Is there a way to recover a deleted file?

I have no idea how or even when, but I deleted a file containing background
..gif and .jpg information.  Now my sight looks different (naturally), and
some of them are replaceable.  When you use other web builders, they "backup"
all your old stuff.  I can't seem to find any information regarding this
possibility with FrontPage.  Am I just at the mercy of the cyber gods or is
there a solution that I'm going to like?

Regards,

frontpage.client 522 articles. 0 followers. Follow

When you say deleted them do you mean to say you used the "delete" button on
your keyboard?  If so then these files must be still in your recycle bin.
Of curse it depends when they were deleted.

Go to your desktop and see if there is a link to recycle bin (or Norton
Protected Recycle Bin if you have installed Norton Tools),  Now right click
on it and choose explore.  When you see your files double click on it and it
will allow you to reinstate in its original place.

hth

"Flint" <Flint@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have no idea how or even when, but I deleted a file containing background
> .gif and .jpg information.  Now my sight looks different (naturally), and
> some of them are replaceable.  When you use other web builders, they
> "backup"
> all your old stuff.  I can't seem to find any information regarding this
> possibility with FrontPage.  Am I just at the mercy of the cyber gods or
> is
> there a solution that I'm going to like?
>
> Regards,

0
LD55ZRA
3/13/2010 6:16:17 PM
If you deleted the files from FrontPage, they are gone for good - there is no recycle bin with FrontPage.
If the files exist elsewhere (on the live web, for instance) import the duplicates into the website, otherwise use the backup you made.
--
Ron Symonds
Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)

Flint explained :
> I have no idea how or even when, but I deleted
> a file containing background  .gif and .jpg
> information.  Now my sight looks different
> (naturally), and  some of them are replaceable.
>  When you use other web builders, they "backup"
>  all your old stuff.  I can't seem to find any
> information regarding this  possibility with
> FrontPage.  Am I just at the mercy of the cyber
> gods or is  there a solution that I'm going to
> like?

> Regards,

0
Ronx
3/13/2010 6:43:06 PM
"Flint" <Flint@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have no idea how or even when, but I deleted a file containing background
> .gif and .jpg information.  Now my sight looks different (naturally), and
> some of them are replaceable.  When you use other web builders, they
> "backup"
> all your old stuff.  I can't seem to find any information regarding this
> possibility with FrontPage.  Am I just at the mercy of the cyber gods or
> is
> there a solution that I'm going to like?
>
> Regards,

deleted files in fp do not go to the recyle bin they are gone

however ... do you have your site on your hard drive and online?

what is the link to your site?

You can just get the files from the server

backing up is up to you.... you just publish your site to another web on
your hard drive.

http://accessfp.net/backupfp.htm

see that helps when it comes to understanding backup.

if you work live and don't have a backup on your hd ... then two other
solutions are ask your host if they have a backup of your site and can they
let you have a copy see if your site or pages is on the wayback machine
http://www.archive.org/web/web.php

hth Tina
Expression Web Easter Giveaway
http://www.frontpage-to-expression.com/expression-web-giveaway.html
Prizes: EW 3.0 x1, Migrating from FronPage to Expression Web Ebook x2, EW
Tips Ebooks x3
Special Prize: SEO Toolbar for any version. Runs: 12th March - 30th April

0
Tina

I created .msg files for contacts from my old outlook program.
Now I can't import it into my new Outlook 2003 application. Can it be converted? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=c4dc27d8-8ad2-4d19-ba83-f3e3833e8f11&dg=microsoft.public.outlook ...

Deleting Microsoft Exchange Server
I have read the threads but I still cannot delete a profile. I'm in Outlook 2007 on Vista Ultimate at home, and with difficulty I've synchronized my Outlook files (other than e-mail, namely Contacts, Calendar, Tasks and Notes) from my office Outlook with my BlackBerry files at home by setting up a new personal .pst profile/file, BUT I'm asked repeatedly for my Server password with a pop-up box, etc. It's a nuisance! When I go into Mail Profile, Data File, or Accounts from Outlook, I always get this message when I try to "Remove" the Exchange Server ...

Best Way ?
G'day All, Looking for some information. With Outlook you can have all your contacts...address, email address, yada, yada, yada. Can I use this information in to say mail merge with Word and email a letter to the ppl with email addresses? Or is this better done with a Access? The reason I ask is that we want to deliver an email to all our clients with the latest promotions. And want it to be a bit more automated? Any information or pointers in the right direction would be appreciated. Have a good one, Scott V You can use either Access or Outlook as the data source for a ma...

How to Change the file associated with IE's Windows Media Player Add-on
Hello, My home computer is not playing streaming videos that are embedded in websites correctly, while my office computer can. Both machines use Internet Explorer as the web browser. I compare their settings under IE's "Manage Add-ons" and find one difference between them. At home, the file associated with Windows Media Player under the IE Manage Add-on dialog box is msdxm.ocx. At work, the file is wmpdxm.dll. I want to change the home computer IE Manage Add-on setting to be the same as that for office computer. How can I change the setting to point to th...

Delete Duplicate Info
I have columns A and B filled with information. The information in A1 refers to B1, A2 to B2 etc..... In some of my cells, there is duplicate information, and so for example, in A1 and B1, and A22 and B22, the same text information will be identical. So, can anybody advise me of a quick way to delete duplicate information if it appears more than once in both columns??? I don't want to delete duplicate info from one column but both columns. Thanks Hi If the duplicates are always adjacent, you could use a helper column =A2=B2 and fill down. Fix these results by Copy / Paste Special . ...

automatic removal of archived files
Is there a way I can set the server to automatically delete old files from the archive folder in... IMCDATA->IN->ARCHIVE IMCDATA->OUT->ARCHIVE I found the way to do it for logs but not for archives. Can you help me please? thanks JP Archive is something you turned on. Diagnostic logging -> IMC -> Message Archival (Set to None to turn off) This is more for troubleshooting than something you would leave on. Exchange only has on/off for this - cleanup requires manual labor or some other utility. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS&qu...

Contact file Creation date restore
I have moved my Contacts folder from the server to my PC HD. I needed to do this to be able to export the files to Excel format (seemed not possible to do this from the server). The problem is that due to moving the folder all the Contacts files Creation dates are reset to the time & date when moved. I need to know when a file is created so I can do some cleanup after some years of use! The Excel export file still holds the original creation dates. How can I use these to restore the Contacts files (without typing the original creation date into every single Contacts file)? ...

Is there a way to color code Outlook Contact File Folder Labels?
Is there a way to color code Outlook Contact File Folder Labels? No. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "isailhbca" <isailhbca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DBD10F7-FAA0-4102-A4C3-E2697908EFE8@microsoft.com... >...

A way to create sub-categories?

Recovering a publisher file from its .tmp file
I am not familiar with Publisher 2002 and its workings. One of my bosses was creating a company news letter and while inserting, rather large, pictures she crashed and it saved all the work as a .tmp. I tried renaming the file to a .pub with no avail. I am primarily interested in recovering the text. Any hints or suggestions would be greatly apprieciated! Thanks, Jim Try Open, files of type, scroll down to "recover text from any file" and browse to the file. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Jim&quo...

is there a way to crop a corner out of a rectangular image in Visi
Using subtract on two shapes accomplishes what i want to do, but when the first shape is a .gif image, it does not work. No, the "boolean operations", as they're called, do not operate on foreign objects like bitmaps and controls. Visio has crop functionality for imported graphics, but it is only rectangular. You could draw a small white triangle and give it "no line". Then place it over the corner of your bitmap. -- Hope this helps, Chris Roth Visio MVP "doug" <doug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29D479A6-6099-4051-B7A0-1...

is there a way to change the time card repor format?
i'm using activereports in RMS to generate a custome timecard report. for my timein and timeout colums, the datatype i have assigned to the columns is vbDate. when I generate the report, the columns only show the date as mm/dd/yyyy, they do not show the time of day piece for exactly when the cashier punched in or out. is there any way to change the formatting of this so that in the report the time shows up? for example, instead of showing 2/6/2005 in the time in column, it would show 2/5/2005 8:00:00 AM. thanks in advance, kevin There is a timecard report on the Reports Library...

view a pub file
Hi I d like to know how I could see a publisher file if I have not publisher ?? thank you You can't. You will have to ask the sender to convert it to a .pdf file for you. If they can't and this is a one time thing, you are welcome to forward the file onto me and I'll do it for you. Send it to jl dot paules at gmail dot com. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Photo" <Photo@hotmail.fr> wrote in message news:44b04061$0$881$ba4acef3@news.orange.fr... > Hi > I d like to know how I could see a publisher file if I have not publisher > ?? &g...

Delete dead mailbox from active directory
We have four exchange servers - two E2K and two E2k3. One of the E2k server just died due to corrupt array control. We had no mailboxes or anything else on that server. One of our administrator must have created one mailbox on that server by mistake and he never realized that until now. server died and we deleted that mailbox from active directory but, when i try to remove the server from system manager i get message saying can't remove because there are mailboxes associated with this information store. Is there any other way i can remove that server from active directory or s...

Mass Delete of Accounts
We seem to have thousands of accts that were added that have had no activity and I would like to mass delete them (without SQL, if possible). I did a query between GL30000 and GL00100 pulling in all accts from GL0100 where there were no records in GL30000 which was a lot. I also filted on accts created before the beginning of the year. I know about Mass Modify and the ability to delete; but there isn't any rhyme or reason to the population of accts so that really isn't an option. Is there any way via Integration manager or something similar where I can delete these old, unused acct...

delete 401k
I made a mistake and need to delete a 401k account I created, how do you do this? I found it! ...

best way to deserialize xml
I'm at a quandry as to what's the best/fastest way to deserialize an incoming xml stream? I ran a small test on xmlserializer and on a small file it performed 10 times worse then when I used the XMLDocument and deserialized the values myself. Is the xmlserializer really that slow? I'm expecting a file about 1 MB in length and if it's that slow on a 2 K file then I can't phantom how it's going to behave on a 1 MB file. Should I just skip the xmlserializer and XML Dom and go straight to xmlreader and do the deserialization myself? This has been discussed a few times...

How to generate a mailbox list file to use in scheduled ExMerge
Hi! Anyone know how I can generate a file that contains a list of mailboxes to be used with scheduled ExMerge? I tried to interactively run ExMerge, then cancell the program halfway, but it does not create the file I need. An alternative for creating the file would be to use an LDAP query in a script -- if anyone can help with that as well. Thanks MosesM On Wed, 4 Jan 2006 11:05:04 -0800, MosesM <MosesM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi! Anyone know how I can generate a file that contains a list of mailboxes >to be used with scheduled ExMerge? I tried to interactively ru...

Can You Count This Way?
I have some cells with note type data: For ex: ax,3b7,22,xy,zz, Is there a way to count every item between the commas? Thanks. Hi try =LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,",","")+LEN(A1)>0 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Timothy Wright wrote: > I have some cells with note type data: > > For ex: > > ax,3b7,22,xy,zz, > > Is there a way to count every item between the commas? > > Thanks. On Wed, 19 May 2004 20:13:53 +0200, "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de> wrote: >Hi >try >=LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,&q...

Converting vcproj files from VS2005 to VS2008 with Powershell
I wanted to share this to give back to the general Powershell knowledge base and didn't know where to do this so am posting this here. Not long ago I had to migrate a number of legacy C++ VS2005 projects into VS2008 format. The projects had been originally migrated from VC6 Dev Studio format so that there was some path fixups required to allow the projects to build with Team Build. I created the following powershell script which I named fixVS8toVS9vcproj.ps1 which does 90% of the grunt work. Usage (from a Powershell console prompt): .\fixVS8toVS9vcproj.ps1 {path}\...

Is there a way to Sort data by color in Excel?
I am trying to sort data by color, is that possible? see http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html#sorting -- HTH Bob Phillips "SRTUC" <SRTUC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5121232-FB1D-46AF-94F8-04B7EAA2D90C@microsoft.com... > I am trying to sort data by color, is that possible? You're gonna need a User defined function to get the value of a color. See Chip Pearson's site for a nice version: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm Look for: Returning The ColorIndex Of A Cell Then you could use that UDF in a separate colu...

Deleting Blank Rows #2
The problem is there is a blank rows between blocks of data (37 blocks of data) I want to be able to delete the blank rows... the blank rows can vary each month... thanks -- Reeni Hi Reeni, Assuming that the blank rows are determined by blank cells in column A, try the following macro: '=============>> Public Sub Tester1() On Error Resume Next Columns("A").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks). _ EntireRow.Delete End Sub '<<============= If you are new to macros, you may wish to visit David McRitchie's 'Getting Started With Macros ...

File Formats for Accounts Receivable
I am looking to build an interface into great plains from another application. I would like to import information into Accounts Receivable. Does anyone have the layout definitions or links to the documents that may help? Look at the transaction flow documents in the SDK. The SDK can be installed from CD2 of the Install CD set. David Musgrave Senior Development Consultant MBS Services - Asia Pacific Microsoft Business Solutions http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions mailto:dmusgrav@nospam-microsoft.com Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Micros...

I don't like the MDW file
can anyone think of any alternatives to use instead of the MDW file? In other wors, provide the same type of security in a dirfferent way, withouth using the MDW file? What sort of security are you looking for? Access User-Level Security, which is probably what you're talking about when you're saying MDW file, isn't that secure anyhow. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Anthony" <no_spam@please.com> wrote in message news:%23vuNXrYDHHA.4256@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > can anyone think of any alternatives t...

Is there a convenient way to save data
Is there a convenient way to save dialog data so it remembers the users last selection? I have a dialog based application that only has three user variables all of which are ints. What is the best way to make theses variables persistent for a given user on a given machine? Thanks "Jeff B" <jb@nospan.net> wrote in message news:fpDif.10451$Ay6.2336@fe13.lga... > > Is there a convenient way to save dialog data so it remembers the users last > selection? I have a dialog based application that only has three user > variables all of which are ints. What is the best w...