Wants to Save As instead of just Save

Thanks for any help you are able to provide.  I've been using FrontPage for
years but have a minor issue that is annoying me because I don't why it is
happening or how to fix it.

Long existing pages that I modify in any way at all, will not save in the
conventional manner.  The Ctrl/S function, and the tollbar button, do not
just save the page as it should, but takes me to the "Save As" window
instead.  I basically have to overwrite the page using the existing file name
and then OK the resaving of all the images on the page.   There is no
duplication of pages or images in my directory.

Thanks again for any assistance.
frontpage.client 522 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Do you have a FrontPage Web Site open (with the page open in the FP site),
- and not just the page open (w/o the site open)

SBR @ ENJOY (-:              [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ]
"Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!"  (-;

"Chris B" <Chris B@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B3AF1E40-46E6-498F-B0E2-B3EC2A991DC1@microsoft.com...
Thanks for any help you are able to provide.  I've been using FrontPage for
years but have a minor issue that is annoying me because I don't why it is
happening or how to fix it.

Long existing pages that I modify in any way at all, will not save in the
conventional manner.  The Ctrl/S function, and the tollbar button, do not
just save the page as it should, but takes me to the "Save As" window
instead.  I basically have to overwrite the page using the existing file name
and then OK the resaving of all the images on the page.   There is no
duplication of pages or images in my directory.

Thanks again for any assistance.

0
Stefan

want questions

Saving Autorecover info in 2007 so SLOW!
I've had to disable it. Its soooo slow (eg 5 minutes and more to save autorecovery info on a file that saves in under 30 seconds!). Any ideas why so? I'm on Office 2007, Win 7 using files that were generated years ago under Excel 2000 and have worked flawlessy prior to "upgrading" (ha ha) to Office 2007. All my macros, which operated much quicker after upgrading to Win 7 have now come to a screeching slowdown since installing Office 2007 too, which i did because 2000 just didn't seem to be comfortable under Win 7. I am soooo seriously considering winding...

I want more!

Not able to save changes to system settings
I have 3.0 with sample data. My issue is that I'm not able to save any changes to the system settings. I have SA right. Any idea? Thanks. This is normally caused by a incorrect SQL Reporting Services setup. Check that your SRS Server is working, check that srs's url is well configured at deployment manager. And if it doesn't solve the problem you should read this KB article. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/916159/en-us -- Marco Amoedo Plain Concepts http://geeks.ms/blogs/marco/ "HEC" wrote: > I have 3.0 with sample data. My issue is that I'm not abl...

Makeing People Save As
I have an excel spreadsheet on a shared drive at work. When people in the office open the file, is there a way to make them "save as" and not to be able to type on the original file? Thanks for any help in advance!!! Eric "=?Utf-8?B?RXJpYw==?=" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:CCD79852-03E2-4980-B533-6EAFC253A009@microsoft.com: > I have an excel spreadsheet on a shared drive at work. When people in > the office open the file, is there a way to make them "save as" and > not to be able to type on the original file? > > Th...

Accidently "SAVED AS"!! Help!
Is there any way to recover/restore an excel file once it has been "SAVED AS" once it has been overwritten Help! Help! "Nicky" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote... >Is there any way to recover/restore an excel file once it has been >"SAVED AS" once it has been overwritten? Only if you have a backup. If you don't have a backup, not possible. This is why backups are essential. Nicky If the file was saved as a new name, the original will still be on your computer. If it was saved as the same name, it has been over-written and unless y...

Saving Large Files
I am saving a large Publisher file and recieve the error "Cannot save file - delete some objects", Is there a file size limitation for a publisher file?? Publisher 2000 has a 2 gigabyte limit. Do this, view, pictures, turn off detailed display. Delete some of your temp items. Type %temp% in the address bar in Windows Explorer. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Large Publisher Files" <Large Publisher Files@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F7C65EA5-3D53-46CB-9C4A-A2DB8333FB91...

Text want wrap in text box

Opening CSV file(saved in unicode) in excel
Hi, If anyone can help me on this, I would really appreciate that. I have a file that is saved in .csv extension (Unicode format). Let's say for example, I have the data as follows: "text1","text2",123,"text3",450.00 When I save the above data in .csv (in Ascii format) and open in excel file, I see that each value is placed in adjacent columns. When I save the same data in .csv (Unicode) I see the whole information appears in the single cell(first cell only). Is there a limitation to the CSV FILE opening in EXCEL, with Unicode format? Any inputs/...

Saving configurations in Word 2007
I have 800 word users that get mad everytime we update their word2007client and all indvidual configurations (don´t show spelling and grammatics, don´t show changes and so on) just vanish and is replaced by default. Any solution of this problem? How are you updating them? -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><&...

Want to Add more Sub description Field

columns misaligned after save
I open a spreadsheet from a network drive, make my required changes, save the document, and exit. When my supervisor opens the spreadsheet, the columns are misaligned i.e. the first few columns have moved down by 3 cells. I only work with rows, entering data into exisitng rows. I do not do any cut-and-paste operations that might normally affect column alignment. Thanks for any help offered. Just some questions... Are you sure you and your supervisor are viewing the same workbook? If you are positive (I'd double check), do you have any macros that run in this workbook? MarkJames...

"Save as" box in MSWord
Hi For some odd reason I cannot save a (new) file in MSWord because the "save as" frame is larger than the screen size on my notebook. Because of this, the space for the "File name" and "Save as Type" panels - and the "Save" or "Cancel" boxes cannot be reached. When trying to push the frame higher on the page so that I can access and enter data into those panels and boxes, it will move only for as long as I "hold" it in place. As soon as I release the moved frame, ready to enter data into the panels and boxes, it slips ...

close workbook without saving or promt to save
i am new to excel 2007 and when closing the only visible sheet in my workbook i need it to close the workbook without offering option to save. i have tried to use macros but i dont think im doing it correctly. i have a active button that works but i would like it to work when you close from the top right x or exit excel button. shane In Thisworkbook module of your workbook. Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) ThisWorkbook.Saved = True End Sub Note you have to save at least once before closing first time or you will lose the code your just pasted into the...

Excel wants to create a page break in every cell!
After saving revisions in an Excel worksheet, I get a popup message that states "Margins do not fit page size". After clicking "ok" (because this is my only choice) a page break is automatically created in ever cell. At times(depending on the sizeof the work sheet) it can be over 100 pages with a page size 14% or smaller. Why does this happen, and how can I avoid it? I saw this suggestion in a different forum. Try closing excel. Clean up your windows temp folder Windows start button|Run type: %temp% and hit enter Clean all those files that you ca...

How can I save a publisher file in a format that can be emailed.
I produce a small newsletter in Publisher. I would like to be able to save it in a format that can be emailed, not as a publisher file, which takes too long to download. willie*the*weeper wrote: >I produce a small newsletter in Publisher. I would like > to be able to save it in a format that can be emailed, > not as a publisher file, which takes too long to download. ============== Try this... Download and install the following free PDF Creator. PrimoPDF http://primopdf.com/ With your new program installed...open your project in Publisher and go to...File / Print. On your Pri...

Defining a Cell for Save as file name
We are using excel as an information gathering tool on a piece of equipment that uses a "touch screen" technology. This works great untill it comes to the "save as" command, which requires a key board to enter a file name. The file is automated to gather all information from other sources, is there a way to default a cell value within the spread sheet to be the default file name in the "save as" file name entry. Currently it defaults to the template name and requires a type over. thanks for any feedback ...

WANTED
WTB: I BUY SOFTWARE - CHECK AROUND - YOU PROBABLY HAVE SOME OF THE BELOW TO SELL TO ME. SEE A LIST OF SOME OF THE SOFTWARE THAT I AM BUYING! I AM BUYING ALL OF THE BELOW. THE MORE QUANTITY THE BETTER! I am looking to buy large quantities of Windows 7 Professional Upgrade Dell DVDs with unactivated COAs included in a SEALED package I am looking to buy quantities of SYMANTEC NORTON ANTI VIRUS, NORTON INTERNET SECURITY AND 360 OEM AND RETAIL BOXES I will buy 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007 and 2006. If you have good quantities setting around and no longer need send me detai...

Referencing a text file for data instead of importing
Hi, not sure if this is the right place to post this, but hopefully someone can help me out. My problem is, I am trying to figure out a way to reference data in a text file that has data with columns seperated by semicolons (;), and end of rows denoted by a space I think. Anyway, I have over a hundred of these text files, and in the past have just imported the data into a new spreadsheet in excel, but this is getting too big, and I am getting too many sheets, and I'm not sure, but I dont want to reach the limit. Is there a way to reference this data in the original text files from exce...

Sent items not saved in folder when connecting *after* i have typed email
Hi people, Just a quick query, i cant find a more specific group for this one: When I have not got an internet connection, and I attempt to send email, it is saved in the Outbox. When I next connect, the mail is sent, but it isnt saved in my sent items folder (when I send a mail when connected, it *is* saved in the sent items folder) I cant find any specific options that would dictate this behaviour - is there something that I'm missing? Outlook details: 2002 (10.6515.6626) SP3 Any help much appreciated! cheers, ...

MS Office "Save" dialog obscures the document you are saving??
I've just moved to Mac OSX (Panther) from OS9.2. I've been using MS Word for years. In Office X, Microsoft, again, appears to be using it's own "Save" dialog rather than the ones that are part of the Mac OS. (Microsoft has done this in all previous versions of Word and Excel, and that included the "Save," "Save As . . . ", and "Open . . . " dialogs. And, yes, I know I am dating myself by calling these "Dialog" boxes.) But, it appears that the Office X "Save" dialog obscures at least the upper half of the file you are sav...

View formula results instead of formula in 2003 version?
In old Excel version 2002 you could use the CTRL+` to look at results instead of a formula in the cell. That no longer works. How do you change it in Excel 2003? I think you've got it backwards, but... it still works for me. ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Felicia Pickett" <Felicia Pickett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C38851DA-7F85-415F-8ABC-D5D159FC07FD@microsoft.com... > In old Excel version 2002 you could use the CTRL+` to look at results > instead > of a formula in the cell. That no longer works. How do you change it in ...

Check boxes
Hi---I am setting up a form with various check boxes. I want to set up a range of check boxes so if any of these boxes are checked, then one corresponding check box if also checked. On the flip side, if none in the range of boxes are checked, then the one corresponding box is also not checked. I hope this can be done with a formula or conditional formatting, instead of a macro....if it takes a macro, whoever resonds to this question, please explain in easy terms---I don't have a lot o fmacro experience. Thanks!!! A boolean checkbox reflects the TRUE / FALSE value of the cell it ...