void date on voided AP invoice
We used the wrong void date when we voided an AP invoice in GP 9.0. The void date used was the previous period which in now closed and we'd like to change the void date to the current open period. Does anyone know if this void date can be changed either through GP or directly in the SQL2000 database? Thanks in advance. Doug, You may want to copy and paste the following script into SQL Server Management Studio's query window: declare @newdate datetime declare @vchrnmbr char(20) set @newdate = 'mm/dd/yyyy' set @vchrnmbr = '0000000000XXXX' update pm30200 set voidpda...

Not void a voided payment
To have the ability in Great Plains to unvoid a voided payment. It is a long process to run paid transaction removal, remove transaction history while you can just have one click on the mouse to unvoid a payment. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://...

Customizing fiscal year Quarter start-end times
Is there a way to tell Visio that your fiscal year starts Nov 1, ends Oct 31 - rather than the default calendar year? I've searched everywhere & have seen a number of people asking this same question,. But there isn't an answer. Does someone know where to find an answer to this? I'm using Visio 2007. Thanks. "Mary in Toronto" wrote: > Is there a way to tell Visio that your fiscal year starts Nov 1, ends Oct 31 > - rather than the default calendar year? Mary, The timeline tool in Visio is a 'minimal' type of tool primarily intended ...

MSN Bill Pay vs. electronic payments made via my bank?
I recently re-built my Money file and just received the following prompt upon starting Money 2004: Use MSN Bill Pay with Microsoft Money Paying your bills online with MSN Bill Pay saves you time and gives you more control over your bills. MSN Bill Pay and Microsoft Money work together, so you can manage your bill payments all in one place. Would you like to take a short tour to learn more? o No, I'm not interested. o Maybe. Remind me later. o Yes! I want to take the tour. I currently pay my bills electronically in Money via my bank. How does MSN Bill Pay compare? Thanks! The big...

closing 1 file at a time
I have Excel (2003) set up (running in Win2kpro) so that if multiple files are open then I see each one individually in the task bar. This is what I want. However, unlike Word, when I close one Excel file in the task bar (by right clicking it and choosing the "close" option), ALL the excel files close presumably indicating that I only have 1 instance of Excel running. When I close 1 word doc only that one closes, not all of them. This is very frustrating if I have 3 or 4 files open and they're all currently saved. They all close at once. I don't want that to happen. I only w...

Payment Terms = 30/60?
I would like to setup terms as 50% due in 30 days, Net 60 days. Is there a way for GP10 to calculate what is due at 30 days for it to "age" correctly? Otherwise all I see is a "Net 60" option and rely on the customer to pay us 50% at 30 days. Thankfully there is no discount required for the invoice amount. Any suggestions? Hope that it might be simple. Or else will just have to leave as Net 60. I don't see any out of the box solutions, but here is a work around: 1. Setup a debit memo for 50% of the invoice on a Net 30 payment term. 2. Setup a c...

Void Orders
Is the a way to void numerous orders at once? I have 175 orders that need to be voided and would like to do the process only once. Deleting the documents is not an option as I need to retain the document and reason for voiding it available for customer service purposes. -- HK If you are able to identify the 175 orders in a smartlist by filtering on a criteria(s), then you can record a macro to go and void the transactions. You might want to record a macro voiding 10 documents and then just repeat it. For example, if all the 175 orders were part of the same batch, then you ...

Get Month and Year from death field
I havedate/time field that stores value like 2010-4-10 00:00:00 I need to get the month and year like Apr-2010 or April-2010 I tried... (DATEPART(MONTH,WRKODR.DateDel) + DATEPART(Year, WRKODR.DateDel)) As MTYr It returns 2010 in some cases 2011... I think it just add month to year... I need help Thanks in advance After more googling I tried (DateName(Month, WRKODR.DateDel) + ' ' + DateName(Year, WRKODR.DateDel)) As MTYr It pulls date and month correctly as in April 2010 Any "inherent danger" in using datename? "jpBless&q...

Void Invoices printing as Invoices, not Void
I downloaded the customersource FullPageInvoice.XML. This solved the problem we had with "Invoice" rather than "Sales Receipt" printing at the top right of the transaction, but created a new challenge of Void transactions being labelled "Invoice". The instruction in the file that is different than the old "FullPageSlip.XML" reads as follows: <COLUMNHEADER> <ALIGNMENT> ">~" </ALIGNMENT> <WIDTH> PageWidth * 0.40 </WIDTH> <IF><CONDITION> Transaction....

error on close: "This operation cannot be performed."
this happens but my info is saved. view details explains that microsoft doesn't know what happened, must be corrupt. repair file had no effect. happens when i close the program from one of my account windows. any clues? See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=44 -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Applying Payments
I missapplied a payment from a customer last month. Is there any way to fix this after you have run the Paid Transaction Removal utility? Thanks Angie The only way I know how to do it is to use the Receivables Management Transaction Unapply tool from the Professional Services Tools Library. It's an extra-cost module that we use here quite a bit. -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 "Angie" wrote: > I missapplied a payment from a customer last month. Is there any way to fix > this after you have run the Paid Transactio...

(void **)&x
BYTE * a; What does this mean (void **)&a ? -mec It looks like an unspecified pointer type to a pointer to the address of a BYTE pointer which, from you example, is not assigned to any data space :o). It also looks confusing. This link might help you: http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/language/tutorial/pointers.html Tom "mec" <mec@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E594D380-7505-4E11-BDC6-082F7E3C358E@microsoft.com... > > BYTE * a; > > What does this mean (void **)&a ? > > -mec On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 12:07:02 -0700, mec <me...

debt reduction loan rounding payment
Hello, My debt reduction plan is rounding my loan payment to 106.00 instead 105.26 It will not let me alter it. The loan account is 105.26 How can I fix this? Thanks Frank You can't. DRP rounds up. Who knows why. Doesn't really matter besides change the projected out of debt date by a few seconds or maybe a minute or two. "FRANK ROCCO" <farocco@verizon.net> wrote in message news:%238s3xwrPGHA.2336@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > How can I fix this? Dick Watson wrote: > You can't. DRP rounds up. Who knows why. Doesn't really matter besides > cha...

When voiding intercompany payables transactions, they should void.
When intercompany payables transactions are voided in the originating company, they should void out of the destination company's general ledger also. Currently it is necessary to make a manual journal entry in the destination company. It is too easy to forget that step or make an error in the journal entry. ...

Money 2005 Split Bill Loan Payments
Is there a reason that when I enter a recurring bill at the bottom of the category list are the loans that I pay on, but if I go into the split section the category list does not contain them? Both of my vehicles are through the same credit union and are withdrawn as a single amount, but it seems impossible to accurately have Money see that this bill is two loan payments and not just a bill to that credit union. Because a Loan Payment is a form of split--and splits can't be split. Therefore, it follows, a transaction can only include one loan payment to one loan. It also follows th...