A Different CRM for GP

Hello,

We are pondering the idea of implementing MS Dynamics CRM.  However, I am
curious whether anyone else has had success in integrating a different CRM
product with GP 10.0.  It's not that we don't like the MS product; I just
like to ensure I have covered all bases.

Our partner does not have any other recommendations as they have not worked
with any other CRM applications.

Any information would be greatly apprecaited.

Thank you,
--
Jessie
0

GoldMine is a good product, very mature, and easier to maintain table
structures.  There are links to GP but I cannot remember the firm at this
late hour.
--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"Jessie" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We are pondering the idea of implementing MS Dynamics CRM.  However, I am
> curious whether anyone else has had success in integrating a different CRM
> product with GP 10.0.  It's not that we don't like the MS product; I just
> like to ensure I have covered all bases.
>
> Our partner does not have any other recommendations as they have not worked
> with any other CRM applications.
>
> Any information would be greatly apprecaited.
>
> Thank you,
> --
> Jessie
0
info4071 (3004)
9/10/2009 1:59:01 AM
Jessie,

We have done this MS CRM install with MS GP for our client , even some
integration between the systems on 2 way data sync. Also we are working with
SDFC CRM integration for our GP client. If you are interested to learn more
please drop an email.

MV
nj.tech@hotmail.com

"Jessie" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We are pondering the idea of implementing MS Dynamics CRM.  However, I am
> curious whether anyone else has had success in integrating a different CRM
> product with GP 10.0.  It's not that we don't like the MS product; I just
> like to ensure I have covered all bases.
>
> Our partner does not have any other recommendations as they have not worked
> with any other CRM applications.
>
> Any information would be greatly apprecaited.
>
> Thank you,
> --
> Jessie
0
manick (194)

no one able to login to crm
when login,system report error,invalid authorization. the user authentication passed to the platform is not vaild. there is article talk about this,id 860612,but still unable login This could be an Active Directory problem. CRM checks if the user is in the AD UserGroup, but if AD replication is not working then the user's group membership may not have been applied. Check the membership of this group on each DC by explicitly connecting to each DC in Active Directory Users and Computers -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk "yang"...

Indexes in GP
Hi, Does Great-Plains deploy its own indexes? Could I add a record to a table (e.g. vendor) without corrupting Great-Plains? Many thanks. -Itai The indexes are linked to the tables, you can add records directly to the table, as long as you follow the information in the SDK for adding records to master tables. Or you can use Integration Manager or eConnect to add records. The SDK can be installed from the Tools folder of CD 2 of the Great Plains install CDs. "Itai" wrote: > Hi, > > Does Great-Plains deploy its own indexes? Could I add a record to a table &...

Pulling data daily from a differently named report everyday
Hello, I have a spreadsheet where I use formulas to pull data from multiple reports on a shared server everyday. What I do is to save those reports under a certain name everyday since the formulas have to have the static report name in them to pull data. (For example, A1 may pull data from c:\reportfolder\reportA, B1 may pull from c: \reportfolder2\reportB, etc). In these report folders our IT group runs a new report in it everyday but of course they change the name of the report every day (to reflect the date) . . so in the reportfolder there will be "reportA-3-12-2009", and "...

CRM 3.0 User Manager
when in the user manager I changed the system admin account and can't change it back. All it tells me is that and error occurred. Any ideas on how to change this back or do I have to uninstall and redo. Try using the deployment manager from the server. Sometimes you can get it to work that way. Otherwise I would suggest a restore from backup, because you had backup, right? Gustaf "Kevin" wrote: > when in the user manager I changed the system admin account and can't change > it back. All it tells me is that and error occurred. Any ideas on how to > chang...

Different margins on different pages
I am setting up a template for letters at work. The first page of our letterhead has one ste of margins and all subsequent pages will have a different sent of margins. I know that section breaks can be used, but if staff copy and paste text from existing letters into this new template, the section break moves. Is there any way of locking the section break to the page? so the pasted text goes over the top of it? Hi Lilly80, You could setup your document with a 'different first page' layout. That allows the first page to have a different set of margins to the rest o...

Enquiries on CRM Customization
Hi, I would like to enquire somethings regarding customization of CRM 1) my contact form would like to include a custID field. can this custID field be a auto-generated number whenever a new contact is added? If its possible, how do i go abt implementing this? 2) can i write a query statement in the CRM such that when the custID is amended, all tables relating to this custID will be reflected as well? If its possible how do I go abt implementing this? 3) I have a customer who wants to import data from the current MS access DB to the contact table in the MS CRM. Can I not allow som...

Different values for error bars in series
In Excel 2007, how do you put in different error bar values for each data point in a series? So far I am only able to put in one value for all in my bar chart. Hi, See Jon's blog on the subject. http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/error-bars-in-excel-2007/#comments Cheers Andy On 06/04/2010 15:52, wdwind1 wrote: > In Excel 2007, how do you put in different error bar values for each data > point in a series? So far I am only able to put in one value for all in my > bar chart. -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

A Different CRM for GP
Hello, We are pondering the idea of implementing MS Dynamics CRM. However, I am curious whether anyone else has had success in integrating a different CRM product with GP 10.0. It's not that we don't like the MS product; I just like to ensure I have covered all bases. Our partner does not have any other recommendations as they have not worked with any other CRM applications. Any information would be greatly apprecaited. Thank you, -- Jessie GoldMine is a good product, very mature, and easier to maintain table structures. There are links to GP but I cannot remember the fir...

CRM Small Business Edition running on Windows 2003 Server.
Hi all I would like to know if MS CRM Small Business edition will run on a standard Windows 2003 Server. I have SQL 2000 installed and running on a seperate server and could install SQL 2005 on another server if required. Any ideas as to getting CRM small business to run w/o installing Windows 2003 Small Business Server would be extremely appreciated. Thanks In Advance. Mark S. Mark, CRM 3.0 SBE will only install in Small Business Server. Mitch To my knowledge this cannot be done due to licence restrictions. To use the SBS edition of CRM it needs to run on SBS. The only possibili...

CRM Outlook Addin problem
Hi, I have a couple of users who's CRM Outlook Addin keeps getting switched off. The tool bar remains etc but no longer works. When I look in outlook options the CRM Addin is not ticket. I can re tick this and click OK but it will imediatly uncheck itself. To get it to work I have to remove the addin and then add it again. This temporarily fixes the problem but it is never long before it occurs again. Any advice ? Regards Brian Hi, We seem to have a similar problem like you describe. Unfortunately no answer. I have another quastion though, how do you get to the CRM addin ticket...

Same column, different cell width at different row
I have tried inserting a break and split, didn't work. I just want to separate the top half of a page with the bottom half so I can apply different cell width on the same column. Or how would I be able to do this? Same column but different cell width. Thanks! Glenn You can't do that. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Glenn Chung" <GlennChung@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:20746997-9D99-4684-A352-120370D27036@microsoft.com... >I have tried inserting a break and split, di...

Service PAck 1 for GP 10
Has anyone tried to install SP1 yet? We are looking at upgrading to 10 but needed to wait until SP1 came out and I was wonderign if anyone has encountered any issues witht the SP. Thanks for the responses. Fliehigh On Nov 21, 5:08 pm, Fliehigh <Flieh...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Has anyone tried to install SP1 yet? We are looking at upgrading to 10 but > needed to wait until SP1 came out and I was wonderign if anyone has > encountered any issues witht the SP. > > Thanks for the responses. > Fliehigh SP1, has been pulled back for now, by Microsoft - becaus...

2 users access calendar online with different rights
hi user A wants to give user B permission to see, add and edit entries in calendar online http://www.exchangedomain.ch/usersname/kalender/ user B is able to see, but not to add or edit entries at the moment in outlook itself its working. user B can open the folder calendar of user A and make entries and change entries what have to be done that this is possible also with web access exchange ? thankx mike schwarz On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 14:09:29 +0200, "Mike Schwarz" <ctek@ctek.ch> wrote: >hi > >user A wants to give user B permission to see, add and edit entries in &...

Fixed Assets
When using the Fixed Asset module, I am finding some small differences when compared to the Depreciation calculated by the External Accountants for tax purposes. Client would like to match exactly to the amounts calculated by external accounts. What is the best way to fix this issue? thanks, -- Patti Need more info Patti. What are the depreciation methods/settings that are creating the differences? Does this occur on every asset or just some? Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your gptip42today at www.gp2themax.blogs...

Issue with mapping disabled CRM users in Import Organization
Hello, I am using the Import Organization tool to move a CRM 4.0 deployment to new servers in the same AD domain. I have several disabled CRM users who do not automatically map in the tool because their AD accounts have been deleted. Must I re-create these users in AD in order to map them in the Import Organization tool or is there another way to proceed? ...

CRM Security Service is not Started
I am getting these error messages after installation Microsoft CRM on my PC. First i installed Virtual PC on my machine and after this i installed MS CRM Server and client on the machine. After installation it worked very good but after 3 days i get these error. I am not able to solve these error i need your help. I am waiting your kind reply. Error No 1: When i start server by using Virtual PC i get this error, "At least one service or driver failed during system startup. Use Event viewer to examine the event for detail." Error No 2: I checked the Services then i saw Microsoft...

Dates Difference
Hi, I need to get the difference between 2 dates (in number of days), how do i get that in vc++? I have used the DateDiff function in asp but couldn't find anything like that. Also, how can i convert string to a date? thanks in advance karan >I need to get the difference between 2 dates (in number of days), how >do i get that in vc++? Karan, Convert (if the dates aren't already in this format) the dates/times to FILETIME and subtract the values. >Also, how can i convert string to a date? Try COleDateTime::ParseDateTime or VarDateFromStr. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://ww...

Want to display value and difference on one chart
I am trying to create a chart that displays x and 10-x on the same chart. I want the chart to show a meaured value and the difference of that value to 10 in a different color. On Wed, 6 Aug 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, JMH <JMH@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I am trying to create a chart that displays x and 10-x on the same chart. I >want the chart to show a meaured value and the difference of that value to 10 >in a different color. Use your spreadsheet to calculate the values, then use the chart to graph them. Never try to use a chart for calculation. ...

WEIRD DevErrors=On (CRM is fine) but DevErrors=Off produces errors
This is the strangest thing I've ever come across in CRM ... If we have DevErrors on in web.config, CRM works fine. If we have DevErrors off, we actually get errors! The errors are "unspecified error" and happen randomly in all areas of CRM. It's actually reproducable too. Has anyone heard of this? What would they have to do with each other I wonder? Note, we use turbotool to turn these on and off, with off (or rather null) being the default for this value within this tool. Thanks ...

IBF for CRM 3.0
Are there any changes with Information Bridge Framework in combination with MSCRM 3.0? Regards Max Hi Max, Microsoft CRM-Office Snap tool is the version that works with CRM 3.0. You can download it at http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/dynamicssnap under the title Snap-in for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 - Business Data Lookup HTH. -- Manisha Powar (Madhusudanan) Program Manager Microsoft Dynamics - CRM This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use. � 2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. "MaxF."...

Sending from 2 different computers
I have Outlook 2003 on my desktop at home and 2002 on my laptop while traveling. My server is Comcast. I would strongly prefer to use Outlook (rather than Comcast's webmail) on both computers. I have configured Outlook on both computers to receive email. I can also leave a copy on the server so it can be downloaded again later on the other computer, assuring that I always have copies of all emails no matter which computer I'm using. Problem is I can't send from my laptop. I've tried Comcast's instructions for configuring Outlook 2002 for use while traveling, but it doesn&...

CRM 4.0 on MSDN Downloads
Is there an official date when CRM 4.0 will be released to the MSDN Subscriptions site? It is available today from the general download site. No word yet on when it will make it to the MSDN downloads (or more importantly, when the license keys will be out). -- Matt Parks MVP - Dynamics CRM "Adam" <Adam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CB0534D9-0FB9-4090-8B8B-CBF428946011@microsoft.com... Is there an official date when CRM 4.0 will be released to the MSDN Subscriptions site? ...

Different shape width in different views in Excel 2007??
In Excel 2007, I create a shape in "Normal" view and set its width to any value (e.g. to 15cm). Now I change to "Page Layout" view and guess what... the width now shows up as something more than 16cm??! (The width property as points in VBA changes accordingly.) Switching to "Page Break View" will result in one more different width value. Is this "just" a big bug in Excel 2007 or did I miss something?? I know that the selected default printer or the chosen zoom factor may have an influence on the shown size of a shape, but these discrepancies are ...

appointment prints different time
Hi, My client uses a french CRM with date format dd/mm/yyyy. when he creates an appointment with the SFO client from e.g. 11 o'clock until 16 o'clock it is saved like correctly. but when he prints it out, the starttime is 8 o'clock and end time 13 o'clock. it is like that for every appointment. it always prints out 3 hours earlier. Anybody had this too? Thanx Cypress, You can check if both the server and the user are in the same time zone. Server: Open Control Panel, Date and Time, Timezone Client: On the laptop open Control Panel, Date and Time, Timezone Open CRM vi...

Different Columns on different pages
Hi - think this will be easily resolved but I am stuck! In publisher 2000 how do you create a multipaged, two page spread that has different columns on some pages. I keep bringing myself back to "ignore background" and trying to use "arrange" - "layout Guides" - but this isnt right. Am I thinking too deep? Is the whole point that the layout guides are simply guides and stay the same thorugh the whole document regardless.... you just use ruler guides to make the changes through the different pages? Any idea's? Thanks Julia ...