Showing hidden fields?

I have a form located at:
http://www.sacredheartlanc.org/school/scrip/scrip_order.htm

At the bottom of the form under, Order Pick-Up, I have extra code that's
suppose to show when "Other" is selected from the drop down menu. This is
where someone can add details about how they intend to pickup their order.
This used to work fine but now it no longer shows properly.

The error I'm seeing on line 30 is  "Error: 'document.order.Pickup' is null
or not an object"

This error shows in "preview" when making a selection in "Order Pick-Up" and
also when using a IE 7

I also had a bit of validation to ensure a few fields were filled in. Now
that no longer works! I get "The Webpage cannot be found" and the address in
the address bar is:
http://www.sacredheartlanc.org/school/_derived/nortbots.htm

The user is suppose to be taken to the confirmation page.

Huh, as I'm typing this I'm starting to think it has something to do with
FPSE. I just installed EW3 and not sure how to use it as of yet. Is this
something that can be corrected with EW3? I just want to get this page
working again for now until I have the time to switch over to EW3.

0
sheetrum
12/28/2009 5:09:23 AM
frontpage.client 522 articles. 0 followers. Follow

For the nortbots error -
see http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/tests/nortbots.aspx
It sounds as if the form page was FTPed to the server as a single file.

The other error:
The script is looking for a form named "order".  The form is actually named
"scrip_order" - rename the form.

In order to work correctly in most browsers,
<script>  should be written as <script type="text/javascript">

EW3 will support this form, but you have to ensure you Publish with the
FrontPage extensions.
Click the Publishing tag at the bottom of the screen, then click Publishing
settings at top right.
Select the remote site you Publish to, and click the  Edit button
Make sure the connection type is FrontPage server extensions
and the Location starts with HTTP://   __NOT__   FTP://
Click Save

--
Ron Symonds
Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)

"sheetrum" <sheetrum@verizon.net> wrote in message
> I have a form located at:
> http://www.sacredheartlanc.org/school/scrip/scrip_order.htm
>
> At the bottom of the form under, Order Pick-Up, I have extra code that's
> suppose to show when "Other" is selected from the drop down menu. This is
> where someone can add details about how they intend to pickup their order.
> This used to work fine but now it no longer shows properly.
>
> The error I'm seeing on line 30 is  "Error: 'document.order.Pickup' is
> null or not an object"
>
> This error shows in "preview" when making a selection in "Order Pick-Up"
> and also when using a IE 7
>
> I also had a bit of validation to ensure a few fields were filled in. Now
> that no longer works! I get "The Webpage cannot be found" and the address
> in the address bar is:
> http://www.sacredheartlanc.org/school/_derived/nortbots.htm
>
> The user is suppose to be taken to the confirmation page.
>
> Huh, as I'm typing this I'm starting to think it has something to do with
> FPSE. I just installed EW3 and not sure how to use it as of yet. Is this
> something that can be corrected with EW3? I just want to get this page
> working again for now until I have the time to switch over to EW3.

0
Ronx
12/28/2009 9:12:46 AM
Check to ensure your host hasn't recently removed FPSE

"sheetrum" wrote:

> I have a form located at:
> http://www.sacredheartlanc.org/school/scrip/scrip_order.htm
>
> At the bottom of the form under, Order Pick-Up, I have extra code that's
> suppose to show when "Other" is selected from the drop down menu. This is
> where someone can add details about how they intend to pickup their order.
> This used to work fine but now it no longer shows properly.
>
> The error I'm seeing on line 30 is  "Error: 'document.order.Pickup' is null
> or not an object"
>
> This error shows in "preview" when making a selection in "Order Pick-Up" and
> also when using a IE 7
>
> I also had a bit of validation to ensure a few fields were filled in. Now
> that no longer works! I get "The Webpage cannot be found" and the address in
> the address bar is:
> http://www.sacredheartlanc.org/school/_derived/nortbots.htm
>
> The user is suppose to be taken to the confirmation page.
>
> Huh, as I'm typing this I'm starting to think it has something to do with
> FPSE. I just installed EW3 and not sure how to use it as of yet. Is this
> something that can be corrected with EW3? I just want to get this page
> working again for now until I have the time to switch over to EW3.
>

> .

So I'm kinda behind the eight ball, My host is now requiring publishing
using SFTP.

What kind of form will work if I can only publish using SFTP? Dows that mean
that I need to move to some type of server side validation. I really don't
understand it much. About all I know is that my host does support PHP. Is it
better to just type the code for that or is there an inexpensive program
that would help with the code?

"Ronx" <ronx917@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> For the nortbots error -
> see http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/tests/nortbots.aspx
> It sounds as if the form page was FTPed to the server as a single file.
>
> The other error:
> The script is looking for a form named "order".  The form is actually
> named "scrip_order" - rename the form.
>
> In order to work correctly in most browsers,
> <script>  should be written as <script type="text/javascript">
>
> EW3 will support this form, but you have to ensure you Publish with the
> FrontPage extensions.
> Click the Publishing tag at the bottom of the screen, then click
> Publishing settings at top right.
> Select the remote site you Publish to, and click the  Edit button
> Make sure the connection type is FrontPage server extensions
> and the Location starts with HTTP://   __NOT__   FTP://
> Click Save
>

> --
> Ron Symonds
> Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)
> http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp
>
> Reply only to group - emails will be deleted unread.
>

> "sheetrum" <sheetrum@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> I have a form located at:
>> http://www.sacredheartlanc.org/school/scrip/scrip_order.htm
>>
>> At the bottom of the form under, Order Pick-Up, I have extra code that's
>> suppose to show when "Other" is selected from the drop down menu. This is
>> where someone can add details about how they intend to pickup their
>> order. This used to work fine but now it no longer shows properly.
>>
>> The error I'm seeing on line 30 is  "Error: 'document.order.Pickup' is
>> null or not an object"
>>
>> This error shows in "preview" when making a selection in "Order Pick-Up"
>> and also when using a IE 7
>>
>> I also had a bit of validation to ensure a few fields were filled in. Now
>> that no longer works! I get "The Webpage cannot be found" and the address
>> in the address bar is:
>> http://www.sacredheartlanc.org/school/_derived/nortbots.htm
>>
>> The user is suppose to be taken to the confirmation page.
>>
>> Huh, as I'm typing this I'm starting to think it has something to do with
>> FPSE. I just installed EW3 and not sure how to use it as of yet. Is this
>> something that can be corrected with EW3? I just want to get this page
>> working again for now until I have the time to switch over to EW3.

0
sheetrum
12/29/2009 1:47:08 AM
Contact your host and ask them what type for form handler (or server side script for forms) they support

SBR @ ENJOY (-:              [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ]
"Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!"  (-;

"sheetrum" <sheetrum@verizon.net> wrote in message news:%23irzmjCiKHA.2184@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
So I'm kinda behind the eight ball, My host is now requiring publishing
using SFTP.

What kind of form will work if I can only publish using SFTP? Dows that mean
that I need to move to some type of server side validation. I really don't
understand it much. About all I know is that my host does support PHP. Is it
better to just type the code for that or is there an inexpensive program
that would help with the code?

"Ronx" <ronx917@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> For the nortbots error -
> see http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/tests/nortbots.aspx
> It sounds as if the form page was FTPed to the server as a single file.
>
> The other error:
> The script is looking for a form named "order".  The form is actually
> named "scrip_order" - rename the form.
>
> In order to work correctly in most browsers,
> <script>  should be written as <script type="text/javascript">
>
> EW3 will support this form, but you have to ensure you Publish with the
> FrontPage extensions.
> Click the Publishing tag at the bottom of the screen, then click
> Publishing settings at top right.
> Select the remote site you Publish to, and click the  Edit button
> Make sure the connection type is FrontPage server extensions
> and the Location starts with HTTP://   __NOT__   FTP://
> Click Save
>

> --
> Ron Symonds
> Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)
> http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp
>
> Reply only to group - emails will be deleted unread.
>

> "sheetrum" <sheetrum@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> I have a form located at:
>> http://www.sacredheartlanc.org/school/scrip/scrip_order.htm
>>
>> At the bottom of the form under, Order Pick-Up, I have extra code that's
>> suppose to show when "Other" is selected from the drop down menu. This is
>> where someone can add details about how they intend to pickup their
>> order. This used to work fine but now it no longer shows properly.
>>
>> The error I'm seeing on line 30 is  "Error: 'document.order.Pickup' is
>> null or not an object"
>>
>> This error shows in "preview" when making a selection in "Order Pick-Up"
>> and also when using a IE 7
>>
>> I also had a bit of validation to ensure a few fields were filled in. Now
>> that no longer works! I get "The Webpage cannot be found" and the address
>> in the address bar is:
>> http://www.sacredheartlanc.org/school/_derived/nortbots.htm
>>
>> The user is suppose to be taken to the confirmation page.
>>
>> Huh, as I'm typing this I'm starting to think it has something to do with
>> FPSE. I just installed EW3 and not sure how to use it as of yet. Is this
>> something that can be corrected with EW3? I just want to get this page
>> working again for now until I have the time to switch over to EW3.

0
Stefan

analytical accounting lookups should only show valid codes
When entering AA transaction distributions, the code lookup window should only show valid code combinations. It's not intuitive for the user to have to select a code and get an error message to discover which codes are valid. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the mess...

Outlook shows offline during dial up
Having a problem with outlook 2002. Over the WAN everything works fine. Dial up and connect to the network (VPN) internet work fine. Outlook will sync up however, a red x shows up in the bottom right hand corner. Outlook shows offline, I can send and receive but must hit send and receive. I have reloaded the computer from scratch and still have the same problem. Could it be a Excange setting? Any Ideas? Thanks for the help, If you hit File | Connect to Exchange Server what happens? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize ...

Show Window
I am currently developing a MFC SDI application. I want to integrate a tray icon with it. When the application is minimized it hides by ShowWindow(SW_HIDE) and then when double clicked on tray icon shown by ShowWindow(SW_SHOWNORMAL). But the problem is if some other application is activated after my application is minimized, ShowWindow shows it but it's behind some screen. I have tried with SetFocus didn't work. Please help me to solve this problem. Thank you. Varuna Try BringWindowToTop. ---- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com In addition to Ajay's idea you can also use SetFor...

Information Stores show dismounted yet mail is still flowing...
Background: Windows AD Mixed moded. Exchange 2003 installed on to a 2 node Microsoft cluster. 1 Front End server...connecting to the primary cluster node. Windows 2003 Standard on, FE Windows 2003 Enterprise Server on BEs (<---cluster) no service packs on either. Exchange has SP1 installed on both nodes and the FE. There are still Exchange 5.5 servers in the environment although they are not being used. The Issue: .....the information stores and public folders all show that they are dismounted...yet email is still flowing into and out of the server without any issues. I just...

reminder still shows up
when I run Outlook.exe /cleanreminders it simply opens Outlook, I am running Vista "Toppro" <Toppro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7AE8DBF7-6BE3-454A-82F9-5A040566026C@microsoft.com... > when I run Outlook.exe /cleanreminders it simply opens Outlook, I am > running > Vista Outlook version? The Windows version isn't as important and that of Outlook. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Using ajax call to fetch multiple results from multiple queries and showing them 1 by 1 as the results comes.
Hello, I've 20 labels in a 2x10 table on a page. for each label, data comes by individual queries. (total 20 queries for the page.) and it takes about 30-40 seconds for the page to load, and it's not comfortable for the user to see blank page. I want that each cell will show loading.gif images. As and when data comes from query, the images should go visible=false, and the label should display the values one by one. How do I do this task using ajax? Some ASP.NET code example will be helpful for me, as I'm a kind of beginner. Thanks ...

Results show as a minus. WHY?
I have an application that was developed by another developer using VB.net which reside in a SQL table. I need to use some of the data from this table, however the data shows as -0.5 or - 0.99 or -1.70 etc in my Access tables. How can I get those numbers to show as a percentage with only one decimal point to the left? Example: 3.6% or 31.4 %. Any help would be greatly appreciated. No matter what I do it shows that dang "-" at the beginning. You can use the Abs function to strip off the negative Abs([YourTable].[YourField]) And you can format that as percentage either using th...

show comments when cell is highlighted Vs when cursor runs over? #2
How do you make the comments appear when the cell is highlighted opposed to when the mouse cursor runs over the cell? You can press Shift/F2, or Insert/Edit Comment. If you wanted to see it "automatically", when you select the cell, you'd need a macro, but I don't think this is what you're asking. Bob Umlas Excel MVP "Don" wrote: > How do you make the comments appear when the cell is highlighted opposed to > when the mouse cursor runs over the cell? To at least Excel 2000, if you have the Tools, Options, Comment Indicator Only you will see the co...

I need to type numbers into an excel spreadsheet some of them begin with a zero some do not. How can I have excel show the 0 in the numbers that begin with 0. If I type 0236547 the number shows as 236547. I don't want all the numbers I type to begin with zero. I am using Excel 2003. Thanks very much for your help. Best regards, Dee use a custom format with how ever many digits you need, 000000 -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "Dee" <Dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA60FC8A-C7CB-432A-B2B2-EEEBF86D2646@microsoft.com... >...

Comments not showing
When a SharePoint workflow is edited and a comment is added. The comment does not display in the workflow status screen under workflow history. It shows as follows: Task assigned to Andre Wessels was completed by System Account. Comments: Instead of: Task assigned to Andre Wessels was completed by System Account. Comments: Please update to the new company logo. This happens for all standard SharePoint workflows (Approval, Collect Feedback). Any custom workflows does show the comment. The comment field is update in the task item. It just does not show. There is no error in t...

Report Server shows 'Service Unavailable'
Hi, before install, the SRS setup, send me a warning, some like "the Windows Sharepoint Services are install and not permit initialize a Reportserver component" i skip wiht the installation, so.. I can't run http://<localhost>/Reports and http://<localhost>ReportServer show a message "Service Unavailabe", but the ReportServer service is running How initialize that or what do i do? ------=_NextPart_0001_09E699C9 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <Miguel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > before install, the SRS set...

Sum multiple fields on a form using access 2007
I have created a form but have 4 fields on that form that i would like to sum and store the total in another field created on the structure. What is the VB code to do that? Summing multiple fields on a form <Summing multiple fields on a form@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have created a form but have 4 fields on that form that i would like to sum >and store the total in another field created on the structure. What is the >VB code to do that? You should not need any code. Just add a text box in the form's header or footer sectio and use expression...

Linking numbers into the fields
I'm trying to link a number to several different fields, and I'm having a terrible time trying to figure it out. How can I link one number to the same field in a different worksheet? I.E> I type B7 in field c10, and on the other sheets I want it to paste automatically to C10 on their pages. Select the sheets first and then type it in "Kenneth" <kboogie88@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:103a01c3a2e1$c8cbb300$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I'm trying to link a number to several different fields, > and I'm having a terrible time trying to figure it out. &...

Show more time in weekly view?
Outlook 2007 On default the weekly view is only showing until 4 PM without scrolling down. I know there is a way to let you see into the evening hours also without scrolling. Help please. Thanks... Bob ...

TransparentBlt doesn't show the bitmap in ME?
The following doesn't print the bitmap on ME while it works on 2k/xp, can someone help me? Though the status returns TRUE. Thanks. Jiac. CDC *hdc, bghdc; CBitmap bgBitmap; BITMAP bmpInfo; //loads bitmap into memory bgBitmap.LoadBitmap(IDB_BITMAP5); // this bitmap has no needles // get bitmap info bgBitmap.GetBitmap(&bmpInfo); hdc = m_obj->GetDC(); bghdc.CreateCompatibleDC(hdc); bghdc.SelectObject(&bgBitmap); BOOL status = hdc->TransparentBlt(0, 0, 80, 80, &bghdc, 0, 0, 80, 80, TRANSPARENT_KEY_COLOR); //TRANSPARENT_KEY_COLOR if (st...

Showing a Null result
I have a parent table linked to several child tables via a unique text string The report shows reults from the main table, and has subreports for the child tables. Some records in the parent table have no equivalents in the child tables. Can I insert some code to produce the subreports with a "None" or "NA" text string, without populating the child tables with these terms? My problem is that, I need to run "counting" queries on the child tables, but the "N/A" records skew the numbers by adding records where there should be none. I'm not su...

mail box rights it only shows "SELF"
Once the user has been created, checking the Email address tab show nothing (empty), I pointing rus to the right DC, this solve that problem, but i have still have the next problem: under the mail box rights it only shows "SELF" where as all the other account show 8 or more system users? exchange 2003 Gr, Marco On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 13:10:27 -0800, "Marco" <Marco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Once the user has been created, checking the Email address tab show nothing >(empty), I pointing rus to the right DC, this solve that problem, but i have >...

Clear Data>Security Resource Description table not showing in list
GPv10 Logged in as sa. Go to Maint. >Clear Data>System and in the Tables list the Security Resource Description table is not there. Is there something I need to do to get access to that table? Thanks. Gi Never mind....I figured it out. You have to change the Display to Physical....Duh!! ...

Show Data Field After Hiding
I found a note from someone with the same question regarding reshowing data that was hidden after it was deselected from the drop-down list. And yes, it is easy enough to drag it back on from the field list, but if it involves anything more than just a sum or count, then you have to recreate it. For instance, my rows are years. One of my data fields I would like in the table twice - once as a sum and then again as % difference from previous year. The reason for wanting to hide one or the other, is I'm plotting this over time and would like to use the same chart. Since the scales are ob...

How to create a hidden message in a folder
Hi there, the application that I am working with requires a hidden message (of any class) to be inside a folder (corporate archive) on the root of the mailbox so that it can identify the specific folder and then archive its contents. I understand that I need to create this hidden message in the Associated Contents Table but i dont know how. Can someone please point me the correct way? is it done on the outlook client? on the exchange server? I appreciate any help Regards Davide You cannot create a hidden message manually. You must use code. Perhaps = the easiest method is to use CDO 1...

gp 10 -how to show a list of sop documents for a specific customer?
Hello, What is the best way to return all SOP documents for a specific customer using GP10 list? (not smartlist) This is our problem: -we go to the Customers list. -select a customer and goto > "view transactions" our problem is that any sop transaction that we click on that is moved to history, opens the AR transaction instead of the SOP document. Context? a customer calls and wants to know if something they bought is under warranty but they have no clue when they bought it. So we will not know what date is was bought. We are just using SOP, not service management. -- J...

why is my typing in message not showing up?
i cannot create a new message without selecting font color for each message even though i have selected auto. how do i correct this? Are you using stationary? Perhaps your text is set to be the same colour as the background. "camel" <camel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4694EA48-ABE5-48D9-AA7F-200A9E146F9C@microsoft.com... > i cannot create a new message without selecting font color for each message > even though i have selected auto. how do i correct this? On 3/19/2010 8:45 AM, Orland, Kathleen wrote: > Are you using stationary? Pe...

Passing varaibles from one list field to another
I hope i can explain this clearly enough, I have a database, in which I want a form with a list box, that looks up active campaigns (thats the easy bit.) I have another list box which is empty. in the middle of these two text boxes are 4 buttons. What i want is, when the user preses the top button it selects all the variables (active campaigns) from the left hand text box and inputs it to the right hand text box. If the user wants to select only a few variables they left click on the options they want and left click on the second button down. Again this then moves this data from the l...

Yes and no fields display on a form
How can I get a combo box to display a yes or no on a form instead of -1 or 0? hi wanna chat? Set the combo box's ControlSource property to the name of the underlying Boolean (Yes/No) field. Set its RowSourceType property to: Value List Set its RowSource property to: Yes;No And set its Format property to: Yes/No Ken Sheridan Stafford, England Lovespar wrote: >How can I get a combo box to display a yes or no on a form instead of -1 or 0? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com thanks, that worked to perfection! "KenSheridan via A...