$ Amounts on Home Page

It appears that the only way to show a dollar amount for a report on the Home
Page of GP is to include a report under the Reminders area of the "To Do"
section.

For example, if I want to set up as a reminder "Past Due Customer
Transactions" with an amount, it needs to be a SmartList link in this section.

It seems that the "My Reports" section would be able to accomodate a link to
the report with a total to go with it, but it doesn't.  Is that what you're
getting also?

Mike

0
MacroMike (42)

The purpose of the My Reports list is to provide a list of reports. It sounds
like you're looking for a sort of dashboard, which would be a nice feature.
Unfortunately, it is not available in GP without building a custom metric
using Dexterity.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"MacroMike" wrote:

> It appears that the only way to show a dollar amount for a report on the Home
> Page of GP is to include a report under the Reminders area of the "To Do"
> section.
>
> For example, if I want to set up as a reminder "Past Due Customer
> Transactions" with an amount, it needs to be a SmartList link in this section.
>
> It seems that the "My Reports" section would be able to accomodate a link to
> the report with a total to go with it, but it doesn't.  Is that what you're
> getting also?
>
> Mike

0
callen (2505)
4/24/2009 2:04:01 AM
I figured that was probably the answer.  It's good to know there's a
Dexterity option.  Thanks for the information.

Mike

"Charles Allen" wrote:

> The purpose of the My Reports list is to provide a list of reports. It sounds
> like you're looking for a sort of dashboard, which would be a nice feature.
> Unfortunately, it is not available in GP without building a custom metric
> using Dexterity.
> --
> Charles Allen, MVP
>

> "MacroMike" wrote:
>
> > It appears that the only way to show a dollar amount for a report on the Home
> > Page of GP is to include a report under the Reminders area of the "To Do"
> > section.
> >
> > For example, if I want to set up as a reminder "Past Due Customer
> > Transactions" with an amount, it needs to be a SmartList link in this section.
> >
> > It seems that the "My Reports" section would be able to accomodate a link to
> > the report with a total to go with it, but it doesn't.  Is that what you're
> > getting also?
> >
> > Mike

0
MacroMike (42)
4/24/2009 4:23:02 PM
Seems I saw a 3rd party dashboard solution somewhere...can't remember exactly
where but you might look around.
--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"MacroMike" wrote:

> I figured that was probably the answer.  It's good to know there's a
> Dexterity option.  Thanks for the information.
>
> Mike
>
> "Charles Allen" wrote:
>
> > The purpose of the My Reports list is to provide a list of reports. It sounds
> > like you're looking for a sort of dashboard, which would be a nice feature.
> > Unfortunately, it is not available in GP without building a custom metric
> > using Dexterity.
> > --
> > Charles Allen, MVP
> >

> > "MacroMike" wrote:
> >
> > > It appears that the only way to show a dollar amount for a report on the Home
> > > Page of GP is to include a report under the Reminders area of the "To Do"
> > > section.
> > >
> > > For example, if I want to set up as a reminder "Past Due Customer
> > > Transactions" with an amount, it needs to be a SmartList link in this section.
> > >
> > > It seems that the "My Reports" section would be able to accomodate a link to
> > > the report with a total to go with it, but it doesn't.  Is that what you're
> > > getting also?
> > >
> > > Mike

0
info4071 (3004)

Problem with collumns and pages...
I have a file that's about 50 000 rows long, and 4 collumns wide. An this whould work just fine, but I would not like to print a little ove 700 pages... So now I've tried to change the sheet so that I could get collumns on every page (insted of 4). So that I could get two of the ol pages on one page (with one empty row between them... It's hard t explain but here is a little ASCII pic that might give you a hint OLD (about 700 pages) | | | | | | | | | | | | NEW(about 350 pages) | | | |-| | | | | | |-| | | | | | |-| | | | | | |-| | | (Both "pictures" are just on...

Budget amounts are doubled
Due to errors I have had to delete and renter deposits and bills but in the budget and in edit budget these amounts are doubled even though they were deleted???. I tried to correct these and it won't let me. For example my mortgage payment is 460.00 but my budget shows 920.00 every month; when I try to edit it just bounces me back to the budget. Any ideas? Is the budget amount correct next month? Changes to budget items are made to the next budget period and not the one in progress. If it's wrong *every* month, then you might be better off starting a new budget. -- Glyn S...

Patron page?
I need help on doing a page for a dance school yearend book. I have a patrons list, a pic, messages from family members and a couple of business cards to include. how do I start? I was told to use MS Publisher, but it's so confusing! Thanks in advance! Lots of help here, there is a demo you can watch and many assistance articles. Creating a publication http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/CH062559031033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "MommyDanceBK" <MommyDanceBK@discussions.microsof...

How to get a different page layout for each tab
I have about 4 office layouts, they are each on a different tab. 2 should be landscape and 2 portrait, but when I change the layout on one of the tabs, it changes all the tabs. How can I change the layout for each tab???? I needed the same help with 25 pages and tried your suggestion and changed each page so that the setup does not say "same as printer". However, now I cannot print all pages at the same time because now the others don't match the printer and I have to print each individually. Thank you. >-----Original Message----- >Make sure the page setup for tha...

How to add amount to a cell based on category and month
I have a list of expenxe categories and by month along the top. How can I write the sumif function based on two criteria from drop-down list(one list is Expenses and the second list is the Months) and the third (Amount) cell would be where I input an amount to be added into the table: Expenses month amount Fuel JAN _______ Expenses JAN FEB MAR Trucks/Auto Fuel 348.23 Oils 35.99 Maintenance 298.33 Parts 59.21 DMV 745.87 -- so many functions...!?!?!?!?!?!? If you are trying to fill a matr...

Calculate the amount of time over a permitted amount (12 hours)
Hi I would like to calcualte the time over a permitted amount and display it in a cell. Column C is the start time dd/mm/yy hh:mm and Column L is the finish time dd/mm/yy hh:mm. The alloted time is 12 hours for the job and and need column M to show the amount of time used over the 12 hours. Many Thanks. =MAX(L2-C2-"12:00",0) and format as time,[h]:mm -- HTH Bob "Steve M" <SteveM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:909E493A-ED55-40A3-9406-6588A333F281@microsoft.com... > Hi > I would like to calcualte the time over ...

How do I remove the page number from the background of my excel w.
When working in Excel, the background page number is always obscuring my work. Can it be removed? Hi goto 'View' and choose the normal view. You currently have the 'Pagebreak view' enabled -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "NancyLyons" <NancyLyons@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4476930A-38E1-4BAD-89D1-79DBA1E17B38@microsoft.com... > When working in Excel, the background page number is always obscuring my > work. Can it be removed? Maybe go View and check Normal instead of Page Break Preview, Regards, "NancyLyons...

access 2007 french / win vista home premium
Dear all, I have an application running on all access versions till now. However, this application has troubles running on access 2007 french, Windows Vista familial Premium french. The trouble occurs each time I set a control on a form with a control source expression beginning with "=", as for example: =IIf(DLookUp("[PSW1]";"Th�rapeutes";"[ID Th�rapeute]=Forms![Psw_Liste_Sec]![ID Th�rapeute]") =Generkey(Trim([Forms]![Menu G�n�ral]![Admin_1] &[NomT]));"Oui";"Non") In this case, the control value is not displayed, and &qu...

Outlook Home and Other Addresses do not sync to CRM
What would it take to make the Outlook HOME and OTHER address records synchronize with CRM? Is this something that can be done via the SDK (cannot find it there if it is in the 4.0 SDK)? Thanks for any advice! -- Thanks, Dana There is no method to change the syncrhonization between outlook and crm. Possibly you can a custom vba macro in outlook which on change of the address will replicate this to CRM. -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD) Lead Developer Aviva IT Tools for CRM Developers and Administrators http://www.patrickverbeeten.com/maps/Tools.aspx "Running With Scissors"...

A page insertion question
In Publisher 2000 running on XP, is there a way to insert a single page back at the page 20 level in a 50 page single fold catalog thereby moving pages 21-50 up one page level? I realize you need to add pages in increments of 4, but I only want one added at page 20 and the others added at 52-54. Thanks for your help! CB A Pub 2000 user here. Are your pages linked together? In other words, if you start to add text on the top of page 21 will all the text of all the pages move forward? If yes, just add four new pages at the end. Have file open and with the last pages displayed on the mo...

Print page contents of Multipage
I have Multipage on userform. Each page is with different informations selected by controls on thos pages. I need only to print the pages indivully (say clicking a button on tha page) and also to printa all pages (say clicking a button on th form). If this is possible, then how -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I think I'd just put two buttons on the outside of the multipage control. One for print current page and one for print all pages. If you like this idea, how about something like this to get you started. Option Explicit Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Use...

once you have an amount in a cell how do you get that amount to i.
How do you get an amount already in a cell that had been formatted to increase by say 500 Place 500 in a blank cell, edit|copy the cell with 500, edit|past special|add on the cell you want to change "jillingore" wrote: > How do you get an amount already in a cell that had been formatted to > increase by say 500 Jill, You can add 500 to a cell by typing 500 in a blank cell, copying that cell, then selecting your cell that you want to increment and: right-click, select Paste Special, then click "Values" and "Add" and then press OK. You can do t...

Publisher 2007 document sent as HTML adds line on first page.
v\* {behavior:url(#default#VML);) o/* {behavior:url(#default#VML);) b\* {behavior:url(#default#VML););} shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);} line apoears at the top of emails sent using Publisher document merged with Excel mailing list. Anyone have a clue as to how to get rid of this extra line? ...

Historical Stock Status Report Qty vs Amount discrepancy
I have quantity 0 in the quantity column but dollar amounts in the extended amount column (both positive and negative). I have tried adjusting costs, and variations of inventory transactions, ultimately I can change the quantity, but the dollar amount will not update/fix. I am in urgent need of assistance - trying to close year end! I am using GP8 standard On Jul 19, 4:44 am, Kristi P <Kris...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have quantity 0 in the quantity column but dollar amounts in the extended > amount column (both positive and negative). I have tried adjusting ...

Amount in words
Dear, Is any way i can have Amount in SOP & Cash Reciepts atleast to shown in figure + characters like $ 150.20 (handred fifty usd and 20 cent. ) thanks & regards Why don't you use the following report writer user defined function in a calculated field to show the amount in words. RW_ConvertToWordsAndNumbers() function returns string OUT_string; in currency IN_Value; { Value of Currency } in string IN_Currency; { Currency ID of Currency - Leave Blank for Functional } in integer IN_Mode; { non-zero = Use Numbers and Words instead of only Words } For more informa...

Wrong amount of arguments!
What I want is tblInvoice.ClientDetail but if blank tblInvoice.HorseName but if blank funGetHorseName(tblInvoice.InvoiceID,tblInvoice.HorseID),tblInvoice.HorseName) & "iif(tblInvoice.ClientDetail='',tblInvoice.HorseName=' ',funGetHorseName(tblInvoice.InvoiceID,tblInvoice.HorseID),tblInvoice.HorseName) AS ClientDetail," _ -- Thanks in advance for any help with this......Bob MS Access 2007 accdb Windows XP Home Edition Ver 5.1 Service Pack 3 Not sure I'm following comletely correctly, but perhaps this is what you seek: IIf(Len(tblIn...

Possibility to run Macro's from Tasks and Quicklinks in Home page
It would be more easier for customers to be able to run Macro's from Tasks and Quicklinks in Home page. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=3c68d47d-12a8-41...

what is the formula for returning the amount to amount in words
what is the formula for returning the amount to amount in words For Example : in cell A1, if the value entered is USD 1,500 I need a formula which will give the amount in words for the given value i.e. the answer should be USD One Thousand Five Hundred only There is no direct functions to convert this. For a VBA solution check out the below links http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/ValueToWords.htm http://support.microsoft.com/kb/213360 http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- Jacob "Vijay" wrote: > what is the formula for returning the amount to amo...

Page Setup Problem with Access 2003
I copied a database file from one PC to another and now have problems with page setup for reports in the second PC. The page size has been changed in the copied version from A4 to Letter and Page Setup will not let me change that setting. (it will let me change from Landscape to Portrait but will not allow the paper size to be changed). The printer default settings are all OK and Page Setup for reports in other Access databases act normally. What has gone wrong and how do I fix the problem? ...

Version 10 Startup Page
I just started using Version 10, and I see I have a home page when I start Great Plains. I see, too, that when I click the Purchasing button in my navigation pane, I see all the Purchasing screens I can access. When I start Great Plains, is there a way I can have that Purchasing page appear instead of my home page? Mary Fetsch Mary, this is actually possible if you use a login macro with some extra lines to take you to the purchasing navigation option. I will create a blog article on this today. Visit my blog at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com to see the article later on. Be...

How do I count the amount of text in a column and then add them
For example I would like to count the number of Mondays inserted into a column and then sub total. Thanks =COUNTIF(A:A,"Monday") Peter Curtis wrote: > For example I would like to count the number of Mondays inserted into a > column and then sub total. > > Thanks ...

microsoft office home and student 2007 02-02-10
I delete my printer send to one note 2007 in windows vista home premuim preinstall and now I want to reinstall it but it asking me for product key and I can't find it and i don't now if i have a trail of full version preinstall ....and you hijacked this thread, why? Here's a few tips: #3 - Learn how to type so you could be understood. #2 - Give more information, like, OS, and version of Office. #1 - DON'T HIJACK ANOTHER PERSONS THREAD!!!!! HTH HAND -- "Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.&...

Converting total amount figures in excel to english words
I am preparing my invoices in Excel 2003 for my customers, so when I use the auto sum option for having the total, I need to type the total amount in words before issuing the invoice to my customers. So I kindly request to solve this serious issue by giving me an simple example or any inbuilt fucntions in excel so as to make my work faster & precise. Thanks, PR Pillai Hi Take a look at the Microsoft site http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B213360 -- Regards Roger Govier "PR Pillai" <PRPillai@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A...

How to add Account web page in Account form
Hello how to add an Account web page into Account form. I created new tab added iframe what next to do? B.I. You could add javascript to the OnLoad event on the account form and have it change the url for the iframe to point to your account web page ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "B.I." <babilonas5@gmail.com> wrote in message news:%23rPLx0EFHHA.1252@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hello > > how to add an Account web page into Account form. > I created new tab added iframe > what next to do? > &...

List to find records from a tab control page to another.
I have a tab control on a bound form (Page 1, and Page 2), Page 1 has data and page 2 has a list for search (displays same records as form does). On double click, I need to find that record where the data are (page 1) and set focus anywhere there, I tried the following but had no luck. DoCmd.GoToRecord acDataForm, "frmMain", acGoTo, "[ID] = " & Me.List1 Me.ID.SetFocus Thanks for any help provided! Adnan Adnan wrote: > I have a tab control on a bound form (Page 1, and Page 2), Page 1 has > data and page 2 has a list for search (displays same records ...