Modify Font on Link Bar Buttons Set default Font for entire Site

1. I have used Web Component Link Bar graphical style based on the 'Satin' 
theme. It seems to use font Verdana size 10 pt. I want to letters smaller 
using Tahoma 10 pt. 

2. I went to Insert Web Component window, selected the block of four 'Satin' 
bars, found no way to modify

3. I had already gone to Tools, Page Options, Default Fonts, set Design View 
Fonts Tahoma and and Code View Font Tahoma size 10. Here I had no option to 
set size for Design View. How can I set uniform font Tahoma size 10 
throughout the Site for all pages existing and future in one stroke? 
Modifying Styles cannot help in this context.
0
Utf
1/28/2010 11:01:01 AM
frontpage.client 522 articles. 0 followers. Follow

4 Replies
657 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 39

you have to modify the Theme

-- 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano
Microsoft MVP Expression Web






"mkr" <mkr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:4625D855-8631-4B9E-98B1-98F3BD61B101@microsoft.com...
> 1. I have used Web Component Link Bar graphical style based on the 'Satin'
> theme. It seems to use font Verdana size 10 pt. I want to letters smaller
> using Tahoma 10 pt.
>
> 2. I went to Insert Web Component window, selected the block of four 
> 'Satin'
> bars, found no way to modify
>
> 3. I had already gone to Tools, Page Options, Default Fonts, set Design 
> View
> Fonts Tahoma and and Code View Font Tahoma size 10. Here I had no option 
> to
> set size for Design View. How can I set uniform font Tahoma size 10
> throughout the Site for all pages existing and future in one stroke?
> Modifying Styles cannot help in this context. 


0
Rob
1/28/2010 11:14:07 AM
I haven't used a Theme. I built my own DWT for the first time. While 
selecting Link Bar I just took the one I liked and that was 'Satin'. 

If you still say I should modify the theme please guide me where to start at 
least and if possible any important steps. Thanks a lot.

"Rob Giordano [MS MVP]" wrote:

> you have to modify the Theme
> 
> -- 
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Rob Giordano
> Microsoft MVP Expression Web
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> "mkr" <mkr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:4625D855-8631-4B9E-98B1-98F3BD61B101@microsoft.com...
> > 1. I have used Web Component Link Bar graphical style based on the 'Satin'
> > theme. It seems to use font Verdana size 10 pt. I want to letters smaller
> > using Tahoma 10 pt.
> >
> > 2. I went to Insert Web Component window, selected the block of four 
> > 'Satin'
> > bars, found no way to modify
> >
> > 3. I had already gone to Tools, Page Options, Default Fonts, set Design 
> > View
> > Fonts Tahoma and and Code View Font Tahoma size 10. Here I had no option 
> > to
> > set size for Design View. How can I set uniform font Tahoma size 10
> > throughout the Site for all pages existing and future in one stroke?
> > Modifying Styles cannot help in this context. 
> 
> 
0
Utf
1/28/2010 12:09:02 PM
You did choose a theme for the link bar.

Open a new page.
Format->Theme
Find Satin in the task bar and click the down arrow
Choose Customize
Click Graphics (near bottom left of the Customize Theme window)
Open Font tab in left column
Choose the graphic to modify in the Item dropdown (top left) example: 
Horizontal navigation
Click on a new font and amend the size and alignment if necessary.
Click OK
Click Save As and save with a new name (you won't be able to overwrite the 
original theme)
Apply the new theme to your link bar

-- 
Ron Symonds
Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)
http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp

Reply only to group - emails will be deleted unread.



"mkr" <mkr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:C1A4703E-E9AF-4FA0-8D74-FD87001F2A96@microsoft.com...
> I haven't used a Theme. I built my own DWT for the first time. While
> selecting Link Bar I just took the one I liked and that was 'Satin'.
>
> If you still say I should modify the theme please guide me where to start 
> at
> least and if possible any important steps. Thanks a lot.
>
> "Rob Giordano [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> you have to modify the Theme
>>
>> -- 
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> Rob Giordano
>> Microsoft MVP Expression Web
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> "mkr" <mkr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:4625D855-8631-4B9E-98B1-98F3BD61B101@microsoft.com...
>> > 1. I have used Web Component Link Bar graphical style based on the 
>> > 'Satin'
>> > theme. It seems to use font Verdana size 10 pt. I want to letters 
>> > smaller
>> > using Tahoma 10 pt.
>> >
>> > 2. I went to Insert Web Component window, selected the block of four
>> > 'Satin'
>> > bars, found no way to modify
>> >
>> > 3. I had already gone to Tools, Page Options, Default Fonts, set Design
>> > View
>> > Fonts Tahoma and and Code View Font Tahoma size 10. Here I had no 
>> > option
>> > to
>> > set size for Design View. How can I set uniform font Tahoma size 10
>> > throughout the Site for all pages existing and future in one stroke?
>> > Modifying Styles cannot help in this context.
>>
>> 
0
Ronx
1/28/2010 12:53:55 PM
Thanks. It worked. Step by step instructions were great. Thanks again, Ronx.

"Ronx" wrote:

> You did choose a theme for the link bar.
> 
> Open a new page.
> Format->Theme
> Find Satin in the task bar and click the down arrow
> Choose Customize
> Click Graphics (near bottom left of the Customize Theme window)
> Open Font tab in left column
> Choose the graphic to modify in the Item dropdown (top left) example: 
> Horizontal navigation
> Click on a new font and amend the size and alignment if necessary.
> Click OK
> Click Save As and save with a new name (you won't be able to overwrite the 
> original theme)
> Apply the new theme to your link bar
> 
> -- 
> Ron Symonds
> Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)
> http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp
> 
> Reply only to group - emails will be deleted unread.
> 
> 
> 
> "mkr" <mkr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:C1A4703E-E9AF-4FA0-8D74-FD87001F2A96@microsoft.com...
> > I haven't used a Theme. I built my own DWT for the first time. While
> > selecting Link Bar I just took the one I liked and that was 'Satin'.
> >
> > If you still say I should modify the theme please guide me where to start 
> > at
> > least and if possible any important steps. Thanks a lot.
> >
> > "Rob Giordano [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> you have to modify the Theme
> >>
> >> -- 
> >> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> >> Rob Giordano
> >> Microsoft MVP Expression Web
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> "mkr" <mkr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:4625D855-8631-4B9E-98B1-98F3BD61B101@microsoft.com...
> >> > 1. I have used Web Component Link Bar graphical style based on the 
> >> > 'Satin'
> >> > theme. It seems to use font Verdana size 10 pt. I want to letters 
> >> > smaller
> >> > using Tahoma 10 pt.
> >> >
> >> > 2. I went to Insert Web Component window, selected the block of four
> >> > 'Satin'
> >> > bars, found no way to modify
> >> >
> >> > 3. I had already gone to Tools, Page Options, Default Fonts, set Design
> >> > View
> >> > Fonts Tahoma and and Code View Font Tahoma size 10. Here I had no 
> >> > option
> >> > to
> >> > set size for Design View. How can I set uniform font Tahoma size 10
> >> > throughout the Site for all pages existing and future in one stroke?
> >> > Modifying Styles cannot help in this context.
> >>
> >> 
> .
> 
0
Utf
1/28/2010 9:20:01 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Problem to modify the size of PlotArea
Hello, I am trying to modify a chart so that it prints in a 20cm x 17,5cm frame. I do understand that this is governed by the plotarea.insideheight and plotarea.insidewidth properties. I also do understant that these properties are read-only. So far my code is the following: With ActiveChart .SizeWithWindow = False .PageSetup.ChartSize = xlScreenSize .PlotArea.Width = 567 .PlotArea.Height = 496 Do While .PlotArea.InsideWidth < 567 .PlotArea.Width = .Pl...

Trying to link a resource dll
Hi, I have modified something in my visual project solution and now everytime I want to compile one of my dll, visual tries to link with its resource dll. cannot open input file '..\..\..\..\..\cbl\windows mobile 6 professional sdk (armv4i)\debug\TestRes.lib' and it comes from the fact I get a dependency in my solution between my two projets. How can I fix this ? Have you tried just deleting the dependency from the solution list? Also, check your list of libs that get included, could be you mispelled something. What did you modify in your project that caused this to happen? ...

EXE change in data modified
Hi Guys Have a question regarding GP. What can cause a change in the "modified date" to the dynamics.exe file? In theory, something would need to change the file. My best guess would be a service pack would change the date. -- www.fmtconsultants.com "cruesta@gmail.com" wrote: > Hi Guys > > Have a question regarding GP. What can cause a change in the "modified > date" to the dynamics.exe file? > > For GP 9.0 SP 1 the Dynamics.exe modified date is 5/16/2006 which looks to be the date the Service Pack was created (as opposed to the da...

How to create chart with TWO categories and one set of data?
One cata ategory is GROUP another category is DEPARTMENTS and the data looks as under: Dept Group Salary === ===== ==== Finance Engineers 25 Finance Engineers 40 Finance Engineers 60 HR Welder 18 HR Welder 15 HR Engineers 30 HR ...

Option Button #2
I have been asked to do a form in Excel and one portion of the form requires a simple Yes or No answer. The best way of doing this I thought was giving the person who will be completing the form an option button to select either Yes or No. (There are approx 6 questions requiring only Yes or No answers) I am not an expert in Excel at all and need some advise here... How do I put in the option button in for each question to be only yes or no and how can I assign a value of 1 to the Yes answers that will pull through to a summary sheet refelcting the answers given? Thanks Pieter Set t...

Modifier Error
Whenever we try to go to modifier it gets the following error. The Modifier is currently unavailable because another user is editing resources in the Forms Dictionary. The Server has already been rebooted but we are still coming up with the same error. Thanks, Hi make sure that you are not sharing the Forms Dictionary with another users. Thanks BS "Jess M." <JessM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C56C6878-9410-4CF5-95DE-DCA0AC50EA55@microsoft.com... > Whenever we try to go to modifier it gets the following error. > > The Modifier is current...

modified timeline graph
I have a table of dates and events (and "phase"), and I want to make a timeline graph: 1-d horizontal line, no (visible) y-axis. I want the distance between the events to be spaced based on the date, and the event names to be shown at each point. The dates should be shown too, either for each event or just based on auto-scaling of the x-axis (e.g. major unit = 3 months). Here's the hard part. The events happen in different "phases", and I want to show the phases graphically somehow. I was thinking this component of the graph would be a bar chart, and I could someho...

Lost link to old outlook data after PC crash
Any help would be appreciated. My husband fried our configuration, and ended up having to re-install every programme. In the process...I can no longer access my old Outlook express emails (local folder)...how do I get them back? Thanks in advance ...

Save print settings
How do I save print settings in an excel file. I have created a form for co-workers to use and want it to automatically print to a particular printer and to print two-sided. Unfortunately I can't count on most of them to know how to do that, so I would like the file to have those print settings saved. -- Julie Print settings are generally saved with the workbook. Are you sure this is not occuring? Perhaps you could create a Custom View which includes your specific print settings? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 20 May 2010 06:55:01 -0700, Julie <Julie@discu...

Modify name displayed in GAL
Hi all! Is there any way to change the manner in wich user are displayed in GAL? I've been aked to set DislayName to "First Last", but leave "Last First" in GAL - is there any way to do this? Thanx -- R.V. ...

Embedded links for web and email
How do I change the default web and email that opens when I click on a link within an email message? If url, I want Microsoft Internet Explorer and for replies to embedded "mailto" it tries to log into SBC Yahoo instead of opening a blank email from Outlook. Thanks! ...

Links, and New Computer HELP!!!!
I am in the process of installing a new server to replace our very old one. The CEO of the company has requested the server name be changed to something more representive of what it is (Currently it is MAX, he wants it to be HSERVER). The problem we have is with Excel files, And Access databases. Many (over 1000) of the Excel files have linked tables to other excel files, and the Access database(s) all have linked tables to forms in these excel files. I didn't set the excel and access system up, so I don't have detailed information on it. I moved the files to the new server ...

Look up button how to
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_02ED_01C4B6F5.B9FF1000 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi- Sorry for all the naive questions. Does anyone know how to setup a look = up button? I have to modify existing GP window to add a look up button = and populate a field with selected value. How do I do that? Thanks- --=20 Roxy ------=_NextPart_000_02ED_01C4B6F5.B9FF1000 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "...

Signature Font
I have set up my signature in tools, options to use the same font (arial 12pt) for new, forwarded, replys, etc. But, when I reply to an email... my name (set to arial, 12ot, bold) changes to san serif. Any suggestions? ...

Changing default Drafts folder
My default email account is IMAP and it has a Drafts folder. Is there a way to get Outlook 2007 to autosave to the drafts folder in my IMAP account rather than the drafts folder in the pst file? Thanks ...

Linking between spreadsheets does not work unless I have both spr.
I am using Excel 2003 and I have upgraded from office 97. Before the upgrade the spreadsheets that we were using here at work updated without a problem. Since the upgrade the main spreadsheet we use will not properly update unless all the spreadsheets that is gets information from are open. I go to the links and update and it give me the OK status. I set excel to maunally update. But no matter what I try everytime I update the main spreadsheet without all the others open it will not properly update the data. The odd part is that I cane created a new spreadsheet and I can get infor...

modify online services
My bank recently upgraded their online services to include Direct Statements. Previously I had set up to receive Web statements. Money 2004 Omline services Manager does not give me the option to "modify services" only to "change financial institutions." Any ideas on how I can modify online banking services so I can use background banking to get Direct statements? This is how it works in M03: From account list -> Click manage online services -> click Setup online services, then select the financial institution from the list (assuming the list is updated wi...

Color of IE Title Bar
I have a client that wants to change the color of the IE Tile Bar based on the form that is open(different color for Opportunity/Account etc). I can do this my manually modifying the aspx file but would prefer to do it with an on open event using javascript. Does anybody have a sample of how to change the color of the IE Title bar? -- Regards, Robert McPherson Candlewest Systems Group Robert, I'm not familiar of any way to change the color of an IE Title bar programatically or by even coding that into a page. I'm under the impression that that's a window's UI setting....

Gantt Bar truncated
Quick search ends in no joy.... I had a fellow scheduler drop buy with a question. He has inherited a Project (2003) file. The task bars in the gantt chart view do not reflect the "start" and "finish" dates in the start and finish column. When the dates are added to each end of the bar in the gantt chart view, the task bar extends from the start date but does not stretch all the way out the planned finish date. I did a cursory view of the file on my way out and there was nothing readily apparent that would be driving this condition. I'm new to MS Project...

Pasting Formulas Without Links
Hi all, Is there a means of pasting formulas from one workbook to another without the formulas linking back to the original workbook? Example: When I do Paste Special>Formulas, I get: ='[Monthly Status Report Template v.2.0.xls]Summary'!$B$2 When what I want is: =Summary'!$B$2 I'm going to have to do this to around 50 spreadsheets, so if I can find an quick way of doing it, it's going to be really useful. Note: there are a number of formulas per worksheet, otherwise I'd just delete it it manually! TIA, SamuelT -- SamuelT ---------------------------------...

GP7.5SP6
We're in the process of upgrading from GP7.5 SP4 to SP6. We are on MSSQL Server 7.0. My supervisor has already implemented the hot fix as describe in MBS (that's a script to update some indexes on the server if someone is using GP7.5 manufacturing on MSSQL7). When I try to import modified forms and reports I've received some errors. For instances some references on the VBA to the GUI forms (i.e. text boxes, buttons) become missing. And on the reports I've been told it couldn't find the table MOP_MO_Variance_DC_Detail_Report_Temp and MOP-Sched_Interface_Report_Before....

XL2007: Linked-labels reference is not copied with sheet
Dear group, when I link a chart's text-labels with cells, the formula in the label contains the sheet-name, e.g. =Mysheet!$A$1. In 2003 or below, I could duplicate the sheet inside the workbook by copying it. Now in 2007, the cell-references in the linked labels remain on the old sheet, they are not copied. Is there any better way but copying the sheet into a second workbook, renaming and then moving it back into first workbook? Thanks, Holger. Yeah, they broke this in 2007. It sounds very familiar, I'm sure I've reported it. I don't think there's a better way th...

Search / Modify / Delete . . .
In �sheet1� I have a database with theses headers �Name, Phone, Address and below are the records rows 2-150. In �sheet2� I have the data entr� form (not VBA) its on the sheet, that has a macro that writes t �Sheet1� (for storage). How can implement a search for a record and return the result t �sheet2�, with the ability to modify or delete from the databas (�sheet1�). Thanking you in advance -- Fabl ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Fable's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=218 View this thread: http://www.ex...

"Calculate" message in Status Bar
Can anyone help me? I consider myself a heavy user of Excel and it has been so long since I have encountered "basic" problems, however, I am trying to troubleshoot a message that is constant on one of my huge worksheets. I have a "calculate" message appearing on my status bar and the worksheet is so big I was wondering if there was any way I could easily troubleshoot where the message is coming from. Which part of the worksheet, which cell? There is no circular reference error message appearing on the status bar, however, the spreadsheet is set to "automatic"...

Changing the default zoom in Outlook for schedule of Meeting request
When I make a meeting requestin Outlook and click on the tab for the scheduling, the default zoom state is "100% (Day View)" which is much too big. I have been told that it is impossible to change this, which I find hard to believe. But I haven't been able to find a way. Any ideas? ...