Length of time to publish - 73179

Does anyone know why it takes a very long time to publish my websites ?
Is it something I'm doing wrong or is my computer slow ?
frontpage.client 522 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Check the Remote Web Site Properties | Publishing settings and make sure you
are not "Publishing all pages" when you publish.

--
~ Kathleen Anderson
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

"mousey" wrote:

> Does anyone know why it takes a very long time to publish my websites ?
> Is it something I'm doing wrong or is my computer slow ?
Kathleen,

I have it set to post only changed pages. I also notice that the files in
the split screens are not very fast to open. Could it be the cause ???

Mousey

"Kathleen Anderson" wrote:

> Check the Remote Web Site Properties | Publishing settings and make sure you
> are not "Publishing all pages" when you publish.
>
> --
> ~ Kathleen Anderson
> Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
> Spider Web Woman Designs
> http://www.spiderwebwoman.com/resources/
> Please reply to the newsgroup for the benefit of others
>

> "mousey" wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know why it takes a very long time to publish my websites ?
> > Is it something I'm doing wrong or is my computer slow ?

length of segments
Is there a way to simply display the length of a line segment that has been changed from a straight line to an arc? Is there a way to simply determine the total lenght of two connected line segments or at least list their length for me to add together? The Shape.LengthIU property can give you this information programmatically. There is no way to get this directly from the Shapesheet. -- Mark Nelson Office Graphics - Visio Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "slimjim" <slimjim@discussions.microsoft.com...

I do not have Publisher. Can I read a pub doc?
A friend has done an A4 prayer sheet in Publisher. He has sent it to me to continue on a monthly basis. I do not have Publisher but to have office 2003 student edition. Can I open the pub doc in any way? Alex Eaden wrote: > A friend has done an A4 prayer sheet in Publisher. He has sent it to > me to continue on a monthly basis. I do not have Publisher but to > have office 2003 student edition. Can I open the pub doc in any way? Another FW who can't be arsed to STFW before posting. http://groups.google.com and that's more help than you deserve. It would have taken you co...

Crystal Columns Based on Time Elements
Hello: For those of you familiar with FRx, you know that you can have a column that references the current month and current fiscal year, and a separate column of data representing the current month but for the prior fiscal year. Is it possible to build this sort of logic in Crystal? I have written a complex inventory sales report that accurately shows sales data for any particular fiscal month and fiscal year. I wrote this based on parameter fields for month and year chosen by the end user when refreshing the report. But, I also need a column that shows that same data (same items) i...

Length of Variable names
I must make changes to code produced by developers long gone. Is it unusual to create variable names 50 or 60 characters in length?!? > Is it unusual to create variable names 50 or 60 characters in length?!? It does seem long but its valid. As a practice I seldom use names this long. If most or all variable names are this long, I would say its unusual. --- Ajay I think this is perfectly legal, but it makes it difficult to type the names :o) I've never had a problem describing my variable's function in less than 10 characters, but I've seen plenty of programs where peo...

Unable to add Hyperlink which is 255 characters in Length
Hi, Using windows xp SP3, and I am unable to add a hyperlink in powerpoint using the insert hyperlink option and copying a url which is over 255 characters in lenght. Does anyone know if there is a fix for this as it doesn't affect Ms Word. In article <B2114792-27F8-40F2-BFEC-76196F019D0A@microsoft.com>, Colson wrote: > Hi, > > Using windows xp SP3, and I am unable to add a hyperlink in powerpoint using > the insert hyperlink option and copying a url which is over 255 characters in > lenght. Does anyone know if there is a fix for this as it doesn...

Easy Time Entry
Hi, Anyone know some code I could use to easily enter times into cells. For example, I currently type '20:15' (without the quote's of course) but would much rather type 2015 & have it appear as 20:15 See Chip Pearson's site for quick entry of dates and times. Note: event code is required which Chip provides. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm Elsewise you would need a helper column to change the numbers to times. If you don't need to use the times for calculations you can use this custom number format: 00":"00 Examples: Typ...

Run Time Error 13: Type Mismatch
I am getting a Run Time Error 13: Type Mimsmatch error on the following line in the code that follows. Any assistance you could provide would be appreciated. My_Range.AutoFilter Field:=FieldNum, Criteria1:="=" & _ Replace(Replace(Replace(cell.Value, "~", "~~"), "*", "~*"), "?", "~?") Sub SeparateAdmin() 'Note: This macro use the function LastRow Dim My_Range As Range Dim FieldNum As Long Dim CalcMode As Long Dim ViewMode As Long Dim ws2 As Worksheet Dim Lrow As Long D...

Cannot open Clip art in Publisher... Please Help?
When using Publisher, we cannot open the Clip Art. It has always worked from the side menu... Now nothing.... Please help. Open the Organizer from the start menu, Microsoft Office Tools, when the Organizer opens, tools, compact. Empty your temporary cache, in Internet Explorer, tools, Internet Options, delete files. If neither of these solutions work, do a "detect and repair" from the help in the Organizer. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "ATA" <ATA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Sharing publisher on a home network
How do I share Publisher on an old home network consisting of a simple phone cable link between the primary system with publisher (xp) and the client (98) operating systems? Any help is appreciated! TravX You can't. You can share Publisher files, but not the program. Each computer needs to have the program installed. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "trav" <trav@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C3454F3-2E2B-44F5-A51F-0AC289F760C1@microsoft.com... > How do I share Publisher on...

Bizarre time behavior in Entourage
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I have a user who has many events on her Entourage calendar (with an Exchange 2007 backend), and for some reason, a handful of her events are off by one hour (i.e. one hour later than it really is). The event originally had the correct time in Pacific Standard Time, but when you look at how it got marked, it's behind by one hour. It's as if it didn't recognize that Daylight Savings Time ended. Moreover, this only occurs on some events. As far as I could reconstruct, it only appears...

Time calculations #4
How can I add two or more sets of hours:minutes:seconds? For example, if I add 12hr30min00sec to 1hr45min45sec I should get 14hr15min45sec. Try formatting the cell which contains the addition formula as [hh]:mm:ss Regards, Alan. "Neville" <Neville@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7253261-FBC4-44D3-887F-344114CD8FD4@microsoft.com... > How can I add two or more sets of hours:minutes:seconds? For example, if I > add 12hr30min00sec to 1hr45min45sec I should get 14hr15min45sec. YOu can add the values if the cells contain the time values 12:30:00 and 1:4...

Publisher and acrobat reader
I want to make a two page doc created in publisher accessable on the internet. People would be able to open the file and print it out. Seems like acrobat reader is the most common. I don't think it's an is, maybe a was perhaps. -- David Bartosik - MS MVP www.publishermvps.com "JoAnn Paules" <jl_amerson@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:cP-dnXRvaYvA2ajcRVn-pA@suscom.com... > Yes, it is a very common program. And your question > is......................? > > -- > JoAnn Paules > MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Yes, it is a very common program. And yo...

multiplying a negative time value by a monetary rate
hi there, I have a cell that contains a negative value, which I need t multiply by a rate. I have set to 1904 system, what I would like to d is if the cell contains a negative value, disregard this and treat i as zero in the calculation. I have tried if statements, but having n luck with it. The formula I have in the sheet is =(DAY(O18)*24*$AM$8)+(HOUR(O18)*$AM$8)+(MINUTE(O18/60*$AM$8))-AL18 where o18 is the negative value and $am$8 is the rate. Cell o1 contains only a time value. the main problem is that this value is th result of a formula, where the result could be either positive o neg...

Time Stamp Issue
I have it set up in my table that everytime a record is created it is time stamped with the date. What I am trying to do is set up a separate time stamp when the record is modified while also keeping the original record creation time stamp. Is this possible and if so how can I do it? I'm sorry to just jump into your post Antavas but I have a similar question and hope you don't mind. How would you do this if you want to also track changes to a subform? I have a form with a subform. The form has a date modified field. I would like to track any changes that occur, whethe...

how to create leading zeros on variable length numbers
I have a column of variable length numbers/text (6-12 characters). I need to place leading zeros in each of the cells to create a standard length of 15 characters. What's the easiest way to do this? sleect cells or column then pull-down: Format > Cells... > Number > Custom > and enter 000000000000000 in place of general -- Gary's Student "MVPitts" wrote: > I have a column of variable length numbers/text (6-12 characters). I need to > place leading zeros in each of the cells to create a standard length of 15 > characters. What's the easie...

4 files that come up every time I open up Excel..
Every time I open up Excel, I get 4 or 5 files (excel files) that pop open... Can i limit that to one or two? How do you do that? Also I still can not figure out how to create global styles and macros... for new docs... anyone have the philosophy of how Excel does it versus word (which is very easy, you just set it in prefs).. thanks Brent Hauver Brent Several questions and issues here. I will try to deal with most of them. Excel will try to open any files it finds in either the XLSTART folder or "Alternate startup file location" or "at startup, open files in". ...

Case Time Report
Does any one know about a report to list the amount of Billable time on a case which will equate to the time given when the case is resolved? ...

Length Textbox
I have a textbox control in a template. I would like to put in VBA code (or some other way) to limit the number of characters entered in the field. Thanks, Stanley Use the MaxLength property. -- Cheers! Gordon Bentley-Mix "Stanley" <Stanley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3CB3AF8-CACD-494D-B11E-41CEC3DE1D04@microsoft.com... > I have a textbox control in a template. I would like to put in VBA code > (or > some other way) to limit the number of characters entered in the field. > Thanks, > Stanley ...

Is there a way to convert MS Publisher 95 files to 2003 or other .
I have some files I used years ago and now want to use parts of them. I did them in Publisher 95 and Publisher 2003 will not open them. Any solution? Thanks While in a state of ecstasy after repairing his laptop, Ed sees a message from bodoira <bodoira@discussions.microsoft.com>. On it is written: > I have some files I used years ago and now want to use parts of them. > I did them in Publisher 95 and Publisher 2003 will not open them. Publisher 2003 will open Publisher 3.0 for Windows 95 documents without hassle. What problems are you having? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft ...

stop number font size from changing each time i click on somethin.
i am trying to do a graph of club lockers (bowling club) each time i put in a locker number the size changes back to 10. how do i get the no. size to stay at the size i want. using excel. I'm guessing that your default font size in the Normal Template is 10. Do you want to change the default font size for all Excel docs or just this one? "alibob26" wrote: > i am trying to do a graph of club lockers (bowling club) each time i put in a > locker number the size changes back to 10. how do i get the no. size to stay > at the size i want. using excel. ...

Time Format #9
Hello all Probably missing something, but I can't seem to find anything on a time format I want to use. I want to enter some times in the format of Minutes: Seconds : Hundreds of a second. Will Excel accdept hundredths of a second, & if so, what format do I use. Additionally, I don't particularly want to enter hours. It is for swimming times over small distances (50 & 100 Metres etc) I can't find any mention in the help files. Thanks Tony McGee Tony, Use a custom format of mm:ss.000 -- HTH RP "Tony McGee" <tony@tmsoft.com.au> wrote in mess...

Does Access store data in fixed lenght or variable length format
Hi, This is just for my own education and curiosity. Does anyone know if Access stores it data records in a fixed length or variable length records / rows? I realize that the answer is some what immaterial as it works the way it does, but as I said I would like to know for my own knowledge. Thanks, -- Dennis On Sat, 9 Jan 2010 20:27:01 -0800, Dennis <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >This is just for my own education and curiosity. Does anyone know if Access >stores it data records in a fixed length or variable length records / r...

Ref: Formula to calculate elapsed time between certain dates and t
Is there a way that the function in the referenced post could include weekends, i.e. 10/26/05 3:48 PM 11/1/05 9:07 AM? Function in posting: =SUM((18/24-MOD(A1,1))*(WEEKDAY(A1,2)<6),MOD(A15,1)-8/24* (WEEKDAY(A15,2)<6)+(NETWORKDAYS(A1,A15)-SUM(WEEKDAY(A1,2) <6,WEEKDAY(A15,2)<6))*10/24) This function totals the time as 5:19:00 when it actually should be 29:19:00. Thanks in advance for any help. Hi how have you got the cell with the formula formatted? It should be [h]:mm to allow Excel to go beyond 24 hours, rather than cycling back to zero again. With your dates and times and...

mail merging to Publisher from excel
I am trying mail merge information from Excel into Publisher. I get a message that reads: "The data source you have chosen contains more than one worksheet or table. Please enter the name of the worksheet or table that contains the information you want to merge." I have tried to the worksheet name that appears on the title bar. Didn't work. I tried typing Sheet 1. Didn't work Help I'm bushed - and a bit brain fried today so what I would do would be to save another copy of the Excel file as a different name, delete the unwanted worksheets, and try importing ...

String length of a Variable
If I assign a value to a variable (i.e. strNumber) then is there a way to know the number of characters (or text length) in VBA. i.e. strNumber = 1234, I want to be able know there is four characters (or text length). if strNumber = 12, I want to know there is 2 characters. Is there a function that will do that. Thank you. Lamar Len(strNumber) Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP ...