Wants to Save As instead of just Save

Thanks for any help you are able to provide.  I've been using FrontPage for
years but have a minor issue that is annoying me because I don't why it is
happening or how to fix it.

Long existing pages that I modify in any way at all, will not save in the
conventional manner.  The Ctrl/S function, and the tollbar button, do not
just save the page as it should, but takes me to the "Save As" window
instead.  I basically have to overwrite the page using the existing file name
and then OK the resaving of all the images on the page.   There is no
duplication of pages or images in my directory.

Thanks again for any assistance.
frontpage.client 522 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Do you have a FrontPage Web Site open (with the page open in the FP site),
- and not just the page open (w/o the site open)

SBR @ ENJOY (-:              [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ]
"Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!"  (-;

"Chris B" <Chris B@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B3AF1E40-46E6-498F-B0E2-B3EC2A991DC1@microsoft.com...
Thanks for any help you are able to provide.  I've been using FrontPage for
years but have a minor issue that is annoying me because I don't why it is
happening or how to fix it.

Long existing pages that I modify in any way at all, will not save in the
conventional manner.  The Ctrl/S function, and the tollbar button, do not
just save the page as it should, but takes me to the "Save As" window
instead.  I basically have to overwrite the page using the existing file name
and then OK the resaving of all the images on the page.   There is no
duplication of pages or images in my directory.

Thanks again for any assistance.

0
Stefan

how do i save powerpoint presentation onto a flashdrive?
how do i save powerpoint presentation onto a flashdrive? Save it to your harddrive, then copy it to the flash drive. Saving directly to the flash drive is just asking for a corrupt presentation. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/2007.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx "theclearsolution" <theclearsolution@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:869E1487-656A-4204-A2E0-DB21387752B0@microsoft.com... ...

Files Save As option
How do I clear the list of previously saved file names from the Flie Name text box drop down menu? In the Options dialog for your version of Word, change the number of Most Recently Used files to be used to 0. Or run a macro containing the following code Application.RecentFiles.Maximum = 0 -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "M.I. Tabassum" <MITabassum@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Not just remove dup rows but combine columns
I am trying to combine multiple contact lists - I want to not only get rid of the dups, but unfortunately some duplicated rows have data in columns that other rows don't. See below. Last First Phone Phone 2 Email Johnson David 917 Smith Jim 917 Johnson 212 dav@ I'd love to find some way that the above example would become: Last First Phone Phone 2 Email Johnson David 917 212 dav@ Smith Jim 917 Any help would be incredibly appreciated Hi, The obvious question here is how does one know that Johnson and Johnson David are the same -- Regards, As...

Excel: Automatically Saving as Web Page
Hello all--Judging by the subject headings I see in this forum, I can tell that my problem is a relatively simple one. Well, hopefully, anyway. I suppose I ought to simply say what I'd like to have Excel do and perhaps some of you could tell me how that might be accomplished. Currently, I've successfully created a network of spreadsheets, where the value of one cell is pulled and copied into another cell in another spreadsheet (that value is then used to create a graph). The goal is to export that spreadsheet (the one containing the pulled value and resulting graph) as an html doc...

Getting back a deleted test frame after saving the changes
My son just deleted a text frame with all his work and started a new text frame and then when asked if he wanted to save his work he clicked yes. Is there any way to retrieve that missing text frame when it won't allow you to undo? On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 16:04:01 +0100, Denise wrote (in article <09056FDE-03FC-4988-8AB0-D1EA0896BFC7@microsoft.com>): > My son just deleted a text frame with all his work and started a new text > frame and then when asked if he wanted to save his work he clicked yes. Is > there any way to retrieve that missing text frame when it won't a...

I do not want to see grammar checks for passive voice
Every document I type has a grammar error indicating "passive voice" might want to consider revising. I do not have a good understanding of what passive voice means and I really do not want to see it so I am wondering if there is a setting in the grammar check that I can deselect to turn off the passive voice check? ...

Saving Problem in Publisher 203
I pulled up a template that I wanted to use from the Brochure section that is easily found when you first open the program. I made the changes I needed to it and went to save as. Typed in a new name and changed the path to save it to a file folder on my desktop. After hitting save an error type sound occurred and a message popped up asking me if I wanted to save it elsewhere (I am not sure exactly were), I clicked no. Went back to pull the same template up again to use for another project and it was gone. Can't find this template anywhere in the list. Now my Brochure I created...

Problem saving PDF within VBA
I am trying to save a slide in pdf format using Powerpoint 2007. I am finding that it works on some machines but not others. The specifics are Powerpoint 2007, Adobe Reader 9.2. Here is the code: Set oTempPres = Presentations.Open("c:\Cert.pptx", WithWindow:=False) With oTempPres For x = .Slides.Count To 1 Step -1 If .Slides(x).SlideIndex <> currentSlide Then .Slides(x).Delete End If Next .SaveCopyAs "c:\Cert.pptx" .SaveAs FileName:="c:\Cert.pdf", fileformat:=ppSaveAs...

MS Query instead of "Edit OLE DB Query"
Hello all, I am having a problem with editing some existing queries within Excel 2003 workbooks. When clicking on the "Edit Query" button from the External Data toolbar, I now get the "Edit OLE DB Query" dialog box, instead of MS Query, which was the interface that I previously would get. Is there a way to switch this back? I have been using Office 2003 on Windows XP Pro SP2. I recently had Microsoft Update upgrade my version of Office 2003 from SP2 to SP3. The problems appear to have started after that. I can still create new queries in Excel using MS Query, which is...

save as html
when i save a file as html it can not be filled in is there a way to save it as html and also be able to fill it in? ...

auto save path
How do I change a non-existing auto save path in Excel? I missed a backslash when I wrote the path, but it was accepted by Excel. Now I cannot change it. Puk Are you referring to Tools>Options>Save "Autorecovery"? You can enter a path in the dialog box. Note: this is not "Autosave" Autosave saves the file at timed increments you set. This feature was done away with in Excel 2002 and 2003. Autosave for Excel 97 and 2000 does not have a user-selected path. It defaults to your Tools>Options>General "default file location". Gord Dibben Excel MVP...

Place actual selection name in table instead of ID #?
I have a CBO that places the companies ID in my table instead of the actual companys name. I know this is how it is suppose to work but I need it to place the actual name that the user selects into the table. How is this done I know of a way? In that case you have to change the field in the designated table because initally you would store a number and now you want to store text. So change the field to text and then change the bound column of the CBO to 2 (which is probably the field which shows the name). This way you can still use the combo but it will store the name in the table (as...

printing to XPS and saving XPS "as"
Hi - I have a "save as" macro that I would like to incorporate with my "print to XPS" macro. Can anybody help? I have this code: '' Save to XPS '''''''''''''''''''''''''''' Application.ActivePrinter = "Microsoft XPS Document Writer on Ne01:" ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1 Sheets("Credit History").PrintOut Copies:=1 Application.ActivePrinter = "HP LaserJet P1505n on Ne02:" '''''''...

save a file on a CD.
I want to save a file on a CD. When I try, I'm told it is not a legal operation ( or something to that effect) and that I must get permission from the 'Administrator". Who would that be?? If you're using File|SaveAs (or its xl2007+ equivalent), then you'll want to make sure that the drive you're using allows you to use it this way. One of my drives has a DLA (Direct Line Access???). This allows this drive to be used the way file|SaveAs would need. The other doesn't allow this. In any event, I wouldn't do this. I think it'll cause more tro...

When I try to save a workbook, I get the message "document has no.
has no what???? Post your question in the body not the subject. >-----Original Message----- > >. > ...

how i can change default file format Outlook uses to save message
I my saving message in my inbox using "File->Save As" menu. "Save As.." dialog by default shows "Save As Type:" as "HTML". How I can change default file format Outlook uses to save messages to as "Outlook Message Format - Unicode" ?????? Rajkumar <Rajkumar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I my saving message in my inbox using "File->Save As" menu. > "Save As.." dialog by default shows "Save As Type:" as "HTML". > How I can change default file format Outlook uses to save messages...

Smart Investors Wanted!!! #5
INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITY! Fork It Over! a Ground Floor Unique Dimension & Concept In the Children's Entertainment Market... For More information http://www.kidseyeview.us ...

When I try to save a item in Outlook it says "Not Implemented"
When I try to save a item in Outlook it says "Not Implemented" ...

whenever i want to edit the doc it says modification is not allow.
im unable to edit an existing document or want to write in a new document where it shows me at the buttom of the page "modification is not allow because selection is blocked" ! what should i do to unblock it as im also using the ms office trail version? Assuming that you have activated the application, it is almost certain that the trial version has now expired. You only get one trial so now is the time to buy. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP ...

Saving excel document as a .csv and not lose formats?
Please help! I have Excel 2003, using Windows XP. I am trying to save an Excel document as a .csv file. When I open the saved .csv file all of my custom formats are lost. Can anyone tell me why? or How I can save them? Thanks!! A Comma Separated Value (CSV) file is a text-only file. CSVs are commonly used to transfer data (not formatting) between disparate applications. Many applications are capable of generating/importing CSV files. Consequently, all formatting is removed from the data upon generation of the CSV file. Apart from trying to get your Excel data into another applicatio...

Macro that copy page to page just some filled cells
I want to create a formula (macro ) that helps me. I have in one sheet with some columns that clientes filled with quantities and i want create fomula ( macro ) that copy just the filled cells and the cell with description (B2 cell is filled with quantities and A2 cell have the descrption product, and I want a macro that just copy the filled cells to another page. ...

Disable Save
Hi, I am looking for some help with a macro, I need to disable anyone from saving a file or save as and also disable the prompt if the close button is pressed you get an option to save the file then, I need to disable all of these, also have a pop up box to warn that save as been disables when a user tries to save the file fro save and save as. Can anyone help mw with this. Regards Mark If you disable save on SaveAs, Save and Close, how is the user to save the file, with magic? Help me here. Barb Reinhardt "terilad" wrote: > Hi, > > ...

Problem saving excel file
I have an Excel file which I can't save to the server nor local har drive. When I open it and make a change and click on *-save as or sav -*a dialog box appears and says*- file not saved-*. Even if I don' make a change and just click on save it says the same thing. No specia security settings are attached to the file. Anyway if someone can hel that would be great, Thanks -- bsimo4 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- bsimo49's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3702 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com...

present attributes instead of a name
Hello , Here is the code of the function I want to use: private TreeNode CreateTreeNodeFromXmlNode(XmlNode node) { TreeNode tmptreenode = new TreeNode(); if((node.HasChildNodes) && (node.FirstChild.Value != null)) { tmptreenode = new TreeNode(node.Name); TreeNode tmptreenode2 = new TreeNode(node.FirstChild.Value); tmptreenode.Nodes.Add(tmptreenode2); } else if(node.NodeType != XmlNodeType.CDATA) { tmptreenode = new TreeNode(node.Name); } return tmptreenode; } The problem is that insted of node.Name I want node.Attributes["name&...

Wont show Values, just formula
Have some formulas like the following:- =IF(B10=0," ",LOOKUP(B10,Menu!$A$1:$A$146,Menu!$B$1:$B$146)) wanted to change the lookup range, but every time i change the formula it just displayes the formula, and not the resulting value. WHY?? I have checked the View Options and they are OK. Tried deleting an retyping the formula. Nothing helps Can some1 help me please ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Actually what you want to make sure you have on ...