Results from SQL database

Hi,
I want to create a new search page which users will use to search for
particular information from MS SQL database.

How do i go about creating the search form and the results form.

thanks for your help

Mo
frontpage.client 522 articles. 0 followers. Follow

What scripting language do you intend to use?

If asp.NET the use Visual Web Developer Express  instead of FrontPage, and
look at the tutorials at
www.HomePagedoctor.com/Tutorials.htm  .  Consider using Expression Web for
designing the page layout.
VWDE is a free download from
 http://www.asp.net/downloads/essential/
and a 60 day trial for Expression Web from
http://www.microsoft.com/expression

If  "classic" ASP, then look at the database results and database interface
wizards in FrontPage

--
Ron Symonds
Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)

"mahmad" <mahmad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I want to create a new search page which users will use to search for
> particular information from MS SQL database.
>
> How do i go about creating the search form and the results form.
>
> thanks for your help
>
> Mo

0
Ronx
2/3/2010 5:26:05 PM
Hi Ronx,

I am using html for the rest of the pages and asp for the datasbase part.  I
am using my Vista pc as the server.  I have run the frontpage db wizard and
it produces a search field, is able to connect to my external db via odbc,
but when i type a word and click on search nothing happens.

cheers

Mo

"Ronx" wrote:

> What scripting language do you intend to use?
>
> If asp.NET the use Visual Web Developer Express  instead of FrontPage, and
> look at the tutorials at
> www.HomePagedoctor.com/Tutorials.htm  .  Consider using Expression Web for
> designing the page layout.
> VWDE is a free download from
>  http://www.asp.net/downloads/essential/
> and a 60 day trial for Expression Web from
> http://www.microsoft.com/expression
>
> If  "classic" ASP, then look at the database results and database interface
> wizards in FrontPage
>
> --
> Ron Symonds
> Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)
> http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp
>
> Reply only to group - emails will be deleted unread.
>

> "mahmad" <mahmad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > I want to create a new search page which users will use to search for
> > particular information from MS SQL database.
> >
> > How do i go about creating the search form and the results form.
> >
> > thanks for your help
> >
> > Mo
>
> .

I have used FrontPage 2003 to set up a test page, with IIS7 on Windows 7 and
SQL server 2005 and have no problems - the results are as expected. A copy
of this page is at
http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/tests/pages/sqlserver-test.asp
but is unlikely to give any clues as to why your page fails.

The database connection I used was created using the "SQL Server" option
from the Database Results Wizard.

Check that your server is configured to use parent paths - the DBR uses
these extensively.

Also, open _fpclass/fbdbrgn1.inc in FrontPage, and at line 19
change fp_DEBUG = False to fp_DEBUG = True

This should enable any errors to be displayed.
--

> Hi Ronx,
>
> I am using html for the rest of the pages and asp for the datasbase part.
> am using my Vista pc as the server.  I have run the frontpage db wizard
> and
> it produces a search field, is able to connect to my external db via odbc,
> but when i type a word and click on search nothing happens.
>
> cheers
>
> Mo
>
> "Ronx" wrote:
>
>> What scripting language do you intend to use?
>>
>> If asp.NET the use Visual Web Developer Express  instead of FrontPage,
>> and
>> look at the tutorials at
>> www.HomePagedoctor.com/Tutorials.htm  .  Consider using Expression Web
>> for
>> designing the page layout.
>> VWDE is a free download from
>>  http://www.asp.net/downloads/essential/
>> and a 60 day trial for Expression Web from
>> http://www.microsoft.com/expression
>>
>> If  "classic" ASP, then look at the database results and database
>> interface
>> wizards in FrontPage
>>
>> --
>> Ron Symonds
>> Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)
>> http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp
>>
>> Reply only to group - emails will be deleted unread.
>>

>> "mahmad" <mahmad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> > I want to create a new search page which users will use to search for
>> > particular information from MS SQL database.
>> >
>> > How do i go about creating the search form and the results form.
>> >
>> > thanks for your help
>> >
>> > Mo
>>
>> .

0
Ronx

Please help me decipher the result of COUNT.
Following data from A1:A7 Sales 12/8/2008 19 22.24 TRUE #DIV/0! =COUNT(A1:A7,2) returns 4. I don't understand where the four occurrences of 2 come from. 22.24 = 3 occurrences 12/8/2008 = 2 occurrences total of 5?? I know I am missing something. Please tell me. Is there a tool that I can use to trace? I tried the formula auditing toolbar, no luck because there is no error and trace precedents is not detailed enough. Appreciate explanation. Epinn have a look in the help index for COUNT -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr...

If statement result appearing in different colors
Is there a way to write an IF statement where the text will change color depending on the result? eg =if(x=0,"RED-colored text","BLACK-colored text") where 'RED-colored text' would appear in RED, etc Thank You! WayneD Take a look at Format|Conditional formatting. WGD wrote: > > Is there a way to write an IF statement where the text will change color > depending on the result? eg > > =if(x=0,"RED-colored text","BLACK-colored text") where 'RED-colored text' > would appear in RED, etc > > Thank ...

Conditional Formatting using result of Cell Formulas
Hi, I'm trying to make a conditional format when the result of a formula results in a value being entered in a cell. I'm using Excel Xp and my formula is as follows. =IF(F160="Need Info",TODAY()-S160,"") I've tried using formulas like >0, <>"", <>BLANK etc. but they all seem to fail. All cells are formatted, even entirely blank cells, as if the condition has been met. BTW, is this formula better strategically than the above formula. =IF(F160<>"Need Info","",TODAY()-S160) Just curious. TIA!!! Norm If ...

Backup Rights on All Future Databases
How can I grant the right of a login to backup every DB, both present and future. Must it be sysadmin? I suspect so One way to do it is: 1. Add the chosen login as a user in the model database. 2. Make the user a member of the db_backupoperator role of the model database. After that, whenever you create a new database, that user and role permission will be copied from model into the new database. This will not, however, apply to any databases that are copied or restored from another server. Or, you could create a New Database template that includes the grants of rights t...

SQL service broker
It appears that the service broker newsgroup may be dead ? I apologize if some view this a cross posting... I have a process whereby I would like to accomplish the following... The setting includes many client workstations using a VB.net application to communicates with a database via ADO connections. The workstations will be adding "transactional" information into some sql server tables. Been there, done that... so far, so good... Unfortunately, that is only half of the "transaction"... Once the first half of the transaction has been successfully com...

sql result different to excel result
Hi, Just wondering why I am having such problems rounding figures, when I round the same figure on an Excel Sheet, I end up with a different end result to what appears in sql. The Excel Looks Like This. Net Vat Total Allocated Result (=(NET+VAT)/Allocated*Total) 900.00 157.50 1721.38 1721.38 1057.50 150.00 26.25 1721.38 1721.38 176.25 The Result field is a calculated field and is rounded to 2 decimal places, the calculation is in brackets next to the title name. The Table in SQL has the same structure but the net, vat,...

Count results from query with no results
I have continous form with an unbound text box [keyword] and a button [search]. There is also an unbound textbox [numberofresults] that counts the number of records returned. If the search produces no results, the [numberofresults] needs to read 0, instead it is just blank. What is the proper way to show zero results as 0 and not blank? It depends on how you are doing your search? Do you have a function? Are you just filtering the recordset? Dale -- email address is invalid Please reply to newsgroup only. "Ryan Tisserand" wrote: > I have continous form with an un...

Formula to return numerical, text result?
I need to create a formula that based upon three possible factors, wil return one of two calculations or a text message. If cell B="Good", the formula in cell C returns "Text" If cell B="Better", the formula in cell C returns cell A*.3 If cell B="Best", the formula in cell C returns cell A*.5 Thanks in advance for any tips -- burgeo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- burgeon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2023 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php...

How to replace a function with its result or resulting reference in a formula?
Hello How to replace a function with its result in a formula? For example, =INDEX(...)+INDEX(...) with =result_of_INDEX(a...)+result_of_INDEX(b...)=1025+1307. How to replace a function with its resulting reference in a formula? For example, =HLOOKUP(1...)+HLOOKUP(2...) with =b11+z11. I need to replace in 1000 cells automatically. "Dmitry Kopnichev" <kopn@bk.ruDelete> �������/�������� � �������� ���������: news:%23cF5PL9zFHA.916@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hello > How to replace a function with its result in a formula? For example, > =INDEX(...)+INDEX(...) with > =r...

Hide results
I am putting together a summary spreadsheet of dates from seperate worksheets in an excel file. In the summary sheet I reference the 'end' date from the summary sheet. If there is no date in the original file, what formula can I use to leave that cell blank/hide on the summary sheet? The way I have it now the results show the default of 1/0/1900 Here is the formula used to reference the info from. =Summary!K5 =IF(Summary!K5="","",Summary!K5) -- David Biddulph "bigred72" <bigred72@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Database Design Question
I am very new to database design, and kind of learning as I go. Thus I have a question about the design of my database. I am working on a budget database. I have a table that contains all the Categories (Cat_ID, Description, Income/Expense), a table with transactions (I have other tables doing other unrelated things. I have a form to input transactions, and a form to add new categories (This is a multiple items form). The categories is basically my chart of accounts. My ultimate goal is to create a form where I can select a budget month and year, and have it list all t...

Rounding actual results
Hi, I've got a grid that says: Hr Min Maths: 5 25 English: 7 25 And so on. I'm wanting to work out how much time is devoted to learning in the whole week. What I've got so far is: Hr Min Total learning time: =A1+A2... (counts up all totals in hours column) My current answer for hours is 18. I'm stuck with what to do with the minutes column. so far, I've got an ...

Business Portal 3.0
Hi, I cannot see any Project related data in the Business Portal Queries. I have checked, double-checked and triple-checked security, and all seems valid. My user is a Project Manager and Project Approver. The Project Manager role definitely has Data Permissions access to all the Project objects. There are about 142 projects in total. If I click in Project-Queries-Projects, I get the message: Query Returned No Results Any ideas? Regards Konrad ...

ACC200: error in SQL string
I have a really long SQL string I'm trying to assing to a string variable in VBA code. Here it is: sSQL = "SELECT Mid(Str([billed_dt]),2,4) AS [Year], dbo_ARCUSFIL_SQL.slspsn_no, _ dbo_ARCUSFIL_SQL.cus_no, dbo_OELINHST_SQL.item_desc_1, dbo_OELINHST_SQL.item_no, _ dbo_OELINHST_SQL.qty_ordered, dbo_OELINHST_SQL.unit_price, dbo_ARCUSFIL_SQL.cus_name, _ dbo_ARCUSFIL_SQL.addr_1, dbo_ARCUSFIL_SQL.addr_2, dbo_ARCUSFIL_SQL.city, _ dbo_ARCUSFIL_SQL.state, dbo_ARCUSFIL_SQL.zip, dbo_ARCUSFIL_SQL.country _ FROM dbo_ARCUSFIL_SQL _ LEFT JOIN dbo_OELINHST_SQL ON dbo_ARCUSFIL_SQL.cus_no = dbo...

Displaying and hyperlinking search results in MFC app
I have an MFC (MDI) app that was written using Visual Studio 6. The app retrieves some search results from the database and I want to display those to the user. From the search results I want the user to be able to click via hyperlink to pull up the item. Within MFC what is the best way to display this data? The requirements are: 1. I want to be able to include a small icon for each seach result. 2. I want to include some descriptive text and have the ability to change the colors of that text. 3. I need to be able to trap the clicked event on the hyperlink. 4. It would also be nice if ...

moving database
I would like to know how tomove the database we use to another computer while we upgrade to windows xp (formating the drive) and still be able to work i have looked in the book but it only shows how to restore..thanks You first need to do a manual backup of the database. Take the .bck file over to the computer that you are going to be using in the interim. Follow the steps on restoring the backup. Then change where the database points to in the SO Administrator to on that computer to point locally = (local). After changing the setting press the Test Database Connection button if it suc...

Formula Result is different from the shown result
In the Function Arguments dialog the official Formula Result is different (and wrong) from the result shown after "=" just under the Serial number field. I am using the Year formula. Whatever formatting I use for the date neither this formula nor Text to Columns can return the correct year. EG: Date is 15-05-07 or 39217, Forumula Result = 1905 but under serial number field it shows the correct result of = 2007 Dan, This question; at least to me, isn't clear. What are you entering and where and what is the formula you are referring to? If you enter something ...

SQL Server 2008 functionality
Hi, In my SQL Server 2008 ,I just restore a database DB1 from a .bak file which is from my SQL Server 2000. I have a user UserA in the DB1, how do I set up the SELECT/UPDATE/DELETE privilege for UserA on DB1's tables? Thanks for help. Jason Users and permissions are inside the database. You might have lost the connect from the user to the login (investigate the sys.server_principals and sys.database_principals tables using the SID column). This you handle using ALTER LOGIN or possibly sp_help_revlogins (Bing/Google). If the user didn't exists in the first ...

Database schema
Does anybody have an "official" database schema or data model for these databases? The list of tables and field names for the dbs are in the Resource Descriptions under Tools in GP Our book Information Flow and Posting maps the movement of data between the tables for the transactions in GP, RM, PM POP, SOP, and Inventory. Find it on our web site at http://www.AccoladePublications.com Are we going to see you at Convergence in Orlando? We are throwing a big party aboard an ocean going cruise ship on Wednesday. Visit our web site at http://www.AccoladePublications.com for d...

If Statement in textbox if the results show as #Error
I have a textbox where its doing % change from two other textboxes. And sometimes the other two other textboxes have 0 as values and it won't be able to do the calculation. I am getting two errors...#Error and #Num!. How can i fix that so it shows blank instead of the #Error and #Num!..... Thank you, Jay You need to change your formula to cater for the possibility of zero (or null) in the other textboxes. Without knowing your formula, I can't specify what to do. -Dorian "Jay" wrote: > I have a textbox where its doing % change from two other textboxes. And &...

unrecognized database format 04-26-06
Good morning. I'm posting here, even though my issue is not a result of a DB conversion. I have a 2000 DB file that I set up on a server and also emailed to a user. My user and myself are both using Access 2003, but when my user tries to access the DB on the server and locally, she gets this error message: unrecognized database format 'path'. To test, I converted my DB from 2000 to 2003, but she still couldn't open it. I've never had this problem. You would think a user would be able to open a 2000 or 2003 file when running Access 2003. I have not had this error in...

No result!
Hi , i have a query, sometimes the formula doesn't yield the result which it should, even simple things like =d2-c2. The result is "=D2-C2" while if i try it in some other cell or say other worksheet , it works fine! Any ideas? -- Jim India Hi Jim, Your cells were formatted as text before you entered the formula. Format as General and re-enter the formula (F2, ENTER) -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Jim" <kunalbhardwaj@msn.com> wrote in message news:eVtV%23MfvEHA.1260@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > > Hi , i have a query, some...

Database spliter
Hi can you please help me I split my database and set up password for my new end database but now I can not access a forms or queries in my front database when I removed the password everything works ok so haw can I apply password to my end database and still access the front one Thanks for your help in advance Anna Anna: The password to the back end file needs to be included in the Connect property of each linked table in the front end. You could amend this property and refresh the link for every linked table using code, but it would be simpler to delete all the linked tables...

SQL Help Please!! :)
select item.itemlookupcode, item.description, quantitydiscount.description AS Discount_Description from item, quantitydiscount where item.quantitydiscountid = quantitydiscount.id and item.quantitydiscountid <> 0 The select query above returns item lookup code, description, and the quantity discount descritiption and lets me see every item in my DB which is assigned to a promotion. Can anyone help me by adding the item price, department and supplier name to the query so i can see those details? Thanks very much! Hi Philip...extend the select query the following way select item....

Migrate CRM 3.0
We are currently on 3.0 with 75 users, 2/3 are remote, almost all are Outlook clients. Our CRM database currently has 2 BUs. Moving forward to 4.0 I want to split those BUs into 2 separate "databases" using the 4.0 multi-tenant feature. Any tips on what the best method for doing this is? -Melissa Hi Melissa you have a different BU or organization because there is a Import Organization Wizard to use multi-tenancy feature. Remember that only Enterprice version of MS CRM 4.0 support multi-tenancy feature ------------------------------------------------------- MS CRM Consultan...