"already logged in" error

Hello:

A valid user ID gets the message saying "Your attempt to login to the server
failed because the user ID you entered is already logged in.  Remove the
login record from the server and attempt to login again".

The ACTIVITY table is empty, and we have run the DELETE SY00800, DEX_LOCK,
etc. scripts.  Any other suggestions?  Could it be the different VM
environment we’re running now, SQL 2000 on Windows 2000, instead of SQL 7
under Windows NT 4.0?

Thanks!

childofthe1980s

Child,

It always comes down to your ODBC. Check your ODBC settings to see where
it's currently pointing to.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"childofthe1980s" wrote:

> Hello:
>
> A valid user ID gets the message saying "Your attempt to login to the server
> failed because the user ID you entered is already logged in.  Remove the
> login record from the server and attempt to login again".
>
> The ACTIVITY table is empty, and we have run the DELETE SY00800, DEX_LOCK,
> etc. scripts.  Any other suggestions?  Could it be the different VM
> environment we’re running now, SQL 2000 on Windows 2000, instead of SQL 7
> under Windows NT 4.0?
>
> Thanks!
>
> childofthe1980s

0
MarianoGomez (3440)
7/29/2008 7:03:02 PM
Thanks, Mariano!

childofthe1980s

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> Child,
>
> It always comes down to your ODBC. Check your ODBC settings to see where
> it's currently pointing to.
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "childofthe1980s" wrote:
>
> > Hello:
> >
> > A valid user ID gets the message saying "Your attempt to login to the server
> > failed because the user ID you entered is already logged in.  Remove the
> > login record from the server and attempt to login again".
> >
> > The ACTIVITY table is empty, and we have run the DELETE SY00800, DEX_LOCK,
> > etc. scripts.  Any other suggestions?  Could it be the different VM
> > environment we’re running now, SQL 2000 on Windows 2000, instead of SQL 7
> > under Windows NT 4.0?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > childofthe1980s

The client system uses a DSN called eEnterprise, which is pointing to the
correct server and database, and passes the connectivity test.

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> Child,
>
> It always comes down to your ODBC. Check your ODBC settings to see where
> it's currently pointing to.
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "childofthe1980s" wrote:
>
> > Hello:
> >
> > A valid user ID gets the message saying "Your attempt to login to the server
> > failed because the user ID you entered is already logged in.  Remove the
> > login record from the server and attempt to login again".
> >
> > The ACTIVITY table is empty, and we have run the DELETE SY00800, DEX_LOCK,
> > etc. scripts.  Any other suggestions?  Could it be the different VM
> > environment we’re running now, SQL 2000 on Windows 2000, instead of SQL 7
> > under Windows NT 4.0?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > childofthe1980s

This will require getting everyone out of GP and any other app using SQL.  It
sounds like SQL still has the user logged in to SQL.  Stop the SQL services
completely and restart them.

--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"childofthe1980s" wrote:

> The client system uses a DSN called eEnterprise, which is pointing to the
> correct server and database, and passes the connectivity test.
>
> "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
>
> > Child,
> >
> > It always comes down to your ODBC. Check your ODBC settings to see where
> > it's currently pointing to.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > --
> > MG.-
> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> >

> > "childofthe1980s" wrote:
> >
> > > Hello:
> > >
> > > A valid user ID gets the message saying "Your attempt to login to the server
> > > failed because the user ID you entered is already logged in.  Remove the
> > > login record from the server and attempt to login again".
> > >
> > > The ACTIVITY table is empty, and we have run the DELETE SY00800, DEX_LOCK,
> > > etc. scripts.  Any other suggestions?  Could it be the different VM
> > > environment we’re running now, SQL 2000 on Windows 2000, instead of SQL 7
> > > under Windows NT 4.0?
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> > >
> > > childofthe1980s

0
info4071 (3004)

Already logged in message
When logging back into GP from Report Writer, a login screen appears prompting for the user ID and password. When you enter the correct ID and password, an error message pops up saying the user is already logged in. The user is then stuck in a loop and can't get logged back in. I've recently seen this happen at four different customer sites. Why does this happen? ...

"already logged in" error
Hello: A valid user ID gets the message saying "Your attempt to login to the server failed because the user ID you entered is already logged in. Remove the login record from the server and attempt to login again". The ACTIVITY table is empty, and we have run the DELETE SY00800, DEX_LOCK, etc. scripts. Any other suggestions? Could it be the different VM environment we’re running now, SQL 2000 on Windows 2000, instead of SQL 7 under Windows NT 4.0? Thanks! childofthe1980s Child, It always comes down to your ODBC. Check your ODBC settings to see where it's currently...

Hyperlink to URL needs login even though I'm already logged in
I have an excelsheet with hyperlinks to our webbased CRM-system and every time I click a link I need to log on to the website. It doesn't matter if I'm alreday logged in and it doesn't matter if I open the page in a new window or the already active one. When i click link in Outlook or Lotus Notes it works as it should, i e I have to logon the first time and then for the next link I am directed to the right page directly. I think it must be a setting in Office, but I don't have a clue which one it is. ...