Length of time to publish - 73179

Does anyone know why it takes a very long time to publish my websites ?
Is it something I'm doing wrong or is my computer slow ?
frontpage.client 522 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Check the Remote Web Site Properties | Publishing settings and make sure you
are not "Publishing all pages" when you publish.

--
~ Kathleen Anderson
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

"mousey" wrote:

> Does anyone know why it takes a very long time to publish my websites ?
> Is it something I'm doing wrong or is my computer slow ?
Kathleen,

I have it set to post only changed pages. I also notice that the files in
the split screens are not very fast to open. Could it be the cause ???

Mousey

"Kathleen Anderson" wrote:

> Check the Remote Web Site Properties | Publishing settings and make sure you
> are not "Publishing all pages" when you publish.
>
> --
> ~ Kathleen Anderson
> Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
> Spider Web Woman Designs
> http://www.spiderwebwoman.com/resources/
> Please reply to the newsgroup for the benefit of others
>

> "mousey" wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know why it takes a very long time to publish my websites ?
> > Is it something I'm doing wrong or is my computer slow ?

Cutom Time Format
I want to format a cell with a custom time format that will allow my users to type in the time without the colons. [1014 = 10:14]. I've tried several different ways of setting up a custom format to do this, but nothing works. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks! -- Sherry Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Const WS_RANGE As String = "H1:H10" On Error GoTo ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = False If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range(WS_RANGE)) Is Nothing Then With Target .Value = TimeSerial(Int(.Value / 100), _ ...

getting military time format within excel
is there a way to get military time format in excel? Sure there is. Use FORMAT -> CELLS -> TIME and select the military time format you want. "dgarrison" <dgarrison@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4EFE12DC-FC31-4405-9CDB-D4A58B40753B@microsoft.com... > is there a way to get military time format in excel? You can Custom format a cell as hhmm, so it will show 2250. However, you still cannot enter it as 2250; you'll have to enter 22:50 If you want to avoid that, see http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm -- Kind regards, Niek Ot...

Adding text in Publisher before the actual html e-mail message?
I am trying to send out an e-mail made in Publisher. It's a newsletter, but in case some people can not view the actual html image, I want to have a link to a page on our website with the same content. The only way I have been able to add this text prior to the message is to send it to myself and then fwd it with the appropriate message about the link. "if you cannot see the following message, click here." Does anyone know a way to add this additional message from the Publisher document? I would greatly appreciate some advice. Hi Camil- If I understand you correctly, y...

Length of an Excel document
Is there a maximum length for an Excel spreadsheet before it crashes? My colleague has one that goes into several sheets, and she was worried it would crash at some point. She uses Excel 2000. Thanks Suroor Determined by available memory. suroora wrote: > Is there a maximum length for an Excel spreadsheet before it crashes? My > colleague has one that goes into several sheets, and she was worried it would > crash at some point. She uses Excel 2000. > > Thanks > Suroor Only limitation in amount of sheets is your computers memory. It might also bec...

How do I start a monthly calender with Sundays in Publisher?
I am using Publisher 2003 amall <amall@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I am using Publisher 2003 Make sure you're running the latest update (SP2) for Publisher (and Office). Toggle the location between the US and the UK. One gives calendars which start on Sundays, one gives calendars which start on Mondays. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

Character Length Problem
Hi ... Can someone help me how i can generate equal length characters in my edit control. By equal length, i mean all characters occupying the same display space, as in DOS, and in contrast to GUI. Ex: Character, 'i' occupies smaller space compared to 'w', in GUI. While i want to have all characters to have the same size. Actually i want to arrange consecutive strings one below the other so that they appear to be arranged in columns. However, i am also consiering the SetTabStops function ... thanks, once again, "PSN" <prakash437@gmail.com> wrote in message ...

Time and Billing addon
Is there a Time and Billing addon for Help Desks or any integration into QB for invoicing? Rob did you find anything out on this one? I am interested in the same thing. thanks Same here... ...

Incorrect Sent Time in Outlook 2000
I use IMO, not Exchange, and the time that messages show as sent on recepient's computer is one hour earlier than they are actually sent, even though my PC clock is accurate. Any advice on this? In OL try; Tools/Options/Preferences/Calendar Options check time zone & daylight saving settings David "Charles Smith" <atlantares@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:0cd701c35826$47a19840$3501280a@phx.gbl... > I use IMO, not Exchange, and the time that messages show > as sent on recepient's computer is one hour earlier than > they are actually sent, even though ...

Sorting by Date and Time
I transformed some data to an excel file. I tried to sort those data by date and time, however it didn’t work. I also tried to change the format of the date to like “mar 2 98” or “03/02/98”, but the appearance is always “3/2/98”. It just refuse to change the format. It would be appreciated if anybody could help with this. Hi when you right mouse click on one of the cells, go into format / cells & choose the number tab, click on general ... what does it say under the word sample on the right hand side? Cheers JulieD "plumstone" <plumstone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

graphics in Publisher #2
When viewing my document in Print Preview, only graphics appear. Does the document print in toto? Have you gone to the manufacturer's web site of your printer model and looked around for an updated driver? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "cmeeker" <cmeeker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B1EF4D42-295C-4BCF-A7D9-97362174FECF@microsoft.com... > When viewing my document in Print Preview, only graphics appear. Yes, the document does print. No, I haven't gone to the printer...

Does Access store its data in fixed length or variable length rows
-- Dennis Hi, I would assume variable length. Of course it may not even store all of the the data for a particular row in a contiguous section of the file. You could do a quick and dirty test to see if it is variable or fixed length. Create a new database with one table with a text column of 200 or so characters. Create a method that lets you specify to append a thousand or so rows of data. Make a copy of the database. Run the process on one database telling it to save a short value, say a single character. In the other run the process on the second telling it to sav...

Publisher 07
Is there an addon or software from Microsoft to be able to send a publication to a person using 2003 publisher so that they are able to open my 2007 publications Publisher 2003 can open 07 publications without an add on. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "gilfach" <gilfach@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BDCC49F9-23BC-40A9-B853-7EBD53AF553D@microsoft.com... > Is there an addon or software from Microsoft to be able to send a > publication to a person using 2003 publisher so that...

Average time from date time column?
I have a column that is in general date format, 6/19/2007 5:34:23 PM. In another column I have a value between 10 and around 50. What I have to do is get the average of this number by time in a day. So if the number is 10 all day, then the average is 10. If the number is changed during the day, say its 5 for half the day then 10 for the other half of the day, then the number I'm looking for is 7.5. If the number is 5 for 1/4 of the day and 10 for the other 3/4 of the day then the number would be around 8.5..... if you follow what I'm trying to say. So far I have been a...

How do I correct "numeric field overflow" in Publisher?
When merging Excel data with Publisher, I keep getting an error message "numeric field overflow". How do I correct this? PUB2000: "Numeric Field Overflow" Error Message When You Try to Perform a Mail Merge http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827321/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "sweepea" <sweepea@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:67487F57-6E19-40A6-B558-BE5B26801E9C@microsoft.com... > When merging Excel data with Publisher, I keep getting an error message &g...

Publisher, saving work, then opening in a different computer
I am new at this, but how can I save a project on one computer, then either save it on a disc or send as an email attachement that can then be opened on another computer that has Publisher on it and be able to conintue with changes, etc. You can email the file the same way you email any attachment. You can copy the file to a removable disk, the only caveat is before you open the file be certain to copy the file to the local hard drive. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "dave" <dave@discussions.microsoft....

creating a book in Publisher
I want to create an A5-sized book/booklet in Publisher. I might as well be shooting for the moon. The program's Help feature is unhelpful, and none of the dedicated Publisher books I have bought go near the topic, yet I'm sure it is possible. Will someone out there please put me out of my misery! All I want is a simple guide to creating a 48-page booklet. The first 4 pages will be one format/layout; the remaining pages will be another format/layout and would therefore benefit from using Master Pages. And I want to incorporate an index. Is that so hard? Microsoft seem to thin...

Two scanners at the same time
Hi! One of my employees has a hard time using the Symbol LS 2008 because you have to press a button. I have thus installed a Metrologic MS 9520. I like the Symbol better. The MS is plugged via wedge. Can I also have a Symbol scanner (USB) plugged in at the same time? As long as you are using a PS/2 keyboard you should be fine. The Metrologic Wedge interface won't work unless a Keyboard is plugged in behind it - or at least that was my experience before we switched to all USB devices... Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com -----------...

Outlook in Office XP crashing ten to twelve times a day
My out look is crashing every few hours. I have tried compacting, Detect and Repair in Outlook and repair installation from the install discs without outlook running as well as SCANPST on the outlook.pst file to no avail. Although I am not usually doing the same thing when it crashes (and sometimes it crashes while I am not even working in it) It especially seems to crash at the moment with a Fatal Exception Error while I am trying to insert a file in an e-mail I am trying to send. (Up until this morning this never presented problems before and it MAY just be a problem with this part...

Time planner
Hi Anybody able to help? I need to quickly draw up a schedule for the set up of a large stage show (over 3 days 24hr working). I need to show time down one column in 15min stages in 24hr clock (Hrs & Mins). As usual time is of the essence. Many thanks Paul Type 00:00 in your first cell, 00:15 in the next, 00:30, 00:45 and 01:00. Then select the block of cells and position the cursor over the bottom right-hand corner. It'll change to a + cursor. Then drag down for your 24 hours (about 100 cells approx) "Paul" wrote: > Hi > > Anybody able to help? I...

CRM Service Scheduling should consider lunch and break time
When scheduling a service activity of say 3 h, if a service resource is available at 10 am, he will not be considered because he as a lunch at 12:00, only 2 hours avaulable, but he is still available at 13:00 , so it should be possible to shedule the job. An option should be provided to either consider lunch/break times or not when scheduling work. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, ...

Time / Negative Time
Hi, If, for instance, in Excel you write 17:00 - 16:30, it will produc 0:30. However, 16:30 - 17:00 will produce #####, understandibly because you cannot have - ? o'clock. By formatting this to a number can produce -0.5. What if I still want to represent the decimal, but out of 60, so that can still get -0.30. I have tried messing about with fractions and still can't get it. Any ideas? Thanks, -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com On Thu, 13 May 2004 17:33:58 -0500, Kiaat <<Kiaat.167uek@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: >Hi, > >If, for insta...

Why do random streaks appear in photos in Publisher? #2
I have some pictures that I have put in a publisher article, and they have wierd streaks and boxes on them. This appears on the screen and in print. However, if I resize the pictures, the lines move in odd intervals. They will change from streaks half-way down the picture to going the whole length of the picture or vice versa. Any help with this would be appreciated. ...

Fitting lengths into a longer length
I have a number measurments that I need to get put in the most efficien order to use the least amount of wood. The wood can come in increments of 30cm such as 30cm, 60cm 90cm.....2.1m, 2.4m and so on. I need lots of little lengths (and som longer) which on their own do not fit exactly with the 30cm increments. I need to find the best fit within the lengths available to me. Is anyone aware of anything I can do in Excel to put the small length in the best order to fit within parameters given above? This may seem complicated, due to my poor explaination -- Chise ----------------------------...

Cant see any images on the website created in Publisher
HELP, tried everything! images, pictures and navigation bar not showing! i created a website in Publisher and when I publish to web, it doesnt show any images. The images are in the FTP site. When i view the source of the photos it indicates it is in on my F drive, how do I change the source to be the FTP (www) ? What am i doing wrong? Can it be the website providers settings? take a look... www.shoal.ca Ask your question here http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign&cat=en_US_1845e149-582a-4e62-8d76-f1c90f948f...

Splt a length record into multiple lengths
Hello I have a table which contains start and end points e.g. Start End 1.00 miles 3.00 miles Is is possible for me to create a query to split this mileage into multiple records in a seperate table e.g Start End 1.00 miles 1.50 miles 1.50 miles 2.00 miles 2.00 miles 2.50 miles 2.50 miles 3.00 miles Cheers Les. Les Not quite enough info ... How many segments? How long for each segment? What about "rounding"? More info, please... -- Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP Disclaimer: This author may h...