A unique document number could not be found. Please check setup

has anyone come across this message
0
RCR (234)

Is this when creating a new transaction?  It's possible that you've 'run
out' of numbers....what does the module setup say?  If you have something
like ABC99999, it may not be able to go to ABC100000 without manual
intervention.

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"rcr" <rcr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> has anyone come across this message

0
victoria (3340)
6/9/2008 9:17:38 PM
Victoria has one possible cause.  Here is another.

If your next document number was say ORD10001 and it got set back to
ORD009000 and all the documents in between 9000 and 100001 had been used,
this message would be displayed.  The software takes the next document
number, checks a table to see if it was used, if so advances by one and
checks again.  After 100 steps, the above message is displayed.

To fix this, find you highest used document number (assuming you have not
used them all) and set the next number to one higher.

If you have used all the numbers, put a larger number format in the next
number field.  For example, if the next number is ABC9999 change to ABC0009999

--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"Victoria [MVP]" wrote:

> Is this when creating a new transaction?  It's possible that you've 'run
> out' of numbers....what does the module setup say?  If you have something
> like ABC99999, it may not be able to go to ABC100000 without manual
> intervention.
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> Dynamics GP MVP
> Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports
> http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html
>

> "rcr" <rcr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > has anyone come across this message

0
info4071 (3004)

Number of DPC-Objects allowed in wait queue ?
I started device driver development with help of (maybe) outdated book of art baker (et.al.) "Windows 2000 Device Driver Development" (2001). I think the basics remain still valid for WDM. But I wonder if the following is still true for newer Windows versions (WinXP, Vista, Win7): "[...] there is only a single instance of a DPC-object allowed in the wait queue that refers to the same function. The statement is correct. You can have as many DPC objects you want in a queue, but each object may only be have a single instance in the queue. Or to put it another way,...

defining unique range of cells for different sheets as the same n.
I want to use the same name, month9, to refer the same range of cells, but on different sheets, how do i turn off the global define? When you define the name (Insert|name|Define), include the sheet name in the "names in workbook" box: sheet1!month9 or 'sheet 1'!month9 You can select your range and type this in the name box (to the left of the formula bar), too. KSAPP wrote: > > I want to use the same name, month9, to refer the same range of cells, but on > different sheets, how do i turn off the global define? -- Dave Peterson ...

AUTODL
Hi All, Anybody have implemented a web distribution lists management solution using AutoDL (Exchange 2000 resorce kit tool) ? I�m looking for addition documents that explain how to use the AutoDL version 2.0 or 2.1. The documentation provided with the product is very poor. I�m with problems in the following features: Authorizing and Denied Requests and Security Environment (NTFS and IIS permissions). If anybody knows anything about that, please tell me. Regards All, Marcelo Caetano Alves marceloc@tbabsb.com.br Grupo TBA - Brasilia - BRAZIL ...

Documenting Macros
I inherited a database that contains numerous Macros. I need to document all these macros and the documentor within Access format is not the greatest. Prefer table format within Word. Can anyone recommend a third-party tool or VBA code that will allow me to document the Macros in a table format? Thanks, Karen Don't know for sure (because I never use Macros), but see whether Total Access Analyzer, from FMS, has what you're looking for. There's a free trial at http://www.fmsinc.com/products/analyzer/index.html -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (n...

currency/number formats
In windows xp, though customized the currency / number formats in regional options i., 12,34,56,789.11 format, the same is not reflected in excel xp. Why? My Win XP shows 123,456,789.00 in regional options. That's the default setting. Why would you change that to 12,34,56,789.11? Is that some kind of recognized numbering system? Can you give an example of data in Excel to illustrate why you want Excel to recognize that regional setting from Win XP? "nageswara rao" <nag@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:b3e401c4890e$6cd1c210$a501280a@phx.gbl... > In windows xp, th...

Date field only update if document has been updated
Ok, this may be simple... but I haven't figured it out yet. I only want the date/time field in my footer to update if a change to the document has been made. I don't want it to change when the document opens. I don't want it to change when it's printed. I don't need the createdate field... that doesn't work... so.. is there anything I can do? Thanks! Kim -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/ms-word-general/201004/1 Use the SaveDate field then. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "Kim W. via OfficeKB.co...

Opening any excel document NOTHING shows
I am using Excel 2007 and when I open any excel sheet/work book, new or existing, I have a totally blank sheet. Nothing shows unless I shrink down the sheet/workbook and then restore it. Does anyone have any ideas? on what I can do to resolve this, other than to continue shrinking & restoring. Thanks. ...

why are links to websites (inserted in publisher documents) disab.
why are links to websites and e-mailadresses (inserted in publisher documents) still working in emailpreview but disabled in webpage preview? ...

My numbers format as a number with two decimal places.
I am trying to format numbers as a four digit number. If I format the cell with numbers, no decimal places, no separator, the last two numbers don't show. (Instead of 1124 I get 11) If I format it as general, it come up with two decimal places. (Instead of 1124 I get 11.24). Pull-down Tools > Options > Edit and clear the fixed decimal checkbox. -- Gary''s Student "Tim Poulter" wrote: > I am trying to format numbers as a four digit number. If I format the cell > with > numbers, no decimal places, no separator, the last two numbers don't sh...

"Show an envelope icon in the notification area" check mark stay?
Hello How to make "Show an envelope icon in the notification area" check mark stay in "Advanced E-mail Options" on "Preferences" tab? The check mark disappears after my Outlook 2003 sp2 restart. ...

Heading numbers in the left margin
Hi, I'm trying to create outline numbered headings, where the number is located in the left margin. I try to accomplish this using a negative value for "NumberPosition" on the ListTemplate. Initially, this works fine, but as soon as I click on the Heading's number, the whole paragraph, including the number, "jumps in" to the right so that the number is located exactly at the margin instead of to the left of it. I define my styles and ListTemplate in VBA, the relevant portion of which reads: With .ListTemplate.ListLevels(1) .NumberPo...

Random number generator expression used
My final year (Statistics degree) project is concerned with the PRNG in MS Excel. It was stated by the lecturer in Simulation Studies that this PRNG was no good for simulation purposes .. the cycle length is not long enough. So that I can test this statement I need to be able to run the in-built PRNG so that it repeats the sequence of generated random numbers. This cannot be done in situ as there are not enough cells available (max 16k ?). I would propose to run the PRNG as a VBA macro - or stand_alone in VB6 - but for that I need to obtain the mathematical expression that is used ...

How can i a resource to an Document/view application?
Hello, i am trying to add an dialog to Document/View application? but i cannt, how can i attach the dialog to the Document? is there a way? thanks cNetWork wrote: > Hello, > i am trying to add an dialog to Document/View application? but i > cannt, > how can i attach the dialog to the Document? is there a way? cNetwork: What does "attach the dialog to the Document" mean? If you have added a dialog template in the resource editor, then you must associate a CDialog-derived class with it. This class can be instanciated and displayed anywhere in your code (provided you...

unique record numbers
I am trying to create a unique PIN for members in a table (not the primary key) that will be 4 digits long, and would like each new entry to be incremental. I am very new, and would appreciate a detailed instruction (though I can get around access fair enough). Any help would be appreciated. On Fri, 5 Mar 2010 19:19:44 -0800, Rev David Bissas <Rev David Bissas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: The "DMax + 1" technique should work for you. Google or Bing for it. -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >I am trying to create a unique PIN for members in a table (not t...

I paste a jpg into the publisher document and then it disappears,
I'm trying to copy an image into a newsletter in publisher and will do so but it will just disappear. what could cause that? patricia wrote: > I'm trying to copy an image into a newsletter in publisher and will do so but > it will just disappear. what could cause that? Avoid using the Clipboard. Save the image to a file on your hard disk and insert it via Inert > Picture > From File instead. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org "Ed Bennett" <the_nerd@mvps.org> wrote in message news:eOsavPLvGHA.4456@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... &g...

Printing from Word Document
How do i fix the bottom border so it can show when I print? What version of Outlook and Word? Are you printing email or a document? if an doc, you need to ask in the word newsgroups on this server. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solu...

Integrating Patient Refund Checks
A client processes 1000 refund checks per month for patients who have overpaid their co-pays in a medical practice. They currently enter these payables manually setting up a vendor each time and the vendor database is enormous. They do get this information in an Excel spreadsheet so it could be integrated. Is there a way to integrate these instead (preferably using one integration in Integration Mgr) and use the temporary vendor feature? I am sure that separate integrations for the vendor and payables transaction will work but I am just trying to make things easier and do one...

How can I define unique font per each Outlook profile?
We have several Outlook profiles on one computer and each user wants their own font. I noticed changing to one type of font in one profile affects all the other user profiles in Outlook. Is there a way to assign unique fonts to each Outlook profile? Many thanks experts... Each user would need their own Windows login.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstar...

Beginner: Is HWND unique?
Hi! When I start an application twice and ask each application for the handle of its main window (calling an inbuild COM function), are the returned dwords guaranteed to be different? Thanks a lot for your help! Volker -- For email replies, please substitute the obvious. It is not guaranteed to be the same or different. You might get the same HWND towice in a row, or might get different ones between two instances of your program. AliR. "Volker Hetzer" <firstname.lastname@ieee.org> wrote in message news:ed9gei$di9$1@nntp.fujitsu-siemens.com... > Hi! > When I start an ...

No Distribution for Payroll Check
My company just started using GP 10 after the first of the year. I have one employee whose check distribution did not balance. Their deductions and unemployment taxes were deducted from their check but it was not distributioned to a G/L account. What should I be looking at to correct this so that it doesn't happen again? ...

Replace Quote Number
How can I change the next Quote Number that generates in CRM 3.0. It's already been started and I want to chane it. In the Settings area you'll see the "Auto-Numbering" link which has tabs for the entities that have auto-generated numbers. You'll find that you can modify the prefix & suffix length, but you don't have much else control. More complex, logical or business specific requests have been made, and there is usually another field involved which is driven by either client side scripting or plug-in logic. Michael D. Mayo http://www.mscrmtrainer.com &...

Document window seems frozen...
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi everybody, <br><br>I'm new to this forum. I've got a problem that started this morning...For all Office apps, I cannot change the size of the window by grabbing and dragging the lower right hand corner of the window. The window other works fine and I'm able to interact with the application. Not an issue with anything else on the machine. Also, Word opens a doc with a very small window. Can I reset it to be full size on open and if so, how? <br><br>Thanks for your help! Hmm...

How to Round Whole Numbers?
What is the formula for rounding whole numbers down (ie not decimals to whole numbers)? I want to round numbers like 14427 to 14420. The numbers are in a formula such as: =SUM(C6:C22)*.08 and I want to round the result to the nearest 10. Thanks for any help. =FLOOR(SUM(C6:C22)*.08 ,10) -- HTH Bob Phillips "blank" <blank@void.net> wrote in message news:428af534$0$25599$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-01.iinet.net.au... > What is the formula for rounding whole numbers down (ie not decimals to > whole numbers)? > I want to round numbers like 14427 to 14420. The num...

Document formatting Options
When I highlight some text to format (like bold, italics, center, etc..) the system automatically applies the formatting to everything in the document. I have to click undo and then it only applies it to the highlighted area. I believe this is an option that I need to fix, but can't find it. Anybody know how to fix this? Thanks! See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/WholeDocumentReformatted.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Marvelous Monday" <Marvelous Monday@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07971607-4106-4476-A781-116259941...

Pull Unique Values From a List/Table
How can I pull unique values from a table? I track vendors who might sell multiple items, but I only need to show the vendor once so I can pull other information. There are also may be blanks in the rows if the vendor is inactive. Thanks! Let me add one more twist to this problem: The unique values also need to filter out where it may be 'VendorA - West' and 'VendorA - East' and combine them into one record. I only need it to show VendorA and not both records East and West (same company, just different drop ship location). Thanks! "Karl Burrows" <kfb1@spa...