2008 Server Remote Apps

Is anyone using 2008 Server RemoteApps for Great Plains yet?
I'm looking for some tips and tricks on getting GP10 working as a remote app
on 2008 Server. I have GP loaded and have been testing it out with various
users.

What is the best way to give each RemoteApp user their own dex.ini?
or
Is there a way to blank out the "Last User" in the login screen?

Also, when you export a smartlist to Excel, it spins up the Excel loaded on
the server. Is there a way to re-direct that to the local Excel or at least
have the save destination set to the users local drive instead of the
2008Server drive?

0
DavidF (157)

David

If You are a Microsoft partner, You can also post your question on Microsoft
Dynamics GP Partner Forum and see if other folks have answers

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/partnerdynamicsgp/threads

Thanks
Janakiram M.P.
MCP-GP

"davidf." wrote:

> Is anyone using 2008 Server RemoteApps for Great Plains yet?
> I'm looking for some tips and tricks on getting GP10 working as a remote app
> on 2008 Server. I have GP loaded and have been testing it out with various
> users.
>
> What is the best way to give each RemoteApp user their own dex.ini?
> or
> Is there a way to blank out the "Last User" in the login screen?
>
> Also, when you export a smartlist to Excel, it spins up the Excel loaded on
> the server. Is there a way to re-direct that to the local Excel or at least
> have the save destination set to the users local drive instead of the
> 2008Server drive?

0
janakirammp (688)
6/8/2009 10:41:01 AM
I searched there and the question hasn't been raised. Many of the names there
I recognize from here.

So I'm still not having much luck with this issue. I tried the named printer
steps from David Musgrave's blog but it didn't really work - or maybe I did
it wrong.

I tried adding %HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%\Dex.ini to the command line arguments
in Remote App properties setting up a RDP connection but launching GP with
that crashes.

What I'm trying to accomplish is a fairly streamlined way to deploy GP as a
Remote App on a 2008 server. I need to have it where GP will pick up the
user's default printer.

Surely someone else has successfully moved over to 2008 server Remote Apps..

"Janakiram M.P." wrote:

> David
>
> If You are a Microsoft partner, You can also post your question on Microsoft
> Dynamics GP Partner Forum and see if other folks have answers
>
> http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/partnerdynamicsgp/threads
>
> Thanks
> Janakiram M.P.
> MCP-GP
>
> "davidf." wrote:
>
> > Is anyone using 2008 Server RemoteApps for Great Plains yet?
> > I'm looking for some tips and tricks on getting GP10 working as a remote app
> > on 2008 Server. I have GP loaded and have been testing it out with various
> > users.
> >
> > What is the best way to give each RemoteApp user their own dex.ini?
> > or
> > Is there a way to blank out the "Last User" in the login screen?
> >
> > Also, when you export a smartlist to Excel, it spins up the Excel loaded on
> > the server. Is there a way to re-direct that to the local Excel or at least
> > have the save destination set to the users local drive instead of the
> > 2008Server drive?

0
DavidF (157)
8/13/2009 8:37:06 PM
I'm not sure how different it is with Remote Apps, but in our Terminal
Server environment, we use redirected folders and put a copy of the
dex.ini in the users\Windows folder. Once you remove the dex.ini form
the GP load point it will look in the users\Windows folder for the
file. So each time it fires up, it will have their own last login.
Maybe you can do similar with Remote Apps.

G.A.

On Aug 13, 3:37=A0pm, davidf. <dav...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I searched there and the question hasn't been raised. Many of the names t=
here
> I recognize from here.
>
> So I'm still not having much luck with this issue. I tried the named prin=
ter
> steps from David Musgrave's blog but it didn't really work - or maybe I d=
id
> it wrong.
>
> I tried adding %HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%\Dex.ini to the command line argument=
> in Remote App properties setting up a RDP connection but launching GP wit=
> that crashes.
>
> What I'm trying to accomplish is a fairly streamlined way to deploy GP as=
> Remote App on a 2008 server. I need to have it where GP will pick up the
> user's default printer.
>
> Surely someone else has successfully moved over to 2008 server Remote App=
s..

> "Janakiram M.P." wrote:
> > David
>
> > If You are a Microsoft partner, You can also post your question on Micr=
osoft
> > Dynamics GP Partner Forum and see if other folks have answers
>
> >http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/partnerdynamicsgp/threads
>
> > Thanks
> > Janakiram M.P.
> > MCP-GP
>
> > "davidf." wrote:
>
> > > Is anyone using 2008 Server RemoteApps for Great Plains yet?
> > > I'm looking for some tips and tricks on getting GP10 working as a rem=
ote app
> > > on 2008 Server. I have GP loaded and have been testing it out with va=
rious
> > > users.
>
> > > What is the best way to give each RemoteApp user their own dex.ini?
> > > or
> > > Is there a way to blank out the "Last User" in the login screen?
>
> > > Also, when you export a smartlist to Excel, it spins up the Excel loa=
ded on
> > > the server. Is there a way to re-direct that to the local Excel or at=
 least
> > > have the save destination set to the users local drive instead of the
> > > 2008Server drive?- Hide quoted text -

glasseigne (74)
8/14/2009 2:42:58 PM
Thanks, I tried renaming the dex.ini on the server but when launching GP it
re-creates one.

"TooMuchFun4Me" wrote:

> I'm not sure how different it is with Remote Apps, but in our Terminal
> Server environment, we use redirected folders and put a copy of the
> dex.ini in the users\Windows folder. Once you remove the dex.ini form
> the GP load point it will look in the users\Windows folder for the
> file. So each time it fires up, it will have their own last login.
> Maybe you can do similar with Remote Apps.
>
> G.A.
>
> On Aug 13, 3:37 pm, davidf. <dav...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > I searched there and the question hasn't been raised. Many of the names there
> > I recognize from here.
> >
> > So I'm still not having much luck with this issue. I tried the named printer
> > steps from David Musgrave's blog but it didn't really work - or maybe I did
> > it wrong.
> >
> > I tried adding %HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%\Dex.ini to the command line arguments
> > in Remote App properties setting up a RDP connection but launching GP with
> > that crashes.
> >
> > What I'm trying to accomplish is a fairly streamlined way to deploy GP as a
> > Remote App on a 2008 server. I need to have it where GP will pick up the
> > user's default printer.
> >
> > Surely someone else has successfully moved over to 2008 server Remote Apps..
> >

> > "Janakiram M.P." wrote:
> > > David
> >
> > > If You are a Microsoft partner, You can also post your question on Microsoft
> > > Dynamics GP Partner Forum and see if other folks have answers
> >
> > >http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/partnerdynamicsgp/threads
> >
> > > Thanks
> > > Janakiram M.P.
> > > MCP-GP

DavidF (157)
8/17/2009 8:00:01 PM
Yes, same things happens on the terminal sever if there there is not a

On Aug 17, 3:00=A0pm, davidf. <dav...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Thanks, I tried renaming the dex.ini on the server but when launching GP =
it
> re-creates one.
>

> "TooMuchFun4Me" wrote:
> > I'm not sure how different it is with Remote Apps, but in our Terminal
> > Server environment, we use redirected folders and put a copy of the
> > dex.ini in the users\Windows folder. Once you remove the dex.ini form
> > the GP load point it will look in the users\Windows folder for the
> > file. So each time it fires up, it will have their own last login.
> > Maybe you can do similar with Remote Apps.
>
> > G.A.
>
> > On Aug 13, 3:37 pm, davidf. <dav...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > > I searched there and the question hasn't been raised. Many of the nam=
es there
> > > I recognize from here.
>
> > > So I'm still not having much luck with this issue. I tried the named =
printer
> > > steps from David Musgrave's blog but it didn't really work - or maybe=
 I did
> > > it wrong.
>
> > > I tried adding %HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%\Dex.ini to the command line argu=
ments
> > > in Remote App properties setting up a RDP connection but launching GP=
 with
> > > that crashes.
>
> > > What I'm trying to accomplish is a fairly streamlined way to deploy G=
P as a
> > > Remote App on a 2008 server. I need to have it where GP will pick up =
the
> > > user's default printer.
>
> > > Surely someone else has successfully moved over to 2008 server Remote=
 Apps..

Microsoft

glasseigne (74)
8/17/2009 8:23:06 PM
Still doesn't work. Tried with dex.ini in \\servername\users\username\
and \\servername\users\username\WINDOWS.
Still get the message 'Invalid Launch File'

Thanks for the suggestion though.

DavidF.

"TooMuchFun4Me" wrote:

> Yes, same things happens on the terminal sever if there there is not a
> dex.ini in the users\windows folder.
>
> On Aug 17, 3:00 pm, davidf. <dav...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > Thanks, I tried renaming the dex.ini on the server but when launching GP it
> > re-creates one.
> >

> > "TooMuchFun4Me" wrote:
> > > I'm not sure how different it is with Remote Apps, but in our Terminal
> > > Server environment, we use redirected folders and put a copy of the
> > > dex.ini in the users\Windows folder. Once you remove the dex.ini form
> > > the GP load point it will look in the users\Windows folder for the
> > > file. So each time it fires up, it will have their own last login.
> > > Maybe you can do similar with Remote Apps.
> >
> > > G.A.

DavidF (157)
8/18/2009 3:10:01 AM
Not trying to beat the dead horse, but I realized my response was not
too clear. There can be no dex.ini in the GP load point, and there
must be one in the \\servername\users\username\WINDOWS (assuming you
are doing folder redireciton). GP will look in the load point for the
dex.ini file first. If one exists, it uses it.

I know Remote Apps is a bit different how it deals with folder
redirection and such.

On Aug 17, 10:10=A0pm, davidf. <dav...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Still doesn't work. Tried with dex.ini in \\servername\users\username\
> and \\servername\users\username\WINDOWS.
> Still get the message 'Invalid Launch File'
>
> Thanks for the suggestion though.
>
> DavidF.
>

> "TooMuchFun4Me" wrote:
> > Yes, same things happens on the terminal sever if there there is not a
> > dex.ini in the users\windows folder.
>
> > On Aug 17, 3:00 pm, davidf. <dav...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > > Thanks, I tried renaming the dex.ini on the server but when launching=
 GP it
> > > re-creates one.

glasseigne (74)
8/18/2009 2:14:24 PM
This is way late to help you, but I'm in mid implementation now for GP
10 on TS 2008 remoteapp.  I can't make the local office work either,
but here's the solution to the unique dex.ini issue.

Don't publish GP but a batch file that does the launch of GP on the
TS.
Pass the dex.ini parameter via user profile into the launch:

start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics\GP\Dynamics.exe"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics\GP\Dynamics.set"
"%userprofile%\DynamicsGP\Dex.ini"

Create the DynamicsGP folder and dex.ini file in each users profile on
the server
If this is not there, they end up with the common one.  If it is there
they all have their own used.

Steve Puluka
http://puluka.com/home

0
spuluka (2)
10/5/2009 7:09:22 PM
Thanks Steve,
I just tried this and I believe it will work. Thanks a lot!

DavidF.

"spuluka" wrote:

> This is way late to help you, but I'm in mid implementation now for GP
> 10 on TS 2008 remoteapp.  I can't make the local office work either,
> but here's the solution to the unique dex.ini issue.
>
> Don't publish GP but a batch file that does the launch of GP on the
> TS.
> Pass the dex.ini parameter via user profile into the launch:
>
> start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics\GP\Dynamics.exe"
> "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics\GP\Dynamics.set"
> "%userprofile%\DynamicsGP\Dex.ini"
>
> Create the DynamicsGP folder and dex.ini file in each users profile on
> the server
> If this is not there, they end up with the common one.  If it is there
> they all have their own used.
>
> Steve Puluka
> http://puluka.com/home

0
DavidF (157)

MDI app not responding to taskbar commands
Hi, I have an MDI application that is not responding to some of the taskbar commands. It worked before, but I removed the title bar and menu bar and it stopped. I have these lines in my CMainFrame::PreCreateWindow(): cs.style = WS_POPUP | WS_THICKFRAME | WS_SYSMENU | WS_MAXIMIZEBOX | WS_MINIMIZEBOX | WS_CLIPCHILDREN; cs.cx = 1024; cs.cy = 768; The app is maximized when it starts up. If I do Cascade Windows, Tile Windows Vertically, or Tile Windows Horizontally from the taskbar, then the app is restored to default size (1024x768) and is not positioned correctly. It doe...

GP 10 and Terminial Server 2008
My customer is having issues with GP 10 sp4 and Terminal Server 2008. Whenever they are in one of the Navigation panes (Purchasing) and they choose an option in the navigation Pane other than the PURCHASING (ie VENDORS) they are kicked out of GP. Has anyone come across this? ...

Win 2008 R2 backup
I am trying to schedule a system state backup to a network share using Windows Server Backup (Win 2008 R2). The backup runs fine when it's run manually, but it does not run when it's scheduled. Is there something I am overlooking or is it a problem with Win 2008? In article <eot2bZa1KHA.264@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>, steve@nothing.ork says... > > I am trying to schedule a system state backup to a network share using > Windows Server Backup (Win 2008 R2). The backup runs fine when it's run > manually, but it does not run when it's scheduled. Is ...

SBS 2008 std and Sql Server 2008 std question
SBS2008 came with Windows Server std 2008 and Sql Server std 2008. I installed SBS2008. I installed Windows Server 2008. I joined Windows Server 2008 to the SBS 2008 domain with a regular user account (I had to make a regular user account in SBS2008 so that when I joined the Windows Server 2008 to it, I would be able to install SQL Server 2008) I then installed SQL Server 2008. My question is this. Do I have to continue to login on Windows Server 2008 as a regular user or can I login to it as the administrator? If I do, will that affect my domain connection to SBS2008? Also, wil...

Best practice for backing up dpm server c drive
When I try to back up this 64 bit Windows 2008 server using Windows Backup I get the following: DpmWriter service encountered an error during PrepareBackup as more than one component is selected for backup in the same snapshot set. Select a single DPM replica for backup and try the operation again. Backin up system state manually gives the same error. Kal ...

upgrade path from 2008 home to 2008 full
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel hello, Is there an upgrade path to the full version of office 2008 from the home version or am I stuck with the three licenses I have of 'home'. I need exchange access in entourage and notice I need the full version of office to gain that functionality. In the upgrade eligibilty notes for the full version I dont see any info regarding the home edition. thanks in advance, scott On 3/13/08 1:11 PM, in article ee93c4a.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "slowden@officeformac.com" <slowden@officeformac.com> ...

Public Folder Replication Reminder
Hi, I am posting this in the hope that I can confirm how public folders are replicated between two Exchange 2000 servers, which are installed in the same Exchange 2000 organisation, administrative group and routing group. Up to this point, we have had only a single Exchange server, but I have now been forced to install a second Exchange server within the same organsation, administrative and routing group as the single server is on it's last legs. I have only the default Public Folder Tree in operation and both my servers have Public Folder stores configured and mounted. I need to ...

How to transfer Outlook files to new user installation or file server?
I have created a new Windows XP account and I want to transfer the the Outlook email files from the old logins to the new login. I have copied the Outlook pst files from the old accounts folder to the new accounts folder, but when I open Outlook the mail contents are there but it seems that Outlook does not remember the old email account details. Is there a way to transfer the email accounts details as well? The previous email accounts are still there with the original mailboxes in the old logins, only the email account details not coming over. It appears that they are not stored with the...

server and client threads
I wanted to ping the group and see if anyone else has any input on how to handle the following. I have a server thread which starts a new background thread when a connection is accepted on a socket. What I want to understand is what is the best way to track the spawned threads so that when the user goes to shutdown the application, we know how many active child connections are running and we can terminate them prior to the application being stopped. TIA Chris On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 12:44:57 -0500, chris cranford <chris.cranford@tkdsoftware.com> wrote: >I wanted to ping the grou...

Store Operations Business Rules Error
I am having a problem with POS registers recently. Since the last 3 days, when the cashiers log-in to the POS in the morning, the system does not allow them entry (after a minute freeze) and displays the following error message: Store Operations Business Rules ! Error # -2147217871 Timeout expired (Source: Microsoft OLE DP Provide for SQL Server) (Native Error:0) No Help File Available UPDATECashier SET Failed logon Attempts=0 WHERE Number =? When I click on ��OK�� then I get the following message: X Server Failure 135 A server failure occurred while attempting to read Cashier Error #...

SQL 2005 to SQL 2008
Can a 2005 SQL DB located on a Windows 2003 R2 (32 bit) server be moved to a Windows 2008 R2 (64 bit) server? Will the database have to be converted to do this? Thanks, John John, Your Subject and your question details seem slightly out of synch, but here goes: 1. (To the question) SQL Server databases are not server bit aware, so the disk image is the same in 32-bit and 64-bit whether on Windows 2003 or Windows 2008. 2. (To the Subject:) If you move a database from SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008, the database will be upgraded by the SQL Server 2008 serve...

migrating sbs 2008 to sbs 2008
Dear all, is there any way to migrate from an sbs 2008 to an fresh sbs 2008 this question because there is many errors occured with our sbs 2008 impossible to make any new group for receive mails impossible to backup with windows (VSS errors) and some others errors due to misusages of this server Thanks in advance for responses. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002B_01CABEB9.41C9C590 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable sure, it's essentially the same as the sbs 20...

Word 2008 visual display is outdated.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I bought this mac last year in august for college. Im not sure what kind of processor it has, but it's the macbook pro. We got the new microsoft, and everything has been fine with it - absolutely no problems. However, I noticed that my visual set up, like what it actually looks like when it is opened, looks like the old version. The new version - which I've used at home and on my home computer, which I used the exact SAME microsoft package for - is not on my mac. The one with the brighter colors and the new tabs and different ...

BranchOffice Server 2008 under SBS2003
Hi Team: At HeadOffice (HO) have an SBS 2003 premium setup in 2 NIC configuration connecting to the ADSL Modem (8MB down, 1 MB up) since 2007. Have all the apps, except ISA, installed and working good. Need to set-up a Server 2008 in branch office (BO) ADSL (10MB Down, 2 MBup), 10-15 Users. Help suggestions/ thoughts/ step by step/ documentation/ recommendations/ links will be gratly appreciated. Thanks Kaloo On 9/11/2010 9:18 AM, Mohindar wrote: > Hi Team: > > At HeadOffice (HO) have an SBS 2003 premium setup in 2 NIC configuration > connecting to the A...

Exchange Server 5.5 service pack 4 error
I've tried to load service pack 4 on my Server and I'm getting an error of ID no 0x002042c I don't know what might be causing the error. Need help if anyone can please advise. Thanks Could you please post the whole error? Thanks -- Martin Blackstone MVP - Exchange http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq_appxc.htm "Brian" <brian.flanders@lackland.af.mil> wrote in message news:082a01c3c99b$ce9cc400$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I've tried to load service pack 4 on my Server and > I'm getting an error of ID no 0x0020...

GP 9 and SQL 2008
Can the GP 9 database be moved form a SQL 2005 to SQL 2008 server? I also am using Business Portal and FRx. We are moving from GP 9 to v2010 and figured I can move the database to the new SQL 2008 server prior to doing the upgrade in a few months. GP 9.0 is not supported on SQL Server 2008 and there have been some reported issues running GP 9.0 on SQL 2008. Unless there is absolutely no choice, I would recommend waiting until your upgrade to GP 2010 to go to SQL 2008. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP (2005 - 2010) Want to run Crystal and SSRS reports from GP? http://www...

Server 2008 R2 offsite backup copy question
Hello! I recently set up my first 2008 server for a client (it is 2008 R2). While deciding the best method of doing her backups so she can have local/offsite backups, I currently have the 2008 backup going to a shared folder on her primary server (unfortunately **still** SBS 2000...yes, you read that correctly!), which is then backed up by Backup Exec to tape along with everything else on the SBS 2000 server. She takes the tapes off site every day. I'd prefer to have the 2008 back up to USB or NAS disk, then copy to another USB for offsite backups, swapping out the seco...

Money 2008 order
Hi I live in canada and i would like to buy the Money plus deluxe 2008 where from the microsoft site i can order? In microsoft.public.money, Luc wrote: > > >I live in canada and i would like to buy the Money plus deluxe 2008 > >where from the microsoft site i can order? There is no longer a Canadian specific product. Canadians can actually use any version. They will get Canadian banks, they just won't get other Canadian specific info (taxes, RRSP vs 401k, etc). If they use a US term such as IRA, they can parallel many of the functions. I expect this will be some pr...

����� Windows, Office, Server
����� Windows <br>����� Windows, Office, Server � ������ ������������ �� Microsoft ������ �� �-���� tehnyk2@mail.ru 'Windows' (http://www.start-m.ru/dwPage9.htm),'Office' (http://www.start-m.ru/dwPage9.htm),'Server' (http://www.start-m.ru/dwPage9.htm) ����� ��������, ������������, �� ������ (�����, ������,��������). -- tehnyk3 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ tehnyk3's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36455 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=562...

accessing remote print queue #2
Hi, I've to get the queue details from the remote printers in the network.How can I identify those automatically and get the details of those using vc++? I know how to do this for the local printer n its not working if I give "\\\\servername\\printer name". I tried EnumPrinters() also but its working for PRINTER_ENUM_NETWORK n _REMOTE with PRINTER_INFO_1 structure only n this structure is not giving the printer name for NT systems. So,pls help me as the submission date for my module is nearing by. Pls reply me asap. Thank you verymuch in advance. Regards, Rayudu. ...

MAIL Receiving and Sending working through one ISA server but not with another ISA server
The following error occurs: Task 'Account Name - recieving' reported error (0x800ccc0f): " The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet Service Provider (ISP)." I have 2 ISA Servers in my environment, both work independently with two seperate ISPs. When i try to send/recieve email by configuring the firewall client to the 1st ISA server everything goes well no issues. But once i switch to the other ISA server the above error occurs. Testing account settings fails as well for both sending and recievin...

Outlook 2002 looking for a Decommisioned Exchange 5.5 server
Hi, Just Migrated our mail to a new Exchange 2000 server in a new domain and decommisioned our old email server. We have been having problems with out Outlook clients still looking for the old email server. We setup all new profiles and deleted the old ones on the outlook clients we migrated over to the new mail server. Any thoughts on what I can change to stop outlook from looking for the old server? Thanks in advance. Sam ...

removal of an exchange 2003 server and associated mailboxes
I am looking for some input on a problem I have with removing an exchange 2003 server from an organization. The organization got rid of a remote office and it's employees (only about 15). instead of moving thoer accounts to the main exchange server they left them on the remote server. the remote server has been off for a while but their mailboxes and accounts still point to it. I cannot delete their accounts becuse it says it can't access the information store- which is true. If I delete the server where will their accounts point to? How can I remove both the accounts and ther serv...

Sql server 2008 will not install on extra Windows 2008 server that comes with SBS 2008
Installed Windows server 2008 std server that came with sbs 2008 premium. I joined the sbs2008 domain. Install Sql Server 2008 and it says: I hit the send button by accident so I'm replying to my own post. Installed Windows server 2008 std server that came with sbs 2008 premium. I joined the sbs2008 domain. Installed Sql Server 2008 and it says: Rule "Operating system supported for edition" failed. This SQL Server edition is not supported on this operating system. See SQL Server Books Online for information about supported operating systems for SQL Small Busin...

transform xml from client to server
Hello, I am using .net. I need to transfer table data of an html (client) to the server. I don't know if best thing to do is (and correct me if I'm wrong) : 1) translate the table to xml code via javascript. 2) use the xml text as a parameter send to web-service. * First thing I want to know, is how can I translate the table to xml code, since the following code is wrong, and I don't understand why : var i; var j; var myXML; var currRow; var currCell; var currControl; var newnode; var newText; var currControlLen; myXML = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLD...