.Net

I see that the next version, I think version 7, of Solomon is going to be
written in .Net.  Are there any plans to rewrite Great Plains in .Net?

--
Picine Karppehd
VB.Net & SQLServer Developer

Hi

There is a Blogs by Satya explaining the future plans for MBS products.
Here is the link

http://blogs.msdn.com/satyanadella

You can keep track of any MBS news from MBS community website

http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/default.aspx

and  http://www.jasonhartman.net/

Regards

James

"Picine Karppehd" <PicineKarppehd@hotmail.com.(donotspam)> wrote in message
>I see that the next version, I think version 7, of Solomon is going to be
> written in .Net.  Are there any plans to rewrite Great Plains in .Net?
>
> --
> Picine Karppehd
> VB.Net & SQLServer Developer

net passport
I changd my net passport and now when I enter it in money it tells me it is incorrect. ...

C#.net click event associated with database error
I would like to know what to do to solve the problem listed below: When I am debugging a C#.Net 2008 windows application and click on the 'next' button, I am getting the following error: 'An unexpected error has occurred. The 'Microsoft.jet.oledb.4.0'provider is not registered on the local machine'. I think that I may need to change some setting I have in the visual studio.net 2008 professional edition to solve this problem prior to clicking on the 'next' button. I am working on an workstation that is 64 bits, XP operating syste...

net
Dear All , Can you please help in this i'm creating excel sheet for finance purpose and i need the number appear with color for example if the net = +ve (i need it to appear with green color ) and if it is = - neg (i need to appear with red color ) any one can help me with the color thansk for your cooperations -- bn_dubai ------------------------------------------------------------------------ bn_dubai's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29568 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=492656 You can use Con...

MFC and .NET
We have a MFC application we are moving to VC 7.0 because we want to use the latest C++ compiler that comes with it. For moving to VC 7.0 we need to install the .NET framework though. My questions are, 1. Has anybody moved thier MFC application to .NET framework? Did you run into any issues? 2. What is the plan for MFC? Is there any end of life for this from Microsoft? Thanks, David I use all of my VC6 MFC apps and DLLs just fine with XP and VS.Net 2003. No need to port your code to .Net at all. WTH "David Mohandas" <david_mohandas@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ac...

Authentication between asp.net 2.0 and asp.net 1.1
I am running CRM 3.0 which is running in its own app pool for asp.net 1.1. I've added a virtual directory under the CRM website which runs under a different app pool for asp.net 2.0. This is where I put my custom web pages. Both app pools are running under the NETWORK SERVICE account. Both the CRM website and the virtual directory has windows authentication. My question is why I am prompted to enter my credential when I access the custom page through CRM the first time I access the page? Have I not already been authenticated? Hmm not sure whether this can help. Are you sure you put...

VB.net
Hi, I am trying to update a field in a record of a Access Database (whose structure I can not modify). I got this error (translated from italian): "Data types do not match in the expression" = "Tipi di dati non corrispondenti nell'espressione criterio." The code is the following: (myField is a binary field as on Access 2007) 'determine new value Dim newValue() As Byte = ... (valid data) 'write new attributes Dim conn As OleDbConnection = myObj.getConnection Dim cmd As OleDbComman...

SQL connection management in ASP.Net
hi, I have to create a small website in ASP.Net 2.0. I have question about working with SQL connections. What are the best practises? How and where to create and store a connection? I see a few possibilities: - create, open/close a connection on each web page - create a connection on login page and store it on Session - how to create a connection? ie. SqlConnection = new SqlConnection or System.Data.Common.DbProviderFactory factory = System.Data.Common.DbProviderFactories.GetFactory("System.Data.SqlClient"); System.Data.Common.DbConnection conn = factory.Crea...

FREE .NET EBOOKS , DOTNET TUTORIALS, CODE SNIPPETS
Visit this site u will find good .Net ebooks, .Net source code, .net tutorials and lots more for vb.net, c#.net, asp.net and other dotnet stuff. URL: www.DotNetGuide.net I don't like the site because 1) There are 3 sets of adverts on each page 2) The page is fixed with, which is very annoying. I am reading on a wide-screen laptop but find I am limited to approximately 60 characters per line, I can't read articles like that! Pete ...

xml DTD visual stdio .net 2k3 autocomplete
Hello, I'm using visual studio .net 2k3 to work with Xml intensive integration App. When I using XML /XSD based documents I get autocomplete feature but not when I use Xml /Dtd based. Somebody know How work around Thansk Alejandro P. ? <alejandropacheco@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:esj0OEWYEHA.2972@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I'm using visual studio .net 2k3 to work with Xml intensive integration > App. When I using XML /XSD based documents I get autocomplete feature but > not when I use Xml /Dtd based. Somebody know How work around > >...

ASP.Net
Hi, I have a few questions about ASP.Net, as I've been using it for a while but my knowledge of the "big picture" is patchy in some areas. Any help would be appreciated... - Where is the line between "native" language features (e.g. in JScript), and those features which are part of .Net (or whatever), common to all .Net languages? Or put another way, how are the .Net facilities "mapped" onto a particular language? (I'm sorry of this question is somewhat vague...) - In a closely-related matter, do any languages have issues accessing the full A...

Showing raw xml from memory in an asp.net page
Hi. I'd like to create an xml document on the fly and then display it in an asp.net page. I can use an iframe and point to a URL (which displays perfectly), but I'd not like to save the xml to a file (it will be built as I go along). I can use the <asp:xml> control, but I don't want to have to write the XSLT, I love the one I get for free within IFrame. Any suggestions? Thanks. Figured out the answer to my own question. I thought I'd post it in case anyone is interested... 1) Create a page with an IFrame on it. Set the src to a second page 2) On the second aspx pa...

Microsoft .Net Framework error message?
When system is booted I get a error box that pops up on the desktop screen which says. REQUIRED SYSTEM SOFTWARE NOT INSTALLED. Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 is required to continue. This software is available for free download at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/ I have all updates installed. Windows directory includes the following. C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework64\V2.0.50727\V3.0\V3.5 C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework\V2.0.50727\V3.0\V3.5 I have no clue what is going on with the error message and am very computer Literate having a Computer repair servic...

SBS 2003 SP1, CRM 3.0 and .Net updates
I updated the SBS server to .net 2.0, applied the security patches to .Net 2.0, updated to .Net 3.0. Now the Outlook 2003 cannot connect to CRM. Any ideas? ...

Net Folders #14
Does anyone have any experience with Net Folders & utilizing them to share folders where we only have internet mail accounts (i.e. we do not have an internal mail server such as MS Exchange)? I've been having problems with entries in Outlook's Calendar being multiplied--that's to say it shows up several times as if the program is replicating the entry. Microsoft has very little on troubleshooting web folders & I was wondering if anyone has experience with these. ...

Problems with WMP ActiveX Control in VS.Net
Hello I am trying to embed the Windows Media Player ActiveX control in a dialog using VS.Net. When trying at associate a variable with the control, VS.Net does not give the same options as VS6, and generates a wrapper class that doesn't have any operations(making it useless). I have tried using the wrapper classes that VS6 generates but this doesn't seem to work. after DDX_Control(pDX, IDC_PLAYER, m_wndPlayer) gets executed, m_wndPlayer's hWnd is still set to null. There are no problems when using this code with VS6. Anyone with a similar problem, or know how to fix it? Thank...

How to build WinCE.net application with vs.net 2005
Hi, VS.net 2005 can be used to create SmartPhone and PocketPC 2003 applications by using C++(MFC), but there is no an option to create the WinCE.net application that can be created by EVC4 before, is it possible to create WinCE.net application by using VS.net 2005? Thanks. Regards, ZhangZQ What do you mean? You can create apps in C#, VB or native (C/C++). What "other" type are you after? -Chris "ZhangZQ" <zhangzq71@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:esuZfFKNGHA.3728@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > VS.net 2005 can be used to create SmartPhon...

Net book value should be zero when an asset is retired
When an asset is retired and has not been fully depreciated, the net book value is calculated as cost basis less LTD depreciation. Our client believes that this is bad accounting practice. The net book value should be zero when an asset has been retired, even if it has not bee fully depreciated. I understand that when running FA reports it excludes assets with a status of retired, however, when using smartlist > fixed assets book, there is no field to filter out all assets with a status of retired. This makes it difficult for the client to correctly analyse their assets, especial...

Inquiry should show net change, beginning and ending balance.
The client would like to have an inquiry window similar to the Detail Inquiry window, but has the ability to view the Net Change, Beginning and Ending Balances on the same window. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutio...

Tools4windows.net
Hi all, I've just setup a new site dedicated to Microsoft software OS's, applications, server applications etc. This site was created to bring you news and discussions on a wide range of Microsoft products, old, new and those still under development. Please come along and have a browse, or even better - just register (it's free) and start using the discussion forums! You can discuss anything and everything that is Microsoft related - and if you have any ideas on additional forums, please let me know via the site! Enjoy! http://www.tools4windows.net Cheers, Lee ...

Form Designer in VC Net 2003 ???
sorry but I am a newbie ... Does Visual C++ Net 2003 have a form designer like Borland's C Builder ??? Is it easier to develope applicaitons with VC Net then with Borland C Builder ??? Is the form designer in VC Net more flexible and powerful then the ones in Borland C Builder ??? Hope to hear from you soon ... Andy > Does Visual C++ Net 2003 have a form designer like Borland's C Builder ??? Has a form designer, but not like Borland's C Builder. > Is it easier to develope applicaitons with VC Net then with Borland C > Builder ??? I think yes, but this is personal....

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update for .NET versions 2.0 through 3.5 (KB951847) x86
hello, this update tried to install when i logged off of my computer. apparently it failed. now, some other software that relies on the .net framework will not work. i tried to reinstall it from windows update, but i get the message below saying it was not installed Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update for .NET versions 2.0 through 3.5 (KB951847) x86-- i searched for kb951847 which i did not find anything that was helpful i have windows xp pro sp3 installed. i have no clue what to do. any help would be greatly appreciated...

.NET Wrapper for Berkeley DB XML?
Hello! Is there an existant .NET Wrapper for Sleepycat Berkeley DB XML 2.0 (see http://sleepycat.com/products/xml.shtml)? It seems to be the XML-DB of my dreams, but has only a Java-Wrapper (could this be converted to J#?) If not, could you suggest another (cheap or free) Native-XML-DB (with XQuery-Support) for .NET? -- Pascal Schmitt ...

.Net
I see that the next version, I think version 7, of Solomon is going to be written in .Net. Are there any plans to rewrite Great Plains in .Net? -- Picine Karppehd VB.Net & SQLServer Developer Hi There is a Blogs by Satya explaining the future plans for MBS products. Here is the link http://blogs.msdn.com/satyanadella You can keep track of any MBS news from MBS community website http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/default.aspx and http://www.jasonhartman.net/ Regards James "Picine Karppehd" <PicineKarppehd@hotmail.com.(donotspam)> wrote in me...

Hello?! .NET Passport problem?
I've read some other posts about this problem, but I haven't seen the answer, and I thought that if anyone in the Microsoft Universe ever bothers to read the newsgroups, they will hopefully see a recurring problem. Money tells me that my .net sign-in was unsuccessful. It's been this way for a week now. I've tried to change my .net info. When I go to the .net website, the sign-in works. When I try to tell Money to update my .net info or change my .net info, it tells me that I need to enable my browser to do cookies. But I have told my browser to accept all cookie...

Communication between COM and .NET
Hi! I have used an example on the Code project to call .NET code from COM and here it worked fine without creating a shared assembly It we have the oppsite situation calling COM from .NET is there any requirement that you must have shared assembly when you call COM from .NET. I know all about how to create a type library by using either VS or tlbimp //Tony Hello, > It we have the oppsite situation calling COM from .NET is there any > requirement that you must have shared assembly when you call COM from > .NET. This is possible but not a requirement. &...