uploading website to a subfolder on the remote web site

There are two domains and the subdomain is supposed to go to a subfolder.
The remote webste shows the subfolder and I selected it it.

But the data transferred to the main folder. Do I need to create the same
subdirectory on my computer in order to get it to do it or how do I otherwise
direct it?
frontpage.client 522 articles. 0 followers. Follow

If the website has FrontPage extensions, open the remote site in FrontPage.
The subfolder on the server should be converted into a subweb (right click
on the folder and choose "Convert to web", then publish the subdomain to the
subweb.

If using FTP, then set the folder you publish to in the Publish Properties
dialogue.
--
Ron Symonds
Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)

"Anne" <Anne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> There are two domains and the subdomain is supposed to go to a subfolder.
> The remote webste shows the subfolder and I selected it it.
>
> But the data transferred to the main folder. Do I need to create the same
> subdirectory on my computer in order to get it to do it or how do I
> otherwise
> direct it?

0
Ronx

Cannot upload rdl report to CRM 3.0 with SQL Server 2005 Rep. Serv
Although exisitng reports work fine with the SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services back-end, attempt to add new ones always fail on "an error occured while trying to add the report to microsoft crm" Rdl file has been generated by Visual Studio 2005 own data source. Accidentally, I tried to modfy existing reports with VS 2005. There are problems with Data Sources. As an example, Account Summary's DSAccntSmmryReport was transated with to: declare @sql as nvarchar(4000) set @sql = ' SELECT top 10 CAST(accountid as nvarchar(100)) as AccountID, name, '''' as ...

my outlook forwards back to my origin site HELP PLEASE
my work webmail is set to forward my e-mail to my outlook but instead it is then forwarding it back to my work webmail. i cannot receive messages but i can send HELP!!!!! :( "p and p" wrote in message news:62277F0A-C9D1-4951-9D47-423DC05669A3@microsoft.com... > my work webmail is set to forward my e-mail to my outlook That is impossible. Outlook is an e-mail client, not an e-mail account. Forwarding goes to another ACCOUNT! > but instead it is then forwarding it back to my work webmail. Some possibilities based on the dearth of details that you have provided so far: ...

Website with lots of lookup queries
I am developing a search web interface to query our database. My concern is that the project will have around 100 lookup queries whose values will have to be loaded into Multi-select checkbox components. I would appreciate any ideas on techniques that would reduce page load time as well as the re-opening queries and reloading the values every time the page gets refresh or reloaded. One key point is that the lookup values may change on average around once a month. I am working with SQL Server 2008, VS2010 and DevExpress. Temoc wrote: > I am developing a search we...

Outlook 2007 Crashes when Opening Subfolder in Public Folders
Running Windows XP with all current Office and Microsoft Updates applied. Exchange Server 2003. Refreshed Roaming and Local Profiles. No Effect. User logged onto another PC with same problem. User had access to the folder and permissions are unchanged. Overall mailbox size is greater than 6 Gb. The generic "Microsooft has encountered a problem and has to close" pops up. Any thoughts? Anyone? ...

uploading my website from publisher
i've tried to follow your advice, david, and upload my website from publisher, but when signing in my FTP info have been rejected. Do you know why that could be? I'm trying to upload to geocities. Thanks, Shelley On Wed, 3 Aug 2005 16:39:05 +0100, shelley wrote (in article <51CEFFD3-CA70-42B2-9698-5B6E3625F915@microsoft.com>): > i've tried to follow your advice, david, and upload my website from > publisher, but when signing in my FTP info have been rejected. Do you know > why that could be? I'm trying to upload to geocities. > > Thanks, > >...

Services for Web Access
What services need to be running on the Exchange Server for Web Access to work? It should be running by default. Are you having problems or did you disable some services? Nue "ER" <ER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D2CE0A64-1284-46A9-98C6-D157B3763314@microsoft.com... > What services need to be running on the Exchange Server for Web Access to > work? On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 09:18:27 -0800, ER <ER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >What services need to be running on the Exchange Server for Web Access to work? All of them. Which ones are...

Cannot view Calenders on differents Exchange site
We have a rather disperse Exchange ORG. The issue is: We have "ABCompany" as our organization. Email communications is good. We have a hub spoke configuration, Exchange Site "A" and "B" communicate via a X.400 connection through a hub site, lets call it SITE "C". But, user "A" can't view user "B"'s calendar, even though user "B" has given user "A" the rights to view/modify/etc. the calendar element in his mailbox. Both user "A" and "B" belong to different "EXCHANGE SITES&quo...

Automating imports from website
Using XP and Office 2000. Trying to automate import of data from www.pcquote.com - some of thei option chart tables. What I have so far is after the ***'s below. Whenever this IQY file is run it opens a new Excel file and inserts th data in to that file. What I would like is to be able to: 1) Select a specific file to download data in to. 2) Automatically insert a new worksheet in to that file before th download and rename that worksheet to today's date. 3) Create a single executable/command file that would allow me to ru this on multiple stocks, eg. run the above for MXIM, QLGC, etc...

Navigating files and subfolders from a location
Hi, How do I go about getting a list of files and subfolders from a given location? I am using Visual Studio 6 and need to be able to provide a path, and then navigate through all of the sub folders and files, being able to open files at the same time. TIA Tony >How do I go about getting a list of files and subfolders from a given >location? Tony, FindFirstFile, FindNextFile, FindClose are the APIs to use - these are wrapped in MFC as the CFileFind class. Dave ...

??? re: Publishing to Web
So I'm in Publisher 2k3 and have built a website. For the sake of discussion, I've got five pages, plus graphics. If I simply select File -> Publish to Web, I'm prompted for an *.HTM file name. I save my page as default.htm and find that I've got the following in Explorer: <Proj Dir>\default.htm <Proj Dir>\default_files\project files (htm, graphics, etc.) When I upload these two (the default.htm file and the default_files directory), if I want to access one of the backing pages, I have to include the <default_files> in the web address, as follows:...

How to FTPCommand to upload file
Hi, In FTP server, the size of file always zero CHAR szTemp[256]; wsprintf (szTemp, "APPE %s", "test.txt"); BOOL bRet = FtpCommand(hConnection, TRUE, FTP_TRANSFER_TYPE_ASCII, szTemp, 0, &hResponse);// The handle to read the response if (!bRet) { cout << "FtpCommand failed, error: " << GetLastError() << endl; return; } Perhaps you should try to STOR the file instead of APPE it. HTH -- ============ Frank Hickman NobleSoft, Inc. ============ Replace the _nosp@m_ with @ to reply. "mjh" <jongh@21cn.com&...

Customization CRM Web References Issue
When I add a new Web References for my project using http://<mylocalhost>/mscrmservices/2006/CrmService.asmx, I get an error message as below: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\MedSculpt_Don_Cust\Web References\CRMSERVICE\Reference.map(1): Custom tool error: Unable to import WebService/Schema. Unable to import binding 'CrmServiceSoap' from namespace 'http://schemas.microsoft.com/crm/2006/WebServices'. Unable to import operation 'Execute'. Schema with targetNamespace='http://schemas.microsoft.com/crm/2006/WebServices' has invalid syntax. The global element '...

"Upload of file failed" Outlook Published Calendar
Is anyone still getting an error "Unable to sync to server, Upload of File failed" when trying to upload a published calendar to a subscription account? It still failing for free accounts. Actually, I don't think office online has subscription accounts - the free/paid hotmail accounts don't apply to this as anyone with a liveid can use it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.n...

Extracting site permissions
Hello, Is it possible to extract automatically the permissions set at the organization, sitename, configuration, server and container levels in any way for a site? Thanks, C ...

Remote Delivery Problem
Hi! We have Exchange 2003. At this moment we have problem to delivery mails to external domains. The recipients can sen/receive mails in internal SMTP domains on Exchange. But they can als receive amils from external domains. But they cannot send any mails to external domains. We looked queues on Exchange. The outgoing messages wait in the SMTP connector. The are not delivered. Any idea? Best Regards Mustafa On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 06:31:08 -0800, "mustafa" <mustafa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi! >We have Exchange 2003. > >At this moment we have problem...

Check out my New Website!
Hey! I just joined a new video social network and thought that this may be something you all would be interested in. It's launching in June and there are several different ways to make money including hosting your own Internet TV show! Go to my website and enroll -- there's zero cost to get started. http://www.beseencafe.com/supergirlz Thanks! ...

upload problems
the only way i can upload pictures is via firefox and thats just 5 at a time. if i try to bulk upload via ie8 it'll hang after about 2 pictures. have mentioned this in the feedback. its time consuming via firefox but at least they go up quickly and i don't have to mess around putting them back in order. is there ftp i can use to make it quicker. i'm starting to get a bit fed up with it now, to the point i'm thinking of maybe going to a pay host You're apparently referring to uploading to photos.live.com via the web browser. You posted to the newsgroup fo...

can't save files in subfolders using Word #2
I'm running Word on a Mac running OS X. When I go to save a file in Word, it only gives me the option to save in the root files like "Documents" or "Applications." How do I save the file into a subfolder? On a PC, I would double click to open the folders until I got to the folder I needed. That doesn't work here. Can someone help? I'm sure this is something obvious I'm missing. Thanks - Taylor In article <1163740041.258317.226140@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, taylorgriffin@gmail.com wrote: > I'm sure this is something obvious I'...

CETK &Remote tools connection
Hi All, I am using Windows CE 6 /VS 2005 and ARM platform (samsung 6410).I built image and sdk using PB.Failed to use platform builder remote tools/CETK ,as none of my CE 6 sdk's installed are displayed in devices list.Only my previous versions of (CE 5.0) sdk's are displayed.When I tried to use Visual Studio Remote tools (Remote file viewer,Registry Viewer etc)its displaying all my devices/sdks.Could you please help us to resolve this issue ,as it help us to use CETK from platform builder. Thanks in advance. Sam On 29 June, 06:29, sam <u...@msgroups.net/> wrote: > Hi All, ...

exporting/importing the address book from OE to Outlook including subfolders
Dear All, I'd like to export to Outlook from OE6 my vast address book, which is subdivided into several categories. I tried once and only exported my "shared contacts". How do I export/import the entire address book, with all of its subfolders to Outlook? Thank you! Cameron Cameron <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'd like to export to Outlook from OE6 my vast address > book, which is subdivided into several categories. I > tried once and only exported my "shared contacts". How > do I export/import the entire address book...

Adding Pages to SharePoint Websites
In Sharepoint Designer I don't have Lists and Templates? Please advise what is required to run SharePoint Server on a laptop? When you create a website to the c:\ drive do you have the same functionality as if it were a website? -- SP Trainee SharePoint is run on a server operating system, such as Windows Server 2003 or Windows Server server 2008, not on a standard laptop OS such as XP or Vista. (Sure you can throw Windows 7 in there as well. A SharePoint website actually sits inside of a SQL database and not in IIS as it would if it were a normal web site. You might...

Old VB websites
Hi I've noticed that a few of my favorite VB websites have vanished lately, perhaps not unexpectedly as they haven't been updated for a number of years. So, I'm wondering: a) It's permissible/acceptable to make copies of the remaining dormant sites in my favorites for browsing locally, and b) what's the best way to do it. Any comments/suggestions? Rob PS: Anyone know if killervb.com has gone for good? Robert <noname@noserver.com> wrote: >I've noticed that a few of my favorite VB websites have vanished >lately, perhaps not unexp...

Unable to open inbox content
Hello, I had logged into to my DWA and tried to open the content inside my mailbox, however an error occurs. Please see the attached screenshot, http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/8396/ss1pk.jpg I tried to google around the web and unable to find a solution to it, and hopefully someone can help me with it, thanks. ...

Outlook Web Access "Loading"
When I try to access OWA from my PC I get a constant "loading" message, but the inbox never appears. I can access this from my office and on a friends PC. It has worked on XP and Win 95. I am trying to acces on a Windows 2K OS. Could it be a problem with my broadband/cable provider? Any advice would be much appreciated! ...

Upload Button
I'm using WSS. In a document libaray, is there a way to hide or disable the Upload button on the tool bar? I can hide the options under the button but that does not disable the button. Thanks, Joel ...