8.0 Upgrade

We are going to be performing an upgrade to 8.0 in the next month.  Next week
we will be doing a test migration and have 3+ weeks scheduled for testing.
Does anyone have any documentation of things to consider or issues they had
with the upgrade.  Anything would be helpful, as I am just trying to ensure
all the bases are covered.

Thanks,

Zach Morgan
zachary.morgan@cbs.fiserv.com
0
ZachMorgan (47)

What are you upgrading from?

"Zach Morgan" <ZachMorgan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We are going to be performing an upgrade to 8.0 in the next month.  Next
> week
> we will be doing a test migration and have 3+ weeks scheduled for testing.
> Does anyone have any documentation of things to consider or issues they
> had
> with the upgrade.  Anything would be helpful, as I am just trying to
> ensure
> all the bases are covered.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Zach Morgan
> zachary.morgan@cbs.fiserv.com

0
callen1071 (408)
6/17/2005 3:59:49 AM
Hi Zach-

We recently upgraded from 7.0 to 8.0 and it went much smoother than past
upgrades. We mainly focused on customized reports including Smartlists. Our
consultant was even able to find a tool to upgrade our Smartlists. All of our
customized reports and smartlists all came across without a hitch.

The only problem we ran into was related to the re-write of a customization
added onto EFT for Payables. Our consultants had a hard time getting that to
work properly because a lot of the tables had changed. So I guess my
recommendation would be that if you have any customizations, make sure you
test them in your test environment.

One other thing, with FRx 6.7, we had a problem where some of our column
formats had blank columns in between calculated columns. FRx stopped at the
first blank column and did not print any columns beyond the first blank
column. We had to modify all our column formats to read "Fill" in our
previously blank columns.

"Zach Morgan" wrote:

> We are going to be performing an upgrade to 8.0 in the next month.  Next week
> we will be doing a test migration and have 3+ weeks scheduled for testing.
> Does anyone have any documentation of things to consider or issues they had
> with the upgrade.  Anything would be helpful, as I am just trying to ensure
> all the bases are covered.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Zach Morgan
> zachary.morgan@cbs.fiserv.com
0
JackieC (21)
6/17/2005 5:33:06 PM
Thanks Jackie

Do you know the name of the Utility to upgrade customized reports and
Smarlist?  We have quite a few, and it would definately be beneficial for me
to look at it.

Thanks for your response.

"JackieC" wrote:

> Hi Zach-
>
> We recently upgraded from 7.0 to 8.0 and it went much smoother than past
> upgrades. We mainly focused on customized reports including Smartlists. Our
> consultant was even able to find a tool to upgrade our Smartlists. All of our
> customized reports and smartlists all came across without a hitch.
>
> The only problem we ran into was related to the re-write of a customization
> added onto EFT for Payables. Our consultants had a hard time getting that to
> work properly because a lot of the tables had changed. So I guess my
> recommendation would be that if you have any customizations, make sure you
> test them in your test environment.
>
> One other thing, with FRx 6.7, we had a problem where some of our column
> formats had blank columns in between calculated columns. FRx stopped at the
> first blank column and did not print any columns beyond the first blank
> column. We had to modify all our column formats to read "Fill" in our
> previously blank columns.
>
> "Zach Morgan" wrote:
>
> > We are going to be performing an upgrade to 8.0 in the next month.  Next week
> > we will be doing a test migration and have 3+ weeks scheduled for testing.
> > Does anyone have any documentation of things to consider or issues they had
> > with the upgrade.  Anything would be helpful, as I am just trying to ensure
> > all the bases are covered.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Zach Morgan
> > zachary.morgan@cbs.fiserv.com
0
ZachMorgan (47)
6/20/2005 12:36:04 PM
Chales, We are upgrading from 7.0 to 8.0.

Thanks

"Charles Allen" wrote:

> What are you upgrading from?
>
> "Zach Morgan" <ZachMorgan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We are going to be performing an upgrade to 8.0 in the next month.  Next
> > week
> > we will be doing a test migration and have 3+ weeks scheduled for testing.
> > Does anyone have any documentation of things to consider or issues they
> > had
> > with the upgrade.  Anything would be helpful, as I am just trying to
> > ensure
> > all the bases are covered.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Zach Morgan
> > zachary.morgan@cbs.fiserv.com

0
ZachMorgan (47)
6/20/2005 12:36:12 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_71003CE8

Hello and thank you for using Newsgroups!  Also thank you to Charles and
Jackie for responding to Newsgroups!

The main peice of information and documentation I would recommend to view
is at the following link - it includes all the pre and post update steps,
known issues etc for the update to Great Plains 8.0:

https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/knowledgebase/hottopics/Hot
_Topic_Updating_GreatPlains80.htm

I am not sure of the tool that Jackie referenced.  Smartlist favorities
will update automatically with the update to Great Plains 8.0.  It should
not require a specific tool?   I want to make sure you are referring to the
Smartlist favorites or you speaking of updating somethign more customized?

Thank you,

Melissa Amundson
Microsoft Online Partner Support

Business-Critical Phone Support (BCPS) provides you with technical phone
support at no charge during critical LAN outages or "business down"
situations. This benefit is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to all
Microsoft technology partners in the United States and Can ada.

This and other support options are available here:

BCPS:
https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/40010469

Others: https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/

Support page:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2finternational.aspx.

------=_NextPart_0001_71003CE8

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hello and thank you for using Newsgroups!  Also thank you to Charles and Jackie for responding to Newsgroups!
\par
\par The main peice of information and documentation I would recommend to view is at the following link - it includes all the pre and post update steps, known issues etc for the update to Great Plains 8.0:
\par
\par https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/knowledgebase/hottopics/Hot_Topic_Updating_GreatPlains80.htm
\par
\par I am not sure of the tool that Jackie referenced.  Smartlist favorities will update automatically with the update to Great Plains 8.0.  It should not require a specific tool?   I want to make sure you are referring to the Smartlist favorites or you speaking of updating somethign more customized?
\par
\par Thank you,
\par
\par Melissa Amundson
\par Microsoft Online Partner Support
\par
\par
\par
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
\par
\par
\par Business-Critical Phone Support (BCPS) provides you with technical phone support at no charge during critical LAN outages or "business down" situations. This benefit is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to all Microsoft technology partners in the United States and Can ada.
\par
\par
\par
\par This and other support options are available here:
\par
\par BCPS: https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/40010469
\par
\par Others: https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/
\par
\par
\par
\par If you are outside the United States, please visit our International Support page: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2finternational.aspx.
\par
\par
\par
\par
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_71003CE8--

pcnetsecurity@gmail.com =?UTF-8?B?QXNzaXN0w6puY2lhIFTDqWM=?= =?UTF-8?B?bmljYSAgbWFudXRlbsOnw6M=?= =?UTF-8?B?byBkZSBjb21wdXRhZG9y?= =?UTF-8?B?ZXMgaW5mb3JtYXRpY2Eg?= =?UTF-8?B?Vml0w7NyaWEtZXMgNjc5NDA=?=
Contato: pcnetsecurity@gmail.com Contato: pcnetsecurity @ gmail.com Planos a partir de R$ 250,00 . Assist�ncia T�cnica Prestamos assist�ncia t�cnica nos computadores de sua empresa ou resid�ncia, e tamb�m possu�mos uma equipe qualificada para fazer a manuten��o no pr�prio local. - Contratos de Suporte e Manuten��o Reduza os custos de sua empresa com solicita��es de visitas t�cnicas para seus computadores, elaboramos um contrato de manuten��o integrado para sua empresa onde disponibilizamos: t�cnicos, equipamentos de suporte e substitui��o, e atendimento no hor�rio comercial ou ...

problem in upgrading to crm 4.0
Hi All I am facing following error while upgrading to CRM 4.0 Setup requires sql server reporting services 2005 hotfix to create reporting services role When I click on details of the error I get following message "There is a cumulative hotfix available ".. when I go to the links I get lot of hot fix but nothing above description. Has anybody faced the same issue I have also upgraded windows 2003 Small business server to windows 2003 small business server 2003 r2. Please advice regards Rakesh Agarwal see this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947061/en-us -- Regards, MS C...

6.0 and 7.0 compatibility
I am trying to use the same source code to build exes in both Visual 6.0 and Visual.Net, but I get a ton of warning messages in VS.NET because some methods like GetLength in the CFile object now returns a ULONGLONG. Is there anyway to get around these warning messages and still use the same source code? Thanks Disable the warnings via #pragma WTH "steve ulbert" <sulbert@emirj.com> wrote in message news:290d01c33f39$b741e2a0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to use the same source code to build exes in > both Visual 6.0 and Visual.Net, but I get a ton of warnin...

Publisher 2000 #8
When i start up publisher the page area shows as a blueish tint and all surrounding areas are fuschia like color. When i click on a text or picture frame took and drag the mouse arrow drags behind it and image as if i was in a paint mode or something. Opening existing files are ok. Uninstalled and reinstalled and sme problem. Any help on this problem would be appreciated greatly. Norm After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Norm <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > When i start up publisher the page area shows as a > blueish tint and...

=?Utf-8?B?2YPZitmB2YrYqSDYudmF2YQg2YXZitiy2KfZhtmK2Ycg2KrZgtiv2YrYsdmK2Yc=?= =?Utf-8?B?INmE2KrZiNi42YrZgSDYudiv2K8g2KfZg9io2LEg2YXZhiDYp9mE2YXZiNi4?= =?Utf-8?B?2YHZitmGINmI2KfZhNi52KfYptivINmF2YY=?=

publisher 97 #8
I have installed MS Publisher 97 on my machine running Windows ME but every time I try to run the program I get the following error message - "Can't load Custom Control DLL.'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSPUBG40.VBX" and the program locks up. I have tried repairing the program in Add and Remove programs in control panel and have unistalled it and reinstalled it - all without success. Is there a way to overcome this problem? Rename the MSPUBG40.VBX to MSPUBG40.old and drag a new instance from your CD. Be sure the file is in the c:\windows\system folder. If the VBX file is damage...

Help #8
I upgraded windows and when i re-installed outlook, i lost all my messages and my address book. I really want to get these back. Is there any way to get them? Please help me if you can. Thank you ...

pcnetsecurity@gmail.com =?UTF-8?B?QXNzaXN0w6puY2lhIFTDqWM=?= =?UTF-8?B?bmljYSAgbWFudXRlbsOnw6M=?= =?UTF-8?B?byBkZSBjb21wdXRhZG9y?= =?UTF-8?B?ZXMgaW5mb3JtYXRpY2Eg?= =?UTF-8?B?Vml0w7NyaWEtZXMgNDMzNzk=?=
Contato: pcnetsecurity@gmail.com Contato: pcnetsecurity @ gmail.com Planos a partir de R$ 250,00 . Assist�ncia T�cnica Prestamos assist�ncia t�cnica nos computadores de sua empresa ou resid�ncia, e tamb�m possu�mos uma equipe qualificada para fazer a manuten��o no pr�prio local. - Contratos de Suporte e Manuten��o Reduza os custos de sua empresa com solicita��es de visitas t�cnicas para seus computadores, elaboramos um contrato de manuten��o integrado para sua empresa onde disponibilizamos: t�cnicos, equipamentos de suporte e substitui��o, e atendimento no hor�rio comercial ou ...

Dilma Roussef =?UTF-8?B?bsOjbyBhY3I=?= =?UTF-8?B?ZWRpdGE=?= =?UTF-8?B?IGVtIERFVQ==?= =?UTF-8?B?UyA1MTU=?= =?UTF-8?B?NzY=?=
Se voce acredita em tudo que a candidata fala por ai , veja o video que comprova que ela nao acredita em DEUS, cuidado ao jogar o seu voto no lixo! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24fqyh-kvvk Dilma Roussef n�o acredita em DEUS Dilma Roussef n�o acredita em DEUS Dilma Roussef n�o acredita em DEUS Dilma Roussef n�o acredita em DEUS Dilma Roussef n�o acredita em DEUS Dilma Roussef n�o acredita em DEUS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24fqyh-kvvk sttQqSeEtwvC.kasUVvEaL?iB ...

pcnetsecurity@gmail.com =?UTF-8?B?QXNzaXN0w6puY2lhIFTDqWM=?= =?UTF-8?B?bmljYSAgbWFudXRlbsOnw6M=?= =?UTF-8?B?byBkZSBjb21wdXRhZG9y?= =?UTF-8?B?ZXMgaW5mb3JtYXRpY2Eg?= =?UTF-8?B?Vml0w7NyaWEtZXMgMDEzNzk=?=
Contato: pcnetsecurity@gmail.com Contato: pcnetsecurity @ gmail.com Planos a partir de R$ 250,00 . Assist�ncia T�cnica Prestamos assist�ncia t�cnica nos computadores de sua empresa ou resid�ncia, e tamb�m possu�mos uma equipe qualificada para fazer a manuten��o no pr�prio local. - Contratos de Suporte e Manuten��o Reduza os custos de sua empresa com solicita��es de visitas t�cnicas para seus computadores, elaboramos um contrato de manuten��o integrado para sua empresa onde disponibilizamos: t�cnicos, equipamentos de suporte e substitui��o, e atendimento no hor�rio comercial ou ...

LDAP #8
When I start outlook a screen pops up about LDAP directory. I have no idea what this is, but I can't move further into outlook unless I press OK or cancel to this screen. It didn't use to do this. Why is it doing so now and how can I turn it off? Tanel <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I start outlook a screen pops up about LDAP directory. I have no > idea what this is, but I can't move further into outlook unless I > press OK or cancel to this screen. It didn't use to do this. Why is > it doing so now and how can I turn it off? You need...

Accessing CRM 4.0 from another machine
Thanks for any help in advance... I have successfully installed CRM on the server using port 5555. I can access it from the local machine using HTTP://localhost:5555 without issues. For some reason, I am unable to connect to that instance from any other machine on the network. Ultimately I would like to access the instance over the internet so our disconnected sales team can work with it, but for now I'd be happy to access it from the network, or for VPN clients. I have tried http://<MACHINENAME>:5555, as well as the IP address approach. Our network engineer has opened port...

Upgrade Questions #2
Currently GP 9.0 is running with SQL 2000 MSDE. We have a new computer to move GP to and run with SQL 2005 MSDE. I am debating how I should proceed with this task. The existing computer will not run SQL 2005 MSDE whic is one reason why we purchased a new computer. Should I install SQL 2000 MSDE and GP 9 on the new computer then upgrade to 2005 or is there a way to restore the database? -- Jean Jean, Take a look at KB article 878449 which explains in great detail the steps necessary to move GP from one server to another. I would suggest, if you haven't done so yet, to download ...

Sorting #8
I would like to randomly sort a list of numbers, from 1 to 60. I can't use a random number creation because I want no duplicates. I need only numbers from 1 through 60 randomly sorted without duplication and the ability to sort again with a different result Thanks Put 1 to 60 in A1:A60 in B1:B60, put =rand() then sort A1:A60 by column B. Hit F9 to recalc and then sort again and you've got a second list. DAve Goodwin wrote: > > I would like to randomly sort a list of numbers, from 1 to 60. I can't use a random number creation because I want no duplicates. I need only ...

GP 8.0 Cards
We are running version 8.0. After starting up GP and several other applications and working for some time I have noticed now that when I select "Cards" instead of the normal drop down choices of System , Financial , Sales etc etc it just shows one choice called Find ???? Nothing happens when you select this Find and if I shut down GP and then go back in the Cards menu is back to it's normal self ?? I have noticed this 3 or 4 times in the last couple of weeks but have never seen this before ?? Any thoughts ?? ------=_NextPart_0001_5016B0C8 Content-Type: text/plain Conte...

CRM 3.0 Outlook client doesn't appear to synchronize behind the sc
It appears that, while the CRM 3.0 client for Outlook should be synching behind the scenes, it is not. Explicit requests to synch still must be made from the Outlook interface. Furthermore, when the the client finds itself unexpectedly without connection to the CRM server, the date that is reflected in the message box that pops up confirms that the data you will be using offline is data that is from the last explicit synch date. Can someone confirm/deny/advise on this? It sounds like there is either missing functionality or more setup steps for the client or server. Thanks. Hi Bill...

OWA #8
Can somebody help me with this problem. We are running Exchange 5.5 on NT 4.0 and also using Outlook Web Aecces. However, in Outlook Web Access, we can read emails, but when we try to reply, the screen closes out and does not give the chance to do so. Is there a fix for this. Thanks. ...

unable to reactivate a legitimate Office 2007 after upgrading to W
I've purchased a new Student license of Office 2007. I insalled the software on my Vista new machine, all worked fine. However, and after upgrading the machine from Vista to Win7 I was un able to re-activate the software online, or via the call centre. Basically the call centre says that the code that I have generated by MS office (prompted by the software to quote for the call centre). I've un installed MS office completly and the free version provided by the PC Win7. Re-installed Office 2007 and still ahve the same probelm Could anyone help please Thanks So ...

What happened to Sales Quota Reporting in 3.0?
What came of the sales quotas reports in 3.0? I know Microsoft pared down the reporting for the new release, but without reports, the sales quotas don't have much relevent use. Is there any consideration being made to convert 1.2 reports to 3.0 reporting service reports? Hi Luke, You are right that we do not currently have any reports on quota in v3. This is on our list of features for the next version. Thanks, Wan Li ---- Wan Li Zhu Program Manager Microsoft Dynamics CRM http://www.microsoft.com/crm "Luke" wrote: > What came of the sales quotas reports in 3.0? ...

upgrading to 2002 or 2003
I'm currently using win 98SE and MSPub2000. Is it true that I need to upgrade my Windows to upgrade my Publisher? What are the exact requirements? Thanks If you can still find a copy of Pub 2002, you can run that on Win 98. Whether your hardware meets the specs........ Pub 2002: Pentium 133 megahertz (MHz) or higher processor; Pentium III recommended MemoryRAM requirements depend upon the operating system used: Windows 98, or Windows 98 Second Edition: 24 MB of RAM, plus an additional 8 MB of RAM for Publisher Windows Me, or Microsoft Windows NT�: 32 MB of RAM, plus an addit...

Password #8
We have one file that is password protected. I need to access the file, however I can not, because the password saved is not the password I am using. Is there any way at all that I can overwrite the password to access the file? Hi try searching Goole for 'Excel password remover' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Tami" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4dd801c490f9$a1272490$a601280a@phx.gbl... > We have one file that is password protected. I need to > access the file, however I can not, because the password > sa...

CRM 3.0 Small Business Edition 90 day trial license
Does anyone know if Microsoft can extend the 90 day trial license? Has anyone done this before? One more question. Can you let the trial license expire before entering the purchased license key or do you have to enter the purchased license key BEFORE the trial license expires? Hi: Yes the trial license can be upgraded to a production license. It would probably be easier to upgrade the license before the trial runs out but you might be able to use deployment manager after that happens. I cannot say for sure as I have never seen this scenario. -- John. Microsoft Principal Architect ...

Outlook Express 6.0 Win XP #2
How do I make a back-up of my messages on outlook express to burn on a CD ? Thanks ...

Recurring bills in GP 8.0
I need someone to advise me on how to enter and post recurring bills as in utilities. I do not want to have to enter a bill each month and then go back and do a manual payment is there an easier way? Thank you, Shelly ...

Problems with VC++ 6.0
Hi, I have a quick question, this may not be the right place to post it but I have no idea where else to post this so here goes: With VC++6.0 I've have this problem where I can access a list of member functions through the interface for one control, but am unable to do this for another control I added a few weeks later... What I'm talking about is the automatic list that pops up if you for example type 'm_control1.' it works on the 'old' controls but not on the 'new' ones, even though I cannot see the difference between them...I Have for example: //{{AFX...