Linked Forms

    Hello,  I am doing a project that requires two forms.. The first form
contains the data for a business the second form contains data for the
business owner...

How do I link the two forms together...?

Many thanks.

Bob

0
Biss
5/23/2010 7:09:27 PM
frontpage.client 522 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Send a common key piece of data from the first form (say the company name) to the second form page and include it in the second form
as a hidden form field
(then if using a database to store the results link with a relationship the 2 results tables by the common field)
For form passing information see http://irt.org/articles/js063/index.htm

SBR @ ENJOY (-:              [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ]
"Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!"  (-;

"Biss" <raleygroupky@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:6E1FB8EF-0AAD-4764-BF94-01319971D072@microsoft.com...
    Hello,  I am doing a project that requires two forms.. The first form
contains the data for a business the second form contains data for the
business owner...

How do I link the two forms together...?

Many thanks.

Bob

0
Stefan

Change link between form and subform

linking #4

Linked Forms

Running a combo box on a continuous form
I have a continuous form bound to a table containing names, addresses and post codes. A combo box, in each record, lists service agents covering the area identified by the associated post code. On GotFocus, the combo box runs a selection query taking the associated post code as the criterion. A requery is necessary to ensure that the list of service agents is refreshed on changing records but that all works fine. Clicking the combo box drop-down arrow for any record confirms that the correct list of service agents is displayed in each case. However, no selection can then be effecte...

Links not linking

Open a form in a subform depending on button.
Hi Sorry this is probably really simple but for the lfie of my can't find how to do it. I have a form with three buttons and an Unbound subform. I would like that when I click one of the buttons it opens another form in the currently unbound subform. I can work out how to open a form in another window but I want it to open in the subform. Also If I wanted it to open a query instead of another form in this subform would this change much? Thanks James On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 03:37:02 -0800, james <james@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Me.mySubformControl...

Linked Table Manager in ACCESS

Link To A Cell From Chart

links

Links

Public Form Classes
We (unfortunately) had an outside source write a utility app. (This is the one using the Telnet session I asked about previously.) The guy wrote a class that wraps the Winsock control utilizing....... "Private WithEvents Socket As MSWinsockLib.Winsock" at the top of the class....I'll call it clsROS. Now here's the question...... There is a login form, and a GUI configuration form. You use the login form, and when successfully logged in, the GUI config forms shows. The login form has a privately dim'd clsROS on it. The GUI form has a public dim'...

open continuous form
How can I set continuous form to open showing top of recordset, rather than bottom? Switchboard manager opens to show empty new Add row, even when set to Open in Edit mode. Can scroll up to top, but when open form right from database window in a2003, opens form from top of recordset. thx! On Oct 31, 4:03 pm, nycdon <nyc...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How can I set continuous form to open showing top of recordset, rather than > bottom? > Switchboard manager opens to show empty new Add row, even when set to Open > in Edit mode. Can scroll up to top, but when open ...

how do i set up multi page user form
I have got this far with setting up a multi page user form but need to know what to type in visual basic to direct to the different pages Private Sub MultiPage1_Change() End Sub any help would be fantastic. Cheers Hi David You must use Value (0 is the first page) Me.MultiPage1.Value = 0 'Page 1 -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Davidrowland88" <Davidrowland88@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FB7BEE2D-82C4-4443-972E-D4184632B57A@microsoft.com... >I have got this far with setting up a multi page user form but need to know > w...

Linked Tables Over A LAN

email links in Publisher pdf

User Forms #6
Hello, I have created a user form (click on New Employee). How do I get the information entered in to this form to appear in the correct columns in the Payroll data sheet? And how do I get the combo boxes to display the drop down information from the sheet called input. Regards Runner77 +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: payroll.ZIP | |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4213 | +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ -- Runner77 -------------...

Chart template and links

Linking to ODBC Linked Tables

Linked Graphs from Excel
I have linked graphs from excel into my publisher document using Paste Special. The problem is that when they paste in they reshape (I have pie charts and they come in publisher looking like tall skinny ovals). I can fix the shape of the charts manually after pasting them in, but when I update the links the reshaping reverts to its original, incorrect size. Any suggestions on how I can use the linking to excel and not have to resize every time I update? "Paste Special" as what format? Have you tried an image format? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http...

CRM form in Offline mode
Hello, in a form, on the onload event, I would like to know if we are in offline mode ? It's possible ? My javascript call a webapplication and I don't want to run this code in offline mode. Thanks PAF Is possible:- if (crmForm.IsOnline==true) { \\ do something } -- Peter Lynch <pierre-adrien.forestier@supinfo.com> wrote in message news:1154422406.607505.169070@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > > in a form, on the onload event, I would like to know if we are in > offline mode ? It's possible ? > > My javascript call a webapplicatio...

linking subforms
my application have customers and invoices. each customer can have 1 or more invoices. on my form i have a subform for customers and one subform for invoices. both subforms are in datasheet view. if i click on customer A in the customer subform i want the invoice subform to show only invoices for customer A and at the same time allow me to add invoices for customer A. what are the steps to accomplish this? also i want to be able to print a report such that customer A is listed together with all customer A's invoices followed by customer B and so on. how can this be accomplished? thanks ...

save new record with one form
I created a form to add several pieces of information to a table. I then added a button at the bottom that I thought was suppose to save each record as a NEW recod. The problem is when I click the button it will save it as a new record, but if I close the application and go to add a new record later it automatically pops-up with the latest entry. I then just edit the information in the form and it doesn't save the record as a new entry.... it saves it as the last entry like I was editing. How do either add code so it will always save as a new record or when I open the form it wi...

visited links no longer change color
The links still work when clicked but, no longer show purple when visited. This happens in both Outlook and Outlook Express. Yesterday I tried making fonts a little larger as I have eyesight problem. Not sure if this is when the link color problem started. What I did exactly is: *Tools > Options > Mail Format > click "Fonts" button > click "International Fonts" button * At first I went through the list making each one "Larger" font size. * I realized that it's probably only "Western European" I need to change, so all others were set ...

How do i Change links to Relative links for linking pdf files?
Using Publisher, how do i change a link from absolute to relative.. I ahave created an offline website as a demo CD to hand out to clients, but the linked PDF's will only work when the CD drive of the computer is D:, how can i make the link read from the CD no matter whats the drive directory is called?? Please help When you are in the hyperlink dialog do not browse to the file to set the link. Use the address option and enter the path you want. David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP] http://www.publishermvps.com http://www.davidbartosik.com "Riggaz" <Riggaz@discussions.microso...

Help with links in one worksheet please
Hi I have made up a worksheet that will work out all my takings & expenses for the week. I have then made a totals sheet which I would like to add up all the Weekly totals for the year. I have done all the links from the Weekly sheet to the totals sheet and they all work fine. As I will have 52 weeks how do I copy the links I have made for week one (with the relevant changes for that weekly sheet) in the totals sheet? I hope you can understand this Any web sites that may help? Thanks for looking Derek One way is to make a list of your sheet names in col A and use or a modifi...