.net Framework versions

I am installed GP 9.0 on a machine running an ATI video card that has a
driver set requiring .Net framework 2.0.

MS GP reports it needs Framework 1.1 to be installed.

Will MS GP run correctly with only 2.0 framework installed, or does it need
both?

Is there a conflict if both are installed on the same system?

Thank you,

~Nathan~
0
NDWilder (2)

I don't  know about 2.0 only. It runs fine with 1.1, 2.0 and 3.0 beta
all on the same machine.

Mark (DynamicAccounting.net)

ND Wilder wrote:
> I am installed GP 9.0 on a machine running an ATI video card that has a
> driver set requiring .Net framework 2.0.
>
> MS GP reports it needs Framework 1.1 to be installed.
>
> Will MS GP run correctly with only 2.0 framework installed, or does it need
> both?
>
> Is there a conflict if both are installed on the same system?
>
> Thank you,
>
> ~Nathan~

0
mpolino (496)
11/22/2006 2:09:38 AM
Excellent, thank you.

~N~

"Mark Polino (dynamicaccounting.net)" wrote:

> I don't  know about 2.0 only. It runs fine with 1.1, 2.0 and 3.0 beta
> all on the same machine.
>
> Mark (DynamicAccounting.net)
>
> ND Wilder wrote:
> > I am installed GP 9.0 on a machine running an ATI video card that has a
> > driver set requiring .Net framework 2.0.
> >
> > MS GP reports it needs Framework 1.1 to be installed.
> >
> > Will MS GP run correctly with only 2.0 framework installed, or does it need
> > both?
> >
> > Is there a conflict if both are installed on the same system?
> >
> > Thank you,
> >
> > ~Nathan~

0
NDWilder (2)

C#.net click event associated with database error
I would like to know what to do to solve the problem listed below: When I am debugging a C#.Net 2008 windows application and click on the 'next' button, I am getting the following error: 'An unexpected error has occurred. The 'Microsoft.jet.oledb.4.0'provider is not registered on the local machine'. I think that I may need to change some setting I have in the visual studio.net 2008 professional edition to solve this problem prior to clicking on the 'next' button. I am working on an workstation that is 64 bits, XP operating syste...

net passport
I changd my net passport and now when I enter it in money it tells me it is incorrect. ...

wanting to upgrade our version of Exchange...
We currently run in a Windows 2000 Small Business Server environment. This means we are running Exchange 2000. For many reasons, I want to move off of Exchange 2000 and upgrade to the newest version of Exchange but the dilemma is do I go with a newer version of SBS or eliminate SBS from our environemnt completely. I wonder if for the time being I could bring in a new server for a newer version of Exchange to run on and leave the exisitng Win2K SBS machine as the domain controller until I can replace or eliminate it completely. Is this even possible though since the Win2K Activ...

net
Dear All , Can you please help in this i'm creating excel sheet for finance purpose and i need the number appear with color for example if the net = +ve (i need it to appear with green color ) and if it is = - neg (i need to appear with red color ) any one can help me with the color thansk for your cooperations -- bn_dubai ------------------------------------------------------------------------ bn_dubai's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29568 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=492656 You can use Con...

MFC and .NET
We have a MFC application we are moving to VC 7.0 because we want to use the latest C++ compiler that comes with it. For moving to VC 7.0 we need to install the .NET framework though. My questions are, 1. Has anybody moved thier MFC application to .NET framework? Did you run into any issues? 2. What is the plan for MFC? Is there any end of life for this from Microsoft? Thanks, David I use all of my VC6 MFC apps and DLLs just fine with XP and VS.Net 2003. No need to port your code to .Net at all. WTH "David Mohandas" <david_mohandas@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ac...

VB.net
Hi, I am trying to update a field in a record of a Access Database (whose structure I can not modify). I got this error (translated from italian): "Data types do not match in the expression" = "Tipi di dati non corrispondenti nell'espressione criterio." The code is the following: (myField is a binary field as on Access 2007) 'determine new value Dim newValue() As Byte = ... (valid data) 'write new attributes Dim conn As OleDbConnection = myObj.getConnection Dim cmd As OleDbComman...

Authentication between asp.net 2.0 and asp.net 1.1
I am running CRM 3.0 which is running in its own app pool for asp.net 1.1. I've added a virtual directory under the CRM website which runs under a different app pool for asp.net 2.0. This is where I put my custom web pages. Both app pools are running under the NETWORK SERVICE account. Both the CRM website and the virtual directory has windows authentication. My question is why I am prompted to enter my credential when I access the custom page through CRM the first time I access the page? Have I not already been authenticated? Hmm not sure whether this can help. Are you sure you put...

Access and Excel
We distribute a MS Access (97) application which references Excel's object model to import various spreadsheet content. This works well up to and including Excel 2003. In principle would there be any major problems using the app. on a 2007 Excel file ? and if so how could this be overcome. The Access app is being re-written in Access 2007, but this will be 6-9 months down the line. Regards Howard Myers Hi Howard, You will need to test it with your app. No one here can guess exactly what is in that app and therefore won't be able to tell you if there is going to be a problem. ...

SQL connection management in ASP.Net
hi, I have to create a small website in ASP.Net 2.0. I have question about working with SQL connections. What are the best practises? How and where to create and store a connection? I see a few possibilities: - create, open/close a connection on each web page - create a connection on login page and store it on Session - how to create a connection? ie. SqlConnection = new SqlConnection or System.Data.Common.DbProviderFactory factory = System.Data.Common.DbProviderFactories.GetFactory("System.Data.SqlClient"); System.Data.Common.DbConnection conn = factory.Crea...

Installing Microsoft CDO Version 1.21s
How do I go about installing this on my Windows 2000 Pro, a 3rd party add-on tells me that I need it and I cannot find any info at Microsoft Thank You Rick >-----Original Message----- >Try this web site... > >http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp? >url=/library/en-us/dncdsys/html/cdo_roadmap.asp > >>-----Original Message----- >>How do I go about installing this on my Windows 2000 >Pro, >>a 3rd party add-on tells me that I need it and I cannot >>find any info at Microsoft >>. >> >. > ...

xml DTD visual stdio .net 2k3 autocomplete
Hello, I'm using visual studio .net 2k3 to work with Xml intensive integration App. When I using XML /XSD based documents I get autocomplete feature but not when I use Xml /Dtd based. Somebody know How work around Thansk Alejandro P. ? <alejandropacheco@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:esj0OEWYEHA.2972@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I'm using visual studio .net 2k3 to work with Xml intensive integration > App. When I using XML /XSD based documents I get autocomplete feature but > not when I use Xml /Dtd based. Somebody know How work around > >...

How do you tell if Office 2004 is a Trial Version?
I visited a elderly lady yesterday with new 24-inch iMac that she purchased from the Apple store about three months ago. Needless to say she had all kind of questions. I was going to help her with the Office 2008 update until I found she had Word 11.1 which I think is Office 2004. She really does not need to spend the money for 2008 as all she uses is Word to do is personal letters and Entourage for light email. I could not tell if she had a real version of Office 2004 or the trail version that came on the iMac. How do you tell the difference? If she only has the trial version, I will re...

FREE .NET EBOOKS , DOTNET TUTORIALS, CODE SNIPPETS
Visit this site u will find good .Net ebooks, .Net source code, .net tutorials and lots more for vb.net, c#.net, asp.net and other dotnet stuff. URL: www.DotNetGuide.net I don't like the site because 1) There are 3 sets of adverts on each page 2) The page is fixed with, which is very annoying. I am reading on a wide-screen laptop but find I am limited to approximately 60 characters per line, I can't read articles like that! Pete ...

Location and File Version of GetReferencedAssemblies()?
Hello - I would like to extract the location and file version (not assembly version) of all referenced assemblies in an assembly. The following will output the names and assembly versions (plus other information) ... Dim lAssemblyNames() As AssemblyName = [Assembly].GetExecutingAssembly.GetReferencedAssemblies For Each lAssemblyName As AssemblyName In lAssemblyNames Console.WriteLine(lAssemblyName.ToString) Next .... but I would like to get the file version and location just like for the executing assembly ... Dim lAssembly As Assembly = [Assembly].GetExecutingAssem...

ASP.Net
Hi, I have a few questions about ASP.Net, as I've been using it for a while but my knowledge of the "big picture" is patchy in some areas. Any help would be appreciated... - Where is the line between "native" language features (e.g. in JScript), and those features which are part of .Net (or whatever), common to all .Net languages? Or put another way, how are the .Net facilities "mapped" onto a particular language? (I'm sorry of this question is somewhat vague...) - In a closely-related matter, do any languages have issues accessing the full A...

Showing raw xml from memory in an asp.net page
Hi. I'd like to create an xml document on the fly and then display it in an asp.net page. I can use an iframe and point to a URL (which displays perfectly), but I'd not like to save the xml to a file (it will be built as I go along). I can use the <asp:xml> control, but I don't want to have to write the XSLT, I love the one I get for free within IFrame. Any suggestions? Thanks. Figured out the answer to my own question. I thought I'd post it in case anyone is interested... 1) Create a page with an IFrame on it. Set the src to a second page 2) On the second aspx pa...

Microsoft .Net Framework error message?
When system is booted I get a error box that pops up on the desktop screen which says. REQUIRED SYSTEM SOFTWARE NOT INSTALLED. Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 is required to continue. This software is available for free download at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/ I have all updates installed. Windows directory includes the following. C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework64\V2.0.50727\V3.0\V3.5 C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework\V2.0.50727\V3.0\V3.5 I have no clue what is going on with the error message and am very computer Literate having a Computer repair servic...

DOS version of Great Plains
Does ANYONE have some experiance with Grat Plains version 9 dos, before it was microsoft. We are upgrading to a new system, but we cannot access the data. We can see its there in a 300mb data file but cannot get at it. Is there anyone who can help or even a contact of someone who might help. I am desperate Regards Richard Grindell I recently moved from the old MSGPS 9.5 to GPS 8.0. When you say upgrading to a system, do you mean upgrading to the "Microsoft version" of GPS or are you upgrading your system platform, upgrading hardware, etc. I don't know if I can hel...

SBS 2003 SP1, CRM 3.0 and .Net updates
I updated the SBS server to .net 2.0, applied the security patches to .Net 2.0, updated to .Net 3.0. Now the Outlook 2003 cannot connect to CRM. Any ideas? ...

older version of publisher cannot read newer version
I have publisher at work (2000) and at home (2002) and if I create a propject at home and bring it to work, I cannot open and work on it at work. Does anyone have a remedy for this? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Erin <eemcc@aol.com>... > I have publisher at work (2000) and at home (2002) and if > I create a propject at home and bring it to work, I cannot > open and work on it at work. Does anyone have a remedy > for this? File > Save As > Publisher 2000 -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/t...

Net Folders #14
Does anyone have any experience with Net Folders & utilizing them to share folders where we only have internet mail accounts (i.e. we do not have an internal mail server such as MS Exchange)? I've been having problems with entries in Outlook's Calendar being multiplied--that's to say it shows up several times as if the program is replicating the entry. Microsoft has very little on troubleshooting web folders & I was wondering if anyone has experience with these. ...

Framework X Library #2
Both Word and Excel show a message about unexpected error loading=20 Framework X Library, then usually "quit unexpectedly" I have tried looking for locked files and duplicate Fonts and reloading = the=20 programs, and other hints I have found... still the same. Driving me = nuts. In article 1bb9201c451b3$73c458e0$a301280a@phx.gbl, JandC at anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote on 6/13/04 19:01: > Both Word and Excel show a message about unexpected error loading > Framework X Library, then usually "quit unexpectedly" > I have tried looking for locked files and...

Problems with WMP ActiveX Control in VS.Net
Hello I am trying to embed the Windows Media Player ActiveX control in a dialog using VS.Net. When trying at associate a variable with the control, VS.Net does not give the same options as VS6, and generates a wrapper class that doesn't have any operations(making it useless). I have tried using the wrapper classes that VS6 generates but this doesn't seem to work. after DDX_Control(pDX, IDC_PLAYER, m_wndPlayer) gets executed, m_wndPlayer's hWnd is still set to null. There are no problems when using this code with VS6. Anyone with a similar problem, or know how to fix it? Thank...

Office versions
Hi there, Could anyone give me the difference between Office X for Mac and Office 2004 for Mac, teacher and student editions? I have the Office X version. Thanks. Doug Hi Doug - The list would be far too long to post here, but the 2 main distinctions - at least to my feeble mind - are: 1- Office 2004 is far more stable & reliable, and 2- Office X is no longer as current (supported) version. You might want to take a look at the Mactopia web site for what Office 2004 has to offer & compare to what you now have. The demo highlights many of the differences & you can still downloa...

How to build WinCE.net application with vs.net 2005
Hi, VS.net 2005 can be used to create SmartPhone and PocketPC 2003 applications by using C++(MFC), but there is no an option to create the WinCE.net application that can be created by EVC4 before, is it possible to create WinCE.net application by using VS.net 2005? Thanks. Regards, ZhangZQ What do you mean? You can create apps in C#, VB or native (C/C++). What "other" type are you after? -Chris "ZhangZQ" <zhangzq71@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:esuZfFKNGHA.3728@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > VS.net 2005 can be used to create SmartPhon...